No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf is such a cruel sport to punt on. Back to back top 3 players on day 3 who blow up in the final round at big prices.

Anyway back on the horse.

Brett Rumford in the Irish Open.

Previous winner (baltray) and has a few top tens around various courses 150-1 decent shout e/w
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

2nd Horse is James Morrison.

Went nuts at the British Open Qualifying on Monday.

Has some decent links form and top 10 in Wentworth this year.

175/1 e/w
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
        painful enough seeing Leishman win, must of punted him 40 times over last 2.5 years including 7-8 times this year
        Thought of ya when he won alright. Bitter pill to swallow. Sure what could ya do. At least ya seen the potential
        He could win again this season.

I'm backing G-mac. He used to shoot 59 and 60s for the craic around here and will want this one. Coming off a big 2nd place and a nice week off. I think he should be Fav.

Comment

Harrington loved Royal Portrush as an Amateur, he was always in contention for the North of Ireland Championship which is held there ever year. He has the second lowest score ever there, it was the record until Rory broke it a couple of years ago.

Prices are pretty short on those two but Rory looks out of sorts the last while so I'm going to have a pop at Harrington in this. I might be placing a little too much faith in what they did there as amateurs but Harrington looks primed for this as well with some excellent results recently.

Ross Fisher has 4 top tens in his last six tournaments and I think he has to be seriously considered for this.

My final bet in this one is amateur Alan Dunbar in the each way and top ten markets. He comes here as the Amateur Champion after a superb performance at Royal Troon last week. This is his home course and with the lad in superb form I think it would be foolish to dismiss his chances.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
            My final bet in this one is amateur Alan Dunbar in the each way and top ten markets. He comes here as the Amateur Champion after a superb performance at Royal Troon last week. This is his home course and with the lad in superb form I think it would be foolish to dismiss his chances.
            Can't argue with that but surely fatigue will come into play.

That amateur championship is brutal. Winning that would take a lot out of any man.

Comment

Gonna have a little fun ew bet on John daly @ 125/1 playing a lot better these days making cuts even with his usual abomination round thrown in every week. Landed in the country shortly after the BMW and was over in roganstown for a visit and in good spirits apparently.

Comment

Irish open

How deep in the spirits? Betting on golf is like playing a big field poker tourney. We love it but it's only jp and the bookies smiling. Siem, mcginley, Clarke and Paul lawrie to provide the false dawn here. If siem could contain his temperament he'd be a consistent winner, no idea what he's like on links?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                  2nd Horse is James Morrison.

Went nuts at the British Open Qualifying on Monday.

Has some decent links form and top 10 in Wentworth this year.

175/1 e/w
                  haha I also have him. gogogo

Comment

Wasn't going to go with anyone in the states but Sabbatini looks a decent bet at 66/1

Comment

Decided to go with Robert Rock as my main bet a fun ew bet on Thomas levet who likes links golf and relatively short courses, and at 250/1, cant resist an ew bet on him.

Comment

see paddypowers have a top 10 in the irish open & the us golf at 14's in the shops.
                        did furyk n mcllroy n that. furyk n mcdowell e/w double too n small e/ws on sabbatini,dustin johnson(u.s) n dunbar in the irish open.
                        hopefully have a sweat come sunday!!

Comment

Go on then!

Thorbjorn Olesen 50/1

Stephen Gallacher 80/1

Damien McGrane 100/1

Edit: Also just done these to a smaller stake.
                          Sam Hutsby @ 300/1, Thomas Levet @ 300/1, George Murray @ 400/1
                          Last edited by rounders123; 27-06-12, 21:08.

Comment

Added Dyson ew to Gmac. Furyk win also. GL felllas.

Comment

keep forgetting about it, but betfair fixed odds are really worth checking, best priced harrington by a clear 3pts 14/1 - also best priced woods by half a point this week.

Comment

Heard a staggering stat that since Rory has gone pro, he has never got two eagles in one round. Can't be true surely??
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Heard a staggering stat that since Rory has gone pro, he has never got two eagles in one round. Can't be true surely??
                                  I wouldn't think it's achieved often ? It would be guess work but I'd see it as something on a par with getting a hole in one, maybe occurring slightly more often ? I guess it's something that you'd expect Rory to have done because of his length, but it's certainly not something Id be staggered by hearing a player didn't achieve.
                                  Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-06-12, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Not staggering at all Sitch. Think Justin rose went 18 months without a single eagle a couple of years ago.

