Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbows View Post
    Bets for the open.

Els, Harrington, GMAC, Piercy. I backed Els after he came close a few weeks ago and same with Piercy.

Think the weather will be horrible so all of the above are good in shite weather bar possibly Piercy but he is a good wind player.

Will have a few first round leader picks once I see the draw and the weather a bit closer to Thursday.

Also backed Kaymer - had forgotten about that

Blindly followed for the one time
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Blindly followed for the one time
      The one time came in 3 times already

Comment

Early FRL thoughts before prices.

Colesearts, Els, Snedeker and Furyk. Also Furyk outright.

Because of no 10th tee starts specific hourly wind forecasts are important. Especially for FRL. The very late starters may get a break as the wind dies down late on. Also with Troon being an out and in links. Wind direction is also very important. If you get strong wind downwind front nine which then dies down for the back nine this will be a huge advantage.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I've backed Els and Wood already and their odds have gone out and Harrington and his odds have came in.

I'm on Kaymer e/w now.
          Hasn't missed a cut in 3 months. 4 places in that span.
          Won the Dunhill links before and lost in a playoff also. Won the Pga and Dutch on linksy style tracks so he's no problem with the layout.
          8 Open appearances and 7 cuts made with 3 top 15s.

I'm gonna go Rory on the nose but haven't done it yet so if anyone sees an offer let a shout.

In his last 4 appearances he's came thirsd in France (in second gear) , MC at the US, 4th at memorial and Won the Irish.
          Won the Open last time out as we know and whilst i'm sceptical of how much he actually likes links golf despite an Open and a great Amateur record i feel he's very close to clicking on all parts of his game. And when the happens he'll blow a field away.
          I hope it's this week.

Comment

Early FRL thoughts before prices.

Colesearts, Els, Snedeker and Furyk. Also Furyk outright.

Because of no 10th tee starts specific hourly wind forecasts are important. Especially for FRL. The very late starters may get a break as the wind dies down late on. Also with Troon being an out and in links. Wind direction is also very important. If you get strong wind downwind front nine which then dies down for the back nine this will be a huge advantage.
            Love Nic's cut for one round of greatness. Also Danny Lee. Streaky player that can have one great round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              The one time came in 3 times already
              one time for me
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Last edited by luckforsome; 11-07-16, 11:01. Reason: ...Wrong Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                  I've backed Els and Wood already and their odds have gone out and Harrington and his odds have came in.

I'm on Kaymer e/w now.
                  Hasn't missed a cut in 3 months. 4 places in that span.
                  Won the Dunhill links before and lost in a playoff also. Won the Pga and Dutch on linksy style tracks so he's no problem with the layout.
                  8 Open appearances and 7 cuts made with 3 top 15s.

I'm gonna go Rory on the nose but haven't done it yet so if anyone sees an offer let a shout.

In his last 4 appearances he's came thirsd in France (in second gear) , MC at the US, 4th at memorial and Won the Irish.
                  Won the Open last time out as we know and whilst i'm sceptical of how much he actually likes links golf despite an Open and a great Amateur record i feel he's very close to clicking on all parts of his game. And when the happens he'll blow a field away.
                  I hope it's this week.
                  Only thing about Rory is can he play in really high winds which are forecast for Saturday and Sunday
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

No. Looking to past experiences.

I'm still going in though. Don't ruin him for me....

Saturday in particular looks bad now alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                      No. Looking to past experiences.

I'm still going in though. Don't ruin him for me....

Saturday in particular looks bad now alright.
                      Lee is a good shout for FRL. Draw out already. PP going T8 FRL too

Comment

Yeah. Took the 100s 8 places.

Comment

Kaymer 55s, Reed 55s, F.Molinari 100s, Els 150s small token ew bet course form 04 2nd 97 T16.

Have Mickelson @ 45s last time he played here in 04 he finished third and in 97 finished T27, so course form is good. His last 5 starts read 13,27,mc,2,20 but all have been similar good start flat when chasing then a great final round, so im hoping something clicks and he puts it all together.

Vijay Singh top senior @3s on bet365 only a total of 9 players

Then again in 04 when Hamilton won he came in with no form whatsoever.

Comment

Lee is a good shout for FRL. Draw out already. PP going T8 FRL too
                            What are you using for the weather Elbows? Seems to me that it will be brighter in the afternoon with no increase in wind?

Did you go as far as to look at wind directions?!

Cheers

Comment

Ben Coley's Tips -
                              SPOILER

2.5pts win Jordan Spieth

1.5pts e.w. Martin Kaymer

1pt e.w. Chris Wood

1pt e.w. Graeme McDowell

1pt e.w. Padraig Harrington

My Golf betting strategy would be to back his tips and Elbows tips.

