No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not convinced about sunderland to be honest swansea have enough about them to pick up wins at home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thefonze;390139]
      Originally posted by TheRebelRam View Post
      I'm going for a trixie
      Everton 9/4
      Not sure about Everton, they look clueless at the moment and this is coming from a supporter!
      I think Everton as the best prospect of a bad bunch, don't rank Blackburn ATM at all.
      Everton have a much better squad and will be looking at this game to kick off their season IMO. Wouldn't take too much notice of last weeks result after their delayed start.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
        Not convinced about sunderland to be honest swansea have enough about them to pick up wins at home.
        Agreed, not a game to be backing this week
        sigpic

Comment

laying Villa at 2.1 in the opener against Wolves. Don't rate this Villa side much this season and think they could struggle in what will be a bruising derby that'll suit Wolves' style more. Think Villa are particularly weak in CM, Petrov nice with a bit of space but can't see him getting much here today. Bent obv their ace in the pack and his goals should keep them safe this season. Wolves confidence should be sky high after great start and as I said last week they're just a really solid well balanced side that work tirelessly for each other.

Can't see much else this weekend, half tempted to back West Brom tomorrow as they could be a little under rated after opening losses, but thought both performances were excellant despite this. They're recent head to head record with Stoke is slightly worrying though so I'm thinking of swerving it.
          Last edited by The Situation; 27-08-11, 09:46.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Am I reading it right the Scunthorpe have to travel to play Sheff Weds today after playing Newcastle (120 mins) on Thursday night?? Even Newcastle dont play until tomorrow?

If it is today Sheff Weds at 1/1 has to be the weekend banker, Played 2 at home won 2 at home so far scoring 4 conceding 1.

Comment

Both to score in the Villa game at 8/11, kicks off 12-05

Comment

Brighton
                Derby
                Boro
                Millwall

4 homes pays just under 11/1

My bet for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                  Am I reading it right the Scunthorpe have to travel to play Sheff Weds today after playing Newcastle (120 mins) on Thursday night?? Even Newcastle dont play until tomorrow?

If it is today Sheff Weds at 1/1 has to be the weekend banker, Played 2 at home won 2 at home so far scoring 4 conceding 1.
                  Having a little piece of this

Originally posted by TheRebelRam View Post

Gonna bet biggish on Derby too at 7/5 VC
                  They have a poor record against Burnley the past 4 games but they are the only stats in their favour.
                  Derby County

• One of two clubs holding a 100% record in the Championship, in unison with leaders Southampton.

• Aiming to replicate their start to the 1905/06 top-flight campaign, when they kicked off with five successive wins.

• Kept an unequalled three clean sheets in this division.

Burnley

• One of four clubs still looking for a first win in the Championship.

• The only club yet to score an away goal in this division. Their most recent was four months ago against Derby, when Chris McCann netted their last in a 4-2 victory.

• Not kept a clean sheet in 17 games (all comps)
                  And a little piece of this. Fingers crossed

Comment

saturday treble
                    derby 5/4
                    reading17/10
                    mk.dons 4/5
                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Chelsea
                      Sunderland
                      Blackburn

Treble @ just over 10/1

Comment

I wouldn't back Blackburn with stolen money

Comment

2-0 up after 20 mins. hmmm hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            I wouldn't back Blackburn with stolen money
                            +1

They've been shite so far this season, only 2 games in but this is no time to be putting the hard earned on them.
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Derby 1-0 down and Scunnie just scored, hmmmm

Edit - Derby equalise, Sheff W grab another to give hope, then Burnley make it 2-1
                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 27-08-11, 15:38.

Comment

Blackburn just missed a pen to go in front with 6 mins left!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                  Blackburn just missed a pen to go in front with 6 mins left!
                                  Missed one in the first half as well Danny

Meanwhile Sheff Wed 3-1 up.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

And Everton just scored one of their own in stoppage time. 0-1.

Comment

Ship the villa lay earlier Good shout on the Shef game too Percy, ty.

LOL B'burn, surely that's Steve Keans job gone.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

3-2 with a couple of mins left

Comment

Job done, shame about the overs in the Villa game.

Comment

Think City could be a good bet at 6/4 today. This is exactly the game where we will see what Mancini has in mind for his season. Will he go out negative like last season in his aways at the top teams or let the players play the game like we have seen so far this season. Spurs looked like a shadow of last seasons team against United and lack creativity without Modric.

6/4 for City just too big for me to turn down.