Makes ya as appreciate how special Phil's effort in Augusta a few years ago. Eagle 13, eagle 14 and was millimeters away from holing his wedge on 15 for the hatrick.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Situation

He is still young. There are a good few pro's on tour who have never had a hole in one.

I have never had 2 eagles in a round. Missed a 5 footer for back to back eagles in Ardglass when I was 15 in the Ulster Boys.
                                      Last edited by elbows; 29-06-12, 15:10.

Comment

Lol @ big John Daly...gets it -6 and cruising....the man plays the game his own way and drops a couple to be mid pack and pretty much out of contention..reckon he will go on the batter tonight and have a 78 tommorow.

Comment

whos gonna win it the irish guys?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                            whos gonna win it the irish guys?
                                            Dyson with a 64 tomorrow

Mcilroy getting a lot of stick on twitter for not signing autographs and just running off with his bird after rounds.

The difference in likability between him and gmac is massive. It's a shame who has the better game.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                              Dyson with a 64 tomorrow

Mcilroy getting a lot of stick on twitter for not signing autographs and just running off with his bird after rounds.

The difference in likability between him and gmac is massive. It's a shame who has the better game.
                                              Both their careers are suffering at the moment. Although she was never a genuine tennis No1.

Also McIlroy is a cunt

Comment

few years back clarke and few other were praising the irish open saying it was a great tournament and one they would always like to win etc and mcirloy said he didnt see it as much more than a practice round for bigger things.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

I'm hoping Tiger doesn't win a major for a bit, because when he does we'll be looking at 7/4 for the likes of the weekends tournament. That's 3 wins in last 7 starts on PGA tour for Tiger and people are still questioning if he's back.

Comment

Finally puts the Tiger/Rory debate to bed aswell imo. Rorys game has taken a back seat to his new woman. Tiger was able to crush while banging 5 dozen women and a wife

Comment

Open Championship

Player Odds Stake Profit
                                                      Carl Pettersson 381.9 €10.00 €3,808.90
                                                      Gary Woodland 321.2 €45.00 €14,411.20
                                                      Martin Kaymer 40 €25.00 €975.00
                                                      Jamie Donaldson 155.1 €42.78 €6,591.22
                                                      Thorbjorn Olesen 152 €25.00 €3,774.60
                                                      Marcus Fraser 370.1 €16.70 €6,164.80
                                                      Keegan Bradley 110 €20.00 €2,180.00

Comment

I can't tip a winner in this thread, and the weeks I don't post I seem do grand, ala last week ( I know but I'm superstitious, can't help it). so I'm not going to tip anyone but will say I've had my eye on this week for a while for a certain someone whose very close to my heart.

Comment

Going with Morrison again in Europe. led this last year at half way before blowing up and McGinley - He loves the course and he is in great form and twice the price he was last week.

In the states i'm going for Bae. He is a birdie machine and this course is made for him.

Comment

Greenbrier Classic

Top European
                                                            With C.Pettersson struggling recently missing 3/4 cuts this seems to be a 2 horse race between the 2 English tour grinders Greg Owen and B.Davis.
                                                            Although unlikely to ever set a tournament alight, Owen has been playin with a pretty high level of consistency this year and I'm taking him 5/2 in this very weak 6 horse market!!
                                                            "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Stenson and Curtis for the open, backing Stenson with pp now and will hol
                                                              d out on Curtis

Comment

retired

Comment

retired
                                                                  wrong german

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                    wrong german
                                                                    I laid the other fucker today in running

Comment

I watch a lot of golf and I have never heard of both guys in the playoff

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                        I watch a lot of golf and I have never heard of both guys in the playoff
                                                                        not that surprising, Kelly's biggest check is $19,000
                                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 08-07-12, 22:37.

Comment

In 04 potter missed the cut in all of the 24 events he played and never broke 70!

Also, has there been a bigger skinner this year?

Comment

In 04 potter missed the cut in all of the 24 events he played and never broke 70!

can't think of one and was similar last year if I remember correctly

Comment

Neither of them bottling it. Wait mid post jinx

Comment

Wow

Comment

The random play-offs are always the best.

