Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
    Have big bets on Rose and Colstaerts in their Day 1 matches. Was able to get on at pre tee off prices nearly 6 holes in to the round. Both Rose and Colstaerts were already well up.
    did you get paid ?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
      did you get paid ?
      Real strange. No problem until about 10 minutes after they teed off today, then all my bets on Colsaerts had been cancelled and refunded. My Rose bets were still open. Rose was suddenly all square so big sweat for about an hour thinking I might end up a big loser after all. Rose won and they paid out but said they didnt pay out on Colsaerts because bet wasnt supposed to be up as he had already teed off. Rose teed off ahead of him though so dont know what was going on.

Surely they should of either cancelled or paid out on both bets.

Comment

Real strange. No problem until about 10 minutes after they teed off today, then all my bets on Colsaerts had been cancelled and refunded. My Rose bets were still open. Rose was suddenly all square so big sweat for about an hour thinking I might end up a big loser after all. Rose won and they paid out but said they didnt pay out on Colsaerts because bet wasnt supposed to be up as he had already teed off. Rose teed off ahead of him though so dont know what was going on.

Surely they should of either cancelled or paid out on both bets.
        who was it with ? I wasn't fancying you chances of getting paid tbh they'd be well within there rights to pull the palpable error rule - but yeah they should of cancelled both, strange

Comment

maybe when they noticed the error rose price in running was similar to the sp so they let it stand where as colsaerts price was dramatically reduced so they cancelled it.

I agree though both should have been cancelled if thats the case but your up money so how bad

Comment

Was with Party. Happy enough with the result. Rose was 1/16 on paddy power when I got on Rose at 1.52

Comment

go wan lowry.

tempted to back rory now though he cannot be making them chips for the run in.

Comment

Was with Party. Happy enough with the result. Rose was 1/16 on paddy power when I got on Rose at 1.52
                it's definitely a result

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  Not sure if any on here follow Dave Tindall, Sky Sports Golf Editor, on twitter. He has put forward an interesting theory on McIlroy. Obv read the below from the bottom up.

Twas freezing when he blew up in the Masters that time.

Comment

Opposing a load of favorites in match bets today.

Hanson v Simpson
                    Noren v McDowell
                    Cabero-Bello v Kaymer
                    Sterne v Mahan
                    Olesen v Clark
                    Van Pelt v Poulter
                    Kuchar v Garcia
                    Colsaerts v Rose

Comment

Great shot G-Mac

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                        who was it with ? I wasn't fancying you chances of getting paid tbh they'd be well within there rights to pull the palpable error rule - but yeah they should of cancelled both, strange

It's sounds unfair but hardly that strange. Bookies apply these rules to suit themselves

Comment

Fuck this thing, it's is a fucking bookmakers dream - I'm going playing poker and drinking tomorrow

Comment

Please take me back to losing in ordinary golf tourneys, false hope when your man only has to beat one opponent, pity Simpson can't putt

Comment

quick head up for anyone who bets top ten golf markets - the betfair "fixed odds" markets are extremely competitive on this, best priced on 50% + of the fields for the last 4/5 weeks. Also worth checking the outright market, they go best priced the odd few, Rory 14/1 this week for example.

Comment

I backed Fichart pre last week @ 26s and of all the threats i was looking at Sat night i thought Dewie would be the least (shows how much i know). Not to worry he paid me off big time a couple of weeks ago. Going for a few outsiders this week Ogilvy, Hansen and Howell III. Also a few € on Corks' Bradley @ 27s. Like the prices of the 'first round leader' for tonight Sergio @ 45 Westwood @ 39s and Phil @ 29s.

Comment

I had €300 up on Betfair asking for 40s Adam Scott for the US Masters. He traded at 38s, then shot a closing 64 in Doral yesterday and his price is now 29 for the US Masters.

Age 32, played US Masters 11 times (!), 8th in 2012, 2nd in 2011, 2nd in British Open in 2012.
                                  Schwartzel's four birdie finish in 2011 pipped Scott in the Masters.
                                  Scott's four bogey finish in the Open last year handed it to Els.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                    I had €300 up on Betfair asking for 40s Adam Scott for the US Masters. He traded at 38s, then shot a closing 64 in Doral yesterday and his price is now 29 for the US Masters.

