No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv/ + Hola unblocker when I am in Ireland..its very cheap and good value, no messing around with shitty streams

Comment

Cheers. It's on the BBC site which I'll try with Hola. I can't believe the BBC cut away from the match at this stage. Surely the Gorillas could have waited

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        Cheers. It's on the BBC site which I'll try with Hola. I can't believe the BBC cut away from the match at this stage. Surely the Gorillas could have waited

Opr
        First season watching?. They do this every year!, the final is the only unmolested match in the championship.

Comment

Whoever bought and looked forward to a decent days snooker today should ask for their money back. 14 frames or something played across the 2 tables for the day?

Comment

People are saying that this year is the worst snooker seen at the Crucible for years, but I disagree.
            It is hard for the players in the 1st round proper as the pressure to reach the best of 25 frame 2nd round is immense, and nearly all the favs struggled and won or struggled and lost in the 1st round. (note to self for next year: do all the outsiders in the 1st round on the handicap.)
            If I had done that this year I would have cleaned up. barry Hawkins, Mark Allen and Neil Robertson were the only 3 favs to hold up in the h/c betting, with the other 13 matches going the way of the outsiders on the h/c.

Other than the Doherty/Mcmanus 2nd round match, I think the standard has been pretty good in the 2nd round. mark Selby has surprised me as he seems to have found form at just the right time, and if things go to plan, we should see a selby v Robertson semi final and that would be some match to look forward to.

I fancy all the favs on the handicap for the quarters. Murphy polished off a nice 2nd round accum for me tonite and Ive lumped on selby on the handicap betting v McManus. I was over at the Doherty/McManus match and it was a dire affair, and I cannot see mcManus troubling Selby. No way can I see McManus winning any of the daily sessions. ken gave McManus loads of chances and he needed a few in each frame to win it, but worse, McManus gave Ken so many chances that Ken couldnt convert, but for sure, Selby will gobble up them chances.

They play 3 sessions, 8 frames, 8 frames and 9 frames on the last day. The worst case scenario is 2 x 5-3 wins for selby (I even think he will win at least one of the 1st two sessions 6-2), so going into the 3rd session, I expect the score to be reading Selby 10-6 or 11-5, needing 13 to win.
            The handicap betting is
            Selby -3.5 is 1/2
            Selby -4.5 is 8/11
            Selby -5.5 is 11/10

Im also pretty confident of hawkins on the h/c (7/10 hawkins -2.5). Some doubles and trebles done with Robertson on the h/c as well over Trump. 19/20 Robertson -2.5 seems a great bet to me. Everytime Trump comes under pressure, he just starts hacking balls, and he will not get away with that against the world number 1. Tom Ford should have put him out in the 1st round, and even though he beat Ryan Day 13-7, that paints a false picture really.

Day missed frame ball on 5 occassions in the match (frame balls that were easy pots for a pro) and say he even got 3 of them, that evens the match at 10=-10. I would go as far as saying that Day was much the better player in the match and amazingly lost it 13-7. (no sour grapes or anything as I didnt have a bet on it due to Days poor season).
            Look at Trumps form here in the Crucible this year:

1st round-- Beat Tom Ford 10-8 and had 2 breaks over 50 in 18 frames.

2nd round-Beat Ryan day 13-7 with 5 breaks over 50 in 20 frames. His highest break over the course of his first 2 rounds is 78.
            In 38 frames of snooker, he has had a sum total of :
            78, 76, 72, 70, 64, 62 and 60.
            Thats really poor form and I think he will struggle big time against Robertson. Just for example, Roberson has won 10-2 and 13-7, so he has played a total of 32 frames (6 less than Trump)
            His breaks read :
            140, 137, 132, 103, 102, 100, 94, 92, 77, 72, 69, 69, 63, 61, 59, 55, 55, 52 and 50.

Thats 19 breaks over 50 having played 6 less frames than Trump. So I guess what Im saying is 19/20 Robertson -2.5 (Boylesports) is a ridiculously good price imho.

