My 180 man staked adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 180 man staked adventure

So last week was just an epic spin up session when I spun a few k over two ipoker skins & actaully cashed out

The week only got better when Laois Hammer approached me & offered a staking & coaching deal

Obviously I snapped his arm off & I even offered to fund the games & give him a free % as a fee for coaching but nope he raised & offered to stake me $250 to play 100 x $2.50 Turbo 180 mans

So here I am, Started Monday & as of yesterday played just 20 games
    I'm playing very very short sessions just playing 4 tournament then taking breaks

Have had some nice results already & thanks to them I'm now only a $18.06 liability to Laois Hammer by cashing for $231.94 total already

Going to update this by the 20 games I think, so not to often

Last edited by Donkathon; 29-06-11, 00:34.

G'luck. Run goot
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

great stuff gl u2

Comment

GL. Keep up the run good.

Comment

gl lads hope it works out

Comment

Have to say that although its only been two days the coaching has been deadly with a not so few do's & dont that I obviously just didnt get before

Hopefully I can learn how to play poker through all this

Comment

Good luck with them. Played a few of these myself and they are fun games. A lot of gamble involved at the end

Comment

Think you needed this discipline good luck with it.
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Its been hurting me playing this strategy but it obviously works & sticking to it as much as possible (Few slip ups but for the most part I've been good)

Comment

Best of luck with it...

Comment

Its stuff like this that just makes me cry

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t500/t1000 Blinds + t100 - 8 players -

kanika16 (UTG+1): t17009 M = 7.40
                      Shakowaffle (MP1): t7483 M = 3.25
                      KoRoll05 (MP2): t14534 M = 6.32
                      Daniel72ko (CO): t12925 M = 5.62
                      MJClarke1981 (BTN): t6489 M = 2.82
                      Hero (SB): t17087 M = 7.43
                      The Rachel (BB): t4863 M = 2.11
                      Miembro.Sam (UTG): t21837 M = 9.49

Pre Flop: (t2300) Hero is SB with T T
                      2 folds, Shakowaffle raises to t7383 all in, KoRoll05 raises to t13766, 4 folds

Flop: (t17066) 8 3 Q (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t17066) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t17066) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t17066
                      Shakowaffle shows A 9 (a pair of Deuces)
                      KoRoll05 shows K K (two pair, Kings and Deuces)
                      KoRoll05 wins t17066

Comment

Good luck with this

Comment

gl with this, you'll learn to love them as they're soft as shit.

Comment

best of luck with it

Comment

So today was another great day

I played to late last night & got tired & played the worst hand I think I have ever played the last game of last night

10 left & I had almost twice the average in chips & I make stupid move against I think he was the 2nd in chips with about 50k aswell (I had I think 58k) which crippled me & put me out a couple of hands later in 10th for a stupid min cash

This hands really got to me, (No I'm not posting the hand cause I feel sick thinking of it)

So anyway played 19 games had only the 2 min cashes & on the 20th I ship my 2nd in 38 games

I'm posting my pt3 graff now but I am still playing game # 40 so might get more of a cash aswell

I can now transfer back Laios Hammer's original $250 Stake leaving $264.37 in my account with only $150 need to play out the final 60 games

So were already $114.37 GTD profit

Comment

Doing great John.

You are in good hands with David anyway.

Have you read Shawn Deebs guide on twoplustwo aswell? Handy peice on mastering these.

Comment

No but not going to be playing for the rest of the day as I've got to head out in a few hours & do some work but will check it out

Comment

Gl for the last 60 games, looks like you have mastered that level so far...

Comment

shaun deebs guide is old and is for the old 4.40/22 regular speed 180's no point in reading it, dave knows everythign you need to know and reading it would be a waste of time imo

Comment

Best of luck with this and what chip said Laois obv knows these games and has a great turbo game your in good hands. I'm not looking forward to updating mine at the end of the month i'm on something like a 300+ games downswing lol so sik.

