No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Madrid to beat Liverpool, how can it be any other result?

Pride and once off performance are big in matches like these, but even so, Madrid will have to be too strong?
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
      Real Madrid to beat Liverpool, how can it be any other result?

Pride and once off performance are big in matches like these, but even so, Madrid will have to be too strong?
      Liverpool punch above their weight in Europe far more often than the odd occasion to be fair, or at least they used to, still adjusting the weight of "The Balo effect" in pricing their games so find it difficult to be confident getting an accurate line on them currently.
      Profit before people.

Comment

City to win tonight 13/20 on betfair. Looks a good bet to me, they pretty much have to win to keep their hopes alive for qualification. Its being played behind closed doors as well, which makes it a less daunting tie for them.

If i wasnt a liverpool fan id definitely back real madrid at 4/5

Chelsea 6/4 to beat man utd is a fantastic price. Also spurs 8/11 to beat newcastle, though europa league could be a factor here for spurs to overcome.

Comment

City to win tonight.

Roma +1

Tomorrow Galatasary are 100/30 against Dortmund. Am I missing something here? Dortmund on horrible form and missing a few big players. Galatasary won their derby at the weekend and feelin' good about life. I like this one.

Comment

City have kicked off in case any of ye are betting "tonight".

Like watching a Leinster Senior game with the coaches shouting

Comment

Can someone tell me why Real at 4/5 isn't a wheelbarrow job?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                That's probably the worst price you could find. There's lots of 10/11 about.

I'm going Madrid HT/FT at 2/1 and Ronaldo to score 2 or more at 4/1

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                  Because we are unbeaten against madrid
                  https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    That's probably the worst price you could find. There's lots of 10/11 about.

I'm going Madrid HT/FT at 2/1 and Ronaldo to score 2 or more at 4/1
                    Yeah I just had a quick glance earlier and say 3/4 and 4/5 so are they drifting?!

Just seems on form without a real goal threat like Sturridge (Sterling fair enough) there can't be any other result.

On Ronnie FGS at 4s already.

Comment

Think Gala are a nice price at home considering how shit Dortmund have been this season.

Comment

Been stuck in two minds over Real all day. Going to leave it now I think after reading a F365 article basically outlining how they can easily rack up goals against a submissive weak team as shown so far in La Liga. But their two games against Athletico this season (both losses) show that they can struggle with a team that's set up to break them up and frustrate them, as you'd imagine Liverpool will be.

Comment

With the draw at 3/1 in Liverpool match.

And Leverkusen at evens.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Anything sticking out for tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                              Anything sticking out for tonight
                              Celtic/Inter/Villareal treble @7/2 for me

Comment

Waiting for Dave's tips for tonight before I have a punt
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Celtic/Inter/Villareal treble @7/2 for me
                                  Brugge/besiktas/celtic for me so here's hoping we don't jinx the celts. Monaco ruined a ~40/1 anda tiny 75/1 acca last night so am kinda gutted so only a small bet tonight.
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Won a free €50 bet off Joe.ie and Ladbrokes on Twitter. Liverpool, Southampton and West Brom on Saturday. Any winnings being donated to Crumlin. Wish me luck!

Comment

first reaction is anything over evens is a good bet for Chelsea to beat United this weekend. Based on the prices, it really looks like the bookies are expecting United to overperform, when given the evidence so far this season, there's no real reason to think that?

If Diego Costa is fit, I think United will have to score 3. If Diego Costa isn't fit, Chelsea are still favourites.

Chelsea -1 actually seems tempting enough.
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

first reaction is anything over evens is a good bet for Chelsea to beat United this weekend. Based on the prices, it really looks like the bookies are expecting United to overperform, when given the evidence so far this season, there's no real reason to think that?

If Diego Costa is fit, I think United will have to score 3. If Diego Costa isn't fit, Chelsea are still favourites.

Chelsea -1 actually seems tempting enough.
                                        As much as I want to tell you you're talking bollocks and none of that is gonna happen, sadly I can't. I think this is going to be a men against boys scenario and the scoreline will be scary. I know Chelsea beat a poor Maribor side midweek but they must be one of the last European sides to be unbeaten in their domestic league and CL. The only reason I can't bet on Chelsea is because I support United and could never back against them.

