No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh reading above, i just cant imagine them going anywhere near full strength. But even pavlechenko and the boys starting (same as last game) should be good. Not to forget Rovers havnt played a league game in weeks, also dont think theyre too fond of him (the players that is, although they wont need motivation for this game)
    GAA News Website

Comment

Beskitas tonight at 6pm is free money, Stoke not up for the game at all

Comment

Originally posted by Thefonze View Post
        Beskitas tonight at 6pm is free money, Stoke not up for the game at all
        I'm on this aswel. Stoke getting absolutely battered and they go and score ffs

Edit - Red Card for Upson and penalty converted so we're back in business with 30 mins to go. Took a little bit of the draw @ 11/5 when Stoke scored so the draw is still a loser but not so much anymore!
        Last edited by Flushdraw; 14-12-11, 19:19.

Comment

3-1 besiktas nice work.

Comment

Easy money as I said. Red card helped!

Comment

Lazio also up in the first part of a treble. Just need Wisla and Maccaibi to overturn the respective group winners to make it a good night

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                PAOK have to beat Rubin
                and spurs win by 6

for spurs to go tru

im opposing rovers too - but not sure how strong spurs will be

like the draw in PAOK game though, 6/4
                Pretty sure the gd is 5 in total. So 3-0 wins for PAOK and Spurs would see Spurs thru

Comment

Spurs fairly strong here. Defoe, Assou, Peinaar, Sandro, Kranjcar all in the starting line up. All over the -1.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

I think the 7/2 about Liverpool reserves away to Man United reserves with bet356 is too big. I watched a decent amount of Liverpool youth football and we have been putting out very strong reserve sides lately. They have won five out of their last six matches and been very impressive. Last game they won 5-1 against Wigan reserves. I am a Liverpool fan so may be looking at it through tinted glasses but honestly believe I am not.

I am waiting for the team sheet but if it's a good one I think we are a very good bet. Will post up what I think when I see the team.

Opr

Comment

I think it's a very strong team and will be placing a bet. Disappointed not to see Shelvey but otherwise it would have been the same start line-up I would have picked.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Spurs 11/10 HT/FT v Shamrock Rovers. Is this not massive considering Spurs need to win big? (if they want to qualify!)
                        Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Spurs fairly strong here. Defoe, Assou, Peinaar, Sandro, Kranjcar all in the starting line up. All over the -1.
                        Pretty easy so far with them 3-0 at HT

Comment

Spurs
                          West Brom
                          Fulham
                          Best bets this weekend, Swansea worth a small stake also.

Comment

Ref just destroyed the game with a disgraceful decision to give a red card to Liverpool's best player. Still 0-0.

Opr

Comment

2nd lumpage of the night. Udinese surprisingly gone full strength against Celtic. They've won all their league and Europa league games at home this year. Men against boys.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Is United -2 against QPR at 7/2 a good bet for the weekend.

Dont know much about QPR so said I would ask here.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                  Is United -2 against QPR at 7/2 a good bet for the weekend.

Dont know much about QPR so said I would ask here.
                                  I wouldn't think so! It's not like United have been free scoring lately! And QPR at home are no pushover!

Comment

Ya wouldn't go near that bet! Wouldn't be backing United either to be honest.

Comment

Thats what I thought.

Posted over on Boards so said I would ask here.

Cheers

Comment

Just remembered i have this bet on. Barca and Bayern are top, PSG 2nd on goal difference and Inter 10 points adrift although climbing. If anyone is following (Situation/Sledge?) what's Inter's chance of winning that league. Do i have a sweat?

Comment

Just remembered i have this bet on. Barca and Bayern are top, PSG 2nd on goal difference and Inter 10 points adrift although climbing. If anyone is following (Situation/Sledge?) what's Inter's chance of winning that league. Do i have a sweat?

Highly unlikely, they've been very poor in the league, ageing squad with motivational issues. Never been right since Jose left.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Have a small bet on Bayern Vs Koln tonight to be 0-0.

Last 4 meetings have been draws 0-0 and 1-1.

Bit of fun.

Have McLeod anytime scorer in the Cheltenham game too.

Any of yee betting tonight?

