• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck it, Cameroon @25s

Edit: super timing by me fml. On over 3.5 and 4.5 too
    airport, lol

Comment

Fuck, was hovering over Cameroon to score next @4s around those corners. Looked dangerous.

edit: little bite on Cameroon @20/1.
      Last edited by hotspur; 23-06-14, 20:29.

Comment

Every time I see Fred play it shocks me that he has has more Brazilian caps than I do.

Comment

Hope Chile do me a favour and knock Brazil out in the second round. Top goalscorer and golden ball bets not looking great if Neymar keeps up this form. Have to give him credit, he is delivering.
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
            Every time I see Fred play it shocks me that he has has more Brazilian caps than I do.
            True.

And it's incredible Paulinho is retaining his place given how awful he has been (since Spurs broke him).

So we've already got the goals overs, almost a lock for the corners over...start getting out the cards now ref.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              True.

And it's incredible Paulinho is retaining his place given how awful he has been (since Spurs broke him).

So we've already got the goals overs, almost a lock for the corners over...start getting out the cards now ref.
              At least two certain yellows not given already !!

Comment

would've been lauded as one of the greatest World Cup goals of all time had that went in I'd say
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Can smell the Fred hatrick

Comment

Third yellow in the Croatia-Mexico game, worst day so far in the the tournament for me I think. If Brazil stays under 30 booking points here i'll take it.
                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I was on over 30, it finished on 30, so many yellow card chances last few mins

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                        The last 10 matches have had 30 or fewer booking points. Those specials should be avoided from here on in imo as the line is set correct on the booking index at 30.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                          Hope Chile do me a favour and knock Brazil out in the second round. Top goalscorer and golden ball bets not looking great if Neymar keeps up this form. Have to give him credit, he is delivering.
                          Cant stand Neymar so annoying looking.

On Benzema tgs as well, should have 5 or 6 by now.
                          Two robbed from him and the peno.
                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            The last 10 matches have had 30 or fewer booking points.

Opr
                            Yeah have been backing it but lost all value and the specials use to be under 40 but obv changed to 30.
                            Anyway my option was under or over 30 in that specail, was a loser either way.

Fernandinho made a massive impact and should start the next day.

Comment

Shocking shocking shocking. Had a rough few days tbh. Need help!

I'm allin on Japan tomorrow to get me out of it. Costa Rica are 1/5 to top the group so every team in Japan's group will probably rather play them than Italy/Uruguay (even though Costa Rica will be a tough game from what's gone on so far). I can see Colombia giving some squad players a run and be content enough if they lose and are in with a shot of finishing 2nd.

If Japan are beating Colombia, then Ivory Coast need to go all out for the win to finish 2nd in the group, but a couple of goals win for IC, combined with a couple of goals defeat for Colombia will see Ivory Coast top the group.

This all changes if Costa Rica don't top their group in the 5pm games though, but i think it's worth the risk getting on Japan now. Japan have played crap so far tho, but fk it, let's have a go. On Japan, Japan -1 and Japan -2 for the loots!

Comment

I was on that myself, boo. I also managed to lose my Brazil being ahead on the 30th minute mark with them conceding 26th and getting lead back 35th. Boo. Lost my Neymar first scorer bet because I mugged it as a 2-0 scorecast.

I think the only bet I won was that at h/t Cameroon were leading 6-4 on corners (due to several at one time if I recall) and Brazil were 21/10 to win the corner match. They squeaked it. No idea how to price it with -2 deficit mind you (like I know how to price anything else!!), so not sure if it was cleverosity or randomness.

Do we fancy Chile to take them? I think I do. Am interested to see how it will get priced.

Comment

11/2 Chile - Choooo Chooooooo

Opr

Comment

With Vidal back in the side they've every chance. Were always up against it today, a team their size can't cope with losing one of the best midfielders in the world.

Will prob back both Chile and Mexico next round.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Re Chile, 11/2 looks good enough for a bet, but was hoping for a bit bigger. Think it'll probably shorten between now and the match.
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        With Vidal back in the side they've every chance. Were always up against it today, a team their size can't cope with losing one of the best midfielders in the world.

