No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone willing to lay spurs bigger than the office prices, I fancy them to do the job tonight

Comment

Inter at 2.5 at the moment is sick good to win tonight! I've complete faith that Josè will get this tactically spot on as usual. If he can keep Messi quite over two legs he can do the same same with Robben. Limiting Robben is half the battle as he's their only real creative genius.

Inter also have more players with big game experience like Lucio, Eto'o, Cambiasso so final nerves is less likely to affect them IMO.
      Last edited by The Situation; 22-05-10, 21:13.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
        Inter at 2.5 at the moment is sick good to win tonight! I've complete faith that Josè will get this tactically spot on as usual. If he can keep Messi quite over two legs he can do the same same with Robben. Limiting Robben is half the battle as he's their only real creative genius.

Inter also have more players with big game experience like Lucio, Eto'o, Cambiasso so final nerves is less likely to affect them IMO.
        Ship ship, Mourinho is God!
        Profit before people.

Comment

Holland to beat Mexico tonight at 1.6 is a complete steal. Mexico have only had 48 hours to recover from their game on Monday, which is crazy considered they've traveled a fair distance between games. Their coach said they're likely to start with the mainly the same team as against England. The Dutch are without Robben and Schneider but should still be far too good with the likes of Van Persie, Van Der Vaart, Kuyt De Jong ect.. Mexico also have in Rafa Marquez the worst defender IMO that will be in the world cup. Trually inept in the last few years!
          Profit before people.

Comment

argies drifted to evens. Doyle fails fitness test and Argie team very strong. Trap not on sideline

Will be having a bit of argentina

england wales double looks bullet proof (famous last words)
            GAA News Website

Comment

Over total goals (14) 11/10 in a few places.....don't say I did not tell you people.
              twitter
              moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                Over total goals (14) 11/10 in a few places.....don't say I did not tell you people.
                WTF are you on about?

total goals this weekend or what?

Comment

Blackburn look good value at 3.75 on the machine to beat Birmingham away.
                  The Brummies were all over the place against S'land while Blackburn were solid if unspectacular against a decent Everton side.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                    Blackburn look good value at 3.75 on the machine to beat Birmingham away.
                    The Brummies were all over the place against S'land while Blackburn were solid if unspectacular against a decent Everton side.
                    Blackburn's record away from home last year was horrendous up until the very end of the season. Birmingham weren't great on the road either. Both teams were top notch at home.

If you want to back Rovers today you really need to back them with the draw. Birmingham last year at home won 8 drew 9 lost 2. Blackburn on the road won 3 drew 5 lost 11.

The outstanding bet today imo is Everton -1 at 13/10.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

With Rooney out today surely Berbatov 9/2 and Hernandez 5/1 are worth a shout for first goal?

Anyone like Stephen Ireland anytime goal @9/2?

Comment

Posted this in BBV may as well do it here too:

Anybody give me action on any of these season long match bets, no need to escrow, just quote or pm me.

Arsenal v Liverpool I'll take 4/6 Arsenal.
                        Arsenal v City I'll take Arsenal 5/6.
                        Chelsea v United I'll take 6/4 United.
                        Liverpool v City I'll take City 4/6
                        City v United I'll take 1/2 United.

Any takers?

Comment

Posted this in BBV may as well do it here too:

Anybody give me action on any of these season long match bets, no need to escrow, just quote or pm me.

Arsenal v Liverpool I'll take 4/6 Arsenal.
                          Arsenal v City I'll take Arsenal 5/6.
                          Chelsea v United I'll take 6/4 United.
                          Liverpool v City I'll take City 4/6
                          City v United I'll take 1/2 United.

Any takers?
                          I am happy to take you on in the Chelsea v United one with me getting Chelsea and you having Man United at 6/4.
                          I know I have a low post count so if you dont want to I will understand, I will leave it up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
                            I am happy to take you on in the Chelsea v United one with me getting Chelsea and you having Man United at 6/4.
                            I know I have a low post count so if you dont want to I will understand, I will leave it up to you.
                            No your reputable, I'll put anything up to $300 on United at 6/4

Comment

No your reputable, I'll put anything up to $300 on United at 6/4
                              About to send a PM to you to sort this

Comment

Originally posted by aya14 View Post
                                no your reputable, i'll put anything up to $300 on united at 6/4
                                booked:d

Comment

2 weekend football bets so far for me.

