Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nemoralia looks to have matured into a lovely filly, some performance. Coronation stakes looks the best race at Ascot this year.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Qatar Racing buys Now Or Never!

Comment

Seems to be the way forward, get a nice horse, win a decent race, sell to a sheik and rub money on titties

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
          Seems to be the way forward, get a nice horse, win a decent race, sell to a sheik and rub money on titties
          I didn't fully realise the big advantage of having Fallon as stable jockey initially, obv still very decent but his comments carry so much clout in the media he's the perfect man to have for a selling stable.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Was told by the man himself that John feane would have 2 winners in Killarney today.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
              Was told by the man himself that John feane would have 2 winners in Killarney today.
              Ha! IPB night of nostalgia would have gotten a lot louder if his entry in dundalk had of won
              Elusive In Paris (IRE) & Spruce Meadows (IRE) are the two runners
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You'd be taking a significant leap of faith to back them (especially the latter) going on their turf form.

Harvey Specter should out run his odds(20/1) in the opener.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Whats with Weaver and Harvey not working together in the same studio for some time now. Just taking a break or more to it?. It was a cracking duo that constantly worked and both are still working on the same channel but not together in the same studio.
                  Perhaps one of them might be going to ITV racing and they are already trying out new combos at ATR?.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    I didn't fully realise the big advantage of having Fallon as stable jockey initially, obv still very decent but his comments carry so much clout in the media he's the perfect man to have for a selling stable.
                    Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    Whats with Weaver and Harvey not working together in the same studio for some time now. Just taking a break or more to it?. It was a cracking duo that constantly worked and both are still working on the same channel but not together in the same studio.
                    Perhaps one of them might be going to ITV racing and they are already trying out new combos at ATR?.
                    Some decent banter between the pair of them tbf good fun when they started discussing Fallon's talking up Now or Never before the sale
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      I often wonder if people knew half of reality would it scare them?
                      Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Comment

Walkers Point E/W in the 5.30 at Clonmel. Worth a small poke.

Comment

Wilms warrior in the last at clonmel. Jockey has said it will finish in the money and is up to winning this kind of race

Comment

At downpatrick this evening. Any fancies?

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by novak View Post
                              At downpatrick this evening. Any fancies?

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
                              Reetja in the next is 3/1 cover bet 2 place s on bet 365 which is a wrong price so grab while or if you can.

Comment

Jennies retirement has been put on hold for a bit. She's been kicking the door down to get out working and there are a couple of opportunities that we are keen on looking at for her. She goes to the Curragh tomorrow to run against some more seasoned flat handicappers over 2 miles off a potentially fair mark of 83. She did a nice piece of work on the Curragh the other day... Mullins had a lorryload running at the same time and after seeing her gallop he opted to avoid taking her on with Pique Sous on Sunday I was also told last night that they are very sweet on its chance over an inadequate trip today.
                                BTW Un De Sceaux almost ran away with Ruby and looked in absolutely cracking form for today's run in France its not impossible depending on ground and how tomorrow goes that we could take him on in Autieil in the French CH. I always had my eye on one of the 26F races at Royal Ascot but weather would play a big part in that decision.

Anyway, Jennies in good form, she hasn't been scanned in foal yet but it looks likely she is, every drop of rain helps. I thought we might be getting some fancy prices but this time the pundits seem to have noticed that she is potentially well treated and 3/1 seems a bit skinny to me. Very hard for me to assess flat horses but some of the opposition look like real quality and there are a few that could be very well handicapped. I'm not sure how her mark was calculated, the Galway win wasn't seen as beating much but a bare reading of her Gowran form with Awesome star and Wicklow Brave looks strong.
                                Will be nice to have a day out up the Curragh and hopefully between Jennies Jewel and Now or Never it will be memorable one.

Comment

Rolanna 8:20 Chep worth a small ew poke.

Comment

Bizarre scheduling for tomorrow's Curragh card, only in Ireland.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                      Bizarre scheduling for tomorrow's Curragh card, only in Ireland.
                                      Guesing the golf and gaa have priority on RTE. So this is a solution of sorts, with one G1 before the gaa starts and the other between the 2 matches.