Comment

maybe you should post your own guid for crushing these based on ur experience so far..
                                          they're not part of my immediate plans for playing but it might help someone following this thread... gl with this ...nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                            No but not going to be playing for the rest of the day as I've got to head out in a few hours & do some work but will check it out
                                            What time it finish up at? ragin I had to come home and work

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                              shaun deebs guide is old and is for the old 4.40/22 regular speed 180's no point in reading it, dave knows everythign you need to know and reading it would be a waste of time imo
                                              Thanks for this as I had not realised.

Would love a proper guide to work off.

Comment

glgl keep it up, I'm on the downswing end of things at the mo, soul destroying to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by corigi View Post
                                                  What time it finish up at? ragin I had to come home and work
                                                  2am, just in the ddor so going to play 4 then off for my beauty sleep

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                                                    maybe you should post your own guid for crushing these based on ur experience so far..
                                                    they're not part of my immediate plans for playing but it might help someone following this thread... gl with this ...nice work
                                                    I can 100% HIV positively say I'm nowhere near crushing these,
                                                    When/ if I run over 1k of these @ 15-20% ROI then I'll be happy but as of now I've just poxed a few results really

1st x 2
                                                    2nd x 1
                                                    5th x 2
                                                    10th x 1
                                                    12th x 1

& about half a dozen finishing just outside the money i.e. 19th - 29th

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                                                      Couldn't possibly reveal Dave's master plans either

I'm sure his that expensive to hire for a few dozen hh reviews & coaching

(Just put refered by Donkathon on it also )

Comment

2am, just in the ddor so going to play 4 then off for my beauty sleep
                                                        lol only played 2 after all, loaded them 1 after another & 1st one I busted 23rd (5 off money)

& second I'm here down to final 18 (ITM) with nearly double the avg, getting consistently deep/ ish now

Comment

Last 10 finishing places

78th
                                                          1st
                                                          118th
                                                          43rd
                                                          53rd
                                                          44th
                                                          80th
                                                          5th
                                                          23rd
                                                          1 of 13 left atm

Comment

I'm so tired & have another brain fart on the FT

Thankfully they are becoming more & more rear but here it is to shame myself

3rd btw

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t3000/t6000 Blinds + t600 - 3 players - View hand 1359317
                                                            DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

xFarOutMan (SB): t57569 M = 5.33
                                                            Hero (BB): t110013 M = 10.19
                                                            VeeDuuU (BTN): t102418 M = 9.48

Pre Flop: (t10800) Hero is BB with 7 K
                                                            VeeDuuU raises to t18000, 1 fold, Hero raises to t109413 all in, VeeDuuU calls t83818 all in

Flop: (t208436) 4 J 6 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t208436) 2 (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t208436) Q (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t208436
                                                            Hero shows 7 K (high card King)
                                                            VeeDuuU shows 9 9 (a pair of Nines)
                                                            VeeDuuU wins t208436

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with that shove Donkathon. One thing of note tho, if he is opening for 3x with blinds that big when you're 3 handed, you can assume that he's pretty lolbad. I hope you're taking notes on these guys

Comment

I dont think the shove is bad but ICM prob says fold?

Comment

Thanks for the replies lads but I'm still not happy with the ship

Think I could have picked a better spot is all

Comment

Late starting today so going to try wiz through 8-12 of these today

Comment

Just finished my little micro session of 4 tournaments

Only one cash for 5th ,

Ran my ship on the button (I had Q-8 suited) into sb's rockets
                                                                      Last edited by Donkathon; 30-06-11, 16:40.

