Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
    Got good word for
    Champagne harmony in the bumper in Cork
    7/1 in boyles
    Nice shout.
    If I was young O'Connell I'd rather be trying to explain to the stewards why I didn't win the race than to Byrnes how I let it get that close
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Got good word for
      7/1 in boyles
      Ty. Trip to the aviva tomorrow paid for. Tyvm.

Just realised the username. Two 7/1 winners in a week. Great tipping.

Comment

Got good word for
        7/1 in boyles
        Good work fella, grand end to a lazy Sunday!

16/1 for NC for the Champion Hurdle is shot to shit now (staring at the price for a few weeks and never did), 20-20 vision and all but was a good bet today considering the old joke about Faugheen showing up fat as fuck for his first race

Comment

Kempton Races

Hi
          Phone call short while ago
          Tyrsal in 4.25 Kempton
          13/2 at the moment, was told to have a few euros on it

Comment

Hi
            Phone call short while ago
            Tyrsal in 4.25 Kempton
            13/2 at the moment, was told to have a few euros on it
            Was actually on this one myself already. If you bet on bet365 and it wins you get a free bet up to €50 on the 4:55 in kempton too fwiw
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What's the craic with this Sheena West gamble?
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                What's the craic with this Sheena West gamble?
                Well they seem to think she'll have a double in Wincancton. The fact that Goldstein is on the 1st would suggest to me that that's the one that will win. Don't know about the rest. Owner must have had a good few Bob on an each way acc and the bookies shat themselves. Daniel Steele trying to be the new Barney Curley??
                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                  Well they seem to think she'll have a double in Wincancton. The fact that Goldstein is on the 1st would suggest to me that that's the one that will win. Don't know about the rest. Owner must have had a good few Bob on an each way acc and the bookies shat themselves. Daniel Steele trying to be the new Barney Curley??
                  Plenty of Twitter chat on it anyway, William hill went evens on the 4 horses and the rest not far behind
                  airport, lol

Comment

Or is it the man himself....
                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I had a look at the two at Lingfield last night, tee it up tommo was fairly decent for another gambling stable Michael Wigham. Most of his wins were around Lingfield. I never thought to look if she had any entries over the jumps. I did note that Barneys lodger had a couple of runners with Ross Coakley over to ride one of them.

The owner of the West horses seems to train a few jumpers .

Comment

Fintan still 4.5(vs 2.5 in bookies) in the exchanges if anyone is actually getting involved.
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I did the Yankee at about 7 this morning in fear of missing out. Be funny when the first one comes dead last
                          airport, lol

Comment

Lol

Comment

Lol
                              Think it was dead last, well played bookies?
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                Think it was dead last, well played bookies?
                                second one was 7/4 this morning. Opened on track 8/1, backed into 9/2, first horse beaten. I think we can safely say Curley had nothing to do with this !!

Comment

What do fellas here make of this? Full of shit or worth an ew bet? He posted last night saying he was given a few envelopes to get the bets on. Posted the following this morning.

Originally posted by Francie Barrett
                                  Fcuk me - no pressure

Horse is Perfect Ten in the 8:05. Apparently Perfect Ten has been schooling better than stable mate Catchy Lass (who is rated 30lbs better) and connections are very hopeful for an improved performance this time out. Horse threw the jockey off in the stalls last time out when it was also expected to run well, so this one carries a parental advisory warning!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    What do fellas here make of this? Full of shit or worth an ew bet? He posted last night saying he was given a few envelopes to get the bets on. Posted the following this morning.
                                    I know nothing about the horse or its ability but I'd take that envelopes thing with a pinch of salt. So this is a big sting they are carrying off (if they are giving lads envelopes with cash to get on) yet your man is posting about it on a public forum early morning?? My antenna would be up.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      I know nothing about the horse or its ability but I'd take that envelopes thing with a pinch of salt. So this is a big sting they are carrying off (if they are giving lads envelopes with cash to get on) yet your man is posting about it on a public forum early morning?? My antenna would be up.
                                      Yeah that was my thinking on it. Price has com into 8s from 12s when I posted. I know very little about these type of things but surely you wait until 7.30 to post if you're trying to bookie bash to keep the best price for yourself? Not gonna bother with a bet but will watch the race and see the result.

Comment

7s now with pp
                                        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Ah killjoy IMO. If I only backed horses with good reasoning I would have a couple of bets during Cheltenham and nothing the rest of the year.

