Cheltenham Festival 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post

GAB has be predicting winners left right and centre nearly all week ... he's better than the octopus guy last year(!)
    That may or may not be a slight exaggeration
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

So were all playing the Irish open with the loots ya?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        Unbelieveable, memories of Shawiya 1993. Congrats GAB and everyone!
        Lol, memories, I was on that, was a nipper with no clue following a tip. My aunt was a PA for the owner
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

just watched the reply on +1, what a horse tks to IPB for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            One race takes me out of the Cheltenham hole.

Merci!
            Me too, this must be the case for a lot of us.

Comment

just found out what all the fuss was about reading this blog ......WOW I understand now the excitement

Comment

Win for AP at last, hopefully a good omen ahead of Gold Cup

Comment

Rebecca.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

I thought id never back Long run again but with the ground gone soft i think he's the one to be on today.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      7/2 was on my docket for boyles and I got paid at that.

Those Bastards

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Lol, memories, I was on that, was a nipper with no clue following a tip. My aunt was a PA for the owner.
                      Were you!, Ah memories, i couldnt see defeat for Shawiya in my youthfull enthusiasm, he won just as he did his prep races and i couldnt believe i could get 12/1 going into the day.
                      Lost my balls repeatedly on him the next season though!.
                      Last edited by rounders123; 15-03-13, 15:12.

Comment

Our Conor will feel like a distant memory if Sir Des Champs somehow wins this.

Comment

Anyone got any major fancy in the 16.00?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            I have OC and hurricane fly up in a €30 treble with SDC that I placed Monday. I'm a little nervous.

Comment

Salsify a decent shout in the 4.00? Put him in a double with Our Conor earlier

Comment

Given Sprinter Sacre's performance, it's amazing that most commentators are saying Our Conor was the performance of the festival.

Vwp GAB.

[1920's clapping gif]

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  Salsify

Comment

Game as fuck!!!!! <3 Bob

Comment

What a slog. Kauto in his peak would have won that giving them a lap head start.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        you got a sweat!

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                          I have OC and hurricane fly up in a €30 treble with SDC that I placed Monday. I'm a little nervous.
                                          Ah balls great race though. I have the utmost respect for NH jockeys. I do pray JT pulls through. I used to live not far from his family. My thoughts are with them all.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                            BobsWorth
                                            Ponte Alexandre
                                            Our Conor
                                            Hurricane Fly (backed pre Darlans demise) with a big saver on money back special Zarkander

All make or break the week for me, have e/w bets on Defy Logic, Pique Sous and Son of Flicka as well as a few small win bets on AupCharlie, Ballycasey, Sam Winner, Reve De Sivola and Overturn.
                                            Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                            Our Conor now my biggest bet of the year. Chartreux and either BobsWorth or SDC winning would also go a long way towards getting me out of it
                                            That'll do. Was looking grim yesterday evening.

Comment

What a unmitigated mare of a festival Nicholls is having.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Wahoooo, what a great day so far. Two winners and the placepot is well and truly alive.

Comment

come on salsify i need you for a big treble

Comment

Not going to complain after Our Conor pissing home, but SDC there would have completed a treble and a fourfold for me this week for a tidy number.

Was going backwards by the line though after hitting most of the fences all the way around!
                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Really like tricky trickster

Comment

From Horse Racing Ireland

'Our Conor put up a scintillating display to run away with the JCB Triumph Hurdle at Cheltenham.

Never out of the first two in running, Dessie Hughes' youngster stretched his 100% record over jumps to four with an emphatic success.

The 4-1 shot, ridden by Bryan Cooper, bounded clear from the second-last to win unchallenged by 15 lengths from Far West, with Sametegal a further two and a quarter lengths away in third.

Hughes, who was responsible for dual Champion Hurdle hero Hardy Eustace, said: "Everything went well and he jumped brilliant - he's a real one isn't he? I couldn't expect a performance like that. He was on the bit all the way, he was loving it.

"We've had no problems with him whatsoever. He eats and sleeps and any ground is fine for him. He has shown us a lot since his last run in Leopardstown - we thought he'd improved every day. He is certainly a Champion Hurdle horse. He stays, he has foot and he jumps.

