Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vegas blog 2011 - devilfishwaldo

hi all,

heading to vegas this saturday for the wsop and have decided to keep a blog after some encouragement from others. joining me in sin city will be my good mate liam o reilly (luckforsome).
    this will be our second time over for the series.
    after a financially unsuccesfull yet enjoyable trip last year, all i could think about was going back! i decided some changes were needed in my game for 2011. i decided i was sick of bubbling and min cashing.
    changes have been implimented to my game since, and im getting there. there are still some small weaknesses but its bloody hard turning yourself from solid player into a loose aggressive. it is such a huge change to the system but i know its right. ive been one of the chip leaders at some stage in just about every festival this year! i p155ed away one or two of them in fairness but im getting closer and closer to the game i want which is one that will win big tournaments.
    anyways, back to vegas!
    the schedule for vegas is:
    the 1k on the 26th, the 1.5k on the 28th, the 1k on july 2nd.
    in between i will probably play some venetian deepstacks. after the 2nd i will focus on qualifying for the main by doing some sats in the rio. if this fails i will go back to the venetian and caesars tournies. liam will have a pretty similar schedule and il keep you posted.
    this is my very first blog so i apologise for the quality of the blog (or of the play for that matter )

hopefully we can bring home the bacon!

il write again at the weekend

cheers

james waldron

devilfishwaldo

viva las vegas!
    Last edited by devilfishwaldo; 20-06-11, 18:50. Reason: spelling

Excellent man wish you all the best looking forward to keeping up to date with your progress, ship ship
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

hello folks,

apologies for the delay on this, problems with connection in the flamingo.
      so down to the poker. played the 1k on sunday, was playing really good stuff. i was probably the only lag on the table so it was going good early on. had my chips up to 5500 after 2 levels. then the table broke after the first break and i pretty much hovered around the same stack for a while until a hand where i got ak on the button. i standard raised it slightly more than 2x, this was immediately 3 bet by the small blind, i do not give him credit for much and go ahead and 4 bet all in. he shockingly decides to make the call with
      a4 off and out bink two fours on the flop and out the rio storms waldo!
      tuesday i played the 1.5k. again the standard was not great. there was probably one other decent player at the table. i chipped up well for a few levels until a big clash with a swedish player who rivered two pair on me with his j3 against my aj. that left me with about 10 bigs.
      the very next hand i get ak on the button and ship it, the big blind calls with tens and im out the door again!
      have played a few other tournaments since in the rio and caesars. got some dough back when i finished 5th for $1300 in a 120 turbo in caesars. it aint much but at least its a cash to get me going.
      played the 340 venetian deepstack today and i really played my A game. from the off, i absololutely dominated the table, raising maybe 50% of hands. the starting stack was 12k and i had it up to 38k after two levels. was making sum great bluffs, laydowns and calls.
      won a monster pot early on when i triple barrelled with 9 high and took it down on the river.
      there was a big pot were i called a raise from a weak player on the button in the small blind with k10 suited,
      the big blind who is also a bad player also calls. the flop comes 2 5 5.
      i decide to lead out for a third to half the pot and try and take it down.
      the big blind insta calls and the button raiser folds. the turn brings the 4 of spades to put a flush draw on the board. i check and he checks behind. the river brings the 2 of diamonds.
      i check and he bets more than the pot. i thought it through and decided to make the call with k high.
      everything was goin great until this same guy rivered me in three seperate big pots. pretty disgusting too. i was left with 10 bigs and ship a10 in the small bling and guess what the big blind has ak.
      the main aim was to improve on my weaknesses this trip and im doing that to a certain extent so far, i just need to start running good
      venetian 550 deepstack tomorrow then the wsop 1k at the weekend. hopefully il keep playing as well as i did this morning!
      other than that, we'r having a good time, weathers fantastic as usual, got out to the flamingo pool a couple of times. planning on going to a show or two during next week. looking forward to seeing david haye getting knocked out aswell!
      but without doubt the highlight of the week has to be seing a guys name who works at the cashiers in the rio.
      on his nametag was the name "IN BUM"
      absololute quality!

Comment

made day 3 of the wsop 1k. run good tommorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by devilfishwaldo View Post
          made day 3 of the wsop 1k. run good tommorrow!
          What sort of stack have you got? I cant find you on the updates.

Comment

short stack lads 135k . blinds will be 5/10 tomorrow. average is about 250 i reckon

Comment

GL Waldo, great run so far. Keep her lit!

Chippie has 800k, blinds 4k/8k and min-cash now is $13k.

Comment

cheers lads, il do my best. started day 2 really short and then got a big stack in like an hour so hopefully goes the same!

Comment

Stephen Ness 267k, ste's from northern Ireland

Took down the sunday brawl a few months back, nice chap hope he goes far!!

gl james 2
                  https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

good stuff sir,nice cash,hope it keeps going!
                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

any rich dudes wana stake me into the main?

Comment

Working...
                      X