FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    Are you going lay Costa Rica when they beat Greece?

Can probably sell it for a few hundred at this stage I'd say?
    Will see how the other game goes tbh but probably not. Since I have it bet on skybet I'd have to lock up my own funds on betfair in order to get the profit and I think there are better options out there at the moment so I'll see what the price is tbh

Colombia already into 19, once they go to 16 I'll be able to lock in Colombia win = €1,720.80, lay again once they beat uruguay and then again after chile.. profit.. good laugh!

also, gonna throw a tenner on chile to win in the 90' here, thought they'd sneak a late winner pre match so have to follow through. aiming for ~40/1 but definitely betting now before they score
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
      Opposing Colombia and Brazil in a series of small DNB doubles, draw doubles, win doubles and a bigger single on Uruguay.
      Nice sweat coming up, Uruguay or draw please.

Comment

Laying Brazil for the world cup at 5.5 now for some big bucks . Also got some of my colombia bet greened at 17.0

Come on Chile now!!! Get to, and then win the peno's!!

edit: still 5.7 before the peno's here, surely the lay of the tourney with the chile keeper and still 3 games to go after that poor performance and playing 120 mins. Going in again now

re-edit: total green on colombia and some green on brazil at 6.4 but now still have a decent amount riding on them to not win the world cup :/
        Last edited by mdoug; 28-06-14, 19:00.
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Backing Uruguay to go on tilt the first time a decision goes against them. Backing first card before 30mins, Uruguay to get more cards, Uruguay to get a red.

Comment

Violently sick

Comment

Greece, ugh.

Anyhoos Greece to get more cards @11/10 imo.

Comment

Well boyas, what odds would you think Netherlands would be to qualify in the semi final if they were playing Argentina? and again, what odds if they were in the final vs brazil/germany/france? Am thinking 2.3ish myself for both and thinking the 5/1 netherlands is value so am wondering if I am being a bit of a fool
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                  Well boyas, what odds would you think Netherlands would be to qualify in the semi final if they were playing Argentina? and again, what odds if they were in the final vs brazil/germany/france? Am thinking 2.3ish myself for both and thinking the 5/1 netherlands is value so am wondering if I am being a bit of a fool
                  At the moment, Argentina are 17/5 to lose in the QF's and Swiss are 13/2 so that's dutched odds of 2.77 if that helps.

Comment

Following on from yesterday's success of Netherlands to win 2-1 backed at half time.

Today is France to win 2-1 and Germany to win 3-0 both 7/1. Double.

Comment

Few speculative Bets/Scorecasts/FGS in favour of Nigeria. Purely burning money but cant back the French.

Comment

I normally wouldn't back France due to them beig cheating bastards but I got them in one of the sweeps I entered so....

Comment

France to win and BTTS is basically free money @ 5/2.

Comment

Boo linesman

Comment

Get Giroud off imo. Need an improvement for my France -1 bet.

Comment

France win on penalties.

Comment

Right Nigeria. Need a goal for a sweat please.

Comment

Cmon Nigeria to fuck!!

Comment

Griezmann was wonderful in their opener and has been wonderful since coming on here. Comparing the dynamism he brings to Giroud and his Fredness, Deschamps should know what to do in remaining games.

Comment

Switzerland will win the world cup.
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Small bits on 3-1 @ 12/1 and first goal 11 - 20 mins @ 4/1.

Lumped the rest of last nights wins on Germany @ 1.33.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Gone in on 3-0 Germany, Mueller fgs

Comment

Germany -1.

Finer points of the Koran being debated on betting forum because Ramadan starts today and deciding if sportsmen or those travelling have discretion from abstaining during daylight hours.

Shit just got theological yo.

Comment

Did France Germany double @evs.
                                                Nothing fancy just get her done.

Comment

muller fgs on betfred aiming for hat-trick heaven
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Small bits on 3-1 @ 12/1 and first goal 11 - 20 mins @ 4/1.