Nothing better than blindly backing suggestions on forums obviously the bigger stakes for posts from the likes of GAB but I happily had a tenner on the above.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                            Ah killjoy IMO. If I only backed horses with good reasoning I would have a couple of bets during Cheltenham and nothing the rest of the year.

Nothing better than blindly backing suggestions on forums obviously the bigger stakes for posts from the likes of GAB but I happily had a tenner on the above.
                                            Totally agree. I blindly follow random tips if in the mood and have no prob when/if they lose just think the whole envelope of cash thing is a load of bollix.

Comment

I see Fruity O'Rooney won at Ascot at 14/1. Wasn't he one of GABs old picks??

Comment

Apollo Eleven is of some ew interest in the next at Wolver at 16/1.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I see Fruity O'Rooney won at Ascot at 14/1. Wasn't he one of GABs old picks??
                                                  yeah...would be about 13 now imo though
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    pretty sure I napped him (deffo tipped him) in the WH Chase on day 1 of the festival 4 years ago when he was a 25/1 poke - had he held on (he was 2nd) I would have been so far ahead for the week id have skipped punting the rest of it.
                                                    Ya thought it was Chelt festival but didn't realise it was that long ago . We are getting old

Comment

Lol. Full of shit obviously. Think he was dead last. Ty for talking me out of a bet Careca. Will stick with the lads here

Comment

I know it's 8/15, but a friend of mine who's a stable jockey for Mullins said to take out a mortgage on American Tom tomorrow in Gowran Park.

Might be handy for some.

Comment

A friend of mine who is in Haydock was talking to Nicholls and he gave him Alcala in the 2.25
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                            I know it's 8/15, but a friend of mine who's a stable jockey for Mullins said to take out a mortgage on American Tom tomorrow in Gowran Park.

Might be handy for some.
                                                            He wouldn't have won Gunnery Sargeant fell at 2nd last and most certainly would have beaten him

Not thst im complaining i have American Tom in an accum

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                              A friend of mine who is in Haydock was talking to Nicholls and he gave him Alcala in the 2.25
                                                              scrapes in to the places for a small profit. cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                                He wouldn't have won Gunnery Sargeant fell at 2nd last and most certainly would have beaten him

Not thst im complaining i have American Tom in an accum
                                                                Ya I didn't even back it. Wouldn't really be into horses enough to back an 8/15 shot. Few in work will be happy enough though.

Comment

That mare in the bumper in Navan looked special

Comment

Jim Dreaper meant to have two winners tomorrow at Sedgefield

Comment

He has two in the hurdle. Presume the shorter priced one with burke on board?

Comment

He has two in the hurdle. Presume the shorter priced one with burke on board?
                                                                        They didn't specify...will find out now..

Comment

Oops. I blindly followed

Double To Win
                                                                          Cerca Trova @ 2.87 (GP)
                                                                          Win or E/W
                                                                          13:20 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 77yds

Camillas Wish @ 5.50 (GP)
                                                                          Win or E/W
                                                                          14:50 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 2f 59yds
                                                                          €5 free Daily Fantasy Sports bet. No deposit required

Comment

Unless something went wrong with the horses on the travel, that was dodgy out (nothing on you), neither looked interested, start of the second race made me think the other two were only sent to keep eyes off Native Que

If Que had won he would have had questions to answer about the other two imo (or at least should have)

Either the guy who told you got fucked or ignore him in future

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                              Unless something went wrong with the horses on the travel, that was dodgy out (nothing on you), neither looked interested, start of the second race made me think the other two were only sent to keep eyes off Native Que

If Que had won he would have had questions to answer about the other two imo (or at least should have)

Either the guy who told you got fucked or ignore him in future
                                                                              I was a bit suspect myself. Didn't see the first race but he drifted alarmingly. Second race after a fence I knew Que was the one who had the chance (although he was well beaten too).

Comment

Massive drift right before the start for Cerca Trova, mustn't have travelled well.

Comment

Sorry guys hopefully nobody invested too much....guy who text me is usually pretty reliable...

Comment

Brave Hero in 12:30 Lingfield tomorrow. Can get at 10/11 and is expected to do the business. It's his first race out though so don't go nuts. Good horse though apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                      Brave Hero in 12:30 Lingfield tomorrow. Can get at 10/11 and is expected to do the business. It's his first race out though so don't go nuts. Good horse though apparently.
                                                                                      Sent off 5/2 , well played.

