Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
    Ill give you the same bet so but i want 6/4. quote to book altho assuming the way you said above its obviously booked!
    i'll happily take the same bet as you gave him.

edit: just to be clear i mean at evns
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-04-10, 22:42.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
      i'll happily take the same bet as you gave him.
      Booked

Comment

Tiger's price is yet again completely insane.

He's two behind POULTER AND WESTWOOD ffs, he should be evens.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
          Tiger's price is yet again completely insane.

He's two behind POULTER AND WESTWOOD ffs, he should be evens.
          They are both legends. That's prob why. Woods is done.

Comment

They are both legends. That's prob why. Woods is done.
            He hardly done now Edward, chill the beanies. I'm delighted with My poulter bet.
            I'm flying in 2010

i had Westwood last week and Kj and KIm a few weeks ago, (but crossbarred) now they are all flying. Another crossbar beckons. Woods done ok today, he is hardly setting the course on fire and two more rounds of two under par won't be enough, he is more or less taken up where he left off and if ye recall it was a bit stagnant from him. Fair play though to be in contention. Take it down Poulter. (gota lay some off though.)

Comment

backing O'Hair for top ten, gonna lay Poulter top 5/10

Comment

Personally I think Poulter is the biggest danger to Tiger. I was thinking strongly of backing him at the start but didn't pull the trigger. The man has really stepped it up a notch this year, even watching him he just seems to be more focused this year than in previous years. Wonder if he is working with Rotella or one of those gurus?
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                  backing O'Hair for top ten, gonna lay Poulter top 5/10
                  What price is poulter for top 5 and for top 10? I might have a bet with you. Will escrow obv if you want.

Comment

Its a scary weekend for sport in general, the national, UFC onat a decent time and of course the golf....

For what its worth i backed Weir ew @ 80/1..out to 200's

Just had a look at boyles and tiger is 5/2...think i may be having a large bet on him as i firmly believe he is going to fire 67/66 today and put the shits up the lads at the top of the leaderboard.
                    Last edited by Jaysoose; 10-04-10, 11:24.

Comment

My heart is telling me to lay the absolute sh!t out of Westwood but i just cant pull the trigger

Comment

layed poulter. still on woods - being able to lay him and cheer home the all-time hero . . . This could be the most epic weekend ever

(woods to win, poulter 6th after double boogeying the 18th on sunday )
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Not sure why everyone thinks Poulter is going to collapse.

Think Westwood more likely to implode than Poulter.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                            layed poulter. still on woods - being able to lay him and cheer home the all-time hero . . . This could be the most epic weekend ever

(woods to win, poulter 6th after double boogeying the 18th on sunday )
                            damn you ALL to hell, if that happens.

Last edited by Solskjaer; 10-04-10, 13:23.

Comment

ok i pulled the trigger. Layed Westwood and backed woods - Bring it home T Dog

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                ok i pulled the trigger. Layed Westwood and backed woods - Bring it home T Dog
                                PP just offered enhanced odds on Woods from 11 to 4 from 9 to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                  PP just offered enhanced odds on Woods from 11 to 4 from 9 to 4.
                                  FAIL

Comment

FAIL
                                    well it's a grammar fail about enhanced odds. a REAl fail is starting a thread about a hot tip for a 3 legged donkey .

Comment

well it's a grammar fail about enhanced odds. a REAl fail is starting a thread about a hot tip for a 3 legged donkey .
                                      It was dame oneils fault william. Keep an eye on that horse

Comment

Well have stumped up €50 on tiger at 5/2 and had a 5 ew on KJ choi at 14/1 ...thats all my bets done...

Comment

Tiger pays for Vegas if he hits evens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                            Its a scary weekend for sport in general, the national, UFC onat a decent time and of course the golf....

For what its worth i backed Weir ew @ 80/1..out to 200's

Just had a look at boyles and tiger is 5/2...think i may be having a large bet on him as i firmly believe he is going to fire 67/66 today and put the shits up the lads at the top of the leaderboard.
                                            Tiger looks a great bet @ 7/2 with boyles to be 3rd round leader if you think he'll shoot a low one.

Comment

Good shout from the Poulter layers so far.

Even dressed down today, very strange.

Comment

BBV thread is epic tonight. Shame i can't post there.

It's hilarious seeing people that think tiger is in with a shot. He'll be lucky to make the top 5.

PL/C-Kid you should do what PP do sometimes and pay me early

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid
                                                  Apparently a lot of bookmakers are paying 250% bonuses on any winning National bets, in order to take advantage of the offer you just have to write " + Tiger Woods to win the Masters 5/2" on your slip.
                                                  ROFL

He's done. Just as i have been telling you all along. The days of Tiger being a big fav at the start of any tourney are long gone. WOn't be long b4 he losses the number 1 spot in the rankings.