Comment

backed bayern -2 and southend also
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Confused by the market support for Everton today. Into 1/2 in places, they haven't even had a single shot on target in nearly 3 games.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                  backed bayern -2 and southend also
                                                  Bayern -2 was a great shout considering they went down to ten men at 0-0 and still got the job done.

Comment

Have Fulham, West Brom and Tottenham treble today.

Comment

This is where i'm at for this weekend. Early days but i'd take it if results stayed the way they are now

Comment

This is where i'm at for this weekend. Early days but i'd take it if results stayed the way they are now

Did perms of all the 3pm games as draws for today aswell. GL us.

Comment

Arsenal/Aston Villa double tomorrow @ 14/1

I fancy both teams chances

Comment

Arsenal/Aston Villa double tomorrow @ 14/1

I fancy both teams chances

Boyles paying 21/1

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                              Boyles paying 21/1
                                                              id nearly offer better myself city will crush arsenal and the pool will walk all over villa!!

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                Boyles paying 21/1
                                                                tbh that's kinda huge
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Liverpool will certainly not "walk all over" Villa.

Liverpool don't do well against well organised limited teams. (Villa, Fulham etc)

Arsenal is a longer shot but its certianly do-able for them 21/1 for the double is huge...

Comment

To think Arsenal are 9/2 in any premier league game is huge alone. It's not really my kind of double but do agree it is a massive price.

Comment

Liverpool don't do well against well organised limited teams. (Villa, Fulham etc)

Arsenal is a longer shot but its certianly do-able for them 21/1 for the double is huge...
                                                                      we have been one of the more creative teams this season have passed teams to death including city,arsenal,utd and chelsea(twice)
                                                                      imo we have just been a little unlucky in front of goal ... villa are a spent force also missing agbonlawhore (cant spell his name) who probably is the most attacking player they have.

also i cant belive arsenal are 9/2 tomorrow but did you ever hear the saying about the wounded animal .. city might not even be top going into this game tomorrow that will feul them enough to get through arsenal who imo sadly have become a 1 man team much like us in 05 when all we had was stevie g .

my bet for tomorrow will be
                                                                      man city
                                                                      man u
                                                                      liverpool
                                                                      celtic
                                                                      pays around 6/1 with boyles theres your value imo

Comment

lol soccer betting up in here yo

Comment

In what alternate universe can you 'fancy' Arsenal to got to the Financial fair play loophole stadium and win.

Comment

Don't get any of the love for Ars Utd or Villa

Comment

Spurs
                                                                              West Brom
                                                                              Fulham
                                                                              Best bets this weekend, Swansea worth a small stake also.
                                                                              Just waiting in Spurs now. Its been another good weekend for me , lik,e the majority are!

Comment

Gotta fany Liverpool today. Gabby suspended for Villa, they arent able to put any sort of decent attack together.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                  In what alternate universe can you 'fancy' Arsenal to got to the Financial fair play loophole stadium and win.
                                                                                  City just coming off their first defeat, no left back, surely Walcott can produce something today against Zabaleta on the left? City are renowned for conceding goals and giving bucket loads of scoring chances to teams.

All RVP needs is one chance.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    Gotta fany Liverpool today. Gabby suspended for Villa, they arent able to put any sort of decent attack together.
                                                                                    Has draw bore written all over it.

Comment

Been studying a bit of form for the City-Arsenal game and here's what i've come up with -

City have won 7/7 at home
                                                                                      City scored 24 at home in 7 (best in the league)
                                                                                      Arsenal scored 17 away from home in 7 (2nd to City)
                                                                                      Arsenal conceded 18 away from home (2nd worst to Blackburn)
                                                                                      City have scored at least once in thier last 15 matches
                                                                                      Manchester City conceded at least one goal in each of their last 8 matches
                                                                                      87% of Manchester City's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total
                                                                                      Manchester City scored at least one goal in all 7 home matches
                                                                                      Manchester City have scored the opening goal in 93% of their matches
                                                                                      Arsenal have been undefeated in their last 8 matches
                                                                                      Arsenal scored at least one goal in each of their last 13 matches
                                                                                      67% of Arsenal's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total
                                                                                      Arsenal scored at least one goal in 86% of their away matches
                                                                                      78% of Arsenal's conceded goals were conceded away
                                                                                      City have scored 11 in their last 3 home games
                                                                                      Arsenal have scored 11 in their last 3 away games

