$50nl and Upwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$50nl and Upwards

Starting a log here as I start to regrind a bankroll from 50nl, hopefully will be able to keep the log going and move upwards as it goes. Most poker logs just fall by the wayside on here so hopefully I can change that. It's so easy to post up when things are going well but I like everyone else can't be bothered writing anything when you have had a bad session so no promises on that.

I started off the year with a bankroll >$10k but a very bad start to the year (-$5k) and losing interest a bit of interest in poker due to this made me want to get motivated to start playing again. I withdrew the rest of my roll and left myself €885 in my Neteller account so put this back into a new account today and hopefully can regrind from there at $50nl.

I just bought a new screen this week as well, a ultra high definition so will be able to keep all my tables on the one screen. Should be delivered tomorrow so will post up a photo of my new set up then. I don't intend on mass mutlitabling for the first part of this as I havn't played 50nl in probably nearly 3 years so want to get used to the games first. I don't want to be too aggro and keep getting it in too light so will try and figure out some of the players first.

Bankroll wise I have about $1.2k depending on euro currency so I should be comfortable enough. I have about $400 rb due from last month but most likely will just cash it out unless I get off to a very bad start. I will try and use my experience from having played 100ks hands at higher stakes to get back up to 100nl as soon as I can.

I did play for almost an hour this evening and won a couple of dollars (quite literally), the plan for this log is to post up some of the more intersting hands from the session and a graph with stats at the end. So without further adue:

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($50)
    UTG ($50)
    MP ($50.20)
    CO ($102.50)
    Hero (Button) ($50)
    SB ($72.18)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, 4
    3 folds, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 9, 4, 4 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.25) Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB raises $13, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($34.25) 10 (2 players)
    BB bets $33 (All-In), Hero calls $33 (All-In)

Total pot: $100.25

Results:
    Hero had J, 4 (three of a kind, fours).
    BB had 9, 9 (full house, nines over fours).
    Outcome: BB won $97.25

Made a new database in HEM so had no stats/reads at all. Basically thought his range was like A4, 45, 64, 74, 34, 99 some bluffs, couldn't rule out a bad player going mental with Q9 or so either. I don't intend on folding turn ever but river could be a fold, but without any reads I was folding trips on this board.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($50.50)
    SB ($47.75)
    BB ($58.84)
    UTG ($54.16)
    MP ($71.76)
    Hero (CO) ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A
    2 folds, Hero bets $1.75, Button calls $1.75, SB raises $6.75, BB raises $14.50, Hero raises $48.25 (All-In), 3 folds

Total pot: $38.75

Results:
    Hero had K, A.
    Outcome: Hero won $73.75

From some of the low stakes HH I've read on here a lot of the players at this level would say to fold this, the BB had been really aggro on the small sample so far, was playing 30/25 with 25% 3b over about 50ish hands so was happy enough to shove here. SB was pretty nitty but sample was too small to make any proper judgement.

Graph and stats below, I will really be trying to work on improving my red line. Stats are loose but these will get tighter as I increase the amount of tables, 5-6 tabling earlier.

Was thinking of starting a poker log myself. Best of luck. What site you playing on?

Comment

Interesting Pauric hope your not on ipoker.

Not sure about the second hand but you will do well to be in good shape when cards turn over from what ive seen. Its interesting tho if you have QQ there in the sb i could nearly find a fold when it got back to me.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

There are so many fish and stationy regs at 50NL that I wouldn't worry too much about red line. My red line has always been better the higher I play, up to a positive one at 400NL.

I dunno though, you do things a lot differently to me obv, so I shouldn't really comment.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

hand 1, i would fold preflop. River is actually close.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

j4o is a fold for me on the btn.

GL with the grind. I'm confident you'll be back to a five figure roll in no time tbh

Comment

Id fold J4o on the button unless the blinds were complete nits. I think the AK hand is fine if the BB is that agro especially if you have an agro image people will be 3betting you with a slightly wider range.

Best of luck with this, the hardest thing i found when i moved down levels was having respect for the money and thinking everyone was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                Was thinking of starting a poker log myself. Best of luck. What site you playing on?
                Ipoker, best rakeback deal which is so important as the rake taken from the tables is so big in comparison to stacks.

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                Interesting Pauric hope your not on ipoker.

Not sure about the second hand but you will do well to be in good shape when cards turn over from what ive seen. Its interesting tho if you have QQ there in the sb i could nearly find a fold when it got back to me.
                QQ or AK, pretty close either way, still shove QQ though too. But who knows in a months time if I will still think like that.

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                There are so many fish and stationy regs at 50NL that I wouldn't worry too much about red line. My red line has always been better the higher I play, up to a positive one at 400NL.

I dunno though, you do things a lot differently to me obv, so I shouldn't really comment.
                Not worried about red line, It's the blue line that needs working on. Hopefully I can get some more thin value out of guys here that would put my blue line up.

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                j4o is a fold for me on the btn.