"The Champion Hurdle is all about jumping and he certainly does that. Hardy Eustace was a brilliant jumper and so is this lad, but he's totally different to Hardy. We schooled him over hurdles as a two-year-old and he was absolutely fantastic, so we always looked forward to him going jumping. I'm sure he'll go to Punchestown next."

Cooper said: "I've never had a feeling like that before in my life, I was there a mile too soon. I sat for as long as I could but nothing could come with me. We popped the last and then he just idled up the straight, he has some ability.

"I knew we had the race won at the last so I sat back and just let him fiddle. He's got such a good cruising speed. I was glad the rain came as all his form was on heavy."

Comment

Thank you GAB and Our Conor. Some performance from the horse, it also put me well in the black after being in the red all week. Ta an athas orm

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Everyone opening new Coral accounts for their parents etc?

Sprinter Sacre at evens instead of the 1/3 best price elsewhere (max bet £20)

http://sports.coral.co.uk/
                                                            Good oul spin out of them, put the win from that + sign up bonus on oc, they gave me another two free bets, put that on bobs worth. Cashing out the guts of 500yoyos.

edit: lolz another free bet that I just stuck on Salsify there. Rigged account obv.
                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-03-13, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Good enough for him, the sour-faced old fuck
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What a difference a day makes did my stones yesterday. If Salsify wins it's borderline ridiculous and if Gevrey wins I 'll be doing Ravenelli's for a long long time.

Comment

16/1 backstage is decent here
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I was in the bookies the other day just before the opening race on tuesday and i overhear one traveller say to the other '' Ive backed Cheltenian here ya know, i dunno i just like him hes in my head, you know that kinda way''.

I think Nicholls will get his first here on trickster with the same type of thought process. Stuck my PP 20 freebet on it anyway because of their downtime earlier.

Comment

Ship, fookin poxed.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                        Ship, fookin poxed.
                                                                        Who won?

Comment

wtf with a load of them not jumping the last? Counted about 4 including I think Tricky Trickster

Comment

Wow! some Divine Intervention for the Salsify backers
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I had Oscar Delta at 20/1

Comment

Mangan needed both hands on the reins and forget about the whipping business.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  Who won?
                                                                                  Salsify

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                    Who won?
                                                                                    Salsify.

Comment

Jesus. Poor lassie but wp Jazzyfish (and me)!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Salsify
                                                                                        Ahem.

Ship it.

Three winners, get de fook in there.

Comment

Get the fuck in

Comment

Lol, Sweeney thought he was pissing it about 5 out, very lucky but if you're on it you wouldnt give a fuck.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Lol, Sweeney thought he was pissing it about 5 out, very lucky but if you're on it you wouldnt give a fuck.
                                                                                              Ah fcuk it I was on Salsify but you would want a heart of stone not to feel for poor young Jane Mangan

Comment

You fcuking dancer, first treble in for the week gets me out of a hole!!! yeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

PP refunding all losing stakes on Oscar Delta. Fair play, some PR machine.

Comment

Thanks a lot GAB scared a lot of people in a lecture, what a run!

On Make Your Mark here.

Comment

What channel is the rest on?

Comment

RuK

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                            PP refunding all losing stakes on Oscar Delta. Fair play, some PR machine.
                                                                                                            Ha! Wot about the site crashing before the OC race? Feckin joke

Comment

Got a rather serious interest in the Oaks now, will provide decent sweatage through April/May.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                  Ha! Wot about the site crashing before the OC race? Feckin joke
                                                                                                                  Happens every year, standard at this stage.

Comment

One time Viva Colonia, round off a great day

Comment

Heavy enough EW on Drumshambo seeing as it's the last.

Comment

Oh Crick 33/1 and Gus Macrea 40/1 both ew in the lucky last. This race all about the feather weights.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

More of the same you say? Get the fuck in

Our Conor wins the 2013 JBC Triumph Hurdle on Gold Cup day at the 2013 Cheltenham Festival

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X