Comment

Chelsea at 7/5 is an all in bet
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Angel Di Maria to score first, Manchester United FC 2-4 Chelsea FC @ 425/1 is free money.

Comment

the main reason I don't envisage a cricket scoreline is because I can see Chelsea going two up and Mourinho shutting up shop. A very one sided game is possible, but I wouldn't fancy Chelsea to hammer United scoreline wise.
                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

if you're looking for a fun punt, Fabregas MOM at 7/1 sounds like a good sweat.
                                                Last edited by Jam-Fly; 24-10-14, 01:11.
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

the main reason I don't envisage a cricket scoreline is because I can see Chelsea going two up and Mourinho shutting up shop. A very one sided game is possible, but I wouldn't fancy Chelsea to hammer United scoreline wise.
                                                  United are crap at the back. Unless we sit back from the start then there won't be any sitting back at all imo.

No Costa, no real chance of spanking them though.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                    Angel Di Maria to score first, Manchester United FC 2-4 Chelsea FC @ 425/1 is free money.
                                                    if your looking for a fun punt, Fabregas MOM at 7/1 sounds like a good sweat.

I shall be betting both of the above, might change it to 2-6 though . Afraid de gea will concede in the first 10 minutes again though.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

As with most of the bets lately, this might not come up, but it still looks like value to me!

Andy Keogh Anytime Goalscorer for Perth Glory v Adelaide @ 10/3 with Bet365

Perth are top of the league at the moment, with 2 wins from 2 and 5 goals scored.
                                                      Keogh has scored 4 of them. 1 in the first game, and all 3 in the 3-2 win in the last game.
                                                      Perth's 2 previous games were Cup games, which they won 4-1 (Keogh scored 1) and 2-0 (Keogh scored both)
                                                      So since signing in the summer, he's played 4 competitive games, scored in every game, and scored 7 in total.

Perth are 3/1 to win the game, but they are 2/5 to score a goal so why wouldn't it be Keogh? He's on penalty duty too.

You can take him 19/4 to be Perth's first scorer, or take him 2 or more goals at 25/1

Comment

Cork and Charlton both over 3/1... might throw a wee bit of money on them as singles as I prefer them both to their opponents, good reasoning
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

475/1 now. Waiting for it to drift a bit more.

Printing monies.

Comment

Printing monies.
                                                            You should tip this in my gambling thread.
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Printing monies.
                                                              naaaw, get on at 475s, then lay when it shortens to 470s. That's how the real pros do it.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

naaaw, get on at 475s, then lay when it shortens to 470s. That's how the real pros do it.
                                                                Can't see it shortening unless I put another few k on 2nite m8

Comment

Bookies be falling all over each other to take M'Doug's custom. Degen Idiot with money= ultimate value.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Bookies be falling all over each other to take M'Doug's custom. Degen Idiot with money= ultimate value.
                                                                    Come on so. Let's get the focus on you and give us some tips please
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Any tips?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lets go back through your tips/opinions over the last 2 months and see if my views on your opinions were correct? Since you are mouthing about somebody elses betting/opinions.

I waited til you spoke up

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                          Won a free €50 bet off Joe.ie and Ladbrokes on Twitter. Liverpool, Southampton and West Brom on Saturday. Any winnings being donated to Crumlin. Wish me luck!
                                                                          Just want to bump this. Really hope it comes in seeing how it's going to charity.

Lol after timing.

Comment

The fact of the matter is that I prefer cork to dundalk, and I prefer charlton to fulham. I also prefer sickpuppy to the situation. It does not mean that one is better than the other.

On a serious note though this needs to be said as I am sick of the utter bullshit.
                                                                            Just because you look at European leagues and know the names of random players in these leagues, it doesn't mean you have a fucking clue what you are talking about. You literally give a bad name to both people who have a favourite team in a foreign country and people who actually research games. When you are wrong you completely ignore posts and facts from other posters but when you are right you never stop fucking harping on about it.

So why don't you either prove you are good at what you claim(I would genuinely love to see you try) or shut the absolute fuck up which would be a fucking gift to us all you moronic tit. Cheers
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

GL with that Dobby. You are a nice person unlike Situation, Doug and myself

Comment

GL with that Dobby. You are a nice person unlike Situation, Doug and myself
                                                                                Making me feel bad here mate! Fine I'll donate to charity. Situation send on your banks account deets plz.
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It is no coincidence that this thread derails after I post.