Results over the last 5 years with City at home are

2010 - City 0-3 Arsenal
                                                                                      2009 - City 4-2 Arsenal
                                                                                      2007 - City 3-0 Arsenal
                                                                                      2006 - City 1-0 Arsenal
                                                                                      2005 - City 1-3 Arsenal

% of games over 2.5 goals
                                                                                      City at home - 85.7%
                                                                                      Arsenal away - 85.7%

Of City's 49 goals scored, they've only scored 6 in the first 30 minutes
                                                                                      They've also conceded 1 goal in the first 30 minutes, and 4/15 in the first half
                                                                                      Of the 64 goals scored in City games, 32 have come in the last 30 minutes
                                                                                      Of the 54 goals scored in Arsenal games, 25 have come in the last 30 minutes
                                                                                      City have scored first in 93% of their games
                                                                                      Arsenal have conceded first in 40% of their games
                                                                                      City have never been losing at half time this season
                                                                                      Arsenal have been losing at half time in 20% of their games

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some bets to look at, and i've love to see an Arsenal 3-2 win

City to win 3-2 @ 25/1 (Boyles)
                                                                                      Arsenal to win 3-2 @ 40/1 (Boyles)
                                                                                      H-T/F-T - Draw/Draw @ 6/1 (VC)
                                                                                      H-T/F-T - Draw/City @ 10/1 (Boyles)
                                                                                      H-T/F-T - Draw Arsenal @ 22/5 (Betfair)
                                                                                      Over 3.5 goals @ 13/8 (Boyles)
                                                                                      Both teams to score @ 4/6 (Boyles)
                                                                                      Arsenal 1st team booked @ 4/6 (Bet365)
                                                                                      Van Persie anytime scorer @ 13/8 (Boyles)
                                                                                      Richards anytime scorer @ 9/1 (PP)

*After all that, it will obv ended up 0-0

Comment

Forgot - Which half will have the most goals - 2nd half @ Evs (Boyles)

Comment

Bent out for Villa now too

Comment

Not a man for stats myself, only value. No value in the City/Arsenal game but Spurs will be way too good for a very poor Sunderland team. Will play up some of my profits from yesterday!

Comment

Not a man for stats myself, only value. No value in the City/Arsenal game but Spurs will be way too good for a very poor Sunderland team. Will play up some of my profits from yesterday!

Cant see your logic in that statement at all, you would rather back Spurs at 4/9 against Sunderland as you cant find "value" in the over 2.5 at 4/6 in the City game thats screaming goals?

Comment

just over 25/1 on boyles now, I'm still not touching it just informing you of price rise. 14/1 out to 25/1, lulz
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Been studying a bit of form for the City-Arsenal game and here's what i've come up with -

City have won 7/7 at home
                                                                                                  City scored 24 at home in 7 (best in the league)
                                                                                                  Arsenal scored 17 away from home in 7 (2nd to City)
                                                                                                  Arsenal conceded 18 away from home (2nd worst to Blackburn)
                                                                                                  City have scored at least once in thier last 15 matches
                                                                                                  Manchester City conceded at least one goal in each of their last 8 matches
                                                                                                  87% of Manchester City's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total
                                                                                                  Manchester City scored at least one goal in all 7 home matches
                                                                                                  Manchester City have scored the opening goal in 93% of their matches
                                                                                                  Arsenal have been undefeated in their last 8 matches
                                                                                                  Arsenal scored at least one goal in each of their last 13 matches
                                                                                                  67% of Arsenal's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total
                                                                                                  Arsenal scored at least one goal in 86% of their away matches
                                                                                                  78% of Arsenal's conceded goals were conceded away
                                                                                                  City have scored 11 in their last 3 home games
                                                                                                  Arsenal have scored 11 in their last 3 away games

