No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 nights in a row a 90+ minute equaliser does me, grrrr.

Comment

Football really is a cnut of a game to punt on. Everything is so much more straight forward in sports like rugby and gaelic games

Comment

Wonder will that City loss affect Fergie's team selection tomorrow baring in mind the Madrid trip in midweek, plenty of breathing room at the top now, though he may be cautious after last season late surrendering of the title from a strong leading position.

What do we think, surely there'll be a decent price shift if he goes weak?
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Wonder will that City loss affect Fergie's team selection tomorrow baring in mind the Madrid trip in midweek, plenty of breathing room at the top now, though he may be cautious after last season late surrendering of the title from a strong leading position.

What do we think, surely there'll be a decent price shift if he goes weak?
          He said before todays results that he will field 2 different teams Sunday and Weds as its not fair on his team with Madrid having an extra days rest.

Comment

Done a decent treble with Spurs, Chelsea-1 and Utd to win, not worth laying or anything but really hope Fergie puts out a decent team tomorrow!!

Comment

I understand Cliftonville travelled minus a few regulars to Cork tonight in setanta cup. Boyles go 13/10 Cork. PP pushed into 10/11 and Bet365 taking a Max €10 at evens. Cork have only played pre season friendliest to this point but could be worth a bet as they've a few good players added to the squad afaik. Denis Behan amongst others is back at the club.

Boyles also go 7/2 Cork -1.

Comment

Just checked betfair Cork 2.26 there. Big variations in places it seems

Comment

cmon the west bromich @9/1 whooooop
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                    I understand Cliftonville travelled minus a few regulars to Cork tonight in setanta cup. Boyles go 13/10 Cork. PP pushed into 10/11 and Bet365 taking a Max €10 at evens. Cork have only played pre season friendliest to this point but could be worth a bet as they've a few good players added to the squad afaik. Denis Behan amongst others is back at the club.

Boyles also go 7/2 Cork -1.
                    2 up already ....... shout

Comment

Grabbed the -1..nice shout indeed 4-0 up with less than ten minutes left.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                        cmon the west bromich @9/1 whooooop
                        Boom!
                        Nice one
                        Last edited by Aya14; 11-02-13, 21:52.

Comment

Pains me to say but think Juve are a lay tonight at current prices, dont think they'll be too worried about taking a draw back to Turin where they should beat them comfortably. Hard not to oppose a team odds on at a ground where Celtic have such a fantastic record in the CL especially in a game Juve don't need to win.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

valencia or psg tonight
                            airport, lol

Comment

Bet365 €50 free bet back for tonight's game. Any recommendations? Both to score 4/6 or over 2.5 8/15 the obvious two.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                Bet365 €50 free bet back for tonight's game. Any recommendations? Both to score 4/6 or over 2.5 8/15 the obvious two.
                                Ive read the ref is supposedly card happy, so im going for before/inc 27th minute at 10/11 for 1st booking.

Comment

Came to the conclusion that even though they're away that Utd are still a bit of value at 4/1 so small bet on that and RVP 7/1 To score 1st and cos it's only 5e free bet went with Utd -1 at 13/1 I think those odds are pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                    Ive read the ref is supposedly card happy, so im going for before/inc 27th minute at 10/11 for 1st booking.
                                    Great sweat.
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                      Came to the conclusion that even though they're away that Utd are still a bit of value at 4/1 so small bet on that and RVP 7/1 To score 1st and cos it's only 5e free bet went with Utd -1 at 13/1 I think those odds are pretty good

I'm on Man Utd too but I got 5/1 with Paddy Powers. I also went with a lttle ManuU/Bor Dort double at 13/1.

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                        I'm on Man Utd too but I got 5/1 with Paddy Powers. I also went with a lttle ManuU/Bor Dort double at 13/1.
                                        Yeah.I have the double too not Utd in the single not looking too hot at the min

Comment

Had a big bet on Ronaldo to score first. Little bet with Betfair ten mins in on wellbeck @22/1 when I saw how high up he was playing. Rvp will prob get a hat trick in the home leg. Mourinho might be humble in premiership interviews next year after this, hummm!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by accomputers.ie View Post
                                            Had a big bet on Ronaldo to score first. Little bet with Betfair ten mins in on wellbeck @22/1 when I saw how high up he was playing. Rvp will prob get a hat trick in the home leg. Mourinho might be humble in premiership interviews next year after this, hummm!!!!
                                            You don't know mourinho.

