Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angle_grinder View Post
    Nicholls gave gave him a good chance in an interview a few weeks ago saying he needs good ground. He should win it on his best form but he has ran two shockers this year albeit it on poor ground.

Ive backed Cause of Causes for this on betfair at a ridiculous price and if he dosen't turn up I will be having a look at Southfield Theatre.

I think Southfield Royale has a great chance in the four miler with Nina on board which is a great booking for an amateur riders race.
    Also on Southfield Royale
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
      Jumped on the bandwagon also.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        Why not sure. Giddy up

Comment

I see avellino is running at Sandown tomorrow, i was massively impressed with its two runs after GAB tipped it on boxing day. Its seems to be a very decent price at 10/1 in its first listed race. I don't pretend that I know an awful lot about racing, but it looked to be a machine in the heavy ground at down royal and fairy house. Does anyone who may be better informed than myself have any opinions on it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Why not sure. Giddy up
            nothing like a good bandwagon.
            on too
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              nothing like a good bandwagon.
              on too
              +5

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
                I see avellino is running at Sandown tomorrow, i was massively impressed with its two runs after GAB tipped it on boxing day. Its seems to be a very decent price at 10/1 in its first listed race. I don't pretend that I know an awful lot about racing, but it looked to be a machine in the heavy ground at down royal and fairy house. Does anyone who may be better informed than myself have any opinions on it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                Where can you get 10/1, powers and boyles no better than 15/2

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  Where can you get 10/1, powers and boyles no better than 15/2

Comment

Originally posted by angle_grinder View Post

I think Southfield Royale has a great chance in the four miler with Nina on board which is a great booking for an amateur riders race.
                    Do you not think that that's already factored into the pricing? You'd be down(albeit small amount) if you backed all her rides at Chelts over the years at the level stake, it's not a punting positive unless you're backing it before the booking.

That's not to say a horse she rides can't still be value but you'd want to have more reason than Nina's better than all the amateurs.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

3.10 SANDOWN "For good measure" 6/1

Comment

Going still Soft I see. Presume this will be revised to Good to Soft, on the side of Good?

Forecast looks dry for the week.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Do you not think that that's already factored into the pricing? You'd be down(albeit small amount) if you backed all her rides at Chelts over the years at the level stake, it's not a punting positive unless you're backing it before the booking.

That's not to say a horse she rides can't still be value but you'd want to have more reason than Nina's better than all the amateurs.
                          A good bandwagon?

Comment

Nicholls to have more than one winner 6/4 boyles. From 7/4. I'm having some of that

Comment

Much as it suits me to have both Annie Power and Vroum Vroum Mag hack up on Tuesday I'm inclined to lay both but with he shape that their engagements are taking both mares are also hard to commit against.

3/1 Polly Peachum without VVM looking like the bet of the meeting for me
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Got call about the Barbury queen in 5.05 market rasen today
                                Decent source gives a few winners
                                4/1 at the moment

Comment

Got a tip for Johny Saso in the bumper in Navan from A guy who has a few with Noel Meade.
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

What are the PP and Ladbrokes Cheltenham offers plz? In store.

Boyles too if worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      What are the PP and Ladbrokes Cheltenham offers plz? In store.

Boyles too if worth mentioning.
                                      Powers money back if 2nd in every race. Not second to the fav, just second.

Ladbrokes the same except the give money back on every horse in the first race each day if the fav wins aswell

Boyles money back 2nd and 3rd if the fav wins every race

All above MB as a free bet and Max 25 quid

Comment

Got a tip for Johny Saso in the bumper in Navan from A guy who has a few with Noel Meade.
                                        Bit sick if Nina didn't get it back up for second

Feck her, had snagged the 10/1 without
                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-03-16, 17:58.

Comment

3 hour festival preview about to start on ATR.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Bit sick if Nina didn't get it back up of second
                                            I thought when I backed it there was 8 running. Must have pulled one late. Sick.