Comment

LOL i really am in a good mood. Tiger is finished. The final stepping stone which made me hate the cnut was him and his sponsors trying to make money from his own misfortune (dads death) with that advert the other day. Pure scummy.

Wont be long before hes knocked of the number 1 spot

Comment

LOL i really am in a good mood. Tiger is finished. The final stepping stone which made me hate the cnut was him and his sponsors trying to make money from his own misfortune (dads death) with that advert the other day. Pure scummy.

So can I add golf to the list of things ya know little about ?

Comment

So can I add golf to the list of things ya know little about ?
                                                        What is this list?

And whats on it.

Comment

What is this list?

And whats on it.
                                                          this is top of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense

Comment

Comment

Ill tell ya one thing i do know!

United are winning fck all else this season!

Comment

poulter steeped to get out of that with a 74, played bad enough to shoot 76/7. Dangerous enough now with the place lays because with no chance of winning he can shoot a good round, fingers crossed he still thinks he's in with a chance.

Comment

ROFL

He's done. Just as i have been telling you all along. The days of Tiger being a big fav at the start of any tourney are long gone. WOn't be long b4 he losses the number 1 spot in the rankings.
                                                                  This has to be a pisstake. I think this is an unbelievable performance. No other golfer in the world could come back out after that and play so well despite lacking in the strongest part of their game (ie putting) from lack of practice. Even when he is in top form being in this position after 3 rounds is an exceptionally good performance. If he keeps playing like this, and doesn't even get back to putting as amazingly as he can, he's still so much better than everyone else.
                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

He stayed at home for 6 months and they couldn't pass him, what chance do they have now he's actually on the golf course

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                      This has to be a pisstake. I think this is an unbelievable performance. No other golfer in the world could come back out after that (Well we dont have anything to compare it with as no other golfer has acted like a complete scummy individual like tiger so you can't really make this judgement) and play so well despite lacking in the strongest part of their game (ie putting) from lack of practice. Even when he is in top form being in this position after 3 rounds is an exceptionally good performance(Sure you could say that about anyone out of form!!). If he keeps playing like this, and doesn't even get back to putting as amazingly as he can, he's still so much better than everyone else.(he used to be. Im sure he'll win some tournaments agai but he does not have an edge anymore as big as he used to which imo is brilliant for golf)

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                        He stayed at home for 6 months and they couldn't pass him, what chance do they have now he's actually on the golf course
                                                                        Obviously as he was so far ahead. His edge is now completly gone so will be passed soon enough.

Anyone who has made money from him in golf should be happy and just stop backing him unless his prices get bigger. The days of him being a 3/1 shot at the start of a tourney are long gone. But im sure the bookies will still keep doing it. And the tiger lovers will continue to back him therefore ensuring the bookies win lost of money!

Comment

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

Comment

Obviously as he was so far ahead. His edge is now completly gone so will be passed soon enough.

Anyone who has made money from him in golf should be happy and just stop backing him unless his prices get bigger. The days of him being a 3/1 shot at the start of a tourney are long gone. But im sure the bookies will still keep doing it. And the tiger lovers will continue to back him therefore ensuring the bookies win lost of money!
                                                                            Most people reach their golfing prime between the ages of 32 and 45, Tiger is 34. Of the top 5 heading into the final round the only one younger than him is Ian Poulter who is 1 month younger.

Most winners of majors are in their mid to late thirties.

Thinking that Tiger Woods is even close to finished is ludicrous.

You do realise that he won 7 of the 19 tournaments he played on the PGA Tour last year which means backing him at 3/1 is massive.

So my advice to you is go away and read up on the game and maybe then you might get some respect from other golf fans here, although after your posts in this thread that might not happen.

I'm not sure how long it would take for somebody to overtake him as World No.1 but I can tell you he is still miles clear of the field and he stretches even further away from most of them after this week.
                                                                            Last edited by eagle eye; 11-04-10, 01:40.
                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Ricky Barnes at 2.97 is pretty big in a 2 ball vs Poulter market today imo.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
                                                                                Straight from the horses mouth that is

Its my opinion and not a level. He will obv still win tourneys but he has lost his edge totally so in that sense unless the bokies start making his odds bigger at the start of tournies then you will lose money betting on him. ffs its like half the United team dying in a pane crash but still being the same odds to win the title.

I quote this in a few years when im right and he has been winning nothing.

Comment

possibly the most clueless individual of all time...