Age 32, played US Masters 11 times (!), 8th in 2012, 2nd in 2011, 2nd in British Open in 2012.
                                    Schwartzel's four birdie finish in 2011 pipped Scott in the Masters.
                                    Scott's four bogey finish in the Open last year handed it to Els.
                                    You remember this, right?

Comment

Disappointing not to see a CKid Tiger photo montage

had a good WCG, needed it, confidence was on the floor after riveria/matchplay/honda

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                        You remember this, right?
                                        A hazy memory. If he is well ahead in the Masters I'll sell out.
                                        I do remember Thomas Bjorn dropping 4 shots in the last 4 holes in the 2003 Open more clearly. I had €250 at 100/1 and no Betfair account.

Comment

Any decent stream for Tampa Bay Champs?

Have a small interest ew in Kohles and Luuuuuuuuke for the win

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                            Any decent stream for Tampa Bay Champs?

Have a small interest ew in Kohles and Luuuuuuuuke for the win
                                            try firstrow.eu usually has it

Comment

If you were inclined to punt someone in the Masters at this stage( I'm not), betfair fixed are clear best the top three in betting, 4/1 Woods 10/1 Rory 14/1 Phil

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

watch from 1.50 for some Phil magic

Comment

Birdie machine Chris Kirk ticks all the right boxes this week. Four rounds in the mid-sixties here in 2011 saw him in a tie for second place behind Phil Mickelson and it's definitely a course that will suit. Kirk ranks 4th in par four birdies this season, an eye catching 1st in approaches from 125-150 yards and 10th in putting from 5-15'. Best price 40s now.

Comment

Irish Times Fantasy Golf is open for registration. I've started a private league @ €20 a head if anyone's interested.

Here's the link to set yourself up with a team. http://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Y'all talk a good game in here, annual Masters Comp here http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...382#post691382

roll up

Comment

I didn't back Adam Scott for the US Masters as his price dropped. My current choice is Webb Simpson on offer at 100s on Betfair.

I had a look at the longest drives on the PGA tour this year. You probably saw on TV Phil Mickelson hit the longest drive in 2013 of 450 yards, most of it along a golf buggy track.
                                                      I decided to count how many long drives (pgatour.com) players hit. The site lists the top 999 drives, with 335 yards the shortest drive counting. Dustin Johnson has 34 drives in the list. My idea is you need to hit long drives at Augusta, and a player who consistently hits 335+ yards might be a contender. Afaik long drives do not need to end in the fairway to count in the list. Hitting long drives is also a sign of confidence in your swing. Tiger Woods doesn't hit many long drives, probably because he keeps the driver in the bag. And some of the players do not play the US Tour (much) so didn't have the opportunity.
                                                      The list is edited to remove the long hitters who did not qualify for the US masters.
                                                      SPOILER

