Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terry Phelan View Post
    I've managed to spin a 5er in 80 today... Looking at a very cautious accum to double it before I cash out... Anybody see anything going wrong with the following, pays roughly 11/10

Man City 1/5 (Home to Blackburn should be a certain win)

Leeds Utd/Draw (Warnocks first game in charge, Pompey in the midst of injury crisis/admin, also lost key striker Husselkepp to Birmingham yesterday)

England +9 vs Wales 4/11 (I actually think this is too close to call but they should certainly cover the +9 spread)

Anyone see any probs?? Cheers
    Up she flew!!! Student masters entry sorted

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
      Last bets for the night that will hopefully come good when I get home. Off down to the Pairc in a bit for Cork vs Waterford

Nice start for the BTTS bet anyway... Juve vs Ac both teams scored...1-1 and PSG vs Lyon both teams scored. Roll on tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
        Anyone want to take a shot at the card index for the Milan v Juventus game?

Real Betis v Getafe seems to be a game primed for a lot of cards.

Milan v Juventus - 6Y 1R - (85 Paddy Power points)

Real Betis v Getafe - 9Y - (90 Paddy Power points)

Powers didn't offer a market on these games. Which bookies would be the best for the card index markets?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
          Milan v Juventus - 6Y 1R - (85 Paddy Power points)

Real Betis v Getafe - 9Y - (90 Paddy Power points)

Powers didn't offer a market on these games. Which bookies would be the best for the card index markets?
          Bet 365 definitely. William Hill offers a good few markets too.

Comment

What do people think about Newcastle for a top 4 place at current prices of 20/1 ?

They got through the period of African Cup of nations pretty well and now have Demba Ba and Tiote back while also having suffered a few injuries to players who have now returned. They look to have made an excellent acquisition in Cisse to boost the fire power up front. The game at the weekend is the first time in weeks key players like Cabaye, Tiote and Taylor have been available in a while.

They currently sit only two points off fourth place with Chelsea and Arsenal struggling to put any kind of form together. They currently seem to me despite losing a 2-0 lead to Wolves at the weekend like they could put some kind of a run together. I obviously don't make them close to favourite but the price of 20/1 about them seems very big for a team still in with a great shout, now with a full squad and some decent business in January.

Any thoughts ?

Opr

Comment

I personally can't see it happening, although it seems to be a generous price

Comment

No chance imo. At least one from Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will finish ahead of them and Newcastle are looking very fragile at the back. They will have to score 2 or 3 goals a game to win for the rest of the season. Their early run of fixtures where they were keeping clean sheets has them in a false position imo. 100/1 and you may have a bet.

Comment

Anyone know how strong the Dutch squad is for tomorrow night? 13/8 very tempting

Comment

Friendly internationals tonight. One team I've noticed that have taken them pretty seriously over the years is Norway and I like them against Northern Ireland tonight.

Gonna wait a bit on the Wales/Costa Rica game. Welsh team is not great looking with Bale out so might have a pop at Costa Rica if they are any good. There is the playing for Gary Speed factor which is why I'm gonna take a watching brief early.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Dammit 1-0 Costa Rica already.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                        Dammit 1-0 Costa Rica already.
                        On the plus side Norway 1-0 up

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          On the plus side Norway 1-0 up
                          Yeah thats good, got on Costa Rica at evens. Problem is I have no room to lay if off and make a decent profit which was my target in that game.

Comment

Just got off Costa Rica now at 1.22. I had too much on them for comfort.

Comment

Ship and ship. Sweet.

Comment

edit.. posted wrong place
                                Last edited by nicnicnic; 02-03-12, 00:28.

Comment

FFS Ireland did me out of 1 bet and England conceding that late third goal cost me my other bet, just not my night

Comment

Liverpool are without Agger tomorrow who's importance can't be overstated and most likely Gerrard. If we lineup with two in the centre such as Adam and Henderson the 3/1 on Arsenal is massive.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Liverpool are without Agger tomorrow who's importance can't be overstated and most likely Gerrard. If we lineup with two in the centre such as Adam and Henderson the 3/1 on Arsenal is massive.

Opr
                                      Wouldn't be too quick on 3/1 for Arsenal. We've late fitness tests on Van Persie and Vermaelen, and Ramsey is definetly out. Leaves us very very light

Comment

lol at the optimism on both sides! Hopefully it will be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          lol at the optimism on both sides! Hopefully it will be a good game.
                                          Liverpool have only won 1 of the last 9 games v Arsenal i think but there's been a lot of draws so i'd go for 1-1 if i was a betting man

Not too sure i like the prospect of being a Man U fan on Sunday tho!

Comment

Listen the price on us tomorrow of near even money is ridiculous. Coupled with the stats you quoted we have already drawn 8 games at homes this season.

If RVP starts for RVP United tomorrow I will be taking some of the 3-1

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Liverpool have only won 1 of the last 9 games v Arsenal i think but there's been a lot of draws so i'd go for 1-1 if i was a betting man
                                              I have no idea what's gonna happen in the game tomorrow. It's a big'un for both clubs, Liverpool prob need to win it more to stay/get into the hunt for 4th.
                                              'Pool have been poor at home, Arsenal can be shite on any given day, Arsenals defence can be non existant but Liverpool can't find the back of the net. Anything could happen!

Only bet I like is the even money on over 11 corners.

Not too sure i like the prospect of being a Man U fan on Sunday tho!
                                              On Sunday or any other day of the week for that matter.
                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                If RVP starts for RVP United tomorrow I will be taking some of the 3-1

Opr
                                                That's dirty, and no amount of smilies can redeem you.