Comment

Went out for 2 pints to watch match, somehow ended up at Alan crowes birthday party. Some amount of drunk NH jockeys and trainers. I'm in the company of a lad banned for riding for a year for coke, a lad shot in India for stopping a horse and a lad barred off for profiting from inside information, should end well

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                          Went out for 2 pints to watch match, somehow ended up at Alan crowes birthday party. Some amount of drunk NH jockeys and trainers. I'm in the company of a lad banned for riding for a year for coke, a lad shot in India for stopping a horse and a lad barred off for profiting from inside information, should end well
                                          Share please
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            Share please
                                            May update as long as battery lasts , Bryan cooper drinking something that looks like water but I'm not convinced, halford supposed to win first tomorrow and Ceylon ew without jennies jewel.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Anyway, Jennies in good form, she hasn't been scanned in foal yet but it looks likely she is, every drop of rain helps. I thought we might be getting some fancy prices but this time the pundits seem to have noticed that she is potentially well treated and 3/1 seems a bit skinny to me. Very hard for me to assess flat horses but some of the opposition look like real quality and there are a few that could be very well handicapped.
                                              Currently @6.1 here, although that's Tote. Fixed not availible yet. Will check closer to the off.
                                              Now or Never short @6.0, fav @1.4

Will keep an eye before I move.

Comment

Now or Never gone to 9's. I've already backed Aidan's outsiders but gonna have to add her as well, serious place value in the EW.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Now or Never @50 on the tote
                                                  There's very little liquidity in the pool, I might try to poach it before the off

Comment

...Fuck that was some gamble on van der deckin in the 13:20- apparently it was 66/1 last night, won at 6/1...

Comment

A fur fuck fuc kfuc kkk ffufffffffcckkkk

Robbie Mac tipped Jet Setting at 20's the other day on the FFpod, very confident he was, forgot to back it as was crazy busy

Checked today, into 9's & minding so left it

* and yes I know this is a shoulda woulda coulda post but ffu ccccccckkkkkkk!
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 22-05-16, 13:09. Reason: *

Comment

Nice! Grats again strewel!
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Well done jenny. What a cracking horse.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats strewel,
                                                            I wait til the fixed was availible and but they closed the TAB when I went over

Comment

Its been an extraordinary year in an amazing career.

If she is in foal and we get a dry June then this will have been the end.
                                                              If it rains enough to keep it safe then we could well be out shopping for top hats and tails

Comment

Any fancies for the Derby? Backed Idaho ew @ 25/1. Thought Derrinston run was very promising given way the race went.

Comment

Tibr meant to win the 1st in Epsom on Friday. Meant to have done some very impressive work over the last few days.
                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

@ Strewel: Nice article in the Nationalist & Leinster Times about JJ, presume you've seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Ha! IPB night of nostalgia would have gotten a lot louder if his entry in dundalk had of won
                                                                      Elusive In Paris (IRE) & Spruce Meadows (IRE) are the two runners
                                                                      this guy skated in 5/2 yesterday
                                                                      Of course, I only saw the alert after the race
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                        @ Strewel: Nice article in the Nationalist & Leinster Times about JJ, presume you've seen it?
                                                                        Not yet, I'm back tonight I'll pick up a copy then.

Made the nationalist...Top of the world baby!

Comment

Backing the APOB No 2 in the Oaks.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Backing the APOB No 2 in the Oaks.
                                                                            Yes, that worked out well.

Never seen a field so stretched out at the finish of a Classic. Looked more like a NH race over 3m on heavy.

Strongly feel O'Brien should have gone for it and sent Minding for the Derby. Doubt he has one good enough and I'm backing Ulysses. So scratch this one.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Yes, that worked out well.

Never seen a field so stretched out at the finish of a Classic. Looked more like a NH race over 3m on heavy.

Strongly feel O'Brien should have gone for it and sent Minding for the Derby. Doubt he has one good enough and I'm backing Ulysses. So scratch this one.
                                                                              Took a bit of 12s for minding to win the arc after that performance yesterday, that was so good.
                                                                              hills still 10s but as short as 4 with some places.

Comment

Comment

That's hilarious.

Comment

What way did he "pay" for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      as a matter of interest, why?
                                                                                      It seems a rather shotgun approach does it not?
                                                                                      back all the favourites
                                                                                      back all these jockeys
                                                                                      back all these trainers

It seems like the type of in depth analysis that was written in 5 minutes with little
                                                                                      insight or respect to the reader.
                                                                                      I get that (by reading the article) , its focusing more on the social aspect but I would hope for a little more from a paid sub in RUK

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        It seems a rather shotgun approach does it not?
                                                                                        back all the favourites
                                                                                        back all these jockeys
                                                                                        back all these trainers

It seems like the type of in depth analysis that was written in 5 minutes with little
                                                                                        insight or respect to the reader.
                                                                                        I get that (by reading the article) , its focusing more on the social aspect but I would hope for a little more from a paid sub in RUK
                                                                                        It a strat that ol lads in pubs have been using for years .