PLAYER____________Count__Odds
                                                      Johnson, Dustin_______34____36
                                                      Watson, Bubba_______32____44
                                                      Piercy, Scott_________32____390
                                                      Bradley, Keegan_______26____36
                                                      Simpson, Webb_______20____100
                                                      Pettersson, Carl_______19____440
                                                      Cabrera, Angel________17____120
                                                      Watney, Nick__________16____85
                                                      Garrigus, Robert_______16____280
                                                      Woodland, Gary________16____640
                                                      Stanley, Kyle__________14____750
                                                      Leishman, Marc________14____840
                                                      Colsaerts, Nicolas______12____110
                                                      Poulter, Ian___________11____55
                                                      Fowler, Rickie_________11____60
                                                      Dufner, Jason_________11____85
                                                      Wagner, Johnson_______11____960
                                                      Curtis, Ben___________10____690
                                                      Day, Jason____________9____64
                                                      Stricker, Steve________9____70
                                                      Haas, Bill_____________9____90
                                                      Snedeker, Brandt______8____38
                                                      Kuchar, Matt__________8____40
                                                      Mahan, Hunter_________8____55
                                                      Johnson, Zach_________8____180
                                                      Huh, John_____________8____580
                                                      O'Hair, Sean__________8____640
                                                      Singh, Vijay___________6____340
                                                      Moore, Ryan___________6____350
                                                      Baddeley, Aaron_______6____440
                                                      Potter, Jr, Ted________6____920
                                                      McIlroy, Rory__________4____12
                                                      Mickelson, Phil________4____14
                                                      Harrington, Padraig____4____80
                                                      Coetzee, George_______4____130
                                                      Howell III, Charles_____4____250
                                                      Grace, Branden________4____330
                                                      Henley, Russell________4____380
                                                      Overton, Jeff_________4____390
                                                      Streelman, Kevin______4____510
                                                      Westwood, Lee________3____30
                                                      Oosthuizen, Louis______3____32
                                                      Glover, Lucas_________3____690
                                                      Woods, Tiger__________2____5
                                                      Schwartzel, Charl_____2____29
                                                      Hanson, Peter_________2____100
                                                      Choi, K J ____________2____130
                                                      Jacobson, Freddie_____2____150
                                                      Cink, Stewart_________2____250
                                                      Ishikawa, Ryo_________2____560
                                                      Na, Kevin_____________2____650
                                                      Rose, Justin__________1____23
                                                      Scott, Adam__________1____32
                                                      Garcia, Sergio________1____46
                                                      Stenson, Henrik_______1____65
                                                      Kaymer, Martin________1____150
                                                      Van Pelt, Bo__________1____150
                                                      Els, Ernie____________1____170
                                                      Olesen, Thorbjorn_____1____210
                                                      Yang, Y E ____________1____340
                                                      Laird, Martin_________1____420
                                                      Merrick, John_________1____430
                                                      Thompson, Michael_____1____510
                                                      Donaldson, Jamie______1____520
                                                      Gay, Brian____________1____680
                                                      Noh, Seung-Yul________1____810
                                                      Donald, Luke__________0____44
                                                      McDowell, Graeme______0____70
                                                      Furyk, Jim____________0____90
                                                      Sterne, Richard_______0____250
                                                      Molinari, Francesco____0____260
                                                      Manassero, Matteo_____0____280
                                                      Couples, Fred_________0____280
                                                      Ogilvy, Geoff_________0____280
                                                      Clark, Tim____________0____320
                                                      Points, D A___________0____330
                                                      Goosen, Retief________0____370
                                                      Fernandez-Castano, Gon0____410
                                                      Senden, John__________0____480
                                                      Immelman, Trevor______0____530
                                                      Bjorn, Thomas_________0____550
                                                      Lawrie, Paul__________0____570
                                                      Toms. David___________0____680
                                                      Byrd, Jonathan________0____680
                                                      Lynn, David___________0____710
                                                      Karlsson, Robert______0____800

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                        I didn't back Adam Scott for the US Masters as his price dropped. My current choice is Webb Simpson on offer at 100s on Betfair.

I had a look at the longest drives on the PGA tour this year. You probably saw on TV Phil Mickelson hit the longest drive in 2013 of 450 yards, most of it along a golf buggy track.
                                                        I decided to count how many long drives (pgatour.com) players hit. The site lists the top 999 drives, with 335 yards the shortest drive counting. Dustin Johnson has 34 drives in the list. My idea is you need to hit long drives at Augusta, and a player who consistently hits 335+ yards might be a contender. Afaik long drives do not need to end in the fairway to count in the list. Hitting long drives is also a sign of confidence in your swing. Tiger Woods doesn't hit many long drives, probably because he keeps the driver in the bag. And some of the players do not play the US Tour (much) so didn't have the opportunity.
                                                        The list is edited to remove the long hitters who did not qualify for the US masters.
                                                        SPOILER