Tiger will be as successful as before for another 5 years minimum. And hopefully scoop tonight .

Comment

I really hope tiger scoops today a final round charge would be amazing. anybody know what time he tees off at (our time)

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                      possibly the most clueless individual of all time...

Tiger will be as successful as before for another 5 years minimum. And hopefully scoop tonight .
                                                                                      While many will think im just trolling its seriously not. but how can you make the comment above that ive bolded without anything to back it up. Its just ridiculous. There valent reasons about why i could be right but yet all the people in love with tiger have nothing to back up that he will still be good.

Oh and he certainly wont be scooping anything today

Ive backed westwood. Goooo Westwood!!

Comment

westwood is going to bottle it like he always does

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                                                                          take Furyk please
                                                                                          Think 25euro = $33.50

Can you ship on stars if possible?

Comment

Tee-off times for the final round of The Masters at Augusta National (US unless stated, all times BST):

(x) denotes amateurs

1540: Chad Campbell, Nathan Green (Aus)

1550: Jason Dufner, Robert Allenby (Aus)

1600: Retief Goosen (Rsa), Robert Karlsson (Swe)

1610: Sergio Garcia (Spa), Zach Johnson

1620: Ben Crane, Steve Stricker

1630: (x) Matteo Manassero (Ita), Dustin Johnson

1640: Mike Weir (Can), Ernie Els (Rsa)

1650: Francesco Molinari (Ita), Scott Verplank

1700: Yuta Ikeda (Jpn), Miguel Angel Jimenez (Spa)

1710: Ryan Moore, Lucas Glover

1720: Charl Schwartzel (Rsa), Matt Kuchar

1730: Soren Kjeldsen (Den), Camilo Villegas (Col)

1750: Steve Flesch, Adam Scott (Aus)

1800: Kenny Perry, Angel Cabrera (Arg)

1810: Nick Watney, Sean O'Hair

1820: David Toms, Heath Slocum

1830: Trevor Immelman (Rsa), Geoff Ogilvy (Aus)

1840: Bill Haas, Tom Watson

1850: Jerry Kelly, Steve Marino

1900: Y.E. Yang (Kor), Anthony Kim

1910: Ian Poulter (Eng), Ricky Barnes

1920: Fred Couples, Hunter Mahan

1930: Tiger Woods, K J Choi (Kor)

1940: Lee Westwood (Eng), Phil Mickelson

Comment

While many will think im just trolling its seriously not. but how can you make the comment above that ive bolded without anything to back it up. Its just ridiculous. There valent reasons about why i could be right but yet all the people in love with tiger have nothing to back up that he will still be good.

Eagle Eye's post gave some very good information to back up the contention that he will compete at an elite level for years yet.

Deciding to prepare the obituary for a golfer on a day where he starts his last round at Augusta four shots off the lead; despite a long lay off; and in the season following him winning 7 of 19 PGA tournaments started in 2009 is, well...a little hard to swallow to be quite honest.
                                                                                              Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 11-04-10, 10:58.
                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                                                                                take Furyk please
                                                                                                westwood is going to bottle it like he always does
                                                                                                Meh ive only a 10er on him. So long as he stays ahead of Woods ill be scooping my bets with Phantomlord and c-kid.

Comment

Lads, is local time in Augusta GMT-5 or GMT-6?
                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                    pretty sure its -5

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                      -5.

Comment

Cheers lads.

Comment

will you lay me 7/4 in a twoball today versus westwood?

considering tiger is so past it

????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by atufone View Post
                                                                                                            will you lay me 7/4 in a twoball today versus westwood?

considering tiger is so past it

????????????????????????????
                                                                                                            id like some of this action but id take a small bet maybe $20 at 6/4 if anyone is offering?

Comment

id like some of this action but id take a small bet maybe $20 at 6/4 if anyone is offering?
                                                                                                              are u offering to lay me 6/4 woods versus westwoods??

Comment

Originally posted by atufone View Post
                                                                                                                are u offering to lay me 6/4 woods versus westwoods??
                                                                                                                nah i was looking for 6/4 on woods v westwood

Comment

nah i was looking for 6/4 on woods v westwood

its better to wait on a price to be refused before you lower your bid

Comment

ha sorry

im also looking for someone to lay me a price on tiger v (the field - Big phil)

Comment

ha sorry

im also looking for someone to lay me a price on tiger v (the field - Big phil)
                                                                                                                      2/1 for woods vs (the field less mickleson)

Is that Woods vs Westwood just a match bet for today or for tournament scores?
                                                                                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

is that 2/1 for today or tournament?

Comment

curious as to how u developed this price??

thats if i am right in thinking its outright winner price???

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X