First is in tonights Super Cup. In 7 out of the previous 12 super cups since it became a one legged game the Europa league winner has come out the victor. This is a high proportion for the supposedly lesser team. Whether it's variance over a low sample base or the Champions league winner has more pressure on them I'm not sure, but it has definitely proved very profitable to back the outsider in this fixture.
                                  Athletico to win at 4.8

Next is my first beefy premiership bet this season. I'm laying Arsenal at 1.66 in the early kick off against Blackburn. Arsenal haven't recorded an away victory against an Allardyce side since 2002(fact bomb). And I think it's fair to say this is a lot weaker Gunner team than most in that period. I'd still be laying them even if this wasn't the case because Blackburn are very hard to beat at Ewood and had one of the better home records last season!
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

2 weekend football bets so far for me.

First is in tonights Super Cup. In 7 out of the previous 12 super cups since it became a one legged game the Europa league winner has come out the victor. This is a high proportion for the supposedly lesser team. Whether it's variance over a low sample base or the Champions league winner has more pressure on them I'm not sure, but it has definitely proved very profitable to back the outsider in this fixture.
                                    Athletico to win at 4.8

Next is my first beefy premiership bet this season. I'm laying Arsenal at 1.66 in the early kick off against Blackburn. Arsenal haven't recorded an away victory against an Allardyce side since 2002(fact bomb). And I think it's fair to say this is a lot weaker Gunner team than most in that period. I'd still be laying them even if this wasn't the case because Blackburn are very hard to beat at Ewood and had one of the better home records last season!
                                    Nice one, well done

Comment

I was trying to put a double on Real Madrid for La Liga and Champions League, but I can't seem to do this as an option on PP. Also there are better odds on Real for CL on other sites but then they don't have odds on Real for La Liga. Is it possible to do an accumulater like this on Betfair?

Anyone here want to offer odds on this bet? Thinking of betting €50

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                        I was trying to put a double on Real Madrid for La Liga and Champions League, but I can't seem to do this as an option on PP. Also there are better odds on Real for CL on other sites but then they don't have odds on Real for La Liga. Is it possible to do an accumulater like this on Betfair?

Anyone here want to offer odds on this bet? Thinking of betting €50

One result affects the odds of the other therefore you wud have to take reduced odds on the double. Not sure how to calculate the double price tho

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                          One result affects the odds of the other therefore you wud have to take reduced odds on the double. Not sure how to calculate the double price tho
                                          Surely the whole 'related contingency' thing wouldn't apply to two seperate competitions though?

unlike top scorer/champions bets?
                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                            Surely the whole 'related contingency' thing wouldn't apply to two seperate competitions though?

unlike top scorer/champions bets?
                                            Nah it does, if they are 12 points clear in La Liga and unbeaten in 20 games then obviously their champions league price will shorten so the two are clearly related.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                              Nah it does, if they are 12 points clear in La Liga and unbeaten in 20 games then obviously their champions league price will shorten so the two are clearly related.
                                              Would this still apply at the start of a season though?

I can see how it would, just wondering.
                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                Would this still apply at the start of a season though?

I can see how it would, just wondering.
                                                Definitely affects it. If they win one they are more likely to be playing well and have a better team, and so win the other.
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Spearing starts for Liverpool tonight

not shy, likes a shot

worth
                                                  0.5 pts ew first goal @ 25/1 !?
                                                  will stay back for all set pieces id imagine

if you fancy a set piece goal
                                                  Soto is 33/1 with Lads (as short as 16/1 with some places)
                                                  and will be the target for all set pieces

_____
                                                  *well that bet didn't last long lol ( i did Spearing not Soto)

BettingZone tipped Cole (about 6/1) and Silva (8/1) first goal last night
                                                  nice double for anyone who did it
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 16-09-10, 19:14. Reason: *

Comment

Rooney looks a bit short round about Evs in the anytime market today. It's very likely in his form that he could be the first striker to be substituted giving how well Berbs is playing which adds a bit of value to laying him. I don't think Rooney will ever being as prolific as he was last season again tbh!
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

chelsea to win by at least 4 goals 7/4. drogba to outscore anelka 7/4. pool utd under 2.5 goals 4/6.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
                                                        chelsea to win by at least 4 goals 7/4. drogba to outscore anelka 7/4. pool utd under 2.5 goals 4/6.
                                                        4/5 on betfair.