PLAYER____________Count__Odds
                                                        Johnson, Dustin_______34____36
                                                        Watson, Bubba_______32____44
                                                        Piercy, Scott_________32____390
                                                        Bradley, Keegan_______26____36
                                                        Simpson, Webb_______20____100
                                                        Pettersson, Carl_______19____440
                                                        Cabrera, Angel________17____120
                                                        Watney, Nick__________16____85
                                                        Garrigus, Robert_______16____280
                                                        Woodland, Gary________16____640
                                                        Stanley, Kyle__________14____750
                                                        Leishman, Marc________14____840
                                                        Colsaerts, Nicolas______12____110
                                                        Poulter, Ian___________11____55
                                                        Fowler, Rickie_________11____60
                                                        Dufner, Jason_________11____85
                                                        Wagner, Johnson_______11____960
                                                        Curtis, Ben___________10____690
                                                        Day, Jason____________9____64
                                                        Stricker, Steve________9____70
                                                        Haas, Bill_____________9____90
                                                        Snedeker, Brandt______8____38
                                                        Kuchar, Matt__________8____40
                                                        Mahan, Hunter_________8____55
                                                        Johnson, Zach_________8____180
                                                        Huh, John_____________8____580
                                                        O'Hair, Sean__________8____640
                                                        Singh, Vijay___________6____340
                                                        Moore, Ryan___________6____350
                                                        Baddeley, Aaron_______6____440
                                                        Potter, Jr, Ted________6____920
                                                        McIlroy, Rory__________4____12
                                                        Mickelson, Phil________4____14
                                                        Harrington, Padraig____4____80
                                                        Coetzee, George_______4____130
                                                        Howell III, Charles_____4____250
                                                        Grace, Branden________4____330
                                                        Henley, Russell________4____380
                                                        Overton, Jeff_________4____390
                                                        Streelman, Kevin______4____510
                                                        Westwood, Lee________3____30
                                                        Oosthuizen, Louis______3____32
                                                        Glover, Lucas_________3____690
                                                        Woods, Tiger__________2____5
                                                        Schwartzel, Charl_____2____29
                                                        Hanson, Peter_________2____100
                                                        Choi, K J ____________2____130
                                                        Jacobson, Freddie_____2____150
                                                        Cink, Stewart_________2____250
                                                        Ishikawa, Ryo_________2____560
                                                        Na, Kevin_____________2____650
                                                        Rose, Justin__________1____23
                                                        Scott, Adam__________1____32
                                                        Garcia, Sergio________1____46
                                                        Stenson, Henrik_______1____65
                                                        Kaymer, Martin________1____150
                                                        Van Pelt, Bo__________1____150
                                                        Els, Ernie____________1____170
                                                        Olesen, Thorbjorn_____1____210
                                                        Yang, Y E ____________1____340
                                                        Laird, Martin_________1____420
                                                        Merrick, John_________1____430
                                                        Thompson, Michael_____1____510
                                                        Donaldson, Jamie______1____520
                                                        Gay, Brian____________1____680
                                                        Noh, Seung-Yul________1____810
                                                        Donald, Luke__________0____44
                                                        McDowell, Graeme______0____70
                                                        Furyk, Jim____________0____90
                                                        Sterne, Richard_______0____250
                                                        Molinari, Francesco____0____260
                                                        Manassero, Matteo_____0____280
                                                        Couples, Fred_________0____280
                                                        Ogilvy, Geoff_________0____280
                                                        Clark, Tim____________0____320
                                                        Points, D A___________0____330
                                                        Goosen, Retief________0____370
                                                        Fernandez-Castano, Gon0____410
                                                        Senden, John__________0____480
                                                        Immelman, Trevor______0____530
                                                        Bjorn, Thomas_________0____550
                                                        Lawrie, Paul__________0____570
                                                        Toms. David___________0____680
                                                        Byrd, Jonathan________0____680
                                                        Lynn, David___________0____710
                                                        Karlsson, Robert______0____800
                                                        I'm not sure this is a relevant stat for this week. McIlroy and Tiger hit it as far as anyone and rank way down in that list. Also it's not quite a an accurate reflection because not all golfers on the list have played as many rounds as each other. For example Colstaerts has played maybe 8-12 rounds on the PGA Tour this year which would be far far lower than any of the higher ranking players.