Results over the last 5 years with City at home are

2010 - City 0-3 Arsenal
                                                                                                  2009 - City 4-2 Arsenal
                                                                                                  2007 - City 3-0 Arsenal
                                                                                                  2006 - City 1-0 Arsenal
                                                                                                  2005 - City 1-3 Arsenal

% of games over 2.5 goals
                                                                                                  City at home - 85.7%
                                                                                                  Arsenal away - 85.7%

Of City's 49 goals scored, they've only scored 6 in the first 30 minutes
                                                                                                  They've also conceded 1 goal in the first 30 minutes, and 4/15 in the first half
                                                                                                  Of the 64 goals scored in City games, 32 have come in the last 30 minutes
                                                                                                  Of the 54 goals scored in Arsenal games, 25 have come in the last 30 minutes
                                                                                                  City have scored first in 93% of their games
                                                                                                  Arsenal have conceded first in 40% of their games
                                                                                                  City have never been losing at half time this season
                                                                                                  Arsenal have been losing at half time in 20% of their games

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some bets to look at, and i've love to see an Arsenal 3-2 win

City to win 3-2 @ 25/1 (Boyles)
                                                                                                  Arsenal to win 3-2 @ 40/1 (Boyles)
                                                                                                  H-T/F-T - Draw/Draw @ 6/1 (VC)
                                                                                                  H-T/F-T - Draw/City @ 10/1 (Boyles)
                                                                                                  H-T/F-T - Draw Arsenal @ 22/5 (Betfair)
                                                                                                  Over 3.5 goals @ 13/8 (Boyles)
                                                                                                  Both teams to score @ 4/6 (Boyles)
                                                                                                  Arsenal 1st team booked @ 4/6 (Bet365)
                                                                                                  Van Persie anytime scorer @ 13/8 (Boyles)
                                                                                                  Richards anytime scorer @ 9/1 (PP)

*After all that, it will obv ended up 0-0
                                                                                                  Just looking at bets for this myself and thought you might like this one with all you have written, Arsenal to score in both halves 11/2 on boyles and a lot less everywhere else
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fulham check, Man Utd check, Liverpool (so far check) and Portsmouth score with 5 minutes to go to ruin the sweat ffs

Comment

Was looking into the European championships and Germany are 7/2 to win.

Thaught this was a solid price and now with Villa injured i think it makes it better value.

Anyone got any ideas for the outright winner

Comment

Fulham check, Man Utd check, Liverpool (so far check) and Portsmouth score with 5 minutes to go to ruin the sweat ffs
                                                                                                        Are these not all 'both teams to score' on the left? Therefore all losers apart from Pompy game!

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                                                                                          Are these not all 'both teams to score' on the left? Therefore all losers apart from Pompy game!
                                                                                                          No, they are both not to score

Comment

Gottya! My bad unlucky Flush!

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                                                                                              he backed NO so the pompey game ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                we have been one of the more creative teams this season have passed teams to death including city,arsenal,utd and chelsea(twice)
                                                                                                                imo we have just been a little unlucky in front of goal ... villa are a spent force also missing agbonlawhore (cant spell his name) who probably is the most attacking player they have.

also i cant belive arsenal are 9/2 tomorrow but did you ever hear the saying about the wounded animal .. city might not even be top going into this game tomorrow that will feul them enough to get through arsenal who imo sadly have become a 1 man team much like us in 05 when all we had was stevie g .

my bet for tomorrow will be
                                                                                                                man city
                                                                                                                man u
                                                                                                                liverpool
                                                                                                                celtic
                                                                                                                pays around 6/1 with boyles theres your value imo
                                                                                                                1 time

Comment

Get in Spurs. But I expected it to be easier.

Another very profitable week for me. Its been like a money printing machine at work the last 2 months. Lets keep this great run of picks going. Hope others are following my selections!

Suggest I have my own dedicated log from now on.!

Off down to the pub now to rid myself of the hangover after Leinster winning so well yesterday, cant believe that game finished at 4am!

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                    1 time
                                                                                                                    +1

Comment

Arsenal 1 time please.

Comment

Arsenal 1 time please.
                                                                                                                        Jinxy winxy.

Comment

An Arsenal goal gets me out of the hole. A Van Persie goal makes it profitable. Come on!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X