The London Olympics betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Dai wins the bronze in a shootoff, great tip and great sweat from that with all the shootoffs.

Thanks mugsy. I think he deserves a tag for that Kev!

Something like 'would shoot an apple off your head' or 'straight arrow' or something like that.
    Good man X and good man Mugsy. Great sweat too.

Tagline updated

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
      same actually, checked the bet after you said it and saw they had it down as losing. I got onto live support and they are passing it onto the settlement to see if there's an error. Same for you?
      Yeah, they said the very same thing. Its now an unsettled bet again.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Had to get on to PP there. They had my bet down as a losing bet but I backed Dai each way with 3 places paid.
        Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
        same actually, checked the bet after you said it and saw they had it down as losing. I got onto live support and they are passing it onto the settlement to see if there's an error. Same for you?
        Same here admitted the error and had to pass to senior agent for my account to be credited

Comment

Bolt (Mens 100m) & Fraser-Pryce (Womens 100m) Both To Win Gold
          10/3 enhanced on for the interest

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Like Murray +2.5 in the tennis. Djokovic hasn't been at his best during either Wimbledon and think the best of 3 set format suits Murray better against the bigger players.
              Murray wins in straight sets
              Profit before people.

Comment

I have a couple of multiples on five athletes in the track and field.

They are Allyson, Sanya, Jess, Usain and Sally Pearson. I just got very worried about the 400m after seeing the Russian win with consummate ease in under 51 seconds.
                Just to clarify on this one. Allyson Felix in the 200m, Usain in the 200m, Sanya in the 400m, Jess in the Heptathlon and Sally in the 100m hurdles.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Murray wins in straight sets
                  Just wondering, is there points for this in the tennis rankings?

Comment

Go for blessing in the 100m
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        How is Vicky Pendleton just 5/6 going into the Women's Sprint on Tuesday?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cyclin...grp_ids=677515
                        Fastest in the qualifying round and with a new world record into 4/7 now

Comment

Dropped €400 on the mens 10000m betting Keninesa Bikele. I'm hoping Mo Farah doesn't double up in the 5000m, or I will be very poor.

The men's 100m should be great later.

Comment

really looking forward to the 100m final...

Comment

What time is the 100m final at?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                What time is the 100m final at?
                                21:50

Comment

Ugh, Boyles had a Sunday Special on Bolt and Nevin to do a double yesterday. I fancied them both so stuck a few quid on before I went to bed, woke up and looked at my phone browser, was sitting on the confirm bet screen. FML

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                    Dropped €400 on the mens 10000m betting Keninesa Bikele. I'm hoping Mo Farah doesn't double up in the 5000m, or I will be very poor.

The men's 100m should be great later.
                                    i need Mo Farah for the double @ 11/2.

Comment

Zuzana Hejnova didn't have a good European Championships(Davydova won that) but came out and ran a pretty spectacular race in Monaco about two weeks ago. She is currently priced around 8/1 for the 400m hurdles despite breaking 54 seconds and being the faster qualifier in the first round. I think this is well worth a small interest.

Comment

Zuzana Hejnova didn't have a good European Championships(Davydova won that) but came out and ran a pretty spectacular race in Monaco about two weeks ago. She is currently priced around 8/1 for the 400m hurdles despite breaking 54 seconds and being the faster qualifier in the first round. I think this is well worth a small interest.
                                        Decent run in the semi final too just now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Decent run in the semi final too just now
                                          All about the lane draw in the final. If she is inside Demus and Antyukh I think she wins it. The reason for that is because she can pace herself off them and she is the strongest finisher.

Comment

9/1 with pp
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                              9/1 with pp
                                              Very surprised at that price. I'm already on but wait until you know the lane draw and if what I posted above happens then its worth a small interest I think.

Comment

Very surprised at that price. I'm already on but wait until you know the lane draw and if what I posted above happens then its worth a small interest I think.
                                                Was 7/1 on PP before the semi final. Odd that they bumped it out

Comment

Was 7/1 on PP before the semi final. Odd that they bumped it out
                                                  Yeah the reason for that is because she was comprehensively beaten by Antyukh. Even though they are the two fastest in the world after that semi final it means that Antyukh is a stronger favourite.

Personally I think now that Demus is a massive price. Only problem is she hasn't ran any good times but she has looked like she has it in the locker. The draw is huge though I think. I'm not a fan of Anytukh. She has failed in individual events on the world stage too often for me.

If Demus is inside the other two back her big, if my girl is on the inside cover your bet by backing Demus. Antyukh is the fastest in the world this year but she is almost certain to lose it herself imo.