Comment

Newcastle widely available at 5/1 in the draw no bet market at City this afternoon. Enough said!
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Newcastle widely available at 5/1 in the draw no bet market at City this afternoon. Enough said!
                                                            I doubt you've watched too much of City at home this season if you think Newcastle are coming away from Eastland with anything other than a good hiding

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                              I doubt you've watched too much of City at home this season if you think Newcastle are coming away from Eastland with anything other than a good hiding
                                                              They've played four games at home. Drew with Blackburn, drew with a very poor Juventus side, beat relegation fodder Lolerpool and admittedly battled out a good win against Chelsea. Good home form but not spectacular. Price is too big, especially after a tough week and a Thursday Europa league game. It's a great bet!
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

It's a great bet!

I really couldn't disagree more. I think it's burning money. But we shall see

Comment

They've played four games at home. Drew with Blackburn, drew with a very poor Juventus side, beat relegation fodder Lolerpool and admittedly battled out a good win against Chelsea. Good home form but not spectacular. Price is too big, especially after a tough week and a Thursday Europa league game. It's a great bet!
                                                                  You're not asking the other question

WHAT HAVE NEWCASTLE DONE TO BE WORTH BACKING?

hammered a gung-ho Blackpool and nicked a win at an Everton team playing awfully

gl anyhu, my FF team hopes you're right

Comment

I like Liverpool -1 @ 5/6 and Chelsea -1 @ 15/8 today for a nice double.
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                      You're not asking the other question

WHAT HAVE NEWCASTLE DONE TO BE WORTH BACKING?

hammered a gung-ho Blackpool and nicked a win at an Everton team playing awfully

gl anyhu, my FF team hopes you're right

They were beaten by Blackpool. They hammered Aston Villa who are anything but gung-ho. I wouldn't belittle the performance against Everton either.

It's more a case of thinking City will underperform than Newcastle being anything special. Stats are there to show that sides are less successful following European fixtures. It's still very much a side that's gelling and these sort of teams are often very inconsistant which city have been for a few years now! City are still more than likely gonna win, but the 5/1 on Newcastle draw no bet is a bit big IMO.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

They were beaten by Blackpool. They hammered Aston Villa who are anything but gung-ho. I wouldn't belittle the performance against Everton either.
                                                                        mixed up Villa and Blackpool with regards to the hammering

Comment

Wouldn't usually moan about losing a bet but Christ that referee was awful. City's pen should never have been given, and Newcastle had a clear penalty not given. Early injuries were also unlucky.

City were as uninspiring as expected and the fact that the man of the match was on the pitch for less than 20 mins sums up how well they played.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

hmm, i have a losing bet refund on betfair,
                                                                            any bets i place before weds get refunded, up to a limit.

I was thinking that its prob +EV to go for some longer shots rather than the obvious winners, thoughts?

Comment

What's the min price you're looking for?

Comment

Manchester United v West Bromwich
                                                                                Derby v Preston
                                                                                Portsmouth v Watford
                                                                                Mainz 05 v Hamburger SV
                                                                                Schalke 04 v VfB Stuttgart
                                                                                Werder Bremen v Freiburg
                                                                                VfL Wolfsburg v Bayer Leverkusen

5pts each on over 2.5 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Straddle View Post
                                                                                  Manchester United v West Bromwich - WIN
                                                                                  Derby v Preston - WIN
                                                                                  Portsmouth v Watford - WIN
                                                                                  Mainz 05 v Hamburger SV - LOSE
                                                                                  Schalke 04 v VfB Stuttgart - WIN
                                                                                  Werder Bremen v Freiburg - WIN
                                                                                  VfL Wolfsburg v Bayer Leverkusen - WIN

5pts each on over 2.5 goals.
                                                                                  Strikerate: 6/7

-----

Leeds v Leicester

5pts over 2.5 goals (1.91 William Hill)

Comment

Man City for a top 2 finish @ 3.05, thoughts?

