FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
    So I hear, hurling was a better choice anyway from what I have heard. Yup off he goes, 2 poor games from him.

@Honda, 10 yellow and 25 red. So can afford one more yellow and that's it.
    second yellow counts as second yellow only = 20 points or becomes 25?
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Second counts as red so 35 pts total from that one player.

This game is awful. Want more Mirallas and Januzaj.

Comment

Not 100% on this, two yellows then the red would be 35 AFAIK?
        If anyone could clear that up.

Comment

Not 100% on this, two yellows then the red would be 35 AFAIK?
          If anyone could clear that up.
          Hotspur says 35.

Any bet for interest in the next?
          airport, lol

Comment

Annnd that ridiculous lunge kills all bets

Hoping for the 0-0 to get some money back from PP.

Next game, just a live treble and OG for some interest.

Draw, over 9 corners and over 30 booking points @11/1
            Any time OG @14/1

Comment

Chu-Young Park fg and South Korea win @ 17/2

Over 2.5
              airport, lol

Comment

Algeria tonight at 11/5 for me

Comment

Back in on the overs in this one.

Comment

No goals please

Comment

Algeria look well up for it. On Algeria to lead at 30 minutes for the craic.
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Algeria in complete control in the opening period. On them at 21/10

Opr

Comment

From a science pov, fitness training between matches is insane. However, I've done it with teams myself, fitness training for motivational reasons often works very well. Get lads throwing up in the heat and they're going to have fire in the bellies going into the match. I would've thought with professional footballers, this would be a bit pointless, but Algeria certainly look rightly up for this game.
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            Algeria in complete control in the opening period. On them at 21/10

Opr
                            Me too, but can't find it in me to actually turn the game on. Have a double with USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                              Algeria look well up for it. On Algeria to lead at 30 minutes for the craic.
                              Beautiful

Comment

How sweet would the Messi winner have felt? Bet in Vegas on the Argies against Iran for 350k!

Opr

Comment

Ship ship.

Obviously a bit results oriented, but I honestly have found the pre-match interviews with managers, teams during national anthem etc. give a good insight to the attitude they'll have during the match. Algeria today, esp after hearing of the fitness sessions etc., looked really up for it before hand and looking to make a fast start.
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

How sweet would the Messi winner have felt? Bet in Vegas on the Argies against Iran for 350k!

Opr
                                    Two big odds on bets on Argentina is it?
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Two big odds on bets on Argentina is it?
                                      Yeah 350k to win 30k I think. The feeling was probably huge relief than a sense of sweetness

Opr

Comment

Yeah 350k to win 30k I think. The feeling was probably huge relief than a sense of sweetness

Opr
                                        totally worth it for the sweat. It's like getting even in the last hand of a cash game or the last night of a festival, you feel on top of the world.
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

over 4.5 to keep it interesting
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Me too, but can't find it in me to actually turn the game on. Have a double with USA.
                                            If you haven't already get it on. Cracking second half in prospect if they get a second. Although I'd just prefer Algeria scored again to make it a dull and boring affair

Opr

Comment

Lets go chu-young park next goal and backing the draw
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Over 6.5 Portugal corners @ Evens
                                                Over 10.5 corners total @ Evens
                                                Portugal to win. Over 10 corners. Over 30 points @ 11/2

Opr

Comment

Over 6.5 Portugal corners @ Evens
                                                  Over 10.5 corners total @ Evens
                                                  Portugal to win. Over 10 corners. Over 30 points @ 11/2

Opr
                                                  YOu getting that last bet on betfair?
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

All in on both to score Portugal vs USA

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                      All in on both to score Portugal vs USA
                                                      This.

Also backed 3-1 Portugal 14/1
                                                      Ronaldo Hattrick @10/1
                                                      Ronaldo fg and Portugat to win @3/1
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

YOu getting that last bet on betfair?
                                                        In the match specials on paddies.

Opr

Comment

Ship ship.

Obviously a bit results oriented, but I honestly have found the pre-match interviews with managers, teams during national anthem etc. give a good insight to the attitude they'll have during the match. Algeria today, esp after hearing of the fitness sessions etc., looked really up for it before hand and looking to make a fast start.
                                                          I hve mentioned this before a couple of times but I believe this to be one of the few possible untapped ways of generating valuable data for prediction purposes. Martin Seligman and others created a tool called the Content Analysis of Verbatim Explanations to assess explanatory style for optimism and pessimism (dependent upon the extent to which the explanations are internal, stable, and global).