Comment

I backed GB under 23.5 Gold pre games. They're 2/5 now for 26 and over and they're sitting on 18 golds now. Where are their 8 Gold hopefuls?

Anthony Joshua fave - Super Heavy
                                                    Mo Farha fave - 5000m
                                                    GB 2nd fave in the Sailing 470s
                                                    Daley 2nd fave in the 10m diving
                                                    Chris Hoy 1/5 to win Mens Keirin (although not on the link below)

Official website of the Olympics. Access breaking sports news, watch video highlights, original sports series and relive the best Olympic moments.

Who am i missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                      I backed GB under 23.5 Gold pre games. They're 2/5 now for 26 and over and they're sitting on 18 golds now. Where are their 8 Gold hopefuls?

Anthony Joshua fave - Super Heavy
                                                      Mo Farha fave - 5000m
                                                      GB 2nd fave in the Sailing 470s
                                                      Daley 2nd fave in the 10m diving
                                                      Chris Hoy 1/5 to win Mens Keirin (although not on the link below)

Official website of the Olympics. Access breaking sports news, watch video highlights, original sports series and relive the best Olympic moments.

Who am i missing?
                                                      What about the individual showjumping? Must be well placed for some gold there, also Trott in the womens Omniom. Wouldnt rule out the hockey team too, also could see more than one gold in boxing with some hometown decisions.

edit - also Browlee brothers in triathlon, they were the mortal lock, maybe weakened a bit now with the penalty for Johnny though

Comment

What about the individual showjumping? Must be well placed for some gold there, also Trott in the womens Omniom. Wouldnt rule out the hockey team too, also could see more than one gold in boxing with some hometown decisions.

edit - also Browlee brothers in triathlon, they were the mortal lock, maybe weakened a bit now with the penalty for Johnny though
                                                        Cool, cheers Kev. Didn't look at the expanded schedule and thought most of the events were finished but yeah, there's some more golds for the taking there

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Cool, cheers Kev. Didn't look at the expanded schedule and thought most of the events were finished but yeah, there's some more golds for the taking there
                                                          Pendleton in the womens sprint as well, forgot her.

You are drawing dead on your bet anyway Tony

Comment

Hejnova gets inside the other two. Price cut to 15/2 with PP and best priced 8/1 third fav. on oddschecker.

Hejnova in lane 3, Antyukh in lane 4 and Demus in lane 6. Demus is a good bit out so it will be hard for Hejnova to keep an eye on her but she should be towed right into the race by Antyukh. Its not on until tomorrow night.

Comment

Gold for GB in the team Dressage Flushdraw. That wouldnt have been a cert by any means and they up to 20 now

Comment

Hejnova gets inside the other two. Price cut to 15/2 with PP and best priced 8/1 third fav. on oddschecker.

Hejnova in lane 3, Antyukh in lane 4 and Demus in lane 6. Demus is a good bit out so it will be hard for Hejnova to keep an eye on her but she should be towed right into the race by Antyukh. Its not on until tomorrow night.
                                                                I backed Hejnova at 9's before the draw, bit risky but from watching her in the heat and the semi and Antyukh lack of bottle thought it was worth a small punt. Still a good bet at 8's imo.

Comment

Gold for GB in the team Dressage Flushdraw. That wouldnt have been a cert by any means and they up to 20 now
                                                                  Yeah definetly dead in the water. Neymar/Brazil to get me out of the Olympic hole and that's not looking too fantastic either!

Comment

Sigh Pendleton

Comment

This from the thread on boards, worth a pop?

Brittney Reese in the womens long jump tonight.

She's the favourite at evens. 2nd favourite is 7/1.

The 2nd favourites best jump this year was 7.11m with a +1.3m/s wind behind her. This jump was on the 20th of June.

Reese jumped 7.15 with a +1.0m/s wind behind her and this jump was on the 1st of July.

Looks good for even

Comment

Comment

Ahh - had her in a double so was thinking of laying off a small bit. Sigh drunkenness
                                                                          The relegation in the first race seemed a bit dodge, but she was well beaten in the 2nd.

Comment

Comment

This from the thread on boards, worth a pop?

Brittney Reese in the womens long jump tonight.

She's the favourite at evens. 2nd favourite is 7/1.

The 2nd favourites best jump this year was 7.11m with a +1.3m/s wind behind her. This jump was on the 20th of June.

Reese jumped 7.15 with a +1.0m/s wind behind her and this jump was on the 1st of July.

Looks good for even

Talk about marginal!

I'd be of the opinion that 7/1 is a better bet there, only takes a tiny swing in fortunes tonight for minuscule differences like the above to even out.

Comment

And she was 1/5 yesterday. Was the Aus that won?