Comment

Strikerate: 6/7

-----

Leeds v Leicester

Nice minute for you there. Must keep an eye on these, decent strike-rate so far, Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                        Man City for a top 2 finish @ 3.05, thoughts?
                                                                                        really like it

i backed them outright at 7s today

also think theyre too big against arsenal, esp after arsenal big win (city drifted)

hope they get easy win on thur, and get a chance to rest some players. Maybe even let Ade bag a few
                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                          really like it

i backed them outright at 7s today

also think theyre too big against arsenal, esp after arsenal big win (city drifted)

hope they get easy win on thur, and get a chance to rest some players. Maybe even let Ade bag a few
                                                                                          Yeah I backed it last night, they only ones that can stop them from a top 2 is themselves. Good luck with your one!

Comment

Tough to find much value in European ties this week. Usually do very well in English vs Italian games, the Inter Spurs match looks to be priced up fairly but I like the look of Sami Eto'o in the anytime goalscorer market. He scored more goals than games played this year enjoying a more central role under Rafa( whether this is a good thing in the long run for Inter is another argument) Spurs give it a go wherever they play which makes for great games but they also have and will conceed plenty especially on the road in Europe. I'd be taking anything Evs or > on said bet.

Valencia look a little short in their game at Rangers tonight. I'm not usually in the business of opposing Spanish team over SPL ones but Rangers have been in excellant form all year both domesticaly and in Europe and this sort of run always breeds confidence among players and fans and Ibrox would be a tough place for anyone to get a result tonight. Valencia also are coming off a pretty tough game at Barca last weekend and these games always take more out of players mentally. Lay Valencia.
                                                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 20-10-10, 11:13.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

valencia are third in arguably the most competitive league in the world. They were equally as good if not better than man united in their last game.
                                                                                              meanwhile rangers have beaten a terrible burzaspor team, and set up the gates and got away with a lucky point against united. Being unbeaten in the scottish prem really doesnt say much, if anything they are over achieving (lets not forget celtic were 4t9 best price at the start of the season)

Valencia are expected to play soldado up front on his own, and with a superior team i really cant imagine them being ripped apart. With rangers being forced to press because of home advantage i cant see them winning this game, theyll be playing right into valencia. As short as valencia are, its a valid price i believe. Think ive missed the price on them although wont be opposing them!

I do like unders in that game though

the spurs match - dont forget ledley king is out - as expected, and the very influential van de vaart is suspended. With a plethora of players for the middle of the park they wont be too effected, but i expect them to play 1 up top. Price moved on inter a little too much, ill be avoiding it myself

I like man united to win with a clean sheet tonight. Burzaspor have failed to score in many games, and theres no reason that they should against a 1.27 team theyre playing tonight. Really like this bet

Ive opposed panathanikos too

Gerrard and torres rested tomorow night - evens very good on liverpool. Its going to go off 10/11 or shorter id imagine
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

I assume you meant Napoli at Evens tomorrow^^^. Yeah I was actually on that before it was even announced that Torres and Gerrard were missing so that was an added bonus. Napoli are one of the best up and coming teams in Europe, very talented attacking young players like Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Leeds v Leicester - WIN

Strike rate: 7/8

-----

Young Boys v OB* (1.68 Ladbrokes)
                                                                                                  Sporting Lisbon v Gent (1.78 Ladbrokes)
                                                                                                  Bor Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain** (1.78 Ladbrokes)

*Heavily dependent on starting lineup -- OB: H. Andreasen, P. Utaka
                                                                                                  ** Dependent on Nene starting for PSG

5pts each over 2.5 goals

Comment

Tough to find much value in European ties this week. Usually do very well in English vs Italian games, the Inter Spurs match looks to be priced up fairly but I like the look of Sami Eto'o in the anytime goalscorer market. He scored more goals than games played this year enjoying a more central role under Rafa( whether this is a good thing in the long run for Inter is another argument) Spurs give it a go wherever they play which makes for great games but they also have and will conceed plenty especially on the road in Europe. I'd be taking anything Evs or > on said bet.