Comment

Markets really loving Liverpool lately, zenit surely value at 6/4 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                Markets really loving Liverpool lately, zenit surely value at 6/4 tonight.
                                                Good price alright.I am on but slight concern as Zenit just back from winter back afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                  Good price alright.I am on but slight concern as Zenit just back from winter back afaik.
                                                  ye thats a bit of a worry, Shaktar were the same and played well last night. Stronger liverpool team than I thought, guess they've given up on 4th.

Comment

jesus, Brian Kerr on the punditry, is it on any english channels?

Comment

Gonna go with over 1.5 goals in Basel game and Athletico Madrid to win in a double just evens

Comment

jesus, Brian Kerr on the punditry, is it on any english channels?
                                                        ITV4

Comment

Whoever priced up the Milan match on PP tomorrow made a bit of a rick with Balotelli in the goalscorers markets. Hes about average 4/5 anytime goalscorer with other firms but 17/10 with powers. Could well be a palp though.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Lazio 6/4 away to bottom of the league...value surely?

p.s. Ty Wigan just stopped drinking now, love ya loads
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                              Lazio 6/4 away to bottom of the league...value surely?

p.s. Ty Wigan just stopped drinking now, love ya loads
                                                              Siena are in quite good form actually with alot of very respectable results in last 4/5 games.

Lazio away goals record was absolutely terrible (though lately they've started scoring quite a few) but still overall is quite poor relatively so..

cant see any huge value myself in lazio at 6/4 but that's just my opinion.

just wondering
                                                              is there any other rationale besides say top 4 side v bottom that suggests it value as i'm trying to figure out a few bets for a sweat later.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                Siena are in quite good form actually with alot of very respectable results in last 4/5 games.

Lazio away goals record was absolutely terrible (though lately they've started scoring quite a few) but still overall is quite poor relatively so..

cant see any huge value myself in lazio at 6/4 but that's just my opinion.

just wondering
                                                                is there any other rationale besides say top 4 side v bottom that suggests it value as i'm trying to figure out a few bets for a sweat later.
                                                                I was actually going onto there to back the draw as Lazio have Europa league in a few days but 6/4 looked a great bet so thought I'd see what people thought.

I went for Lazio draw no bet in the end fwiw as that looked the better bet of a quick glance of markets
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on Bayern tonight? Too short at evens?

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                                    From past experiences of Arsenal they respond well to adversity. Beware of a wonded animal. Yes Bayern are a class team and probably will go through over the 2 legs but I reckon arsenal can get something from this game and keep the tie alive.

The defence is a worry cant see them keeping a clean sheet. 2-2 draw

Comment

Alllllllll innnnn

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                        From past experiences of Arsenal they respond well to adversity. Beware of a wonded animal. Yes Bayern are a class team and probably will go through over the 2 legs but I reckon arsenal can get something from this game and keep the tie alive.

Something similar to this. Arsenal's home record in Europe speaks for itself. Regardless of their current form they nearly always pull in together at home for the big European matches. Evens or anything close to it on Munich is ridiiculously short considering they're 2/15 in away European action and Arsenal are 6/7 against German opposition at home in the Champions League. Arsenal's home defeat to Shalke earlier this season was their first in nine years of CL action. I've no doubt Arsenal will perform tonight, whether that's enough to win the tie remains to be seen .

The best punt I can see is Arsenal +1 @ 10/11 with Betfred which is much smaller with all other bookmakers. I'll be giving this a 4pt bet and also a small 1pt wager on Arsenal to win @ 3/1 with Bet365 [widely available]

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post

My thinking of it too. I'll wait for the lineups which will be out any minute now but I reckon the value is with Arsenal tonight.