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
              I was over at the Doherty/McManus match and it was a dire affair, and I cannot see mcManus troubling Selby. No way can I see McManus winning any of the daily sessions. ken gave McManus loads of chances and he needed a few in each frame to win it, but worse, McManus gave Ken so many chances that Ken couldnt convert, but for sure, Selby will gobble up them chances.
              This Selby/McManus game is right up there and with the Doherty/McManus as the worst of the tournament so far. Atrocious play from the pair of them. Selby seems to have been affected from a shot he played on the pink that rolled off and gifted McManus the frame. He had enough chances to lead 5-0 and instead could be 3-2 down. 5-3 for Selby would a dream at this moment.

Comment

Selby cruising now at 8-3, Ronnie the same at 6-2 and Hawkins crushing Dale 9-3. So the handicap bets are flying except for the Trump match who leads Robertson 6-2. Hard to explain Robertsons form today. He got plenty chances but just didnt perform. John Parrot said that it is a common occurrence when a player plays as brilliantly as Robertson did on Monday that he fails to perform the next day, and thats interesting because its much the same in golf. When a player shoots a rediculous round like 60, 61 or 62, inevitably, they come out the next day and hardly ever break 70.
                Or just maybe trying for that elusive 100th century in a season is playing on his mind. But from playing so well in his first 2 matches to so poor this afternoon is unexplainable, and I guess we wont know why until the match is over and he is interviewed.

Comment

Selby cruising now at 8-3, Ronnie the same at 6-2 and Hawkins crushing Dale 9-3. So the handicap bets are flying except for the Trump match who leads Robertson 6-2. Hard to explain Robertsons form today. He got plenty chances but just didnt perform. John Parrot said that it is a common occurrence when a player plays as brilliantly as Robertson did on Monday that he fails to perform the next day, and thats interesting because its much the same in golf. When a player shoots a rediculous round like 60, 61 or 62, inevitably, they come out the next day and hardly ever break 70.
                  Or just maybe trying for that elusive 100th century in a season is playing on his mind. But from playing so well in his first 2 matches to so poor this afternoon is unexplainable, and I guess we wont know why until the match is over and he is interviewed.
                  I'm sweating the HC bets with you. The weight of the 'Century of Centuries' is definetly playing on his mind imo. I get the feeling he'll almost be more disappointed and slightly embarrassed about missing out on that than losing the match. His body language is telling a lot and some of his shot selection is dubious as he seems to be trying to force the century.

Comment

Ronnie is a cert. Give him the trophy

Comment

Ronnie wins with a STS

Some unbelievable frame ball misses (pink & green) by Murphy, I was gobsmacked

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                        Ronnie wins with a STS

Some unbelievable frame ball misses (pink & green) by Murphy, I was gobsmacked
                        Amazing how the Ronnie effect turns top class players into club players.

Comment

Are Trump & Robbo playing two sessions today? Seems unfair that Selby was given his 3rd session before they had their 2nd.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

FML had Robertson to win the first frame by 80+ points and think that kick cost me!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              FML had Robertson to win the first frame by 80+ points and think that kick cost me!
                              You've a sickness

Comment

This 100 centuries definitely seems to be a monkey on Neils back.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                  You've a sickness
                                  Fully expected Robertson to come out firing and win the frame in 1 or 2 visits if he got in amongst the balls so thought it was a fair shout tbh. I'm just glad there was only 78 possible when they called a halt to that frame

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    This 100 centuries definitely seems to be a monkey on Neils back.
                                    He's averaging a century every 7.9 frames this season, and has gone 15 frames without one (one century every 4.8 frames he wins) so i'm sure he would have expected to have rattled it in by now considering the 2 chances he had in last match. He'll get in that spot where he's on 60+ break and the safety is the best option but will aim for the century so the sooner he gets the job done, the better for him.