Valencia look a little short in their game at Rangers tonight. I'm not usually in the business of opposing Spanish team over SPL ones but Rangers have been in excellant form all year both domesticaly and in Europe and this sort of run always breeds confidence among players and fans and Ibrox would be a tough place for anyone to get a result tonight. Valencia also are coming off a pretty tough game at Barca last weekend and these games always take more out of players mentally. Lay Valencia.
                                                                                                    Ship ship, very successful night. Also layed the crap out of Inter to score the next goal when they went 4 up. It's one of the most misinformed facts outside of Italy that Italian teams very very very rarely win by greater than 4 goals, plenty of 5-1's or 6-2's but if a team goes four up they never rub it in and
                                                                                                    score again.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Ship ship, very successful night. Also layed the crap out of Inter to score the next goal when they went 4 up. It's one of the most misinformed facts outside of Italy that Italian teams very very very rarely win by greater than 4 goals, plenty of 5-1's or 6-2's but if a team goes four up they never rub it in and
                                                                                                      score again.
                                                                                                      V good night for me too. Ended up with a decent sweat though, with panathinaikos scoring and being disallowed, spurs getting 3 back, and rangers being one up at half time.

Ended up in the same direction as a lot of the stuff posted here despite doing a completely unrelated thing strategically (perhaps...).

Might be paying a little visit to Laddies in the morning regarding Napoli .

Comment

yeh i think we all got there to the same point - although many different routes
                                                                                                        the unders in rangers game was bigger sweat
                                                                                                        united clean shit pisd it
                                                                                                        also the pana disalowed goal killed me (i checked bf immediately and draw was still 1/2 )

no tevez tomoro night. Opposing liverpool too. not sure what else for now
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Focusing on two games tonight. The first as stated yesterday Napoli to beat Liverpool at Evs (might be tough to get that price now). Also getting on Cavani at 13/8 in the anytime goalscorer. Like Eto'o he's scored more goals than game played (14/13 in all competitions+internationas), couple this with a very leaky Liverpool defence on the road this season which makes it good value imo.

The other game is the Red Bull Salzburg vs Juventus. Juventus at 5/6 is arguably even better than the Napoli bet. Red Bull are currently lieing seventh in a league that is 19th in the European coefficiants, they've been beaten compfortably in both Europa league games so far. In contrast Juventus have been in very good form after a slow start mainly due to time needed for the new squad to gel, but recently they've picked up a good draw with Inter and two big wins, beating Lecce 4-0 at the weekend largly due to the genius of Krasic.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

The Racing Post has persuaded me to get on Atletico Madrid on the asian -1.5 @ 2.01

Comment

Starting Lineups from 5pm:

Young Boys v OB
                                                                                                              Bor Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain

Comment

-----

Young Boys v OB* (1.68 Ladbrokes)
                                                                                                                Sporting Lisbon v Gent (1.78 Ladbrokes)
                                                                                                                Bor Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain** (1.78 Ladbrokes)

5pts each over 2.5 goals
                                                                                                                Very good stradle, 2/3 ain't bad at all. Nice and early in the Lisbon game. Keep em coming.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

-----

Young Boys v OB* (1.68 Ladbrokes) - WIN
                                                                                                                  Sporting Lisbon v Gent (1.78 Ladbrokes) - WIN
                                                                                                                  Bor Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain** (1.78 Ladbrokes) - LOSE

5pts each over 2.5 goals
                                                                                                                  Strike Rate: 9/11

-----

Japanese J League FC Tokyo v Albirex Niigata
                                                                                                                  Championship Watford v Scunthorpe
                                                                                                                  Dutch Eredivisie De Graafschap v Heracles

5 pts each, over 2.5 goals.

Comment

some winning keep it going!!

im opposing west brom, arsenal and to a lesser extent west ham

is someone going to give andy carroll a lift to the ground?
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Laying Spurs at evs in the early kick off tomorrow. Everton are not the sort of team you'd like to face after only two and a half days rest from a tough European away tie. They've bounced back well from another shocking start to the season with two wins recently, and have a really good record against Spurs at WHL. Think they're fairly evenly matched in term of ability with maybe Spurs shading it up front, but the aforementioned lack of recovery time will play a huge factor imo!

Also backing Lazio at 8/11 on Sunday at home to Cagliari. Cagliari are pretty poor away from Sardinia, not winning an away tie since last January. In contrast Lazio are riding high at the top of the table, been brilliant at home and should keep the run going here.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

think villa @ 12/5 is any use?

Comment

I'd lay it at 12/5 FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X