Comment

It is no coincidence that this thread derails after I post.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Making me feel bad here mate! Fine I'll donate to charity. Situation send on your banks account deets plz.
                                                                                      Could have sworn there was a 'Thanks' on this post from TheSituation. Pretty childish to remove it imo. #banter

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                        Could have sworn there was a 'Thanks' on this post from TheSituation. Pretty childish to remove it imo. #banter
                                                                                        He did thank it.

Zero chance I am banned. Site exists because of me and I created

Comment

Be more than happy to accept your business if you wanna go biggest price on any of the weekends action- send me on your suggestions and I'll try to accommodate ye.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Name change to The Santa

Comment

Be more than happy to accept your business if you wanna go biggest price on any of the weekends action- send me on your suggestions and I'll try to accommodate ye.
                                                                                              does this mean your accepting bets for the weekend on football only? will send first

Comment

Pm sent. Obviously looking for more than bookies price as otherwise it's a bit of a retarded offer and I can send on stars etc to a mod for escrow. I'll be online at 9am as have a 5k to run and will be back online before the kick-offs for escrow etc if you accept. PM is in your inbox now
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm a retard too aren't I?

£1 on Southampton +1
                                                                                                  £1 on Chelsea
                                                                                                  £2 on you not taking Dougs action
                                                                                                  50p on West Ham +3
                                                                                                  30p on a red card in MU v CHE
                                                                                                  20p on West Ham, Liverpool, Southampton, Arsenal, WBA and Swansea

I trust we need no escrow since its only a five pound note m8. Will send forwarding details tomorrow. Ta.

Comment

£1 on Southampton +1
                                                                                                    £1 on Chelsea
                                                                                                    50p on West Ham +3

I trust we need no escrow since its only a five pound note m8. Will send forwarding details tomorrow. Ta.
                                                                                                    Oh I chose 6 games and he offered to take up just one of the 6 in swansea at 1.90 when williamhill have it at 1.95. I will not be partaking in this waste of time.
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh I chose 6 games and he offered to take up just one of the 6 in swansea at 1.90 when williamhill have it at 1.95. I will not be partaking in this waste of time.
                                                                                                      Just to note there was no firm going bigger than 1.9 when I offered, 1.91 is the biggest I can see currently, but you're commission free at my 1.9 so you won't do better.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Waiting for Dave's tips for tonight before I have a punt
                                                                                                        I couldn't even get the bet on m8, bookies won't take my custom init.

Comment

Just to note there was no firm going bigger than 1.9 when I offered, 1.91 is the biggest I can see currently, but you're commission free at my 1.9 so you won't do better.
                                                                                                          FYI
                                                                                                          1.90 < 1.91

The fact is that we all want you to pick teams regularly so we can lay them and make money. You had the opportunity to actually pick teams but instead challenged me to and I did it instantly.

Facts:
                                                                                                          • I picked 6 games: 4 of them between 1.80 and 2.0. 2 of them between 2.4 and 2.6.
                                                                                                          • You only offer to lay one of these 6 at the same/lower price than a bookies.
                                                                                                          • You refused an escrow.

I am not humouring you anymore. You are a waste of my time. Just go back to tipping Roma and such.
                                                                                                          Done now.
                                                                                                          Last edited by mdoug; 25-10-14, 11:34.
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Right not sure what you're talking about, away from internet for the afternoon now so assuming nothing matched but just a short cliff notes.

- You send a couple of pm's inciting action
                                                                                                            - I suggest here you send on selections and I'll try accommodate you.
                                                                                                            -You send on list of teams you'd like to back including Swansea.
                                                                                                            - I agree to lay Swansea at betfair price which was and still is the biggest industry price on the game.
                                                                                                            - You declined

Not going to lay 6 random games for the sake of a dick measuring contest but we seemed to disagree on one which you then didn't want to back, cool whatever.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

£1 on Southampton +1
                                                                                                                £1 on Chelsea
                                                                                                                50p on West Ham +3

3 have come in, 1 gone. Pretty much guaranteed profit.