If they both tip the same one then Double down.

Then very small stakes on my own fancies.

Willet @40/1
                              Jaidee @125/1

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                What are you using for the weather Elbows? Seems to me that it will be brighter in the afternoon with no increase in wind?

Did you go as far as to look at wind directions?!

Cheers
                                Yeah it looks like the wind is pretty similar all day Thursday. Was just making a general point. I use windfinder. Note the outlook for Friday and Saturday now horrific and Sunday not too bad. The wind direction for Thursday looks like being a crosswind and not that strong as to make a massive difference
                                Last edited by elbows; 11-07-16, 15:08.

Comment

Going with the old heads for this week.

Els
                                  Harrington
                                  Mickelson
                                  Westwood
                                  "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Changes to strategy for FRL slightly. Furyk and Sneds were a little bit short as I normally like at least 80/1. Added Lee, Shinkwin who went low in one round last week and Monty because he can go low especially if the wind isn't that strong.

And finally Molinari FRL 100/1.

Standard over committing to the majors but fuck it.
                                    Last edited by elbows; 11-07-16, 19:10.

Comment

Coverage starts at 6.30 on Thursday morning. Sky go app in work for Thursday and Friday. Will miss most of Saturday as a sacrifice for watching it all on Sunday. Haven't really watched much of it over the last few years so really looking forward to this year.

Comment

Laddies out to 11 on Rory now. Might bite on that.

Boyle have money back as a FB if your single is second or third including ties.

Comment

Did GMac e/w as per Elbows.

One pick myself, Niebrugge. Gone e/w, FRL e/w, Top 5/10/20. Make me rich young man....

Comment

Did GMac e/w as per Elbows.

One pick myself, Niebrugge. Gone e/w, FRL e/w, Top 5/10/20. Make me rich young man....
                                            Niebrugge played great last year alright. Sure why not.

Comment

Johnson Wagner in the Barbasol for the sicko's

Comment

Did Colt Knost top 10 top 20 some win ew.

Drives it straight, putts and scrambles well enough and in good form
                                                If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

I heard DJ was in Desmond's place milling shots and smoking his brains out on Saturday night. Not exactly ideal prep. Probably wins it to show what I know.

Comment

I've jumped aboard Soren Kjeldsen ftw.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Got on the Paud and GMac bandwagon last week

€10 ew VJ Singh FRL @300/1 with Victor 5 places

Scanned the list and his named really popped up at that price, bit of recent form, wants to say fuck you to the world, prefect place to do it

might add more in morning

Comment

Any love for Adam Scott @ 22/1? Has a great Open record in recent years.

Comment

Brandon Grace each way, great links player

Comment

Racing Post Selections - Steve Palmer - Open Champ - 4pts win DJ (10), 2ew Scott (22), 2ew Kaymer (55), 0.5ew Woodland (225)

Racing Post - Jeremy Chapman - Open 2ps win DJ (10) 1ew Spieth (14), 2ew Grace (33), 1ew Mickelson (50), 0.5ew Wood (100) 0.5ew KTKim (400)

Comment

Ben Coley's FRL bets

Zach Johnson, Colesearts, Shinkwin and Monty.

I think he must read IPB's

Comment

I'm done.

Rory on the snout.

Kaymer, Wood, Ernie, Pod Ew.

Danny Lee FRL.

Comment

I know it's probably a bit late now but would people be interested in an open competition like the one used for the Masters on here previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                    I know it's probably a bit late now but would people be interested in an open competition like the one used for the Masters on here previously.
                                                                    In

Comment

PP have a market for any player not to make a bogey in round 1 at 11/10. Very little wind forecast all day. Think the price is so wrong

Comment

PP have a market for any player not to make a bogey in round 1 at 11/10. Very little wind forecast all day. Think the price is so wrong
                                                                        Surely someone will make a bogey

Can you do accumulators or is it singles only?

Comment

Seriously doubt you could do an accumulator
                                                                          they are related events

Comment

No as in any player in the whole field to have a bogey free round 11/10 (now evens)
                                                                            Last edited by elbows; 13-07-16, 13:28.

Comment

Grace
                                                                              Harrington
                                                                              Lowry
                                                                              Kaymer
                                                                              Wood

Can't wait to watch it for the weekend. Pity no BBC. We want Ken on the course.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

He's working for Fox now doing a similar "Brownie Points". They're loving him over there.