Will prob back both Chile and Mexico next round.
                                        I was quite confused by the Chilean tactics earlier. After they lost the goal, they charged forward to try and get back in the game but up until that point they had quite clearly come to defend. Maybe they planned an all out assault in the last 15 or so if they were still drawing but just felt they could have been more adventurous. It was one of the worst games I've watched in the tournament so far with both sides continually kicking it back to each other neither able to string a couple of passes together.

Opr

Comment

Re Chile, 11/2 looks good enough for a bet, but was hoping for a bit bigger. Think it'll probably shorten between now and the match.
                                          lol as typing it shortened to 5/1 on PP
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I was quite confused by the Chilean tactics earlier. After they lost the goal, they charged forward to try and get back in the game but up until that point they had quite clearly come to defend. Maybe they planned an all out assault in the last 15 or so if they were still drawing but just felt they could have been more adventurous. It was one of the worst games I've watched in the tournament so far with both sides continually kicking it back to each other neither able to string a couple of passes together.

Opr
                                            I agree. First game I felt genuinely disappointed after.

Not sure why their game plan was. Effectively, Netherlands had a goal lead going into the game. Maybe it was just be patient before throwing the kitchen sink. Either way, it was a dream match for Louis van Gaal to prepare for, defend deep, be patient, and counter with pace.
                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Opr
                                              Yeah wasn't great, think when you know you're already going through the focus(conscious or not) goes to conserving energy and not risking injury.

Ticket allocation will be interesting for the 2nd round game, both among the top % of teams in the competition with regards demand, obvious in Brazils case but the crowd have played a big part for Chile too.

Although saying that it's prob already sold out with Brazil fans who expected them to top the group.
                                              Last edited by The Situation; 23-06-14, 23:12.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

On Chile so, but doesn't feel right. I have always put my money and support behind Brazil. Will seem weird rooting against them. May oppose myself later. Supporting Brazil in world cup > money.

Comment

Chilie Mexico double placed.

Costa Rica Single vs England @10/3
                                                  Last edited by Jibzzzz; 23-06-14, 23:25.

Comment

Won a couple of bets last night for a change, gonna throw it all back tonight On;

Uruguay
                                                    Over 2.5 Japan
                                                    Japan
                                                    Japan -1
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Costa Rica have topped the group regardless of the results I think. Talk they will be resting the likes of Campbell and Ruiz. I would have thought they have a fairly small pool of qualify so resting players should really weaken them.

Opr

Comment

England were 4/11 to win this game before the tournament, drifted to 1/2 after the first round of games, and are now available to back at 10/11 tonight. Given that Costa Rica will likely rest players and the English lads that haven't had a game will be out to prove the Fraudgson wrong, I think it's time to side with England on this one before the Costa Rica team news gets out.

Comment

Going for a few bets tonight
                                                          Sturridge win cast
                                                          Sturridge first goal
                                                          Over3.5 England v Costa Rica
                                                          Italy v Uruguay - draw
                                                          Japan -1
                                                          PB

Comment

Costa Rica have topped the group regardless of the results I think. Talk they will be resting the likes of Campbell and Ruiz. I would have thought they have a fairly small pool of qualify so resting players should really weaken them.

Opr
                                                            Well, no. They are 1/5 as i said above, but a Costa Rica loss and a 3 goal swing (providing Costa Rica don't score) and they finish 2nd. If they put up a piss poor team, and lose 3-0 to England, then an Italy win puts them through top of the group. A Uruguay 2-1 or 2 goal victory would put Uruguay through. If Costa Rica score 1 goal, then Italy/Uruguay will need to win by a bigger margin because at the moment CR have more points (1st factor) have a better goal difference (2nd factor) have scored more (3rd factor) and have won both head to heads (4th factor). That's how i read it anyway!

