Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Open Tennis 2013

Anybody have an opinion on this?
    Completed my kyc form on betfair so I could bet on this, it's not as painful as people say.

Took 12/1 a little while ago on A.Radwanska for the Ladies no bet on the mens outright yet. It's an awful draw R Fed has so I fancy a Murray Djokovic final.

I fancy S Stosur later against Zheng @ 1.39 on the machine.
    Also J Tipsarevic to win his second round 3-0 @ 4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
      Took 12/1 a little while ago on A.Radwanska for the Ladies no bet on the mens outright yet. It's an awful draw R Fed has so I fancy a Murray Djokovic final.

I fancy S Stosur later against Zheng @ 1.39 on the machine.
      Also J Tipsarevic to win his second round 3-0 @ 4/5

You're aware of her record in this comp?
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        You're aware of her record in this comp?
        Yup, I'm also aware Zheng had food poisoning last week and can't be any where near 100%

Comment

not very original but in outright betting Djokovic and Azarenka
          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I took Tsonga at a big price to lay off later. There's also some decent value bets listed here. If you're betting on Djokovic then the BetVictor promo is a great deal as they refund all bets if Murray wins (up to £50).
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Take Stosur to the bottle bank
              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Anyone have a stream for this atm? Dying to watch a bit.

nm got Eurosport stream.

Sky Sports stream would be appreciated though.
                Last edited by TheJiggaman; 16-01-13, 10:06.

Comment

Ya Stosur a double break up in the third and loses 5 on the trot. She never lost her ability to tighten up

No Sky stream id say as it's only eurosport coverage afaik

Comment

Firstrowsports.eu should have it
                    Download the handy app for your desktop if you like the site

Comment

Ty lads.

Djok in beast mode atm.

Comment

Housemate told me Victor Chandler were offering €50 stake back (cash) on any losing single if Murray wins.

Might still be available.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

First time seeing this Harrison kid not a bad prospect it seems.

Comment

I like Raonic as a bit of an outside shot to lay off later. Available at $240.

Comment

Also it may seem crazy but how about opposing Serena. Purely on the weather here today and her injury, should be able to get a decent price and hope she retires.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                Also it may seem crazy but how about opposing Serena. Purely on the weather here today and her injury, should be able to get a decent price and hope she retires.
                                Williams is 1.03 on betfair so it wouldn't cost u much to lay her for a few shillings.

Small bet on Laura Robson at 2.7 v Kvitova stifling heat is not Kvitova's friend due to her asthma.

Comment

Yeah I reckon if Serena is going to get beat in this tournament it'll be in one of the earlier rounds due to complaceny more than anything, been either win or early exits last few years in majors. If She makes the quarters she'll piss imo, but prob worth a cheeky lay in matces before that.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Didn't get to see the robson match as I'd left for work looks like it was a close run thing.

Also I see Serena won to two and love. Not to worry she'll be a similar price next time

Comment

Did a little double tonight Cilic 2/5 to beat Seppi and Raonic 4/6 to beat Kohlschreiber.
                                      It's gonna be pretty hot so not going mad with the bet even though I fancy both. Two singles and the double at 11/8.

Laid Serena for pennies again just because her price is ridiculous.

Comment

If those matches are today it ain't hot. High of 22 and its cloudy this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                          If those matches are today it ain't hot. High of 22 and its cloudy this morning.
                                          Ya I read the forecast totally arseways. Meh I'm happy with the bet

Comment

Ugh I wake up to see Cilic loses in 5 sets. Seppi getting some decent results will follow him with interest when the clay season kicks in. I get the single back at least due to a money back special.
                                            Raonic won in straight sets

The coverage on eurosport has been very good all week.

R Fed breezing through his service games so far and Tomic has been quite good holding his own serve under severe pressure. Good watch so far

Comment

Looking at banking on an accumulator on all the favs in the last 8, possibly with trebles built in mainly due to fear of Novak being wrecked.

Looking like 1.8ish for the accumulator.
                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                Looking at banking on an accumulator on all the favs in the last 8, possibly with trebles built in mainly due to fear of Novak being wrecked.

Looking like 1.8ish for the accumulator.
                                                Not a fan of that bet at 4/5 tbh and the cross trebles will be 4 more bets and only one treble(obv) getting you money back should one fav lose. That treble won't be returning much more than 1/2 or 1.5ish. Just can't see the point in adding 4 more bets when u could increase the stake on the 4 fold instead. Would be different if 2 or more of the elections were at a bigger price maybe.

Edit: my own bet in this thread proves this really. I did two singles and a double all 30 quid so 90 in total. Had a winner at 4/6 and a 2/5 loser. I got 50 quid back. If I'd just done a 40 double I'd have wound up with the same returns. As in down 40 quid.
                                                Feel like I'm waffling, any of this making sense?
                                                Last edited by Aya14; 21-01-13, 16:42.

Comment

Came to this realisation myself, just did the accum. Short odds don't worry be that much, I'm pretty happy with it tbh although no doubt I'll get a serious sweat.
                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Thoughts on the final? In my eyes it's somewhat of a toss up but bordering on Novak, on one hand you have Murray who has been playing very well throughout the tournament and for most the part year, came through against Federer although his second serve was somewhat exposed. Added to this the fact of having the four hour game and a day less recovery is sure to play a factor.

Novak on the other hand game through easily against Ferrer and his mammoth game is now over a week ago. Since then he has looked comfortable and in control but Murray will be the first who can mix it with him on serve return. He is bound to be out for revenge after the US but this could also play in Murray's favour that he knows how to beat him in a GS final.

At 1.57 Novak is too short for my liking and I like a small met on Murray and a bet on 5 sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                      Thoughts on the final? In my eyes it's somewhat of a toss up but bordering on Novak, on one hand you have Murray who has been playing very well throughout the tournament and for most the part year, came through against Federer although his second serve was somewhat exposed. Added to this the fact of having the four hour game and a day less recovery is sure to play a factor.

Novak on the other hand game through easily against Ferrer and his mammoth game is now over a week ago. Since then he has looked comfortable and in control but Murray will be the first who can mix it with him on serve return. He is bound to be out for revenge after the US but this could also play in Murray's favour that he knows how to beat him in a GS final.

At 1.57 Novak is too short for my liking and I like a small met on Murray and a bet on 5 sets.
                                                      If your gonna have a bet on murray and a bet on 5 sets are you not better off backing murray straight on paddypower and if it goes to set 5 and he loses you get a refund?

If you back both singles you could lose both bets

Comment

I backed Murray at 3.5 before the Fed game obly for a small bet so won't be laying off.

More interested in seeing a good final. Nearly every slam final in the past 3/4 years has been top quality. The final here last year was as good a game as you'll ever see on this surface. Murray playing to similar level now that Nadal was at that point Djokovic is still playing to that level. So I hope for and expect a great final which is hopefully a 5 set thriller that goes about 20 games long in the 5th.

Comment

Powers' money back special is pretty decent.

If the game goes to 5 sets and your player loses they're refunding losing bets. 100 max refund.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                            Powers' money back special is pretty decent.

If the game goes to 5 sets and your player loses they're refunding losing bets. 100 max refund.

Jesus that's too good to turn down. Looking at the set betting there doesn't seem to be much value on my predicted outcome, 11/4 on Djok 3-0 and 10/3 on 3-1

Comment

Working...
                                                            X