I think it's a myth that length is crucial to winning at Augusta. I mean to say that length is no more an important factor than at any other PGA event or Major. Given the fact that 13/15 in particular are reachable par 5s for all the field, I would argue that length is an overvalued factor. Granted a lot of the past winners were big hitters in recent years Cabera, Woods, Mickelson, Watson etc but they were all proven winners before winning and very much fancied to do well. Not many "novelty distance" players have ever done well. On the flip side, guys like Mike Weir and Trevor Immeleman have won while each year shorter hitters like Donald are able to challenge.

I think having a Draw ball flight, solid putting and good wedge and short game play are more important factors. Also it's a horses for courses game, past form and experience of the course is also a good indicator. Woods, McIlroy, Mickelson tick all the boxes but too short a price for Woods and lack of form for the other two wouldn't have me on them.Garcia, Bradley, Johnson, Bubba, Mahan tick most of the boxes but concerns over Garcia's putting, Bradley/Johnson/Bubba/Mahan form. Hard to find a flaw in Rose but think his putting isn't consistent enough from 8ft and in.

My picks ;

Kuchar
                                                        Fowler
                                                        Hanson
                                                        Snedeker
                                                        Last edited by Downtown; 07-04-13, 16:25.

Comment

US Masters

Back_______________Odds____Stake______Profit
                                                          Russell Henley_______360_____20.00______7,180.50
                                                          Kevin Na____________667.2___20.00_____13,324.60
                                                          Francesco Molinari____305____34.61_____10,520.49
                                                          Paul Lawrie__________560____20.00_____11,180.50
                                                          Jason Day____________66.4___68.40______4,473.60
                                                          Michael Thompson____460_____24.00____11,016.00
                                                          Nicolas Colsaerts_____120_____53.07______6,315.33
                                                          Webb Simpson_______102.1__207.34_____20,960.06

Lay________________Odds____Stake_____Liability
                                                          Francesco Molinari____260_____11.07_____2,867.13
                                                          Nicolas Colsaerts_____110_____33.00_____3,597.00

Comment

Basically Snedeker, Fowler and Stricker for me for some sweatage

Also I just couldn't not put a bet on Ernie when I saw he was 125s. Surely with his record around Augusta that is value for each way purposes and 9/1 for top ten. The Open last year might give him confidence going into more majors.
                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I'm going e/w on the legend that is Padraig Harrington. And ill pick another couple during week
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Can't see past TW, the machine is well and truly back on track. PP now gone 4/1.

A guy who's performed pretty well there in the last couple of years is Bo Van Pelt he's priced @ 110/1 (6 places)
                                                                It's quite generous for this consistent performer and looks good e/w value.

Rose, Schwartzel & McDowell make up the rest of my team...
                                                                "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

I'm not sure this is a relevant stat for this week. McIlroy and Tiger hit it as far as anyone and rank way down in that list. Also it's not quite a an accurate reflection because not all golfers on the list have played as many rounds as each other. For example Colstaerts has played maybe 8-12 rounds on the PGA Tour this year which would be far far lower than any of the higher ranking players.

I think it's a myth that length is crucial to winning at Augusta. I mean to say that length is no more an important factor than at any other PGA event or Major. Given the fact that 13/15 in particular are reachable par 5s for all the field, I would argue that length is an overvalued factor. Granted a lot of the past winners were big hitters in recent years Cabera, Woods, Mickelson, Watson etc but they were all proven winners before winning and very much fancied to do well. Not many "novelty distance" players have ever done well. On the flip side, guys like Mike Weir and Trevor Immeleman have won while each year shorter hitters like Donald are able to challenge.

I think having a Draw ball flight, solid putting and good wedge and short game play are more important factors. Also it's a horses for courses game, past form and experience of the course is also a good indicator. Woods, McIlroy, Mickelson tick all the boxes but too short a price for Woods and lack of form for the other two wouldn't have me on them.Garcia, Bradley, Johnson, Bubba, Mahan tick most of the boxes but concerns over Garcia's putting, Bradley/Johnson/Bubba/Mahan form. Hard to find a flaw in Rose but think his putting isn't consistent enough from 8ft and in.