Comment

Yeh I didn't see the race but one of the lads said he ran it like a 1/4 shot. Pretty sick it drifted so much! PP paid out at 5/2 too which was cool.

Comment

Looks like a nice opportunity for Jennies Jewel today at Thurles, any opinion SP?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                            Looks like a nice opportunity for Jennies Jewel today at Thurles, any opinion SP?
                                                                                            He's suspiciously quiet.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                              This race is the free race for Timeform ratings on ATR website. They have Jennies top rated at 161, 2 ahead of Daneking but seem to favour Daneking in their overall verdict.

Comment

I'm stuck down in Addis Ababa will be lucky to see it online... Pretty div not to be there, hopefully I'll be even sicker later.

Here's What I said to someone in a mail earlier.
                                                                                                Punchestown was disappointing and there are loads of possible excuses but no definite answer. Worst case is she is getting a bit marish and minding herself. The way she hurdle maybe she was feeling a niggle, in any case the way it was run and the way ian rode went against her on the day.

Conditions suit today and she is in great form and fine fettle at home. Mullins has an obvious favourites chance and there are a few there like elliot's, hogand's and the crafty butcher who could run better than expectations.
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Good word for Chiclet Dundalk 605. only 2/1 now so a lot of the value gone (4s last night).
                                                                                                  Wins tonight then. Fuck right off.

Comment

Shangani looks a bet tomorrow in the 1.15 in Newbury
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Dundalk tonight

Got a call re strategic Force, Due to run big race tonite

Comment

Doubt he would have been sold last we if well handicapped.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

12.50 Carlisle
                                                                                                          De Bene Esse is very well thought of and should be a very nice prospect. 5/2.

Tank emptied very quickly, sorry anyone that followed. Should be better days for him.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Sirtoyou; 29-11-15, 13:00.

Comment

Sam Thomas trains a runner and rides in a mares bumper/flattomorrow. Was 2nd to a good mare of Mullins albeit it in Roscommon. Was in my tracker from a while back...my extensive notes say should be able to pick up a race. BallyBrownieBridge 340 Ludlow...thought it was an interesting one...not a tip by any means...form of the other horses in that race hasn't been too bad. Concern would be needs further...will have a small bet anyway. GL me

Comment

Anyone going to Cheltenham next year? Planning to go to for the Tue & Wed ,probably 3 or 4 of us going.

Trying to sort out accommodation at moment -anyone got advice/ recommendations for where to stay? Don't want to pay outrageous prices but don't fancy staying in kips either. AirBnB might be worth a look?

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                                Anyone going to Cheltenham next year? Planning to go to for the Tue & Wed ,probably 3 or 4 of us going.

Trying to sort out accommodation at moment -anyone got advice/ recommendations for where to stay? Don't want to pay outrageous prices but don't fancy staying in kips either. AirBnB might be worth a look?
                                                                                                                I stayed in Stratford upon avon the year I went, far enough away that prices were normal, got the bus down that some Irish crowd had rented, not sure if we got lucky meeting them or what the original plan to get there was

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                  I stayed in Stratford upon avon the year I went, far enough away that prices were normal, got the bus down that some Irish crowd had rented, not sure if we got lucky meeting them or what the original plan to get there was
                                                                                                                  ya might be an option to stay a bit further out but id prefer stay central if possible even if it costs a bit more, it'd be different if it wasn't for just 2 nights.

One of the lads with us has a mate who rents a house every year so we could shack up there if were stuck but there would be no guarantee of a bed, im too fond of my comfort for that these days! cheers anyway

Comment

Accom in Cheltenham is very expensive but it is good to be there, miss out on a lot staying elsewhere and traffic/trains can be v bad. I've rented houses for a few years (link), but for the full week and pretty pricey

Don't think there'd be much on AirBnB but could try...

Comment

Doing the exact same we had a look at AirBnB and seems to be the best bet, haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                        Doing the exact same we had a look at AirBnB and seems to be the best bet, haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet
                                                                                                                        thought about staying for the week but i don't think i'd survive, have the week booked off work so can watch the rest of it from the comfort of my local/couch

Comment

thought about staying for the week but i don't think i'd survive, have the week booked off work so can watch the rest of it from the comfort of my local/couch
                                                                                                                          The week is too long and Gold Cup day is a nightmare IMO, haven't worked that week since 2001 myself and hope never to again

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X