using a different charger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using a different charger!

The charger for my laptop (Toshiba if that makes a difference) is busto and i was wondering could i use a different charger i found in the house which is from a different make laptop,

The input and output of Volts are the same on both chargers, there is a little difference though, the output for the origianal charger is 19V and 3.16A where as the other is 19V and 4.74A, I dont know if that makes a difference

any help would be much appreciated as i only have 45mins left of power!

definitely not.

Comment

You can buy a same spec one from ebay fairly handy

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        definitely not.
        is this because the output is slightly different?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          The charger for my laptop (Toshiba if that makes a difference) is busto and i was wondering could i use a different charger i found in the house which is from a different make laptop,

The input and output of Volts are the same on both chargers, there is a little difference though, the output for the origianal charger is 19V and 3.16A where as the other is 19V and 4.74A, I dont know if that makes a difference

any help would be much appreciated as i only have 45mins left of power!
          i recieved my new charger from amazon today for less than 20 euro including p&P, had it in 4 working days
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

If you're stuck and the power inputs are the same size then go for it but long term it's best to get a replacement with the correct power rating.

Our main supplier of power adapters has an ebay shop and ships them from Dublin. I can say we have had few issues and any time there was a warranty claim it was always easy to get it resolved.

Link to what is usually the compatible adapter: http://cgi.ebay.ie/TOSHIBA-PA-1750-2...ht_3154wt_1139

One thing I will say is don't get a universal adapter as you have no idea of what power is going into the laptop and it can easily sizzle an otherwise fine laptop.

Comment

Working...
            X