Comment

An oul wan from the town did trebles and upwards on Lester every day throughout the 60's and 70's years and when he retired moved her stack on to Pat Eddery, that continued until Pat was past his prime when she pledged her allegiance to Frankie.
                                                                                          Unfortunately it wasn't all that long after Frankie's fabulous 6 at Ascot she passed away, but not before her favourite tipple had changed from a small Hennessy to a large Courvoisier Napoleon
                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 07-06-16, 16:33.

Comment

Fuck you Jake Greenall, fuck you Paddy Brennan and fuck you Valseur Du Granval.
                                                                                            That one hurt
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

http://microsite.attheraces.com/asco...otting&day=Tue

Good breakdown of Royal Ascot stats in that link. Re your man's tips if you backed all favs last ten years you'd have made decent profit, even more so in group races alone.

The 2 Jockey and 2 trainers mentioned all have career losing records if backed all at level stake, but they've been smashing it in recent years so I guess it depends how much weight you put on more recent form.

It's low risk, lowish reward strategy but I'd still fancy him to come out with better profit than majority of tipsters. I guess there's no need to over complicate things sometimes.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                Bob Skier 14/1 in the 7.30 at Clonmel
                                                                                                Bobskier comes good today
                                                                                                Backed from 40s to 25s. Hope you were on

Comment

I see Fallon pops over to Yarmouth to ride in the last 3 races, all big prices. Sticking them in an ew patent.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                    Bobskier comes good today
                                                                                                    Backed from 40s to 25s. Hope you were on
                                                                                                    I know!!!aaarghh! When i seen it i said ''ah ill do it next time, didnt occur me to do it this time!.

Comment

Top hats and tails to the ready

All systems are go for Jennies to run in the Ascot Stakes on Tuesday.

A months worth of rain fell on the track last night and there is a decent drop in the forecast between now and 5PM on Tuesday.
                                                                                                      Shes been in top form and we watched her do a stalls test on the Curragh this morning after being a bit mulish when tried after a gallop yesterday.

Race will be extremely competitive and tbh I'd rather be going in the Queen Alex on Saturday but the weather forecast can't be ignored... small possibility she could run twice. There was some 16/1 that vanished when the rain came last night but I would be surprised if she was one that really caught the punters imagination on Tuesday. It would take a better man than me to make a true assessment of her chance in the race.

It is unbelievably exciting, more than all the heights of what she has done to date, I think its because its so unexpected. It feels like a different game to me ... At the Curragh recently I couldn't remember being at a flat only meeting since Triptych won the Champion Stakes in the Phoenix Park in 198* and my cousins had a horse placed in the race.
                                                                                                      While unexpected I have had this in the back of my mind for her for years and everyone else thought I was crazy to even think it. Ever since Paddy Mullins sent Grabel over I've been fascinated by the long distance races at Ascot, I never in my wildest dreams imagined it would happen and that she has brought us to this point.
                                                                                                      Will not actually be going down the Top hat and tails route. Tried on a suit today and its ridiculous and we'll have plenty to enjoy without paying a fortune extra to go to the fancy dress enclosure. As excited as I am you can imagine what the young wans going are like!!!

What a mare! One in a million.

Comment

Lucky Leyf should place @16/1 in Linfield 20.20

Comment

Best of luck today JJ/SP. Might go off Fav at this rate

Comment

Good luck SP. She has the extra weight of a pony ew of my hard earned to carry.

Comment

All the best SP.

2:35 Endless Drama 11/2
                                                                                                              3:05 Van der Decken (took 33/1ew last night)
                                                                                                              3:40 Waady 12/1 ew
                                                                                                              4:20 The Gurkha 5/4
                                                                                                              5:00 Galizzi 12/1 ew
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

They stuck a hcap hurdle at Stratford in the scoop 6 to make it difficult 8 non runners only 3 go to post. The other 5 races at Ascot are obviously simple.

Comment

Have done literally one scoop 6 for interest(forgot it was on today did it in a rush at 2:29). Tepin, mehman, pearl, rossetti, jennies, tomily. 5 more wins please.
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Hype hype hype
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

From fucking start to fucking finish, what a fucking beauty!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulions Strewel!!!!
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

G'wan Jen.

Comment

Class

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X