Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boylesports Shop - Advice Plz

Hi,

Yesterday I went into boylesports to put a double bet on in the tennis.. Denis Istomin and Gilles Simon

Slip was wrote exactly like this:

Denis Istomin win 8/11
    Gilles Simon win 8/11
    65euro Tennis

I didnt think the Denis Istomin game had started but as soon I left shop I looked on my phone only to find he was losing 3-0 in games.

I didnt have time to turn back to go to shop as was late back for work. I did ring boyles customer care and explained situation and they said if bet was on after game had started it will be marked as void and run onto my 2nd tennis player.

So I didnt worry too much about that game anymore as thought standard procedure its void and later Gilles Simon won so I went to different shop to collect and they said will have go back to previous shop bet put on as they have all details of bet.

Last night went onto live chat boylesports and person was talking to explained case and gave slip id number he looked it up and said the game was on 12minutes before you put it on it should be void.

So I went over to original shop today, The girl said nothing we can do your bet lost it went into live in play.. I explained I didnt ask for live in play if I knew he was 3-0 down you think I would have backed him. She goes on about some bulls*it like if chelsea were playing and you put 100 on them 2/5 (odds before match for instance) and there 1/100 your 100euro goes onto chelsea win 1/100 without you knowing.

Please. The bet is void.

You cant think your handing over money and they can give you odds you dont know surely?

Any thoughts anyone? Badly explained but hope you get the gist of it any information will be appreciated.

cashier in shop is wrong simple as , dont take her nonsense

get back on to customer care

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
      cashier in shop is wrong simple as , dont take her nonsense

get back on to customer care
      Thats exactly what I was thinking and she said im wrong, I said how did 2 people from boyles customer care say it was void. She then asked for names, I said how am I meant to know his name. Im sure if you track my slip you will see who I was talking to.

Like come on if I put a soccer acc on and have man utd in it and there 3-0 up, Its still in play tho I took starting price 10/11.. Its void simple. I cant seem to get it through to her tho and she was having none of it. Where do I go from here if she wont listen?

I 100% didnt know this game had started, I thought it was on 1 hour later.. Ok I got times mixed up but why should I have a guy in my bet which I had starting price odds on slip then at time 3-0 down without me knowing obv I wouldnt have backed it or given the choice would have decided if I wanted live odds or not. They cant take my good money surely and say tough shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Cashier in shop is correct. You didn't ask for it to be pre live. You had a valid selection with an incorrect price.

Your only out here is to get back onto customer care and plead for leniency.
        What you mean I didnt as for it to be pre live? I didnt know the game had started???

Do I have to ask every bet I want on I want pre live? It was a legitimate mistake, Knowing correct price would have altered my decision betting.

For instance I know a guy nearly has game won, I back a few guys on top of this.. The bet comes in.. Will they give me the evens I put on 1st guy or will they void it?

Comment

It's up to the customer to know the event details they are betting on and not the betting company. This is fairly standard across the industry.

The fact it was an honest mistake is a potential out, to at a maximum get the whole bet void, but only because you did call customer support in the short period after placing the bet to explain the situation (obviously depends on the content of discussion) - they should have the time and date and call recording available to review.

Comment

no, but you said in your defence above that you didn't ask for it to be 'live betting', the reverse also holds true. I don't work for Boyles, but I can give you some insight.

The facts of this case are plain. You had a valid selection with an invalid price. Your bet was treated accordingly. It is the same as picking a horse and writing 66/1 on the docket when it was actually 6/4. Your price would obviously be adjusted accordingly.

Anyhow, never mind me, I am guessing here. You carry on your crusade. Or alternatively revert to my original advice.
            No I appreciate your advice, I didnt worry too much about it but when I rang boyles support straight after the guy on phone made it clear to me it would be void. Thats whats getting me. So I have a guy on phone says it should be void, I have a guy on live support gave him docket number etc he checked times and told me it should be void.

This girl in shop says its not void.

I have people telling me differently and whats getting me is boyles support 2 people said void but girl in shop says not a hope I have a case. Whos right whos wrong?

I know I made the mistake but knowing I did so I would not have placed bet.. For instance twice my local bookie overpaid me (region 300 one time and maybe 50 2nd time), I was honest and said straight away because when I lift a bet I know before going in what its worth. But he knows me these people dont ive only been in handful of times.

What I said above has no relevance its just a insight, If support says its void as soon as I rang within 5mins placing bet thats what annoys me. Not the money it was a 65euro double but why should they keep it if visa versa I had other guy backed at 6/5 would I have got paid out on 6/5 if my double came up? I dont think so. when his odds were 8/13 at that stage

Comment

the bet would have been void were there no in running market on the event.
              If I back manutd in a acc @ 10/11, Game is on 10mins there price changed to 11/10 time I put bet on.. My acc comes up, What odds do I get on manutd in my acc?

Comment

If event is in running when bet is placed and you dont have B.I.R (bet in running ) on docket then its void

If its an accum or double or treble then bet is paid out on the other winning selections

Thats what ive been told in my local shop
                Last edited by PEACEBROTHER; 21-09-13, 21:11.
                PB

Comment

Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                  If event is in running when bet is placed and you dont have B.I.R (bet in running ) on docket then its void

If its an accum or double or treble then bet is paid out on the other winning selections

Thats what ive been told in my local shop
                  Yes thank you, Bookies win every way tho, they can stir/turn it, what I did was honest mistake, I should have been notified time placing bet it had started, but I wasnt.. If he won they never pay me. if it loses they keep.

I amnt annoyed so much the fact I lost im annoyed customer services twice said it should be void. I did ring st8 after and they assured me it was void.

PEACEBROTHER thats what online/phone told me. Girl in shop says there wrong whos right. lol for starters girl in shop told me u back chelsea 3/10 there 2-0 and u have 3/10 on docket u actually get 1/100 if thats what they were in play? come on u think someone will put 100 to win 1euro if they think there getting 3/10 original... Bookies win all ways bullshit

Comment

these stories come up often. And they void when it suits. Say your guy was 50/1 to win on that double in running at time and made a comeback . VOID, BS.

I did have a nice palp last year on a chalk boards. ( yes some still use it) it was a team to win a group they were third in the standings but at home last game and only needed a win to top the group. The top two were going to play each other and goals difference was not counted if they won as it was results against the teams counted in result of a tie but for a 3 way tie it was goal difference. So the bookies had priced them up as 12/1 to win the group. Yet 1/3 to win the game ? I was as coy as possible without being greedy double results. small singles. repeat bets. All got paid

Comment

They do cover themselves quite well for such circumstances.

12.3 If, for any reason, a Bet is inadvertently accepted after the event or match has started and the event in question is covered by our live betting in running service we have the option to apply the appropriate price on the relevant selection and accept the Bet or to determine that the Bet will be void

Truth is the cashier was probably as blissfully unaware as you were that it was I/R and just struck the bet and put it in at whatever odds he was at the time and you would have imo got paid out at a bigger price had it won. People give cashiers way too much credit for trying to screw customers for the greater good of the company.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                      X