He then spend a lot of time and effort analysing statements to help predict baseball, basketball, swimming, political elections. It turned out very well. He writes about it a bit in his book Learned Optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            I hve mentioned this before a couple of times but I believe this to be one of the few possible untapped ways of generating valuable data for prediction purposes. Martin Seligman and others created a tool called the Content Analysis of Verbatim Explanations to assess explanatory style for optimism and pessimism (dependent upon the extent to which the explanations are internal, stable, and global).

He then spend a lot of time and effort analysing statements to help predict baseball, basketball, swimming, political elections. It turned out very well. He writes about it a bit in his book Learned Optimism.
                                                            yeah very interesting. In my experience, there definitely seems to be a correlation (but obv tiny sample size so I'm taking plenty of grains of salt). For something like golf, there has to be too much information in interviews to ignore. I remember Davy Fitz before the semi-final last year, jesus, it was tough to see his team losing after that interview!
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

bets aside, be great craic to see USA win
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

bets aside, be great craic to see USA win
                                                                I agree. Have Portugal in a sweepstake and am a big Ronaldo fan, but heart probably rooting for USA.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Ronaldo to score and Portugal @7/4
                                                                  Ronaldo first @13/5
                                                                  Over 2.5 goals and over 10 corners @11/5
                                                                  Clint Dempsey any time @ 3/1 VALUE

And plenty of very small mug bets:
                                                                  USA miss a peno @30/1
                                                                  Portugal 4-2 @50/1
                                                                  Portugal 3-2 @22/1
                                                                  Portugal score in first 10 mins @11/2
                                                                  Portugal win and 5 or more goals @13/2
                                                                  Over 2.5 first half goals @5/1
                                                                  Meireilis first booking @12/1

Comment

think we're due for another OG
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Watching USA here just shows how backwards Ireland have gone as a footballing team when you see the football this USA team are playing
                                                                      PB

Comment

It seems the more card happy the ref in the past the more he has taken this keep your cards in your pocket policy to heart.

Opr

Comment

USA USA USA!!

Comment

Ronaldo to score and Portugal to win 3-2 would be nice

2 more corners at least if not.

Comment

Back the draw in Germany v USA now.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Hmmm, quite a good game. One more yellow card would've been ideal. Ladbrokes didn't have the standard under 40 pts etc option, so I went with 15-35 points at 2.50 instead.

Still think blindly going with the unders on the cards seems to be the way to go. Prices are shortening a little though on the cards market I noticed today and yesterday.
                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Back the draw in Germany v USA now.
                                                                                  was just about to say
                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Ronaldo to score and Portugal @7/4
                                                                                    Ronaldo first @13/5

Over 2.5 goals and over 10 corners @11/5 10 corners exactly hate when the bookies get it right
                                                                                    Clint Dempsey any time @ 3/1 VALUE

And plenty of very small mug bets:
                                                                                    USA miss a peno @30/1
                                                                                    Portugal 4-2 @50/1
                                                                                    Portugal 3-2 @22/1

Portugal score in first 10 mins @11/2
                                                                                    Portugal win and 5 or more goals @13/2
                                                                                    Over 2.5 first half goals @5/1
                                                                                    Meireilis first booking @12/1
                                                                                    Another losing night

Comment

Hmmm, quite a good game. One more yellow card would've been ideal. Ladbrokes didn't have the standard under 40 pts etc option, so I went with 15-35 points at 2.50 instead.

Still think blindly going with the unders on the cards seems to be the way to go. Prices are shortening a little though on the cards market I noticed today and yesterday.
                                                                                      Hugely shortened up now. Paddypower were 5/6 on under 40 points on each of the games today. First game tomorrow is 2/9 for under 40

Opr

Comment

Hugely shortened up now. Paddypower were 5/6 on under 40 points on each of the games today. First game tomorrow is 2/9 for under 40

Opr
                                                                                        bleeehh, that's shit.

Oddschecker had Betfair (the bookies, not the exchange) giving 15/4 on Draw in USA-Ger, now 6/4. Totesport offering 7/2 currently according to oddschecker.
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Not too sure there'll be too many goals in today's so i'm having a punt on Belgium to win to nil at 5/2. Also on a Hail Mary patent of Algeria/USA/Australia just so i can cheers on the underdogs because there's not much i can see worth punting in those games.

