Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
    Just a heads up... The PP enhanced footy treble tonight at 11/2 is SERIOUS value. Real Madrid, Arsenal and Munich.
    very decent bet alright,is that only in the shops,couldnt find it online,arsenal are massive @ 4/9

Comment

Originally posted by blanchero View Post
      very decent bet alright,is that only in the shops,couldnt find it online,arsenal are massive @ 4/9
      Its online bud, on the left hand side where all the sports are..go down to Powerplay. Enhanced footy treble is in there

Comment

SERIOUS value is a bit ott. Treble pays out a little more than 9/2 on the exchanges. Think Bayern may be a bit short in their match, they're in incredible form but Dortmund are excellent at home, only 2 losses in last 40 there.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone know what will be on Sky tonight, all Prem or Madrid derby be shown?

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
            Just a heads up... The PP enhanced footy treble tonight at 11/2 is SERIOUS value. Real Madrid, Arsenal and Munich.
            Pays 5.73/1 with VC Bet. Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
              Anyone know what will be on Sky tonight, all Prem or Madrid derby be shown?
              qpr v swansea at 8 on ss1 and madrid derby on ss2 at 9 i think

Comment

United game on ESPN I take it. Went with City/Arsenal double tonight on PP, works out at 1.85.

Comment

United game on ESPN I take it. Went with City/Arsenal double tonight on PP, works out at 1.85.
                  Nah Munich game on ESPN
                  Profit before people.

Comment

I think Ross County are hugh at Evs away to Ayr tonight.

Ross County are top of the league with a 18/12/1 record and Ayr are 2nd bottom with a 7/11/13 record.

Ross County unbeaten in 11 and have won 7 from last 9
                    Ayr have lost their last 3 (including a defeat to the bottom side) and haven't won in 6

Ross County have the best away record in the league, winning 9 from 15 while Ayr have the 2nd worst home record winning only 4 from 16

I'm getting on big

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      I think Ross County are hugh at Evs away to Ayr tonight.

Ross County are top of the league with a 18/12/1 record and Ayr are 2nd bottom with a 7/11/13 record.

Ross County unbeaten in 11 and have won 7 from last 9
                      Ayr have lost their last 3 (including a defeat to the bottom side) and haven't won in 6

Ross County have the best away record in the league, winning 9 from 15 while Ayr have the 2nd worst home record winning only 4 from 16

I'm getting on big
                      Just had a look at this, one thing to consider is that this is a very important game for Ayr as winning would put them out of the relegation zone, whereas Ross County have already been crowned champions. You'd have to wonder if they will be fully up for it if they find themselves drawing or something with half an hour to go.

Comment

Yeah they were just confirmed champs only last night after Dundee drew. Possible that they went out on the piss to celebrate? Strong support for Ayr in the market. I'd stay away.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

united,arsenal,city treable at 8/5 worth a go or is there not enough value in this considering two teams are away? opinions..
                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

3-1 to Ross County ftw

Comment

3 draw treble in the 3pm games @52/1 to pass the boredom of the BBC National commentry.

Comment

Paddy Power
                                EXCLUSIVE: SPURS to WIN to a enhanced to a huge 3/1 - just for FB friends. £30 max stake, online only - and when it's gone, it's gone! Click on the link to get it ...

Comment

bets for the weekend

bolton to beat swansea at the reebok 5/4 BETFAIR. the two weeks rest is massive at this stage of the season. bolton need it far more and can deliver at home.

aston villa v sunderland 0-0 9/1 STAN JAMES/SKY BET. aston villa are dreadful going forward. negative mcleish would probably settle for a point. with no cutting edge whatsoever. sunderland were desperate against wolves last week and looked like they were already on their summer holidays.

Arsenal v Chelsea. Both teams to score 8/11. BETFAIR. bet of the weekend, neither team can defend.

Comment

Bayern Madrid tonight: any value in Real for most bookings? The stats are very much in favour of this bet but I'm sure because of the low amount of cards averaged per game it might be best to avoid?

Comment

Bayern Madrid tonight: any value in Real for most bookings? The stats are very much in favour of this bet but I'm sure because of the low amount of cards averaged per game it might be best to avoid?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/.../most-bookings

which of the Real players do you see getting carded?

thinking of having a small bet just out of interest on over 10 corners & over 2.5 goals at 3/1 to make things more interesting.

