X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
    Decent start from Marco Fu
    Fair dues, you called it well.
    Your complete terribleness at punting other sports sometimes makes us forget that you are a decent enough pundit at snooker.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Fair dues, you called it well.
      Your complete terribleness at punting other sports sometimes makes us forget that you are a decent enough pundit at snooker.
      He has the worse 'B' game of any pro snooker player I can ever remember

Comment

Murphy got out of jail there!

Comment

Terrible call from the ref on a push shot from Luca Brecel. Bad enough he's got pegged back to 8-8 but that could finish him completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Terrible call from the ref on a push shot from Luca Brecel. Bad enough he's got pegged back to 8-8 but that could finish him completely.
            It was a push

Comment

Yeah couldn't believe it. Anyone watching Bingham and Ebdon earlier where Bingham was nestled in the pack after potting a red snookering himself? I'm pretty sure the miss rule shouldn't have applied there as he was definitely making his best effort to hit the nominated ball without getting an advantage.
              Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 21:05.

Comment

It was a push
                How can you conclude that from seeing the slow mo? Madness. He was cutting across as well making it even less likely.
                Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 21:10.

Comment

It was a push
                  Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  How can you conclude that from seeing the slow mo? Madness. He says cutting across as well making it even less likely.
                  Exactly. The day that Finkel agrees with Mike Hallett, is the day that i lose all respect from him! I can't see how it could have been called a push. Collier said he went with what he heard and saw. He saw the balls going away from each and he heard the thud of Brecel striking down on the ball.

Comment

Exactly. The day that Finkel agrees with Mike Hallett, is the day that i lose all respect from him! I can't see how it could have been called a push. Collier said he went with what he heard and saw. He saw the balls going away from each and he heard the thud of Brecel striking down on the ball.
                    Trump and a load of pros on twitter saying it's defo a push.

Comment

Yeah couldn't believe it. Anyone watching Bingham and Ebdon earlier where Bingham was nestled in the pack after potting a red snookering himself? I'm pretty sure the miss rule shouldn't have applied there as he was definitely making his best effort to hit the nominated ball without getting an advantage.
                      Miss the ball and it's a miss these days. Doesn't matter how good an effort you make

Comment

Miss the ball and it's a miss these days. Doesn't matter how good an effort you make
                        Yeah just saying the rule is still the rule.

Comment

Yeah just saying the rule is still the rule.
                          It's not interpreted the same anymore though.

Comment

Being back Len Ganley imo.

Comment

Class. Even though it was meaningless that clearance of the colours had some shots.

Comment

If its the one I'm thinking of (where he swapped a few times between nominating pink and yellow) then it was definitely a miss. He had a 10x easier escape to hit the black off one cushion instead, but obviously didn't want to take this on as it would have left the white down the black end.

But once he decides to do something (the pink off two or the yellow off three cushions to get the white to baulk) that is more complicated than his easiest possible escape then it must be a miss if he fails.

Comment

8-2 today to Fu is alright for someone with no B game
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Don't remember the black being an easy hit, but I'll defer to your knowledge of all things rules & regulations!

Comment

Don't remember the black being an easy hit, but I'll defer to your knowledge of all things rules & regulations!
                                      Looking at it again I'm not 100% sure now, watching from a distance away today I thought he could hit the black off the right side cushion without side/swerve but its possible he would have had to swerve. It may still be the easiest escape though, which is a big factor in whether a miss is called.
                                      I'm not sure the ref puts the white back identically each time either.

I am in your 'not a push' camp though re the Brecel shot.

Bingham at 1:38:00.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

2:07:32 for the push shot

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          8-2 today to Fu is alright for someone with no B game
                                          I guess you were right then were you. Fu was awesome and is a danger for the title.

Can't account for something just falling to pieces

Comment

Lads any value in paddy powers stage of elimination for Robertson?? pp
                                            Betfair have him at 16s to win

Comment

I guess you were right then were you. Fu was awesome and is a danger for the title.

Can't account for something just falling to pieces
                                              True that Luca did do his best Trevor Deely impression, but Fu was extremely gritty and displayed the very thing you claimed he was worst at.

But regardless of the result your logic behind him being 'done' was off the wall.
                                              Last edited by The Situation; 18-04-17, 12:52.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

True that Luca did do his best Trevor Deely impression, but Fu was extremely gritty and displayed the very thing you claimed he was worst at.