Comment

Few good offers about for man united chelsea tommorow.
                                                                                                                  Money back a s free bet if Chelsea win which is a 6/4 shot.50 max.
                                                                                                                  Money back ladbrokes if both teams score including match result 25max

Small bet r van p 13/2 fgs
                                                                                                                  tinyl bet chelsea 3-0 25/1 powers.

Comment

I'm happy to discuss football with you. Even though you sometimes come across as arrogant, I don't really have a problem with that and you seem to have some decent opinions on a lot of things, although your judgement and knowledge definitely isn't as good as you seem to think it is.

The problem I have is why you feel the need to be an absolute dick and call someone a 'degen idiot with money'?

FWIW, these are most of your tips in the thread the last month or two. I may have missed some, if I have feel free to add them. I don't really give a shit, but CHD and mdoug seem like they'd like to see.

With the draw and 0-0, with the two teams automatically qualifying I can see it getting very negative if it's level after 60 mins, think they'll both be content with not losing.
                                                                                                                    England beat Switzerland 2-0.

Hate taking Dortmund on here but can't be having them odds on with so many vital injuries, I'd have Reus, Gundogan and Hummels as their 3 best players and none available here.
                                                                                                                    Dortmund beat Arsenal 2-0.

Really rate this Leicester side , one of the best promoted sides in recent years, think they'll be solid midtable no worries. But the betting lines today are very respectful of their ability, was hoping United would be shorter but looks right imo.

Two bets I really like today, evens about both teams to score in the Everton Palace game, and Roma -1 at 5/6 vs Cagliari.
                                                                                                                    5 goals in the Everton Palace game and Roma won 2-0

Bookies getting Roma the most wrong from any team I've seen this season. Can see them pushing Juve very close for the title. Should be odds on tonight against a very leaky Parma defence, but 11/10 available in places.
                                                                                                                    Roma beat Parma 2-1

I'm with both to score in the Palace Leicester game at 5/6 and Sunderland win at 2/1. Can see this Swansea side plummet down the table, don't really bother with season long bets anymore but they're def the value for relegation currently.
                                                                                                                    Crystal Palace 2-0 Leicester. Sunderland 0-0 Swansea.

Roma ludicrously big in whatever market you decide to back them in tonight, maintain they're the most underrated side in Europe, my biggest asain handicap play of the season thus far. Gervinho gonna prove the premier league fans how good he actually is tonight.
                                                                                                                    City 1-1 Roma

With the draw at 3/1 in Liverpool match.

And Leverkusen at evens.
                                                                                                                    Liverpool lost 3-0. Leverkusen 2-0 Zenit
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Its not football bets where is the one where situation put up 3 winners in a row last week at
                                                                                                                      Ascot?
                                                                                                                      The reason he says Doug is a degen he punts online blackjck and roulette.
                                                                                                                      No harm in tips not working out imp if a tipster gives reasoning behind it imo.

Comment

I'm happy to discuss football with you. Even though you sometimes come across as arrogant, I don't really have a problem with that and you seem to have some decent opinions on a lot of things, although your judgement and knowledge definitely isn't as good as you seem to think it is.

The problem I have is why you feel the need to be an absolute dick and call someone a 'degen idiot with money'?

FWIW, these are most of your tips in the thread the last month or two. I may have missed some, if I have feel free to add them. I don't really give a shit, but CHD and mdoug seem like they'd like to see.

England beat Switzerland 2-0.

Dortmund beat Arsenal 2-0.

5 goals in the Everton Palace game and Roma won 2-0

Roma beat Parma 2-1

Crystal Palace 2-0 Leicester. Sunderland 0-0 Swansea.

City 1-1 Roma

Liverpool lost 3-0. Leverkusen 2-0 Zenit
                                                                                                                        Tbf man they were discussing stuff by pm and it spilled onto here, prob best just leave them at it
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Situation tips good tbf whatever about his tendency to abuse.

Don't agree with the talk of Chelsea being lumpage even with them being 6/4 now & talk of Costa returning. Type of game Mourinho could easily set up for a draw especially with City result. Also, it's easy to see United improve for this game. They are going to click at some stage and at home to champions elect seems as good a time as any. Not advising a bet on United either, just making the case against 6/4 being max bet.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X