Comment

Dominic Dale has taken all 4 frames of this afternoons session against Hawkins and is just 11-9 behind now. That would be an impressive comeback tbh

Comment

Dominic Dale has taken all 4 frames of this afternoons session against Hawkins and is just 11-9 behind now. That would be an impressive comeback tbh
                                        unreal, €130k traded at 1.01

Comment

Great balls by Hawkins to win last 2 after the Dale avalanche...

Comment

It really is time that Joe Johnson got the bullet from Eurosport. Didn't get a chance to watch on the red button so watching on the back up station, but every time i watch it, he calls at least 3 shots wrong every single frame. Complete cabbage.

Comment

i wouldnt normally be a "big" stake bettor, but I will be having my biggest ever snooker bet on Ronnie to be champion again.
                                              Looking like a good weekend for the O'Sullivan clan!

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                Looking like a good weekend for the O'Sullivan clan!
                                                Id prefer if he had took another frame off Selby before the end of play, but I guess if you offered me a 10-7 lead after day 1, Id have taken it, so no complaints. I'll settle for 2-2 in the first mini-session tomorrow, just dont want Selby getting any closer. In fairness to Selby, he showed huge bottle in the latter stages of the semi final against Robertson, but Im hoping Ronnie wins about 18-12 or 18-13 and keep the sweats to a minimum!!

Comment

Selby's going to go on and win imo.

Highest break of <60 and he's still within 3 frames. Some grinder.

Selby 18 - 15 O' Sullivan final score.

Comment

Selby is a warrior, but its a tough ask.
                                                    He needs almost every frame to turn into a 50 minute 30 points to 30 slugfest with half the balls on the cushion, and then to come out the right side of 75% of these frames.
                                                    Must be soul destroying to put every piece of your soul into winning a tight frame, and then Ronnie reels off two in 15 minutes.
                                                    I think he'll wilt to an 18-11 defeat.

Comment

Some stuff by Selby. 3-0 for the session so far and back level in the match. Seems a new man today almost.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                        Some stuff by Selby. 3-0 for the session so far and back level in the match. Seems a new man today almost.
                                                        In again on Ronnie now, giving money away

Comment

That just there is the most -EV shot I've ever seen.

Comment

Stephen Hendry is a hard guy to warm to, has that weird awkward/smug contrast going on.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

I have so much money on Ronnie to win this title I might have to cancel the holiday I'm going on this week. Not joking.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                That just there is the most -EV shot I've ever seen.
                                                                Would it have been a ridiculous shot to roll up behind the black and take the snooker?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                  Would it have been a ridiculous shot to roll up behind the black and take the snooker?
                                                                  Yes. Would have been Worse than what he did. Pink was the shot, not cannon in the black initially was better aswell

Comment

WTF going on!!!
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Craziest frame of snooker of all time I'd say, hurt Selby there

Comment

Don't agree. I don't that it would have hurt him too much tbh. It would have been a nice one to steal, but he probably have it wrote off a couple of times. It's easier to get it out of his mind than it would of been had Ronnie lost it.

Comment

Another crazy frame...
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

That pink shot was just beyond unbelievable

Comment

Nope, the last one was

Comment

Stephen Hendry is a hard guy to warm to, has that weird awkward/smug contrast going on.
                                                                                In fairness Ronnie is chasing his record

Comment

Absolutely compulsive viewing tonight. WTF is going on, it's beyond scripting helped by the fact they "don't get on".

Did you see Ronnie's face just as they were walking off for the mid session interval after Selby giving the 'mini fist pumps'.

I've never ever seen Ronnie make such a mistake (missing the pink and the manner he played it) and I've been watching him since he was a kid. The misses in the frame previous were unbelievable as well. What a fascinating & totally mental game snooker is...

Heading over to Fergal's tonight for the final session as is our custom.

COME ON THE ROCKET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                                                    In fairness Ronnie is chasing his record
                                                                                    Did you see the look that Hendry shot John Parrott in the studio when he said something along the lines of 'For the greatest ever player to pick up a cue to miss a shot by that much..'