My picks ;

Kuchar
                                                                  Fowler
                                                                  Hanson
                                                                  Snedeker
                                                                  Length will definately have something to play in it. When Weir and Immellman won it, it was before they lengthened the course. Also, in Augusta, they purposely grow the grass "against" the golfer and hence cut down on the run the golf ball gets. Thats why last year, Bubba averaged 290 with his driving at the masters, yet his average on the PGA tour was 315 yards, so it was cutting 25 yards on ave off the drive.

That should rule out short hitters as in Poulter, McDowell and Donald.

my picks so far

Keegan Bradley
                                                                  Padraigh Harrington
                                                                  Phil Mickleson

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post
                                                                    Can't see past TW, the machine is well and truly back on track. PP now gone 4/1.
                                                                    9/2 now

Comment

This is torture

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                        This is torture
                                                                        :-)

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                          Length will definately have something to play in it. When Weir and Immellman won it, it was before they lengthened the course. Also, in Augusta, they purposely grow the grass "against" the golfer and hence cut down on the run the golf ball gets. Thats why last year, Bubba averaged 290 with his driving at the masters, yet his average on the PGA tour was 315 yards, so it was cutting 25 yards on ave off the drive.

That should rule out short hitters as in Poulter, McDowell and Donald.

my picks so far

Keegan Bradley
                                                                          Padraigh Harrington
                                                                          Phil Mickleson
                                                                          Distance is always a big advantage in golf. I just don't think it's any more of an advantage at Augusta than it usually is.

I also think that Augusta is Poulters best chance at a major. He has never been outside the top 30, has 2 top 10s in the last 3 years. He could well be a factor this week too. Donald also has been in contention at Augusta. His best finish in a major I think was at Augusta finishing a shot back in 2010 or 2011. Zach Johnson won in 2007 after the changes were made.others like KJ Choi have enjoyed success. Shorter hitters have always competed well at Augusta.

The players who hold out the most from 8ft and have the better short games, solid greens in regulation do best. Distance off the tee makes it easier to play for sure it's not the defining factor.

Comment

I like seeing the Betfair back and lay prices all flash at the same time every few seconds as the money is put down on the US Masters. Its like twinkling Christmas tree lights.

Comment

main stable is rose/day/kutcher/harrington/furyk
                                                                              1st round leaders couples/caberra/laird
                                                                              gl all,should be fun (disclaimer- fun may be replaced by agony on shot by shot basis!!)

Comment

From Channing's bettingemporium site - US Masters Preview by Ollie Noonan
                                                                                <snip> text removed

Opr
                                                                                Last edited by KevIRL; 10-04-13, 20:33.

Comment

Opr

I think Channing deserves for people to register for his site
                                                                                  considering all the work he puts in and provides it for free

Maybe just a Link?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                    Opr

Maybe just a Link?
                                                                                    Yeah I completely agree with that in fairness. I'll just post links in future. I do think though that the advertisement that he gets through the forum from me posting his stuff that I doubt he would be complaining too much. The only reason I posted the whole thing was the last few times I posted just the link someone after me posted the whole article so I thought I might as well fire up the whole thing.

Opr

Comment

Hills going 6/1 on Tiger from 9am. Not sure on max stake stuff.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        Hills going 6/1 on Tiger from 9am. Not sure on max stake stuff.

Opr
                                                                                        Stan James 6's too

Comment

Shocking effort from Powers this week.

Comment

Was staying well out of this but Paddy roped me in with 6 places and a free bet
                                                                                            (the bastards)

Tiger 5pts @9/2

Charl 2.5pts ew @25/1

Justin 1.5 pts ew @ 18/1

Freddie Jacobsen 1pt ew @100/1

The shower of &%$£^&

Comment

not sure whether to back rory to win or go with woods and use boyles money back if rory wins offer.

im going to have some of Oosthuizen e/w.

Comment

Stenson looking like he ticks alot of the right boxes. 1st in Greens, 1st in driving accuracy , 1st in scrambling and 1st in putts <5ft.

have taken out Snedeker/Fowler

Rose/Haas and Stenson in the army now with Kuchar and Hanson.