Lumped the rest of last nights wins on Germany @ 1.33.
                                                    Ugggh

Puke
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Belgium and Argentina havnt impressed too much so far.
                                                      2 draws for me.
                                                      Clint Dempsey/Shaqiri anytime double @20/1

Comment

USA to qualify. Will be my biggest bet of WC.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

USA/ Belgium and Belgium /Belgium ht/ft

Comment

Draw/Swiss, Belgium/Draw ht/ft double for me for a massive €2
                                                              Last edited by mdoug; 01-07-14, 14:56.
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Also on USA to qualify at 7/4. Nothing impressive from Belgium thus far whereas USA continue to impress.

Comment

USA to qualify doubled with Argentina.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

No idea what will happen in this game. Argies have been brutal, but Lavezzi in for a presumably not fit Aguero should help. Swiss were destroyed by France. So....leaves me betting on corners just for something to cheer. Over 10 corners. Small contradictory bets on 0-0 ht/ft 1-0 Argies in with double on same in Belgium game, and draw ht/ft Swiss in with double on draw / USA.

Must stop making contradictory bets in this World Cup.

Comment

Gone for Levezzi FGS @ 6s as no idea how this will play out

Comment

Backed all 4 teams to score for interest.

Comment

Backing the draw here.

Comment

Every person under the sun telling me to back USA today and Belgium are the lay of the entire tournament.. This means I am obviously going to be backing Belgium to win this game today solely based on the fact that everyone I know is normally wrong

Also as a back-up bet just in case they are right, Dempsey top goalscorer for world cup for €5 @380 on betfair
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Very like the earlier match, fully expect the favourites (who have been awful all tourney) to be awful. And then to go through.

Over 10 corners. 1st goal after 30 mins. Jones to be booked. Over 40pts cards.

Mug betting, haven't a notion what will happen. Dreading a bore again though.
                                                                              Last edited by hotspur; 01-07-14, 19:36.

Comment

France strike me as value versus Germany. France look better balanced and Germany have serious weaknesses at the back. You have no idea what to expect from Low either, playing Lahm at full-back seems to be the biggest no-brainer in living memory for me (like I can think of no reasonable argument why Lahm playing CM is better for the team).

Generally speaking, you're usually able to rely on the Germans and not rely on the French, but too big a price on France for me.
                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  Very like the earlier match, fully expect the favourites (who have been awful all tourney) to be awful. And then to go through.

Have gone the optimistic route.

Over 3.5
                                                                                  Over 4.5

Goals goals goals please

Comment

Belgium will destroy them. Belgium -2

Comment

Backing 1-1 now

Comment

Small fgs on bradley and zusi aswell both at 18s

Comment

That was easy
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Go fuck yourself Belgium. Every game this year ya have fucked me some way or another... USA, U.S.A.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fancy both of the underdogs tomorrow France and Columbia. Reports flying around that the German camp is suffering badly with the flu and up to seven players could be affected, so backing France tonight.

Joachim Low expects to have a strong squad to choose from for Germany's quarter-final against France despite illness in the camp.

Opr

Comment

This could be a profitable quarter final round imo. France (minus Giroud plus Griezmann) seem to know what they are doing as a team more than Germany currently do. And they are more dynamic. I regard them as favourites.

Brazil could crash and burn quite badly here. Colombia are exactly what are needed against them - naive attacking. There is little to fear from Brazil, they are too busy cracking under the weight of pressure, and the weight of having the human scarecrow Fred. Chile bottled it a bit. Hopefully Colombia just fucking go for it.

Then Belgium have what it takes to take down the Argies.

$$$ to be made hopefully.

Comment

This could be a profitable quarter final round imo. France (minus Giroud plus Griezmann) seem to know what they are doing as a team more than Germany currently do. And they are more dynamic. I regard them as favourites.

Brazil could crash and burn quite badly here. Colombia are exactly what are needed against them - naive attacking. There is little to fear from Brazil, they are too busy cracking under the weight of pressure, and the weight of having the human scarecrow Fred. Chile bottled it a bit. Hopefully Colombia just fucking go for it.

Then Belgium have what it takes to take down the Argies.

$$$ to be made hopefully.
                                                                                                  Think there's any value in Holland at 1/2?