Comment

Now back to the grind, decided to treat myself to a new table image aswell

Current balance = $342.14
                                                                        (Have shipped Laios Hammers original $250 stake back already)
                                                                        (50 games left so only need $125 = $217.14 Gtd profit half way through)

Comment

gl in this mate, great results and turnover best of luck with the rest of this mate

Comment

Now back to the grind, decided to treat myself to a new table image aswell

Current balance = $342.14
                                                                            (Have shipped Laios Hammers original $250 stake back already)
                                                                            (50 games left so only need $125 = $217.14 Gtd profit half way through)
                                                                            i will keep an eye out for you mate.
                                                                            i decided to give these a go this evening and i shipped the first one i played should probably quit now while iam undefeated in these $2.20 180mans but the degen in me tells me to keep donating

oh and i doubt i will win another 60/40 between here and christmas

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#39
                                                                              Sigh............................

Originally posted by PokerStars Support
                                                                              Hello eula101,

The image you have selected has been disapproved. The use of website URLs in table images is not permitted.

To select a new image, go to "Account" in the main lobby menu, then click on "Select/Change Image". Note that you are only allowed one change, so choose your new image carefully.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team
                                                                              Take II

Comment

#40
                                                                                Yep that did it

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I forgot to update this through the 60th game but here we stand atm

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Bout time I won another one

Edit: (Incase you dont get the humor I just shipped my 3rd just now)

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I just couldnt go to sleep with out posting the graff,

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Just going to play a set of 3 now as I'm playing the $55 omaha game @ 2pm as I have a free ticket from last weeks promo & dont want to be jugling 5 tables

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Today is obviously going to be a good day

Hand #1
                                                                                          Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 9 players -

Ntamosauskas (UTG+1): t1500 50 BBs
                                                                                          Radzevich (UTG+2): t4465 148.83 BBs
                                                                                          istribitel (MP1): t2220 74 BBs
                                                                                          Karel1900 (MP2): t1470 49 BBs
                                                                                          Fabioxb (CO): t1370 45.67 BBs
                                                                                          savman189 (BTN): t2570 85.67 BBs
                                                                                          MavisHandbag (SB): t1470 49 BBs
                                                                                          Morgan Gogo (BB): t1460 48.67 BBs
                                                                                          Hero (UTG): t1440 48 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is UTG with J J
                                                                                          Hero raises to t1440 all in, 3 folds, Karel1900 raises to t1470 all in, 4 folds

Flop: (t2925) T J J (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t2925) A (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t2925) Q (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t2925
                                                                                          Karel1900 shows 9 A (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
                                                                                          Hero shows J J (four of a kind, Jacks)
                                                                                          Hero wins t2925

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Hand #2
                                                                                          Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players -

Brilijant (MP1): t1500 75 BBs
                                                                                          der Onanist (MP2): t1190 59.50 BBs
                                                                                          ova568 (CO): t1470 73.50 BBs
                                                                                          Hero (BTN): t1450 72.50 BBs
                                                                                          PaPIK790 (SB): t1415 70.75 BBs
                                                                                          BEERST (BB): t1480 74 BBs
                                                                                          DENIS BUSH (UTG): t1900 95 BBs
                                                                                          byvaly55 (UTG+1): t1500 75 BBs
                                                                                          ilias247 (UTG+2): t1595 79.75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN with A A
                                                                                          2 folds, ilias247 calls t20, 1 fold, der Onanist raises to t100, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1450 all in, PaPIK790 calls t1405 all in, 2 folds, der Onanist calls t1090 all in

Flop: (t4060) 4 J 9 (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: (t4060) J (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t4060) 7 (3 players - 3 are all in)

Final Pot: t4060
                                                                                          der Onanist shows K K (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
                                                                                          Hero shows A A (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
                                                                                          PaPIK790 shows 8 8 (two pair, Jacks and Eights)
                                                                                          Hero wins t450
                                                                                          Hero wins t3610

Comment

#46
                                                                                            wow second quads of the day