Comment

I thought when I backed it there was 8 running. Must have pulled one late. Sick.
                                              Its a different more specific type of bet rather than an each way he did. Win or come 2nd to the fav

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                Its a different more specific type of bet rather than an each way he did. Win or come 2nd to the fav
                                                I know. His was a much better bet. His levels of sickness also greater than mine.

Comment

I know. His was a much better bet. His levels of sickness also greater than mine.
                                                  Worse still there was oodles of 6.5 in the betfair place market which paid three places

Comment

Well who's making an appearance over there this week? Flying out tomorrow for Tue/Wed racing, back Wed night.
                                                    I'll not lie, I am excite

Comment

Annacotty looks likes a decent e/w bet in the Ryanair at 25/1. No Lay side on BF doesn't look good. Ah well
                                                      Last edited by elbows; 13-03-16, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                        I have nailed my colours the mast with vautour at this stage I think. I really think ruby mistimed it for the king George and that he really really should have won that race. Most certainly clear fav for gold cup if it had done.

Also guy in work who knows a bit more than me about it was saying he believes there is a recency bias surrounding the belief that you need to be an out and out stayer to win the race citing synchronised and Lord wyndamre. Thinks vautour not staying trip is being over hyped.

I reviewed a few races last night involving the other principals and when watching don poli win the rsa last year I was struck by how good a race southfield theatre ran in second. Really clipped one 4 or 5 out and ran a big race. Quoted at 20/1 for the ultima handicap on Tuesday and I am tempted to have a pop. Anybody who knows a bit more than me (ie. All of ye) have thoughts on any of the above??
                                                        Followed you in on Southfield Theatre

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

I tipped it earlier on in this thread at 10/1 (at least I think I did anyway) because I think the horse will improve for going left handed, going on better ground and going an extra mile.

Having the best jockey in the race on board is an added bonus.

Comment

Followed you in on Southfield Theatre
                                                            Ditto.

All my gambling for the week is now done apart from the Gold Cup. No idea who will win it so may not have a bet and just enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                              Well who's making an appearance over there this week? Flying out tomorrow for Tue/Wed racing, back Wed night.
                                                              Flying out weds afternoon and back sat afternoon. Racing thurs and fri. Heading over with the brother and we are both first timers. Literally no idea what we are going to talk about when it is over. I am like a child at Christmas.

Comment

How are peoples books shaping up?

Mainly keeping the powder dry until i am over but one of supasundae, MTOY, or southfield theatre winning on Tuesday would be nice at decent prices.

Bit invested on a NMH, thistlecrack limini treble @18s

Will probably have a chunk on outlander and a larger chunk on vautour and a large treble on thistlecrack vautour and OTF @ approx 50s

Comment

Flying over in the morning, back Friday evening. All duck or no dinner.

Comment

Heading over tomorrow, racing tue/wed/thurs and home thursday night. Seriously pumped!!

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                      Heading over tomorrow, racing tue/wed/thurs and home thursday night. Seriously pumped!!

a seriously pumped japeye. Good luck over there. Should be a great Paddys day.

Comment

Peace and Co.

That is all.

Comment

Have flights booked, work booked off but still think I'll stay put on Tuesday and Wednesday. Someone tell me I'm mad?!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            Have flights booked, work booked off but still think I'll stay put on Tuesday and Wednesday. Someone tell me I'm mad?!
                                                                            Nuts

Comment

No, you are dead right. Attending is seriously minus ev if punting seriously.

I am going full hog with the lads this year as I fully intend it to be the last hurrah for that type of trip.

Next year I'll take the missus, book a nice hotel, bring the laptop and lay off the drink. Either that or stay at home and bet like a man possessed.

Comment

Booked Tuesday to Sunday off work
                                                                                Staying put in London
                                                                                No TV in gaff

A)Either little bit of drinking/racing mixed with sorting out a few things
                                                                                OR
                                                                                B)Put on half a stone in a week

Hoping I choose A) tbh but it will totally depend on how I feel on any given morning
                                                                                However Paddies day/Pool v's Manc's and two girls asking me to find them a Reggae gig for Friday night making B) a decent bet

Comment

Peace and Co.

That is all.
                                                                                  Looks to have gone off the rails?