Comment

Did you see the look that Hendry shot John Parrott in the studio when he said something along the lines of 'For the greatest ever player to pick up a cue to miss a shot by that much..'
                                                                                      Nah Hendry has rolled out that line himself regarding Ronnie

Comment

#prayforthelawlors.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Let's fucking do this Ronnie....!!!!

Comment

#prayforthelawlors.

Comment

Some performance from Selby. Absolutely ground Ronnie down.

Comment

...

Comment

Can Mods change the name of this thread to Snooker/Pool Betting Thread?

I think Finland are a big price at 11/8 to beat Philippines today. The Philippines were pre tournament favourites but have played awful in their opening 2 matches and really should have lost to both Chile and France, but scraped through 7-5 in both. They were 7/2 pre, and now out to 9/2 at the QF stage.

The Finns on the other hand have won both of their opening matches 7-0, and played some great stuff in the process. The pairing of Immonen and Makkonen play really well together and are used to the pressure and the big games. The lost in the SF to the Dutch last year, and they won the World Cup the year before so they have all the credentials to beat the Philippines. Unless there's a huge swing from both sides, the Finns should win this one and i'd have it 5/6 or Evs at best, so 11/8 is just too good to turn down imo.

Comment

Tense stuff here at 7-7 first to 9. Finland not at their best so hoping they can close it out.

Edit...

9-7 Job done. Hope a couple of you got on.

Backed 4 teams pre tournament, 1 from each quarter of the draw. Finland 20/1 and Austria 401/ into the Semi's and then Germany 14/1 and USA 12/1 still to play the QF's tonight so it could be good for me. Posted on FB so not aftertiming.

Finland > Austria > Germany > USA in that order for me pls!

Edit - Sign, Germany missed a sitter with 2 balls left to go 8-5 up, and ended up losing 9-7 to Holland. That would have been a sweet result!
                                                                                                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 27-09-14, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

...
                                                                                                      ...

Comment

World Snooker Championship qualifiers on at the moment. Kendoc lucked out by getting a lass in the first round, embarrassing if he loses though I guess.

Latest scores. http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...urnament/13833
                                                                                                        Draw for the 3 games each player has to win. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Wo...hip#Qualifying

Missing Connie147 with all the inside info and hidden gems.

Comment

Sigh didn't realise this started today and didn't do any homework myself for it. Got a little excited seeing Michael White was 4-2 down and thought i might have got close evens but he's just 1.33.

Duffy 5-2 up on Gould and 6/4 so might be worth something small. Gould is a helluva grinder though and capable of getting this back but my only interest bet for now.

Comment

Duffy got the job done 10-6 against Gould so we'll settle for that start. On another note, Chris Smalling should stick to the pool

Comment

Duffy got the job done 10-6 against Gould so we'll settle for that start. On another note, Chris Smalling should stick to the pool
                                                                                                              Chris Smalling earns 59k a week at man united. I doubt he would be playing in the qualifiers. Melling on the other hand, I agree.

Gonna back Hossein Vafae to overturn his 6-3 deficit against McGill tomorrow, first time out today would have taken a bit of settling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                Gonna back Hossein Vafae to overturn his 6-3 deficit against McGill tomorrow, first time out today would have taken a bit of settling.
                                                                                                                Your bookie must love you.

Comment

how bad is ken doherty these days? is that bird worth a bet to beat him. He might crumble under the pressure

Comment

Your bookie must love you.
                                                                                                                    Explain?

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                    how bad is ken doherty these days? is that bird worth a bet to beat him. He might crumble under the pressure
                                                                                                                    No, he will smash her

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                      Explain?
                                                                                                                      Already over, finished 10-3.

Comment

Already over, finished 10-3.
                                                                                                                        Lol, I've the live score centre open on the phone, fuxking thing must be frozen. I'm some cabbage

Comment

Ken is playing ok but no consistency at all these days, he still hovers up the scrappy frames with his canniness in the 15-20 visits each frames. I think Fergal O'Brien has finally passed him out this season as the better player.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X