Comment

West Brom will be too good for Stoke today. 0 points doesn't accurately reflect how WBA have started the season. They could have taken points from the big 2 with a small bit of luck. Add that to Stoke being woeful away from home and 5/4 is a cracker

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                West Brom will be too good for Stoke today. 0 points doesn't accurately reflect how WBA have started the season. They could have taken points from the big 2 with a small bit of luck. Add that to Stoke being woeful away from home and 5/4 is a cracker
                                                urrrrrgh. I was all over this as well. Now it gets the Finkle kiss of death. fs

Comment

I really liked it until seeing their head to head stats where Stoke are completely dominate despite their otherwise shocking away record. Hard to know how much weight to give such trends but it put me off backing today anyway.

City haven't convinced me enough *yet* to warrent backing at 6/4. Can't remember the last time they where favs away to Spurs. Certainly stronger this term but have only faced two very weak teams so far. Also everyone seems to fancy them today so it's hard to see that there's any value in backing, saying that I won't be oposing either.

Do like unders in the City game at 2.0 though.
                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 28-08-11, 11:12.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I think 6/4 is indeed a very good price for Man City against Spurs right now. I see them dominating us pretty badly. It could even get ugly, so Man City -1 seems like a perfectly reasonable bet.

Comment

sweating acc. city celtic west ham and waiting on the dubs-3 one time
                                                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

On Malaga 5/2 tonight. Ridiculous amount of money spent over the summer, some quality signings, whether they'll click straight away we'll see.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Can anyone help me? What I want to do is compile a table for the season in a spreadsheet form and update it weekly for teams involved in games with over 2.5 goals. Simple yes or no option and when updated after the weeks results it will rank the teams in a table from highest to lowest. For example:

Team -------------Games played ----------Games with overs -------Percentage

Southampton-------------5 ---------------------------4 ---------------------80%

It sounds clear in my head but I honestly dont know how to go about it. I would like to do this for English and Scottish leagues.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

go to soccerway.com

go to the league you want.

above the league table is an option over/under. that table may be what your looking for.

Comment

From someone on boards.

In play Corner handicap has Barca -10 @ 10/11 (Bet365). The count is 9-0 in their favour after the first half!

Opr
                                                              Last edited by Opr; 29-08-11, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                From someone on boards.

In play Corner handicap has Barca -10 @ 10/11 (Bet365). The count is 9-0 in their favour after the first half!

Opr
                                                                Got it @ 11/8. Looks like a bit of value. 10-0 now.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                  Got it @ 11/8. Looks like a bit of value. 10-0 now.
                                                                  Just need it to hold now 11-0

Opr

Comment

Good stuff finished 12-0.

Opr

Comment

Only one bet today overs in the Scunthorpe vs Colchester game @ 8/11

Comment

Guttted

Comment

Can anyone help me? What I want to do is compile a table for the season in a spreadsheet form and update it weekly for teams involved in games with over 2.5 goals. Simple yes or no option and when updated after the weeks results it will rank the teams in a table from highest to lowest. For example:

Team -------------Games played ----------Games with overs -------Percentage

Southampton-------------5 ---------------------------4 ---------------------80%

It sounds clear in my head but I honestly dont know how to go about it. I would like to do this for English and Scottish leagues.

Thanks in advance.
                                                                          Only one bet today overs in the Scunthorpe vs Colchester game @ 8/11
                                                                          Guttted
                                                                          I'd get working on that table quick sharp if I were you
                                                                          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Foley is looking you..... snitches get stitches

Comment

Foley is looking you..... snitches get stitches
                                                                              Original, nice

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                                                                Original, nice
                                                                                Where is your contribution this thread?? Bar one post?

Comment

Where is your contribution this thread?? Bar one post?
                                                                                  I don't pretend to know anything about football..... but ya cost me a fortune today. You sounded like you knew what you were talking about......

Comment

Piss off you little grass, you think your on your own? tool

Comment

Hills 11/4 on Odemwingie anytime is the biggest goalscorer misprice of the season so far imo.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        Hills 11/4 on Odemwingie anytime is the biggest goalscorer misprice of the season so far imo.
                                                                                        Boom! Not even a sweat. N1.

Comment

boom didn't take too long
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

..love reading these thngs after its occured...nice catch though...

Comment

This seems to have been a weekend for the punters on the soccer front. Ive lost count of the amount of lads who frequent the club who had their weekend soccer accum up (mostly 4 and 5 team accums). Take your pick from the fancies who all came good saturday:

celtic
                                                                                              rangers
                                                                                              man utd
                                                                                              man city
                                                                                              arsenal
                                                                                              cardiff
                                                                                              west ham
                                                                                              charlton
                                                                                              shrewsbury

Now too many weekends in the year where the majority of the fancies come in. Did any of ye hit it?