But regardless of the result your logic behind him being 'done' was off the wall.
                                                Fu had 2 breaks above 50 in the last 8 frames. He didn't 'up' his game or display a better 'b' game. You obv didnt watch. It was the equivalent of hitting a tennis ball up against a wall

Comment

Fu had 2 breaks above 50 in the last 8 frames. He didn't 'up' his game or display a better 'b' game. You obv didnt watch. It was the equivalent of hitting a tennis ball up against a wall
                                                  The last 8 He made three in a row just before that to turn the pressure on Luca, funny how you picked that random number to start your count.

I'm not claiming he was awesome, far from it, but a good sign to irk out a win when not performing well, shows he doesn't always have to rely on his A game.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I know you all want to know the walk on music

Comment

Judd and his own brand of naughty snooker going well here against the world number 54.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Judd and his own brand of naughty snooker going well here against the world number 54.
                                                        I'm pretty amazed how it's gone tbh. Trump was playing relatively well to go 4-0 up, but he played below Fu's B game in the final 5 frames. McLeod has played ok, but nothing special at all tbf. Trump will probably win 10-6 when he snaps out of it, because this is terrible and the session can't end soon enough.

Got to lol at BBC coverage going off air as McLeod is on the final clearance.

Comment

I'm pretty amazed how it's gone tbh. Trump was playing relatively well to go 4-0 up, but he played below Fu's B game in the final 5 frames. McLeod has played ok, but nothing special at all tbf. Trump will probably win 10-6 when he snaps out of it, because this is terrible and the session can't end soon enough.

Got to lol at BBC coverage going off air as McLeod is on the final clearance.
                                                          The red Judd played was so wild and out of control. McLeod was positionally poor for half that break but there was so many scattered reds it didn't matter too much.

Them temperament question marks very much still there imo.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Snooker really does have THE worst walkout music. Most songs don't even get going properly because it's such a short entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                              Snooker really does have THE worst walkout music. Most songs don't even get going properly because it's such a short entrance.
                                                              AND some of the worst nicknames. Ali 'The Captain' Carter and Peter 'The Force' Ebdon some of the contenders!

Although Willie Thorne's 'Mr Maximum' has always irked me. Claims to have made more 147's in practice than any other player. Yeah, practice....when you line up all the reds in the centre or in the middle of the table.

He should have been thrown off the BBC panel for this on the first day

Comment

Worst playlist evah !
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Trump and McLeod are fucking awful.

Comment

Trump would struggle against one of the losing 1st round qualifiers in this form, very ugly viewing.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Trump would struggle against one of the losing 1st round qualifiers in this form, very ugly viewing.
                                                                      What do you think about the back thing he's been doing since the interval? Maybe preempting his excuse for losing the game, but has shown no signs of it yesterday or in the first 4 frames. I'm not buying it.

Comment

Would be very strange and childish behaviour. Strange timing though indeed.

Comment

What do you think about the back thing he's been doing since the interval? Maybe preempting his excuse for losing the game, but has shown no signs of it yesterday or in the first 4 frames. I'm not buying it.
                                                                          Hendry seemed to be hinting at that without saying it in commentary. Hard to know, seemed mentally gone long before either way.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

His brother said it was a 'shoulder injury'

Comment

trump wins in a canter, fu is done, ronnie is done, you haven't got a clue mate,

Comment

Originally posted by arrymyboy View Post
                                                                                trump wins in a canter, fu is done, ronnie is done, you haven't got a clue mate,
                                                                                None of the above have been proven to be untrue yet

Comment

Hawkins arguably the biggest winner out of this Trump exit, won't have to face a seed until the Semi's, if Carlsberg did dream routes...
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Hawkins arguably the biggest winner out of this Trump exit, won't have to face a seed until the Semi's, if Carlsberg did dream routes...
                                                                                    It's funny. I have Hawkins backed pre tournament so backed Maguire at 28/1 earlier today to have another horse in that side. Maguire's price hasn't really changed and can still be got at 30/1 but Hawkins has come in a little. Don't fancy Maguire to win it, but some definite green potential on it. Saw Hawkins has gone 5-2 up but he didn't play great at all up to 2-2 when i switched over to Trump's game. Defo opens things up and Hawkins has to be feeling good about himself.