There will be lots of 2nd guessing, and the teams playing the later games have the advantage of knowing what who their opponents will be depending on where they finish. Costa Rica themselves would probably like to play Colombia seeing as their coach is from Colombia and he knows a lot about them, so if they feel that Colombia will top the group, he might aim for 2nd spot. I don't see Costa Rica beating England, but not sure if there'll be enough swing in the 2 games for them to finish 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                              England were 4/11 to win this game before the tournament, drifted to 1/2 after the first round of games, and are now available to back at 10/11 tonight. Given that Costa Rica will likely rest players and the English lads that haven't had a game will be out to prove the Fraudgson wrong, I think it's time to side with England on this one before the Costa Rica team news gets out.
                                                              England Evs with Betfred

Comment

England half time/full time 11/4 on pp messenger special

Comment

Columbia and Ivory Coast double @4/1
                                                                  Italy 2-2 draw @2/1

Comment

Columbia and Ivory Coast double @4/1
                                                                    Italy 2-2 draw @2/1
                                                                    Really hope this is wrong

Am on costa rica dnb myself.. fuck you doubters!!
                                                                    also Ivory coast is huge for me and colombia also(only if ivory coast win though), uruguay for small moula then
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

don't suppose anyone knows what price Costa Rica were to top the group pre-tournament?
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

don't suppose anyone knows what price Costa Rica were to top the group pre-tournament?
                                                                        yup, were 50/1 on betvictor and 80/1 on sportingbet , roughly 60/1 on betfair but there was some traded at higher up to 125/1
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

0/6 unfortunately

Jesus, have to give credit to Greece's spirit, seem to be like that annoying friend that won't just get the message and piss off. Fair play to them.

Colombia too good, Japan not good enough etc

Colombia v Uruguay should be a good game.

lol Greece v Costa Rica too, Costa Rica obv big-ish favourites I'd guess? Good to see either of them in the quarters.

edit: Hmmm, meant to make new post but to edited an old when I meant to quote it
                                                                          Last edited by Jam-Fly; 24-06-14, 21:57.
                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Italy are absolutely crap and find it almost impossible to score.
                                                                            Uruguay are far more dangerous, think they are a cracking bet.

England have lost to the two teams Costa Rica have beaten.
                                                                            See no value in England at all, no bet in the game for me.

Ivory Coast should get it done.
                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Italy vs Uruguay both to score
                                                                              Ivory Coast win double

Comment

England -1, team looks good and I expect goals

Comment

sigh, disappointed Italy are gone (for non gambling reasons, they'd usually be my 'second team').

Interesting to see how England game went, you'd think they would've managed a goal.

Hoping for a big night from Japan and Ivory Coast, need things to turn around quick!
                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Just can't see all the love for Japan, poor outfit who couldn't beat 10 men greeks.

Whether it means nothing to the Columbians or not just cant see the Japanese winning especially by more than 1 goal.

Crazy WC, who knows.

Comment

Just can't see all the love for Japan, poor outfit who couldn't beat 10 men greeks.

Whether it means nothing to the Columbians or not just cant see the Japanese winning especially by more than 1 goal.

Crazy WC, who knows.
                                                                                      Japan need to win to get 2nd. If they win, they qualify if Greece win. If Japan will by 2+ goals, they qualify if there's a draw in the game too. Colombia are already safe, but won't really be that scared of Uruguay but may favour Costa Rica. Can see Japan going all out so it's more just a hopeful punt at a decent price imo.

Comment

I can't find it myself but are betfair offering 4/9 on Suarez being banned for next game?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                          I can't find it myself but are betfair offering 4/9 on Suarez being banned for next game?
                                                                                          In specials, lump shirley
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

J Rod is Sick!

Comment

J Rod is Sick!
                                                                                              Soo sick

Comment

0/6 unfortunately

Jesus, have to give credit to Greece's spirit, seem to be like that annoying friend that won't just get the message and piss off. Fair play to them.

lol Greece v Costa Rica too, Costa Rica obv big-ish favourites I'd guess? Good to see either of them in the quarters.
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

0/6 unfortunately

I doubt costa rica will be big favourites for this.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                                                                                    I doubt costa rica will be big favourites for this.
                                                                                                    Agree. Seen worse bets than Greece at 125s e/w to grind it to the final

Comment

Exciting World Cup but not a top drawer team to be seen.

