Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC backup

Just curious about something:

How often would people who use HEM and the like regularly back up your databases, and what do you use to do it?
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

I have 2 PCs and 2 laptops, how long would it take you to clean all the rubbish off them.

Comment

After importing my hands I archive to a folder which I manually copy to a NAS about once a month.

I haven't tried to do a Db backup using HEM in a while.. Last time i changed laptop i had to export all my HHs and do it that way.

HEM2 has much better Db management through the software (without needing to launch postgresql separately like before)

Comment

I'm asking because I was reading in the Girah thread that oldjude lost his database a while back. For those people who make their livving off the internet pokers I'm suprised that a proper backup process isn't a necessary part of the setups.

I'm thinking of putting together a quick guide, (I don't play enough online to justify using HEM) so was just wondering what people are doing at the moment and what they would need.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

There's a back-up/restore option in Hold'em Manager. The file is only a couple of hundred mbs, best option is just throw that on an external drive or into something like dropbox.

Comment

Working...
          X