I think France are serious value and can't see why people are giving them credit. It has to be the history of thing of Germany usually being the reliable team and France being the self-imploding team. Based on this tournament though, France probably look the most well balanced of all the teams left and Germany have plenty of weaknesses.

Brazil-Colombia is a tough one to call imo. If any team was to beat Brazil, I felt it was going to be Chile. The further into the tournament, the harder it'll be to knock Brazil out. Colombia tbf haven't put a foot wrong so far but (as you've said) seem a bit naive in their game management. Brazil as a team are really poor and basically offer nothing aside from Neymar. That said, I'm still not confident Colombia are the team to beat them. The points you make about Colombia's naivety being a positive actually makes sense though. Fuck it, you've talked me into it. Bet on Croatia and Chile to beat them so let's hope third times a charm.

I think Argentina are favourites, but the Belgium price seems v big. Argentina again have looked very ordinary at times but definitely have more talents in the squad than Brazil. That said, who knows what's going to happen in that game, and with Belgium at that prize, it's value imo.

Also, question about betting to win in 90 and betting to qualify for next round; are you ever better backing a team to go through rather than win in 90? It seems the qualify for next round price is always a lot less value than win in 90 price that it's never really a good idea?
                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

im on a France Columbia double anyway.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

First 3 QF's to be draws, have seen worse 40/1 shots

Really just sweating my Neymar bet at this stage. Watch every match hoping for Red Cards for Muller/Benzema/Messi/RVP/Robben and hoping to KO that Rodriguez lad today
                                                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 04-07-14, 13:59.

Comment

Sticking with the obvious. Brazil & Germany for me.

For the outside bet - Fred first goalscorer

Comment

5er on all 4 to be draws at 153/1. I've spent worse 5ers
                                                                                                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            First 3 QF's to be draws, have seen worse 40/1 shots

Really just sweating my Neymar bet at this stage. Watch every match hoping for Red Cards for Muller/Benzema/Messi/RVP/Robben and hoping to KO that Rodriguez lad today
                                                                                                            The draws are what I'm worried about, that's why I'm not sure if going down the Belgium/Colombia +1 route or the Belgium/Colombia to qualify route is the way to go.
                                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Think there's any value in Holland at 1/2?
                                                                                                              to Win to Nil at 11/8 is much better value imo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                to Win to Nil at 11/8 is much better value imo
                                                                                                                Good shout actually yeah

Think I'm going to go with something along the lines of:
                                                                                                                France to win in 90
                                                                                                                Colombia +1 (and Colomobia and prob Colombia -1 in case of the Brazil implode)
                                                                                                                Belgium +1 (and Belgium)
                                                                                                                Holland to win to nil

An accum with the +1 options is about 20/1
                                                                                                                Last edited by Jam-Fly; 04-07-14, 14:48.
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Feel that the winner of France Germany will win it out.

French teams are often fickle and I could really see them carrying the momentum forward if they beat the Germans. I would also fancy Germany to beat either Holland, Argentina or Belgium in the final if they were to get there.

Comment

It is so easy to lose money on this stage backing teams to win games. It's so much more than 90 minutes at this at this ppint and therefore our bets should be adjusted accordingly. There is not one team I'd be entirely confident about backing on 90 mins prices. It's all about qualifying for the next round. There's no use backing a team over 90 minutes because they are a great price. Means nothing if they go through in et or penalties. I'd definitely recommend backing on the qualify for next round market. I can see 2/3 of the quarters going the distance. All four is a stretch but ar 1349/1 with pp its hard not to throw a monkey on it I'm also on a small double today of 1-1 and 2-2. The draw double is definitely worth a dabble. Then it doesn't matter who goes through! This flu news that has been mentioned here worries me though. If that's true then the goalposts have been shifted. Some people call a runny nose the flu. It's definitely the most misused term around. If it's proper flu, they are in trouble.

Comment

Germany have drifted from 7/5 to 15/8 to win in 90 mins so gonna give that a small punt.

Comment

Lahm playing full back for Germany is huge. Doing anything else is idiotic.
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Lahm playing full back for Germany is huge. Doing anything else is idiotic.
                                                                                                                          Benzema playing in position equally huge. Cant wait for this game.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X