Comment

There is a lot to be said for both approaches.
                                                                                    The new facilities there might help but mostly at the festival its too frenetic and crowded to be properly enjoyable.

On the other hand you can't beat the atmosphere on the big day, I could well end up there on Friday its going to be special.

Comment

Will there be threads for each day of the festival this year like previous years? I enjoyed reading the tips and predictions of those more knowledgeable than me. Or maybe I'm blind and they are there and I haven't seen them if so apologies

Comment

When will we see the final fields?

Comment

Peace and Co.

That is all.
                                                                                          20/1 over a proverbial aeroplane?
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Haven't we all from time to time.

His two runs this year are a concern but they were very different in character. If Cheltenham never happened and and he was going straight to CH after Sandown he'd be very much shorter.
                                                                                            Saw and read many CH previews where he never even got a mention. I just feel there is no better race to get him to settle and if Henderson has him sweet he could be a bigger factor than the price indicates.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                              When will we see the final fields?
                                                                                              Tomorrows are published, handicaps are published, I think 10AM the morning before

Comment

Quick one on the Betbright offer....

If I open an account through oddschecker there is a free €30 matched bet.

If I open the account and put my €1 on Min do I rule myself out of the €30 free? Or can I bet 30 on something and then place my €1 on Min?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                  Quick one on the Betbright offer....

If I open an account through oddschecker there is a free €30 matched bet.

If I open the account and put my €1 on Min do I rule myself out of the €30 free? Or can I bet 30 on something and then place my €1 on Min?
                                                                                                  Offers are for new customers only, not sure about bet bright but they normally have it in their terms that it can only be used once per household / IP address.

Corals doing a similar promo on Douvan.

Comment

Corals is 50/1 €1 MAX bet. Deposit €5. €5 free bet in he loses too
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Yeah it will be a new account but Im just not sure if I can get the 30 free bet and the Supreme Novices offer! Maybe Noel will see this and enlighten me.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah it will be a new account but Im just not sure if I can get the 30 free bet and the Supreme Novices offer! Maybe Noel will see this and enlighten me.
                                                                                                        But once you have taken up either of the offers it is not considered a new account for the second one and therefore excluded from it. Unless I'm missing something in the T&C's?

Comment

Yeah well this is what I am no sure of.

I know that with some firms they have a similar "risk free" first bet offer. In those cases (Betfair, PP) you can still back the new customer offers such as "ire to beat Italy 3/1" and then get the free bets too.

Comment

Looks like its choose one or the other!

move along, nothing to see here....

Comment

We all know the riding arrangements for the Gold Cup are up in the air at the moment. What happens if the ground continue's to dry out and Cooper decide's to ride Don Cossack?

Will Davy Russell automatically get the ride on Don Poli? Or is Paul Townend next in line? Or could the unthinkable happen and Ruby overlook both Djakadam and Vautour to take the ride on Don Poli as he has told us a hundred and one times he isin't retained by Rich Ricci so there is nothing stopping him jumping ship....

Comment

UK trained 123 in world hurdle 3/1 looks a bit of a spot to me. (Betfair sportsbook)

Comment

UK trained 123 in world hurdle 3/1 looks a bit of a spot to me. (Betfair sportsbook)
                                                                                                                  Price seems just about right tbh, Alpha des Obeaux is a deserved second favourite and Martello Tower is a very lively outsider having won the Albert Bartlett last year, never ever underestimate festival form. Lieutenant Colonel will be the only other Irish runner, but there could be as little as 10 runners overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    choose one or the other in the reg process
                                                                                                                    Thats the best LOL offer ever, WP

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      what you mean exactly?
                                                                                                                      Its just funny, 50/1 any horse to win Supreme for €1 made me laugh so much I almost opened an account to put the €1 on Silver Concorde

Comment

Will be avoiding this site until after Cheltenham. So tempting to follow the tips for the week that's in it. I'd like to do top jockey though. Who is the best value?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                          Will be avoiding this site until after Cheltenham. So tempting to follow the tips for the week that's in it. I'd like to do top jockey though. Who is the best value?
                                                                                                                          Paul Townend imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X