Comment

Galway United picked up their first point since April thanks to an 84th minute penalty at home to Dundalk. Had the away side held on for the win I would have scooped €1200 for a 9 team mug accum............

Barce let my mate down for a 12 team accum. Barce threw it away despite leading 2-0 after 13 mins.............

Comment

Barca minus 1 v Milan @ 8-11 and Valencia to beat Genk @ 4-5

Comment

Worth looking at the overs in the booking points market tonight in the QPR Newcastle game. All the ingredients of a high one imo. Newcastle topped the premier league booking table last season, Joey Barton did chip in his fair share but he's playing for QPR now so his absence from Newcastle isn't a factor. QPR also recieved the most reds in the Championship last season too. Most of all though Phil "power trip" Dowd if reffing the game tonight. He gave out the most yellows and reds last season and he's miles ahead of the other refs already this season.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Worth looking at the overs in the booking points market tonight in the QPR Newcastle game. All the ingredients of a high one imo. Newcastle topped the premier league booking table last season, Joey Barton did chip in his fair share but he's playing for QPR now so his absence from Newcastle isn't a factor. QPR also recieved the most reds in the Championship last season too. Most of all though Phil "power trip" Dowd if reffing the game tonight. He gave out the most yellows and reds last season and he's miles ahead of the other refs already this season.

Basically its 10-11 over 45 pts (5 yellows or more)

Stats 11/12

Great site that - QPR are bottom of the booking stats so far in 11-12, Newcastle are 7th highest
                                                                                                      Last edited by Warper; 12-09-11, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Warper View Post
                                                                                                        http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...booking-points

Basically its 10-11 over 45 pts (5 yellows or more)

Stats 11/12

Great site that - QPR are bottom of the booking stats so far in 11-12, Newcastle are 7th highest
                                                                                                        Yeah it evs 45pts on VC.

The site i took actually included Dowd's charity shield game this year which put him a good bit head of Mason.

Here's last years report
                                                                                                        http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...ne_points.html

And last years discipline chart having Newcastle ahead. Wouldnt read much into their three game sample from this season.

Funny when comparing it to the rest of Europe especially La liga how little cards actually get shown in the premiership overall
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Looking for something will a bit of value in the Barce - Milan match as its most likely what I will be watching.

What do people think of over 50 points or more @ 6/5 with PP ?

Yellow Card=10 Points
                                                                                                          Red Card=25 points.

Referee tonight Martin Atkinson has given 4 red cards in his last 9 games and is fond of his yellow cards.

Opr

Comment

They're two very placid sides OPR. Barca collected the least cards in La Liga last season and only got about 1 yellow card a game in the CL last season. Milan got the second lowest in Serie A. Van bommel will prob pick one up as he always seems to do in the bigger games, maybe better looking at him in the anytime market.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Just go Barca minus 1 or Messi to score 2 or more but the bookies are terrified of Messi. Valencia look the bet of the night though.
                                                                                                              Saw Genk play in their CL qualifier which went to penos and they are a poor side.

Comment

I follow a bit of belgium football and while genk can blow hot and cold they are capable of scoring 2 or 3 at home. best avoided.

AC Milan will set up defensively obviously and they have the defensive players to counter barcas threat so I wouldn't be taking barca -1 at a general 4/6.
                                                                                                                Last edited by CheckRaise; 13-09-11, 16:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  Looking for something will a bit of value in the Barce - Milan match as its most likely what I will be watching.

What do people think of over 50 points or more @ 6/5 with PP ?

Yellow Card=10 Points
                                                                                                                  Red Card=25 points.

Referee tonight Martin Atkinson has given 4 red cards in his last 9 games and is fond of his yellow cards.

Opr
                                                                                                                  They're two very placid sides OPR. Barca collected the least cards in La Liga last season and only got about 1 yellow card a game in the CL last season. Milan got the second lowest in Serie A. Van bommel will prob pick one up as he always seems to do in the bigger games, maybe better looking at him in the anytime market.
                                                                                                                  These both won. Van Bommel was even money to pick up a card in the game with PP which he did inside the first 20 minutes. Didn't back either in the end

Opr

Comment

^^ There was 5 yellows in the game= 50 points. You would have needed one more card for that to be a winner as it was a *over* 50 points line
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

^^ There was 5 yellows in the game= 50 points. You would have needed one more card for that to be a winner as it was a *over* 50 points line
                                                                                                                      I just wrote it wrong PP's card index was "50 points or more". Not that it really matters a fuck now

Opr

Comment

Thinking of lumpage on united tonight. Any reason not to?

Comment

Benfica in decent form at home this season, scoring a good amount of goals too but 11/10 with VC for United seems like value to me. Would have them odds on myself.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X