All monies back on the long jump hopefully!
                                                                                Yeah Aussie won it 2 zip

Comment

Small bet on South Korea against Brazil at 13/2. They were excellent against England, very well organised with some very good technical players. Brazil scraped through against Honduras in very unconvincing fashion and the dodgy red card for Honduras swung the game.

South Korean players also have the added incentive that if they win this game they get a medal which means they avoid having to do the mandatory military service back in Korea!

Originally posted by Telegraph
                                                                                  Every Korean must serve for 18 months before the age of 29 or face being exiled from the country (which is still technically at war with neighbouring North Korea) but their footballers have been told they will be excluded from this mandatory duty it if they bring a medal back home.
                                                                                  Opr

Comment

Was just about to post about Reese tonight but see its already posted. Reese has completely dominated the event on the world stage since for the last couple of years and 11/10 is a weird price. I thought she would be 1/3. I've heard nothing about any injury with her so I have to presume she is in good shape.

And then there is Ivan Ukhov the guy who liked to party. He is young and is only entering his prime now. This year he has jumped higher than anybody else at 2.39. He has cleared 2.37 at another meeting as well, his best before this year was 2.36 once and 2.34. And only his compatriot Silnov has jumped 2.37 this year.

Comment

I've also taken a small interest in Alekna in the discus. He was Olympic Champion in 2000 and 2004 but only won bronze in 2008. It looked like his career was going downhill towards retirement but he comes in here as the second longest on the year and he is certainly a big tournament competitor. I'm not at all confident about him but I got 16s on Betfair so I had to have some of that. I think he has a much better chance than that.

And wow Sally Pearson.

Comment

I've also taken a small interest in Alekna in the discus. He was Olympic Champion in 2000 and 2004 but only won bronze in 2008. It looked like his career was going downhill towards retirement but he comes in here as the second longest on the year and he is certainly a big tournament competitor. I'm not at all confident about him but I got 16s on Betfair so I had to have some of that. I think he has a much better chance than that.

And wow Sally Pearson.
                                                                                        Good start

Edit - why cant I find that womens long jump odds anywhere?
                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 07-08-12, 18:54.

Comment

Have put small bet on Korea for the sweat!
                                                                                          My second big bet for the Olympics(even though I said I was gonna stop after the first came in) has just gone on. Katie Taylor available at 1.22 to win gold at this stage is fantastic!! So I doubled that with a conlon win tonight. Also a smaller treble with Barnes aswell!
                                                                                          Support the Irish sure!!
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ukhov, losing his singlet, throwing on an auld t-shirt and clearing the height like a boss

Comment

Comment

Nice shout./ tyvm

Comment

Christ how is that not a penalty to Korea?

Opr

Comment

Any point taking on the Aussie in the hurdles?

Big pressure.

Gonna go with Harper on the off chance

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                      Christ how is that not a penalty to Korea?

Opr
                                                                                                      I just realised I did a drunk bet on south Korea to win their group a few days back so I'm not 1 for 1 this Olympics . I also might start hating them!
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Any point taking on the Aussie in the hurdles?

Big pressure.

Gonna go with Harper on the off chance
                                                                                                        ul, she gave ya good run for it though

Comment

ul, she gave ya good run for it though
                                                                                                          Deffo prefer the 7/1 sweat than the 1/6 one!

Comment

Biggest bet so far on Kiprop in the 1500.

Backed at a range of odds from 2's down & also in a double with Farrah in the 5000.

Comment

Come on Kiprop to make this a fantastic night for me please!

Comment

Wtf was that about? Its like Kiprop was injured or something?

Comment

Looks like it.

Winner should be in the 100m aswell.

Could probably win the Grand National too

Comment

drugs

Comment

Just to clarify on this one. Allyson Felix in the 200m, Usain in the 200m, Sanya in the 400m, Jess in the Heptathlon and Sally in the 100m hurdles.
                                                                                                                      Major sweat on this now, by far my biggest bets of the Olympics. Just need Usain to book his place in the final and I'll lay off both of them I think.

Comment

drugs
                                                                                                                        Its not just Kiprop though, these Kenyans have been bossing every race, leading them out and running sub 3.30 but none of them did anything in this. They did it at the diamond league two weeks ago and Makhloufi could only finish fifth over a second behind. Very, very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Good start

Edit - why cant I find that womens long jump odds anywhere?

Rees avail at 7/5

I like that price, I also like taking 9s on Nazarova and 10s on Deloach (jumped 1 jump in qualifcation only, was second best jump of all 3 heats (6.81) ).

Bit of price discrepancy abate!
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 08-08-12, 08:14.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X