Comment

Went with Kaymer and with Paddy paying 8 places gonna throw 4 darts at Chappell (150/1), Oleson (150) Kim (300) and Coetzee (300) and pray 1 gets a run

Comment

Wood on the verge of pulling out of the open with a neck injury

Comment

Wood on the verge of pulling out of the open with a neck injury
                                                                                      Beware the injured golfer. Sounds like a mirror image of Harrington the year he defended the Open!. Worst thing you could do is back against him in a 72hole match bet.

I'm on Westwood, Sullivan, Furyk, McDowell.

Comment

Just seen the video of him talking to someone at the side of a fairway. He sounds bolloxed.

Comment

kaymer gmac harrington and niebrugge. picked em all myself!!

Comment

Kuchar. Hatton leishman and kjeldson
                                                                                            Best of luck all

Comment

Day, Grace, Garcia

Comment

The last six winners at Royal Troon have been Americans. Of those six five have won it from when the first Honda Classic(as it's called now) has been played. Of those five, four have won the Honda and the other was second twice in it.

I know it's a real stretch but when you look at the list of winners of the Honda there are a lot of British Open winners in there. Padraig Harrington won it twice, Ernie Els, Nice Price, Mark O'Meara, Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller, Lee Trevino.

And then there are the Royal Troon winners Johnny Weiskopf, Mark Calcavecchia, Justin Leonard and Todd Hamilton. Tom Watson finished second in that tournament twice. Those are the last five winners at Royal Troon.

Anyways I'm looking for a yank to back and there are two in the field who have won the Honda Classic and they are Matt Kuchar and Russell Henley. I've backed both of them.

Adam Scott won the Honda this year.
                                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Went e/w on Knox 80/1, Colsaerts 100/1 & Finau 200/1. Tempted by Grace and Danny Lee too but I'll leave it at 3.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                    The last six winners at Royal Troon have been Americans. Of those six five have won it from when the first Honda Classic(as it's called now) has been played. Of those five, four have won the Honda and the other was second twice in it.

I know it's a real stretch but when you look at the list of winners of the Honda there are a lot of British Open winners in there. Padraig Harrington won it twice, Ernie Els, Nice Price, Mark O'Meara, Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller, Lee Trevino.

And then there are the Royal Troon winners Johnny Weiskopf, Mark Calcavecchia, Justin Leonard and Todd Hamilton. Tom Watson finished second in that tournament twice. Those are the last five winners at Royal Troon.

Anyways I'm looking for a yank to back and there are two in the field who have won the Honda Classic and they are Matt Kuchar and Russell Henley. I've backed both of them.

Adam Scott won the Honda this year.
                                                                                                    I think it is just more the case of being able to play well in the wind on an exposed course. Scott Piercy would be my choice of the yanks. Best form outside of DJ and is good in the wind

Comment

FRL darts on Jaidee/Singh/Lingmerth & Lombard
                                                                                                      Outrights on Westwood/Sullivan/Leishman/Molinari & Wood

Comment

Does Nicky not share his wisdom with us any more

Rory because I think he'll win it, Shane because I'd love him to win it and the price is right and Pawdraig because I hate money

Scott Kuchar and Henly because EE's Honda theory sounds scientific

Miguel Angel because he's a god amongst men.

All those outsiders for FDL

Love the first two days of the open on TV
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...Harrington (Main as always), Mcdowell, Ernie Els, Piercy, Kaymer, Furyk, Lowry all E/W and First round leaders: Lee, Shinkwin, Molinari...

..In Barbasol Johnson Wagner ew and E/W Double Wagner/ Harrington...

...Went slightly overboard, but it is the open and I am ridiculously excited...Elbow's may or may not have had a slight contribution to my selections lol...

Comment

Harrington, Thorbjorn Olesen, Snedeker main bets

FRL's harrington, olesen, grace, rahm, lombard and duval for the laugh.

No value in Grace outright so I've backed him as my main frl. Have been waiting for this for Snedeker for a while now so I'm expecting something decent.

Comment

Oh Monty

Comment

The wrong Lee tearing it up early on

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  Oh Monty
                                                                                                                  Turned around well

Comment

Added some small ew darts on the below:

So Min Lee @500/1
                                                                                                                    Vijay @350/1
                                                                                                                    Varner III @300/1
                                                                                                                    Paul Dunne @300/1

Also added Speith win @10/1

Comment

Was getting a bit excited about VJ there, looked at overall price and he dropped a shot

Between me and Honda, I reckon Sligo boys are the HEX incarnate

Comment

for some odd reason I woke up in the middle of the night inspired to add Willets to my portfolio
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          for some odd reason I woke up in the middle of the night inspired to add Willets to my portfolio
                                                                                                                          Is he a mate of Hendricks?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X