Comment

Something similar to this. Arsenal's home record in Europe speaks for itself. Regardless of their current form they nearly always pull in together at home for the big European matches. Evens or anything close to it on Munich is ridiiculously short considering they're 2/15 in away European action and Arsenal are 6/7 against German opposition at home in the Champions League. Arsenal's home defeat to Shalke earlier this season was their first in nine years of CL action. I've no doubt Arsenal will perform tonight, whether that's enough to win the tie remains to be seen .

The best punt I can see is Arsenal +1 @ 10/11 with Betfred which is much smaller with all other bookmakers. I'll be giving this a 4pt bet and also a small 1pt wager on Arsenal to win @ 3/1 with Bet365 [widely available]
                                                                            Ill never understand this one, using games player 10+ years ago as indicators

Comment

Ill never understand this one, using games player 10+ years ago as indicators

It was just part of the argument for suggesting Arsenal might be worth betting on, it wasn't meant to offer conclusive proof. It flashed up on Sky Sports News as I was typing this message anyway so I had to include it
                                                                              Leaving aside that useless piece of information Arsenal still have a fantastic home record in Europe, even in recent years when they have failed in domestic competition. I think people are getting a bit carried away with Bayern too, they're a fine team but they're not known for going all out for a win in an away tie like this, it's just not ze German's style. They will be happy enough with a draw a lot of the time, with every confidence in their ability to win the home leg

Comment

Don't agree with the pro-Arsenal talk; I'm on Munich to win to nil at 5/2 and the straight win. I actually think EVS is a good price on them.

Comment

Its just strange to look at previous Arsenal teams in europe and not mention the current season form

Comment

Agree with Smoothcall here

I hate this, a team's record vs the club's of a certain nation etc, imo all that is total shite and pretty much completely irrelevant to a result.

Arsenal are not the same team they were 9 years ago so using results from that period is irrelevant

Bayern have been exceptional this season, they have such a deep squad and their defensive record is amazing. The Gunners aren't exactly known for grinding out a result and imo will be totally over-run

Just to add, decent bet on Bayern to win and small bet on them -1
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 19-02-13, 19:15.

Comment

Its just strange to look at previous Arsenal teams in europe and not mention the current season form
                                                                                      Fair enough, Arsenal have been shit this season and can no longer be relied on to beat average teams at home in the premiership. I'm aware of this, just feel Arsenal can turn it around for a big European night like they usually do. It's football anyway, bookies have a lock on the market

Comment

Think the Gunners will pull a big one out for the manager, on @ 3/1, Walcott first goal and a 2-1 correct score, COYG

Comment

Fair enough, Arsenal have been shit this season and can no longer be relied on to beat average teams at home in the premiership. I'm aware of this, just feel Arsenal can turn it around for a big European night like they usually do. It's football anyway, bookies have a lock on the market
                                                                                          hmm, Bayern opened at 6/5 going to go off 10/11, Porto 10/11 going to go off 4/6. Not quiet a locked market

Comment

CL 2004-05
                                                                                            Lehmann
                                                                                            Lauren
                                                                                            Touré
                                                                                            Senderos
                                                                                            Cole
                                                                                            Ljungberg
                                                                                            Vieira (c)
                                                                                            Flamini
                                                                                            Reyes
                                                                                            Bergkamp
                                                                                            Henry
                                                                                            80' v Persie
                                                                                            63' Fabregas [yellow card 90']
                                                                                            63' Pires

Kahn (c)
                                                                                            Sagnol
                                                                                            Lucio
                                                                                            Kovač
                                                                                            Lizarazu
                                                                                            Deisler
                                                                                            Demi'is
                                                                                            Sali'ic
                                                                                            Ballack
                                                                                            Guerrero
                                                                                            Pizarro
                                                                                            73' Z Roberto
                                                                                            90' Har'es
                                                                                            85' Linke

Squads for both teams the last time Arsenal beat Bayern at home!
                                                                                            I think the 2/3 subs for Arsenal might still get in the team

Comment

Oh dear

Comment

well the proof is in. arsenal are not capable of challenging a big team in europe. This has been the case for a while now after the group stages. Took a hiding against a poor Milan side and got back some dignity in the second leg last year. Sure they improved more in the second half but bayern were protecting a comfortable lead and it was a lucky goal. Im not sure how impressive bayern were but they are certainly contenders for the european cup.