Comment

Pepe & Alonso would the 2 main culprits.

Comment

Looking at stats Arbeloa Ramos & Ronaldo are up there too. I'll probably just avoid the bet.

Comment

Pepe & Alonso would the 2 main culprits.
                                            True, but looking at the team I can't really see too many other ones who will get stuck in. I was looking at the total card index market earlier and over 40 points was just 4/6 and with howard webb being tight enough with the cards its not really a game that stands out for me in the card market.

Comment

2 shortish priced bets for me

Reading home to Forest @ 4/7

Reading have won their last 5 games, and 14 of the last 16 to see then top of the league by 2 points with 3 games to go. A win tonight could see them guarantee promotion. There last 5 wins have been impressive, and all against teams around them fighting for promotion.

Southampton (2nd)
                                              Brigton (8th)
                                              Leeds (12th)
                                              West Ham (3rd)
                                              Blackpool (5th)

Forest are looking a little shakey with 2 wins in the last 6 and they are 7 points clear of relegation. They probably don't expect much from this game, and with Hull (10th) and Portsmouth (23rd) to play, they will fancy their chances against a team that will have nothing to play for, and a team which could be relegated by the time they play so they could save some energy for them

-------------------

Shrewsbury home to Port Value @ 4/7

Shrews are 2nd in the league with 4 games to go. They're 8 points adrift of Swindon at the top, but they are 1 point clear of Torquay who have played a game more. They're 4 clear of Crawley in 4th so they need to keep winning well to try and lock up that automatic promotion spot against a Port Vale team sitting in 15th with no chance of promotion or relegation.

Shrews have won their last 3, and are 5/1/0 in their ast 6 games as opposed to Port Vale who have lost 4 of their last 8 with their last outing being a drab (guessing :-)) 0-0 with Morecambe who are basically in the same boat as them. Not as confident on this as the other one, but think it's a good price nonetheless

Comment

looking at it a bit more alonso (10 cards in la liga) is 6/4 to be shown a card with skybet... up against ribery, robben and muller?

Comment

Alonso didn't start the last league game for Madrid, is that due to a suspension for getting 10 yellows?

Comment

2 shortish priced bets for me

Reading home to Forest @ 4/7
                                                    Shrewsbury home to Port Value @ 4/7
                                                    far from sticking my neck out, but Shrews won 1-0 and Reading 1-0 up with 5 mins left

Edit - Finished 1-0 and Reading back in The Premiership after West Ham could only draw
                                                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 17-04-12, 20:59.

Comment

Had your bet tony with check raise's overs bet in the bayern game for a little over 3/1 treble. Wouldn't usually bet but both bets were good value. Cheers for the info

Comment

Delving into the Greek League for tonights value bet imo

Panionious (home) to beat Xanthi @ 11/8

On paper,not much seperates these and the bookies feel the same

After 28 games, they are sitting 11th/12th both with a 9/5/14 record and a -5/-6 goal difference. Both teams are 4 points clear of the drop with 2 games to go, so a win here guarantees one of them safey, and Panionious look to want it more.

Recent form dictates that Panionios are a bigger favourite than the 11/8 suggests.
                                                        Panios have won 3 of the last 5 (won their last 3 at home without conceding, lost 2 away)
                                                        while Zanthi have lost 9 of the last 10 with their only win being 1-0 against the team 9 points adrift at the bottom. They've lost their last 5 away games without scoring a goal, and i don't see anything other than a home win.

Under 2.5 goals is 4/9 so i'm expecting a 2-0 win for Panionios here

Comment

In tonights champ league match over 2.5 goals and over 40 booking points at 3.2 with PP looks like good value.

Comment

Delving into the Greek League for tonights value bet imo

Panionious (home) to beat Xanthi @ 11/8

On paper,not much seperates these and the bookies feel the same

After 28 games, they are sitting 11th/12th both with a 9/5/14 record and a -5/-6 goal difference. Both teams are 4 points clear of the drop with 2 games to go, so a win here guarantees one of them safey, and Panionious look to want it more.

Recent form dictates that Panionios are a bigger favourite than the 11/8 suggests.
                                                            Panios have won 3 of the last 5 (won their last 3 at home without conceding, lost 2 away)
                                                            while Zanthi have lost 9 of the last 10 with their only win being 1-0 against the team 9 points adrift at the bottom. They've lost their last 5 away games without scoring a goal, and i don't see anything other than a home win.