Can't even begin to state how much either of their lives changes if they win this.

Pottttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

what a strange course, not least finishing with a par 3 wedge/9iron

Comment

The Open Championship

Gary Woodland 354.1 €65.00 €22,951.90
                                                                                      Carl Pettersson 381.9 €10.00 €3,808.90
                                                                                      Retief Goosen 163 €33.22 €5,380.58
                                                                                      Martin Kaymer 40 €25.00 €975.00
                                                                                      Jamie Donaldson 155.1 €42.78 €6,591.22
                                                                                      Keegan Bradley 125.7 €70.00 €8,730.00
                                                                                      Thorbjorn Olesen 152 €25.00 €3,774.60
                                                                                      Marcus Fraser 384.3 €31.70 €12,149.80
                                                                                      Greg Owen 531.7 €20.00 €10,613.50
                                                                                      €322.70 squandered

Just got 140s Keegan Bradley on Betfair.
                                                                                      In the Greenbriar Classic over the weekend he shot 68,68,66,74 for 46th.

Comment

Was quite impressed with how troy Kelly handled himself down the stretch despite being poxed. 175/1 this week.

Comment

Scotland

Romero @ 80s
                                                                                          Dyson @ 50s
                                                                                          McGinley @ 140

States

Overton @ 41

Gl fella.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                            Just got 140s Keegan Bradley on Betfair.
                                                                                            In the Greenbriar Classic over the weekend he shot 68,68,66,74 for 46th.
                                                                                            True, but he has played links golf once in he's life and hacked he's way around Portrush and duly missed the cut, if the wind blows Id have him 500 + tbh.

Comment

Bit of value here for next week for anyone punting any of these, think it's 50 max, but has to be taken advantage of if your punting any of them.

Comment

Sky were doing a kinda rapid fire questions profile interviews in the broadcast from Scotland Friday. Asked Kaymer, when was the last time you cried ? Kaymer " I nearly cried last week when I shot seven over in France". He wasn't the fucking only one!

Comment

Furyk and Ben Curtis for me this week in Canada. 17.5 and 70 respectively.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

175 siem ew to 5th with pp. if u make the bet via phone and tiger wins they give u the win bet back as a free bet for the PGA

Comment

Kaymer and Connolly back.together. Kaymer will be in the squad next week.

TIGER and Zach this week.

Comment

sigh, backed furyk e/w half way tru 1st round @ 16s , what a monumental blow up...... tho credit to bradley unreal final round & up n down from the 18th greenside bunker. may bode well for the uspga

Comment

Going for Kyle Stanley next week.

Comment

Bubba for me @ 36, strong finish last week and this track seems made for him.

Two majors in one season? No bother

Few more horses to follow
                                                                                                            Last edited by Lazare; 07-08-12, 22:57.

Comment

My 3 horses are Dustin Johnson (big bet) and 2 e/w Kyle stanley and Robert garrigus.

Course playing soft and loooooooooooooooooooooooooong. Will suit the bombers.

Comment

Not something I do often but I'm going with Rory

Comment

Not something I do often but I'm going with Rory
                                                                                                                  Might be a bit windy for Roree? OK light winds forecast.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by elbows; 07-08-12, 22:49.

Comment

My Stable

Outright

Tiger
                                                                                                                    Kaymer, very small

E/w

Rory
                                                                                                                    Keegan B
                                                                                                                    Jason Day

Comment

25/1 Dustin Johnson seems to be tipped everywhere but he looks to tick most of the boxes so not going to leave him out.
                                                                                                                      13/2 Sergio to finish in Top 10.
                                                                                                                      200/1 Alex Noren. Big hitter that has stated to score well again
                                                                                                                      20/1 Rory. Signs of a comeback last week. Can't see him being far away.

Comment

Added Dufner @ 28, Keegan B @ 40, Robert Garrigus @ 110, Scott Piercy @ 120 and Branden Grace @ 280

Gl lads.

Comment

rose, oosthuizen,dufner,kutchar & d.johnson all e/w
                                                                                                                          small ew's on dyson & noren too.
                                                                                                                          gl all

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X