Dual Monitors for Work Where Best too start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Monitors for Work Where Best too start

I've talked the powers that be into adding a second screen to my PC in Work, As with the amount of diffenert Apps I use (Management System Internet App, Outlook, GPS Screen, Excel & Word doc's + a few other random ones) it's quite time consuming to flicking between things.

So My Question is Where do i start for

1. Decent Monitors (looking for somewhere around the 22-26inch mark) Do I go with Plasma, LCD or LED given price etc

2. Hardware requirements for computer (such as Graphic's cards) what level of graphic cards do I need for this

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
    I've talked the powers that be into adding a second screen to my PC in Work, As with the amount of diffenert Apps I use (Management System Internet App, Outlook, GPS Screen, Excel & Word doc's + a few other random ones) it's quite time consuming to flicking between things.

So My Question is Where do i start for

1. Decent Monitors (looking for somewhere around the 22-26inch mark) Do I go with Plasma, LCD or LED given price etc

2. Hardware requirements for computer (such as Graphic's cards) what level of graphic cards do I need for this

Thanks in advance for any advice given
    There was a thread started the other day not loads of reply's but some decent links even thou imo they look crazy expensive.

Shouldn't be too difficult running a 2nd monitor off your desktop if its new, just need a splitter and probably some tinkering about with it when you get it. Obviously if you have a price you will be able to get a more detailed answer monitor wise.

Try searching the site as I'm sure there has been plenty of threads like this before maybe even in the old place as well.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      There was a thread started the other day not loads of reply's but some decent links even thou imo they look crazy expensive.

Shouldn't be too difficult running a 2nd monitor off your desktop if its new, just need a splitter and probably some tinkering about with it when you get it. Obviously if you have a price you will be able to get a more detailed answer monitor wise.

Try searching the site as I'm sure there has been plenty of threads like this before maybe even in the old place as well.
      Yeah read that and looked at the links so wondering if someone had seen any good deals on monitors etc as it's a work expensie it has to be justified as a good price vs what were getting!

Comment

Monitors are just monitors at this point, there's no point spending stupid money because you won't get anything more for it. Just get whatever's the right size for your needs.

Graphics cards can be done cheaply too. I have a relatively ancient Nvidia 9 Series graphics card and it's got two DVI ports on it. Nvidia 8 series cards shipped with one DVI and one VGA port and they could be used at the same time. They're like £25 on Dabs. You certainly don't need the latest and greatest technology for this.

Here, assuming your PC uses PCI Express and the card will physically fit inside it, this one would do:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
        X