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 9 players -

newt nk (SB): t3615 36.15 BBs
                                                                                            Ntamosauskas (BB): t1300 13 BBs
                                                                                            Hero (UTG): t4000 40 BBs
                                                                                            Boozo1974 (UTG+1): t5220 52.20 BBs
                                                                                            MRL123 (UTG+2): t2400 24 BBs
                                                                                            juliovieira (MP1): t1405 14.05 BBs
                                                                                            Latriukas- (MP2): t1275 12.75 BBs
                                                                                            Sudarevi (CO): t2680 26.80 BBs
                                                                                            momme1 (BTN): t3850 38.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is UTG with T T
                                                                                            Hero calls t100, 5 folds, momme1 calls t100, newt nk raises to t400, 1 fold, Hero raises to t4000 all in, 1 fold, newt nk calls t3215 all in

Flop: (t7430) T 4 9 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t7430) T (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t7430) 2 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t7430
                                                                                            newt nk shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Tens)
                                                                                            Hero shows T T (four of a kind, Tens)
                                                                                            Hero wins t7430

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Busted out 2 of my 3 games but just started the final table here chip leader here on my 3rd

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Railing your Ft, that Kevvu is a pretty solid reg. gl man and great job so far.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Jesus if I could only get a hand over J high

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Sigh........................

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t3000/t6000 Blinds + t600 - 3 players -

Hero (BB): t106494 M = 9.86
                                                                                                    ant1ch999 (BTN): t49336 M = 4.57
                                                                                                    orloffsky57 (SB): t114170 M = 10.57

Pre Flop: (t10800) Hero is BB with A J
                                                                                                    1 fold, orloffsky57 raises to t113570 all in, Hero calls t99894 all in

Flop: (t213588) 9 5 6 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t213588) 2 (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t213588) 7 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t213588
                                                                                                    Hero shows A J (high card Ace)
                                                                                                    orloffsky57 shows T T (a pair of Tens)
                                                                                                    orloffsky57 wins t213588

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Pretty good last two games of the stakes hopefully

Chip leader in both, 13 left in one & 25 left in the other

1 time double baby

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Break now, 3 of 7 in one & 1 of 15 on other

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Shippage in one & 2 of 6 in the second

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Shippage in one & 2 of 6 in the second
                                                                                                            1 time dealer

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              back to back shippages ftw lol

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Well here it is in all its glory

100 Games Played 4 of which were $2.20 mtt's:

1st x 5 @ $123.19 = $615.95
                                                                                                                2nd x 1 @ $82.08 = $82.08
                                                                                                                3rd x 3 @ $48.83 = $146.49
                                                                                                                5th x 3 @ $26.67 = $80.01
                                                                                                                Mins x 3 @ $4.92 = $14.76
                                                                                                                Mtt x 1 @ $6.28 = $6.28 (Only mtt cash)

Cashed in a total of 16 games for a total of $945.57 cashes

Total entries paid $254 (I used the extra $4 in re-buys in a mtt)

Total Profit $695.57

Minus original stake of $250 = $695.57 /2 = $347.79

$347.79 + $250= $597.79

Returned to Laois Hammer= $597.79
                                                                                                                My Profit = $347.78

End graff

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  well done john

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    All I can say is if you wanna build a decent roll keep playing the 2's and move up as you get enough of a roll but put in the volume more and learn to mass table well played sir keep it going

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                      All I can say is if you wanna build a decent roll keep playing the 2's and move up as you get enough of a roll but put in the volume more and learn to mass table well played sir keep it going
                                                                                                                      Yeah Laois Hammer has said he'll go for a round 2 so I'm going to do that but going to be taking 2 weeks off first as I've to head over to london next week & need a new laptop aswell but definitly sticking @ the $2.50 180's

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Yeah Laois Hammer has said he'll go for a round 2 so I'm going to do that but going to be taking 2 weeks off first as I've to head over to london next week & need a new laptop aswell but definitly sticking @ the $2.50 180's
                                                                                                                        Listen to him and take everything in because your getting coaching that you'll use for a long time these games are easy when you put the time in and with daves help you'll crush sooner than you think

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X