Comment

Liverpool the only big side who haven't really be joining in on the goal fests this season, hope they make amends tomorrow just for entertainment sake. They can't continue with such a shocking chance conversion rate, time for Suarez to start putting in more mature and efficient performances that he's capable of.

Backing +2.5 City goals in their home games has been extremely profitable this season, price looks short enough for that tomorrow though, but Corals have them at evens to win both halves against Bolton, other firms are as short as 4/7 on this same market!
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

My bet for tomorrow is 4 trebles and accum.

City-2 @evs
                                                    Everton @13/10
                                                    Villa @ 2/1
                                                    Chelsea @20/21
                                                    Last edited by eagle eye; 03-03-12, 07:16.

Comment

Arsenal +1 goal is printing money today

Comment

Is Rooney back for United tomorrow? Him and Ba anytime powerplay on PP 5/1 looks decent

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                          Is Rooney back for United tomorrow? Him and Ba anytime powerplay on PP 5/1 looks decent
                                                          Aye, he's back.

Comment

Think the booking points line looks a bit low here in the Newcastle Sunderland game. Over 56 points @6/5
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Think the booking points line looks a bit low here in the Newcastle Sunderland game. Over 56 points @6/5
                                                              that was quick wd.

Comment

Haha 6 yellows within 23 mins. Ship! This could be a record number of bookings by the end of the game.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Would a straight red count as 2 yellows in this market?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                    Would a straight red count as 2 yellows in this market?
                                                                    straight red 25 points. 2 yellows or a yellow then red 35 points.
                                                                    Last edited by thedini; 04-03-12, 13:50.

Comment

Fuck you Ba!!

Comment

Zenit look like real value tonight in the Champion's league. Benfica lost to them 3-2 in the away leg and since then have lost away to Guimares, drawn away to Academica and lost at home to Porto in a six pointer which seen them drop three points behind their rivals. I've seen a couple of these games and they have looked poor, they have have looked wide open when they lose possession.

Zenit have only had one game since they beat Benfica and it was a very good draw away with CSKA Moscow.

I think Zenit will reap the rewards as Benfica push for a goal to take the lead in the tie. Zenit are very fast on the counter and an attacking Benfica approach is playing right into their hands imo.

I have to add that the Benfica coach always looks like he is about to crack up. This has to be affecting his players I think.

Comment

Took the R Van Persie & Z Ibrahimovic to both score in 90 minutes play 4/1 - €20 and Reading -1 are my bets for the night.

Comment

arsenal to qualify @9/4 on bet365 - yes please

Comment

Originally posted by blanchero View Post
                                                                              arsenal to qualify @9/4 on bet365 - yes please
                                                                              25/1 2 hours ago lol.

Comment

Worth siding with Parma in the evening kickoff against Fiorentina @2.36. Fiorentina have been dire on the road this season, only scoring in 2 of their 13 away games in all comps. They're without best player and leading scorer Jovetic too through injury, he's scored 12 of 25 league goals. Small saver bet on 0-0 @15/2.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Meh 2-2 somehow, Fiorentina score with their only 2 shots on target. Rith níos fearr.
                                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 07-03-12, 19:42.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Loving Inter Milan right now <3

2 goals after the 86th minute.

Comment

Opinions on Liverpool vs Sunderland and Totts vs Everton?

Comment

sunderland and everton are at home
                                                                                        48

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                          Opinions on Liverpool vs Sunderland and Totts vs Everton?
                                                                                          1) Draw
                                                                                          2) Draw

Comment

13-1 anytime goalscorer bet on Coates for Liverpool against Sunderland. Should be a decent threat from set pieces and I don't think the price reflects yet that he is starting today.

Opr

Comment

its 16/1 - 25/1 on bf
                                                                                              also - with expectancy of maybe 8 liverpool corners. and 3 set pieces he may be up for, would you really fancy him to score?
                                                                                              Sunderland arent too small or that vulnerable from set pieces either
                                                                                              not bad for an interest bet but Id rather be on Suarez first goal myself!
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

I thought it was a bit of value when I seen he was starting and the price hadn't moved with the team news. He is huge at 6 ft 5 in and really good header of the ball so expect him to be a threat. Also hoping if we are going to send someone forward for set pieces we will leave the more experienced Skrtel back. Ah as you say it's more just an interest bet as I will be watching the game.

Opr

Comment

My bets for the day;

Four Fold; Man Utd, Man City, Celtic and Norwich

Second Four Fold; Athletico Madrid(won), Valencia, Juventus and Schalke.

Comment

Fuck man city

Comment

Shouldnt have put Man City in. Regretted it the second I did because I looked at forms more in depth afterwards.

Other one was looking sweet too until the bastard assistant ref dissalowed a clear onside goal in Juventus match.

Comment

Arsenal -2 and Arsenal to win both halves please. ty

Comment

Arsenal vs Newcastle - BTTS
                                                                                                          Villareal vs Getafe - BTTS
                                                                                                          Torino to keep a clean sheet.

5/1

20 quid on

Comment

Arsenal -2 and Arsenal to win both halves please. ty
                                                                                                            Really? zero chance

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                                                                              Really? zero chance
                                                                                                              Well 5/2 and 4/1 chance actually

Double either of the odds and i'll fill my boots again

Comment

small bet on arsenal to win 3 - 1 @ 9/1

Comment

Well 5/2 and 4/1 chance actually

Double either of the odds and i'll fill my boots again
                                                                                                                  Guess not Finkel. You saved yourself some money!

Comment

Guess not Finkel. You saved yourself some money!
                                                                                                                    Did i

Comment

Did i
                                                                                                                      Told you

Comment

They have brought on Ramsey to try take out who this time?

Comment

They have brought on Ramsey to try take out who this time?
                                                                                                                          I think they have to win 1-0 for it to count

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X