So excited. gl all

Comment

My team for the weekend hopefully all weekend

Huh 610
                                                                                                  Na 600
                                                                                                  Harrington 90
                                                                                                  And biggest bet on Scott 30

GL us

Comment

I like Couples ew at 250s
                                                                                                    http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

I've pretty much followed Channing's mate in the outrights.

My band of merry men

Rose
                                                                                                      Kuchar
                                                                                                      Hanson
                                                                                                      McDowell
                                                                                                      Haas
                                                                                                      Jacobson

Hanson/Westwood - 1st round leader.

Top Amateur - Weaver (19/5)
                                                                                                      Top Spaniard - Castano (3/1)

Best of luck to you all.

Opr

Comment

I've backed pretty much every non-English guy priced between 25/1 and 50/1 ew

GL all. I've exams next week so won't be able to watch much of it...

Comment

Also, for anyone in the Louth/Galway area, Bar One are paying 1/4 odds 7 places ew. Maximum bet though at those place terms is €50ew per player.
                                                                                                          Last edited by NewApproach; 10-04-13, 15:54.

Comment

Stenson looking like he ticks alot of the right boxes. 1st in Greens, 1st in driving accuracy , 1st in scrambling and 1st in putts <5ft.
                                                                                                            The PGATOUR.com website stats might be a bit misleading.

MY STATS ERROR: When I said earlier Webb Simpson had a large number of the longest drives I was right. But where I was wrong is saying that makes him a long driver. A close look at the longest drives page on pgatour.com shows that a very high number (over 50%) of all the long drives so far in 2013 were at the Hyundai Tournament Of Champions at Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii (an invite tournament restricted to 30 players). I saw on TV that some of the holes on that course are steeply downhill. Downhill with a following wind gives a big drive.

DOUBTFUL STENSON STATS: I looked at the Henrik Stenson stats: 2nd driving accuracy, 1st greens in regulation, 1st scrambling. They were on Stenson's individual stats page. I then looked at the overall stats page for all players and did not find him there. My guess is he has played a small number of events to date in 2013 and I see his stats percentages for those events are very good, better even than 1st place in the overall. But players probably need a minimum number of events to be listed in the overall.

Anyway I'm going off Webb Simpson and putting more on Jason Day. Good Luck with your bets.

Comment

#teamrory

The way I'm running he pisses up
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

US Masters weather forecast here (about a mile from the course)
                                                                                                                Windfinder.com - Detailed wind & weather forecast for Augusta Regional Airport at Bush Field / Georgia, United States of America for kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, fishing & hiking.

For a more accurate forecast click Super Forecast above the data.

Comment

It's going to be tough listening to Monty for the next few days though.

Comment

He's grand I'm the studio. Horrific in the booth.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                      Opr

Maybe just a Link?
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      Yeah I completely agree with that in fairness. I'll just post links in future. I do think though that the advertisement that he gets through the forum from me posting his stuff that I doubt he would be complaining too much. The only reason I posted the whole thing was the last few times I posted just the link someone after me posted the whole article so I thought I might as well fire up the whole thing.

Opr

Fair point lads, but I think to be fair to the site its best if we link to it. Its free to reg so no harm in allowing them getting some new sign ups. More articles up there today btw from Channing on the golf

Comment

Picked Watson as the winner last year which was nice at 55/1! Went with Johnson and Stenson this time around, GL all.

Comment

DJ, Westwood and Snedeker are my main picks, backed a few others at big prices hoping to lay.

Freddie Jacobson @ 110
                                                                                                                          Richard Sterne @ 170
                                                                                                                          Garrigus @ 260
                                                                                                                          Russell Henley @ 330
                                                                                                                          Scott Piercy @ 320
                                                                                                                          David Lynn @ 590

I love the round leader markets, the weather tomorrow will suit the early birds so I've backed five of them with a sweat saver on Hunter Mahan @65 in case all horses fall.

Rose @ 19.5
                                                                                                                          Snedeker @ 44
                                                                                                                          Freddie Jac @ 100
                                                                                                                          Russell Henley @ 130
                                                                                                                          Scott Piercy @ 130 This could go either way, he could be dazzled in the headlights on his Masters debut, paired up with Tiger or those two factors may spur him on, he's a boomer off the tee so fingers crossed.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X