Comment

Robertson probably the most difficult to access. When he won his world title I would have had him as highly likely to be a multiple champion but I'd be pretty doubtful now. At his best he's devastating, for me with his all round game he should be consistent top 3 player but not sure he's all that bothered anymore. Says he's sober from his gaming addiction but the fact that he even let that take over would be worrying, I don't see the same hunger in him as a few years ago.

Fu will be too big a price against him in their 2nd round encounter(providing he makes it through this), Robbo the better player but their career trajectories are going in opposite directions.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Robertson probably the most difficult to access. When he won his world title I would have had him as highly likely to be a multiple champion but I'd be pretty doubtful now. At his best he's devastating, for me with his all round game he should be consistent top 3 player but not sure he's all that bothered anymore. Says he's sober from his gaming addiction but the fact that he even let that take over would be worrying, I don't see the same hunger in him as a few years ago.

Fu will be too big a price against him in their 2nd round encounter(providing he makes it through this), Robbo the better player but their career trajectories are going in opposite directions.

5/4 Fu 4/7 Robertson. I'd favour the Robertson side of course given my opinion of Fu chances

Comment

Ronnie looking the business. If he can knock in a few more long ones he'll be unbeatable.

Comment

Murphy is so bad. Wasn't expecting that.

Comment

Murphy is so bad. Wasn't expecting that.
                                                                                              He's brain dead. He plays like he's against some bum in the club. Cannot keep taking on the balls he does and expect to beat the best players

Comment

He's brain dead. He plays like he's against some bum in the club. Cannot keep taking on the balls he does and expect to beat the best players
                                                                                                Strange tendency to develop. He used to always seem to have the measure of attack and defense.

Comment

Ding looks to be going about his business impressively. Can't help but think he shits himself against Ronnie though.
                                                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 21-04-17, 10:39.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Ding looks to be going about his business impressively. Can't help but think he shits himself against Ronnie though.
                                                                                                    He defo shits himself against Ronnie imo. They haven't played since 2014 but Ronnie has won the last 5 meetings going back to 2011. If you skip the shitty Premier League games, then you need to go back to 2006 to the final of the Northern Ireland trophy for the only time he beat Ronnie.

Comment

He defo shits himself against Ronnie imo. They haven't played since 2014 but Ronnie has won the last 5 meetings going back to 2011. If you skip the shitty Premier League games, then you need to go back to 2006 to the final of the Northern Ireland trophy for the only time he beat Ronnie.
                                                                                                      Yeah, a big part of the really top players continued success is how opponents drop their game against them through fear. Ronnie often doesn't need to do anything special to overcome lads who were basically already half beaten before frame 1.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Epical 21st Frame

Comment

...Definitely most exciting match so far...Marco Fu is showing serious bottle...Think he is favorite now...

Comment

Got 200 GBP on fu @ 3.75 whilst 10 - 8 down.

Stephen Maguire decent value @ 2.75 / 2.9 top price Boyles
                                                                                                            Kyren Wilson with a lot to prove and worth a look @ 3.4
                                                                                                            Last edited by BrianByrne; 25-04-17, 00:57.
                                                                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                                              Got 200 GBP on fu @ 3.75 whilst 10 - 8 down.

Stephen Maguire decent value @ 2.75 / 2.9 top price Boyles
                                                                                                              Kyren Wilson with a lot to prove and worth a look @ 3.4
                                                                                                              You can go back to wherever you've been hiding for the past few years if you're gonna start aftertiming like that imo.

Comment

Think Maguire price is too short. Qualifiers are so grueling that it's hard to not be gassed by quarter final stage, and Hawkins is far superior these days in any case so reckon he'll cover the -2.5 handicap with ease. Stephen is world number 25 for a reason, and it's not by beating top 10 lads often.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Selby worth a substantial stake vs a fatigued & out of form fu @1.4
                                                                                                                  Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Looks like Ronnie is goosed.

Comment

Wow Selby. Follows up a 132 with a 139, then has a lowly 57 followed by a fantastic 143 which was an even better break than the score suggested!

Comment

Wow Selby. Follows up a 132 with a 139, then has a lowly 57 followed by a fantastic 143 which was an even better break than the score suggested!
                                                                                                                        He was really superb all match. Could dominate this sport for the next ~5 years if he plays anywhere close to that standard consistently.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

He was really superb all match. Could dominate this sport for the next ~5 years if he plays anywhere close to that standard consistently.
                                                                                                                          He's started and ended the last 5 seasons as World Number 1, so well on his way to dominating the decade. He's the consummate professional.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X