So Arsenal have one goal left. To get into the champions league again this year. Its not a case of over hauling just spurs because chelsea have been less than consistent this term and Everton are still in the hunt. Spurs play Arsenal which is a key fixture but Spurs also travel to anfield and stamford bridge. Arsenals fixtures are less daunting after the spurs game. Man utd may even have the league wrapped up by the time they visit the emirates. Another positive for Arsenal is both chelsea and spurs could yet have to juggle the latter stages of the europa cup with the demands of the premier league. Chelsea probably have the squad but spurs dont. And Boas has always shown a fondness for fielding strong teams in it.

Arsenal EVS top 4 finish . They maybe too shit to do anything when qualified but they are still good enough to get there again.

Comment

Would've liked to have seen what would have happened if Bayern didn't get that early goal, which was a great take but a bit jammy in the sense it came from an aimless cross that nobody expected. Arsenal had started well but that completely knocked the stuffing out of them.

I suspect Bayern would have still exerted their dominance on the game to an extent, regardless of the early goal but to what extent I don't know. I thought they were very impressive defensively apart from the fuck up for their goal. Not hard to see why they've conceded so few goals this season, they defend extraordinarily well as a unit.

I'd be fascinated to see how they would fare against Barcelona.

Comment

Just got a call from a pal to back the sporting lisbon U19's tonight @ evs in the next gen tournament. If it helps he is a huge liverpool fan and this is what he told me.

"If your interested in free money the Liverpool youths are taking on Sporting Lisbon in the Next gen tournament, the Liverpool squad has been decimated by injuries and call ups to the senior team and it is away to Sporting who whupped them earlier this year"

Im on -1 @ 5/2 for a score.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                      Just got a call from a pal to back the sporting lisbon U19's tonight @ evs in the next gen tournament. If it helps he is a huge liverpool fan and this is what he told me.

"If your interested in free money the Liverpool youths are taking on Sporting Lisbon in the Next gen tournament, the Liverpool squad has been decimated by injuries and call ups to the senior team and it is away to Sporting who whupped them earlier this year"

Im on -1 @ 5/2 for a score.
                                                                                                      Well that was easy..4-0 in the end.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me how Barcelona and Real Madrid are only 3.05 coupled to win the Champions League?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          Can someone please explain to me how Barcelona and Real Madrid are only 3.05 coupled to win the Champions League?
                                                                                                          Well there both around 4/5 to 1

Comment

Well there both around 4/5 to 1
                                                                                                            What I meant is, is that not too short in each case?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                              What I meant is, is that not too short in each case?
                                                                                                              Probably is ye, Im big on Bayern from early, also on Dortmund so I hope so!

Comment

Probably is ye, Im big on Bayern from early, also on Dortmund so I hope so!
                                                                                                                What did you get Bayern at early on? I remember they were 14s in the Summer and I thought it was huge considering I think Barca were something like 7/2.

Comment

What did you get Bayern at early on? I remember they were 14s in the Summer and I thought it was huge considering I think Barca were something like 7/2.
                                                                                                                  on at 14s 12s and 8s, would be a nice winner for me.

Comment

All over Swansea and also on -1 @ 2.25.

Comment

Draw is definately the value at upton park tonight

Comment

You can back Ronaldo to score anytime v Man Utd @ 2.24 on BF, obviously works out a little less than that with the 5% commission but isn't that still decent value?

Ronaldo is in extraordinary form at the moment, even by his own ultra consistent standards. At the very least, I'd say he has a 50:50 chance of scoring and it's probably a bit better.

Comment

You can back Ronaldo to score anytime v Man Utd @ 2.24 on BF, obviously works out a little less than that with the 5% commission but isn't that still decent value?

Ronaldo is in extraordinary form at the moment, even by his own ultra consistent standards. At the very least, I'd say he has a 50:50 chance of scoring and it's probably a bit better.
                                                                                                                          Somebody gave me my request of 2.44, €100 on. Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X