Keep on going through the betting going can't win, can't win, can't win etc.

Really is wide open.

Comment

Colombia at 6/4 v Uruguay is what some people might call lumpage. If, and it's probably a big if, suarez is out this will look even better. Of course it's possible this could go the distance but 6/4 seems very big to me. Could go off shorter. Paddy power have also switched there mbs to refunds on certain markets if games go to penalties. I think this is generous as I can already see a couple that could go the distance. Also 25/1 outright on colombia looks a bet now.
                                                                                                        Last edited by TonyCascarino; 24-06-14, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Agree. Seen worse bets than Greece at 125s e/w to grind it to the final
                                                                                                          I have them at 40's pre tournament to reach semis. They'll probably come a cropper but I'm enjoying the sweat. I might as well because most of my other bets are up in smoke. Aguero tgs wtf was I thinking?

Comment

Costa Rica been made slight favourites. I thought the market would make Greece favs based on experience etc and I would have got stuck into Costa Rica. I'm not sure how much others have seen of Costa Rica but they have been incredibly impressive. Strong, powerful side who are incredibly organised. Technically also quite good who always try to play out rather than lump it forward and carry a real threat. I think the market though has it about right with them as slight favs.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              yup, were 50/1 on betvictor and 80/1 on sportingbet , roughly 60/1 on betfair but there was some traded at higher up to 125/1
                                                                                                              Huh?
                                                                                                              You're plucking numbers out of thin air there as you obviously haven't a clue and you're simply bullshitting.

The actual answer to the question is that Costa Rica were generally 10/1 to win the group, best price 12/1 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                Huh?
                                                                                                                You're plucking numbers out of thin air there as you obviously haven't a clue and you're simply bullshitting.

The actual answer to the question is that Costa Rica were generally 10/1 to win the group, best price 12/1 I think.
                                                                                                                He's not. Costa Rica were at least 50/1 in a couple of bookies.

The betting was along the lines of

Italy 8/5
                                                                                                                Uruguay 2/1
                                                                                                                England 12/5
                                                                                                                Costa Rica 50/1

Comment

Yeah oddschecker shows they were 80-1 for a time to top the group after Italy beat England.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    He's not. Costa Rica were at least 50/1 in a couple of bookies.

The betting was along the lines of

Italy 8/5
                                                                                                                    Uruguay 2/1
                                                                                                                    England 12/5
                                                                                                                    Costa Rica 50/1
                                                                                                                    You may very well be correct. I perhaps jumped the gun somewhat, the prices I mentioned previously may have been for Costa Rica to qualify from the group.

My only excuse is a couple of celebratory brandies have impaired my judgement and my humble apologies go to mdoug.
                                                                                                                    Long time lurker and all that, sorry if I caused any offence by my comments, they seem at best silly and at worst insulting now!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                      You may very well be correct. I perhaps jumped the gun somewhat, the prices I mentioned previously may have been for Costa Rica to qualify from the group.

My only excuse is a couple of celebratory brandies have impaired my judgement and my humble apologies go to mdoug.
                                                                                                                      Long time lurker and all that, sorry if I caused any offence by my comments, they seem at best silly and at worst insulting now!
                                                                                                                      baseless accusations are a key cog in any internet discussion. Post some more in the bbv for the lolev.
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                        baseless accusations are a key cog in any internet discussion. Post some more in the bbv for the lolev.
                                                                                                                        I'm only 78%ish sure what 'lolev' means but I will strive to make a mark with my first bbv post.

Comment

Ivory coast cost me for the biggest accum of my entire life which sucks but thankfully made a profit today from laying england and backing colombia. Still down for the week but up from the world cup..
                                                                                                                          Costa Rica to win the world cup and iran, argentina, france and swiss accum tomorrow for a tenner
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X