Comment

Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                                                                                            Watching USA here just shows how backwards Ireland have gone as a footballing team when you see the football this USA team are playing
                                                                                            They are a CONCACAF giant.

We're a UEFA mediocrity.

Playing that style is much easier for them. It's enough to qualify. We simply won't qualify by playing that way so there is no point in attempting it unless we get another golden generation of solid pros and quality players.

While playing ball is nice, it's not the answer.

That's why Trap was an unappreciated genius. Could well be a long time til we make a world cup again. Qualifying for a saturated euros will be nowhere near the same.

Comment

Was trying to find value in the Young player of the tournament market. Pogba is still 7/5 without doing anything. Had tried to back Belgium's Origi last night at 100/1 on BetVictor, but the market was down. Back up today and he's 16/1 (20/1 in other places). He might get a run in Belgium's last game against Koren and if he impresses, there's no reason he won't be in contention for a place in the KO stages.

Going with an Over 2.5 and Over 3.5 goals double in the Chile/Ned and Spain/Aus games. Also Over 1.5 first half goals in the Chi/Ned game. Just going to sit back and hope for goals, backing the outcome could be too tough.

Chile need to beat Netherlands to top the group, and they still qualify whatever the result so they won't be keeping it tight at the back (not that they normally do anyway!). If Chile take the lead, Netherland will go all out attack to draw level, if they get their, the ball is back in Chile's court. Trying to avoid Brazil should make this a cracking game imo.

Comment

Was trying to find value in the Young player of the tournament market. Pogba is still 7/5 without doing anything. Had tried to back Belgium's Origi last night at 100/1 on BetVictor, but the market was down. Back up today and he's 16/1 (20/1 in other places). He might get a run in Belgium's last game against Koren and if he impresses, there's no reason he won't be in contention for a place in the KO stages.
                                                                                                Will go to some Central African lad in his forties imo

Comment

I think Pogba has looked really good in the game and a bit he has played. He doesn't do anything too flashy but is so comfy on the ball and can really pick a pass, like the assist for Benzema v the swiss when he came on. So sick we let him go for free as he is a player we could really do with now.

Comment

Comment

Viva Espana!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
                                                                                                        I think Pogba has looked really good in the game and a bit he has played. He doesn't do anything too flashy but is so comfy on the ball and can really pick a pass, like the assist for Benzema v the swiss when he came on. So sick we let him go for free as he is a player we could really do with now.
                                                                                                        Believe me he does lots flashy.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure he does, I just didn't watch any Serie A this season so I have only seen him in a handful of games.

Comment

Robben anytime @2/1
                                                                                                            Over 3.5 double in 2 5pm games
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Lucky I didn't play in this game too early. Vidal is the heartbeat of this Chile side, was going to back them but his absence is a big factor.

Still hoping they win for my outright bet on them, winning this group is vital imo.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Enhanced special with PP, Chile, Spain, Croatia all to win 11/1?

On over 2.5 goals and over 9 corners in both 5pm games. Should both be very open games. Treble actually aswell with over 2.5goals and under in the cards for the 2 9pms and Chile-Holland.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Jam-Fly; 23-06-14, 15:39.
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Australia nil points..... Lovely stuff!

Comment

That didn't go according to plan. Time to get stuck into Croatia for a few bets and hope Mandzukic can get a couple of goals. Looking forward to this one, got a lot riding on it.

Comment

That didn't go according to plan. Time to get stuck into Croatia for a few bets and hope Mandzukic can get a couple of goals. Looking forward to this one, got a lot riding on it.
                                                                                                                      Me too
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Brazil to win, over 10 corners and over 30 points @5/1
                                                                                                                        Penalty missed @9/1
                                                                                                                        OG @9/1 we are due
                                                                                                                        First goal OG @22/1
                                                                                                                        Brazil 2-0 h/t 4-0 f/t @19/1
                                                                                                                        Neymar 3-0 @14/1
                                                                                                                        Neymar 5-0 @33/1

Have Fred TGS so few from him would be nice although he has been woeful.
                                                                                                                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peletra score first @13/2
                                                                                                                        Draw, over 10 corners and under 30 booking points 19/1
                                                                                                                        OG @13/1 we are due
                                                                                                                        First OG @22/1
                                                                                                                        3-3 draw @60/1

I hate money! Confrimed hate so far
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Jibzzzz; 23-06-14, 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X