Under 2.5 goals is 4/9 so i'm expecting a 2-0 win for Panionios here
                                                            Ughh Xanthi 1-0 up at HT. Come on Panionios!
                                                            1-1 with 10 mins left

Finished 1-1. fml and fy Panionios for killing me
                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 18-04-12, 17:54.

Comment

Arsenal still above evs for Saturday mornings game v Chelsea, after tonights exertions I just cant see Chelsea being able to get together quickly enough for this and some serious rotation ahead of the 2nd leg. Also Arsenal obv looking to make up for that loss to Wigan

Comment

Bilbao a decent shout tonight? Didn't someone say recently they've basically built the season around this competition so that winning it is what's most important. From the line-up they look to have a full team and lead to believe Fernandez is a big loss for Sporting.

Boylesports currently have them priced at 9/5!!!

Opr

Comment

3/1 QPR too big.

Our record without Adebayor is horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                    3/1 QPR too big.

Our record without Adebayor is horrendous.
                                                                    ya looks great value considerin spurs form n,cisse back 2,have it doubled up with man city -2 @ 7/4

Comment

pp facebook special,utd @ evens v everton,just posted this minute so should be about for next hour or so

Comment

Link?

Comment

They've reduced the max bet on these it seems, was 35 last week for Utd evs v Villa, 25 now

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Link?
                                                                            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Just got on for €25 max

Comment

Was only €15 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                Was only €15 for me.
                                                                                Non betting fish brag

Comment

Time to back some 1/7 shots in the snooker to mug it up a bit!

Comment

Villa Park Stalemate

Sick of losing on championship betting, going to cut it out next season, mainly west ham and knowing my luck theyll be up next year. Backing villa to draw again tonight. Knew they'd draw sat and arsenal just couldn't think of who to put in for the 20 draw treble so chose wigan (another bogey team), 2 mins to go and the ukipt entry was totted up. That's why theyre down there with that (freedom of the city) defending. Going to just enjoy the Chelsea game without a bet, best result would be Barca to go through and Fernando to come home this summer. If theyre looking for young British talent.....

New nationwide courier repair service site now launched www.itrepairs.ie

Comment

unreal todays treble, west brom to draw, sunderland to draw and newcastle to beat wigan - why can't i listen to myself

Comment

Blackburn +2 @10/11 and draw in Atalanta v Fiorentina for me today. Draw is mutually benificial, and when this is the case near the end of the season in Serie A it usually ends that way.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

People going with B365's offer on City United tomorrow, what bets ye making? Stuck between City & Rooney any time.

Comment

Can you recommend any books on statistical modelling for sports betting, primarily football?

Comment

The mind boggles.
                                                                                              Seems one of the Guys behind New Beginnings ("i want to keep my house and not pay my mortgage") is a director of the Fitz Casino and chairman of the Gaming and Leisure association. David Hallhttp://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44412

Fuck right off mate

Comment

Not looking too bad now!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  You were on the money about Cisse.

Comment

value in QPR to get relegated at 9/4?? there going to loose to city barring a miracle!
                                                                                                    bolten are 7/4 to beat stoke away which could be achieved but basically the same bet is at 9/4 backing QPR to get the drop instead if you fancy bolten to win! thoughts?

Comment

Well it's not the same, QPR could lose at City and Bolton could win and QPR could still stay up depending on what Wigan do. Difference between 7/4 and 9/4 is ~6%, which is basically what bookies think are the chances of Wigan not getting a point from their remaining games- maybe a bit big but 7/4 Bolton to beat Stoke is possibly a little slim even if Stoke have nowt to play for. Marginal value at the very best imo.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Haven't looked at it properly yet but with the appointment of Hodgson the market for making the England 23 has to throw up a few surprises?

current odds on PP

Anything stand out?

Comment

Scholes at 11/4

Comment

richards at 5/6 imo has to be there and ryan shawcross could be an outside bet at 12s if any of the old lads get hurt which could happen seen as terry, ferrinand and king are so injury prone..

Comment

Bobby Z at 4/1??

Comment

Carroll at 5/4?
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Darren Bent @ 5/1?

Someone twitter him there & ask him how his ankle is coming along.

Comment

might look for a price on paul konchesky.

Comment

The ox @ 2/1 has to be a cert surely

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                      X