GL with the grind. I'm confident you'll be back to a five figure roll in no time tbh
                Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                Id fold J4o on the button unless the blinds were complete nits. I think the AK hand is fine if the BB is that agro especially if you have an agro image people will be 3betting you with a slightly wider range.

Best of luck with this, the hardest thing i found when i moved down levels was having respect for the money and thinking everyone was crap.
                J4o is a bit loose alright, will probably just start min raising anymore from the button. Will mean I can open more widely more profitably.

Thanks for the good lucks, hopefully I will be able to keep this up to date. Doing that will be as tough as moving up imo.

Comment

Fun hand here, utg is obv a huge donk, utg+1 aint much better and btn is very aggro so far. Probably just a high variance spot sticking it in here. Both snap call but river is nice.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($51.23)
                  BB ($50)
                  UTG ($46.65)
                  MP ($73.63)
                  Hero (CO) ($55.93)
                  Button ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q
                  UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero bets $3, Button raises $9, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.50, 1 fold, Hero raises $52.93 (All-In), Button calls $41 (All-In), UTG calls $37.65 (All-In)

Flop: ($147.90) 10, 10, 6 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: ($147.90) 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($147.90) Q (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $147.90

Results:
                  Button had K, A (one pair, tens).
                  UTG had J, 7 (one pair, tens).
                  Hero had A, Q (two pair, Queens and tens).
                  Outcome: Hero won $150.83

This hand is against zuutroy, only copped it after the hand though. Only 10 hands on him at the time, I was planning to crai on blank turns but this wasn't one and just let it go.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($52.75)
                  UTG ($51.25)
                  Button ($49.25)
                  Hero (SB) ($50.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
                  2 folds, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 5, 7, 4 (2 players)
                  Hero bets $2.25, BB raises $8, Hero calls $5.75

Turn: ($19) Q (2 players)
                  Hero checks, BB bets $12.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $19

Results:
                  BB didn't show
                  Outcome: BB won $30.55

Ipoker acting the bollix and d/c me when I was 3betting KK and getting action with some other hands. Overall decent enough session, thanks mostly to the hand at the start but got up to 12 tables at the end on my new 2560x1440 27" Dell. Gonna need glasses if I keep that up I'd say

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

This hand is against zuutroy, only copped it after the hand though. Only 10 hands on him at the time, I was planning to crai on blank turns but this wasn't one and just let it go.
                    As8s ftw...ship ship!

You'd prob have folded flop if you knew it was me!
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-11, 22:27.

Comment

Didn't play Thursday or Friday at all so put in a decent 4.7k hand session today. Took about 5 hours as I was 12+ tabling most of the time I was playing. Games were really good and I should have won a lot more than I did. I'm still getting it in too light for 50nl, but there are a number of players that I am going to be pretty happy stacking off too, just need to find a few more of them now.

My biggest leak still is that I lose to many big pots, today out ot 23 pots over 100bb I only won 7, however I am winning a lot of pots that are 10-50bb which makes up for it. But this won't work so well when I move up against tougher players. Anyway enough poker now for the day, graph from todays session below:

Comment

Any chance that myself or any of the others in the "sweat sessions" group could sweat you playing some time? Your redline is envious to most if not all micro/low stakes players.

Would be great for us all just to be able to see the kind of spots we're missing out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          Any chance that myself or any of the others in the "sweat sessions" group could sweat you playing some time? Your redline is envious to most if not all micro/low stakes players.

Would be great for us all just to be able to see the kind of spots we're missing out on.
                          Hi Emmet, really don't want to come across the wrong way here but will give a couple of reasons why I wouldn't really want to do this.

I've given a couple of coaching sessions to a member here were I was charing €50/hour, it wouldn't be very fair on him for me to charge him yet then do this for free for other members.

Also, the way I actually play is not something that is easy to convey, as its very situational/based on how I feel the players are adjusting against me.

Lastly I don't really want to out my SN at the moment either

Comment

Makes a lot of sense, ty for the reply and good luck at the tables!

Comment

Continuing to run pretty well at $50nl in allin EV spots. Had direct position on 2 mega droolers who were deep and was able to bust them both. One was 88/5 and the other was a more aggor 77/33 guy. 88/5 guy would limp, then 77/33 guy would limp, I raise and never got any hassle of the blinds with 3bets so was a total dream. Made some hands against them so got paid off a decent bit. I was playing some of the 200bb deep tables, pretty nice hand against a reg below with a very sick call from him:

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($148)
                              Hero (BB) ($183.34)
                              UTG ($101.62)
                              MP ($150.48)
                              Button ($167.11)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J
                              3 folds, SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) 9, A, 5 (2 players)
                              SB bets $1.50, Hero raises $3.50, SB calls $2

Turn: ($10) 6 (2 players)
                              SB checks, Hero bets $7.50, SB calls $7.50

River: ($25) 10 (2 players)
                              SB checks, Hero bets $46, SB calls $46

Total pot: $117

Results:
                              SB had Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
                              Hero had A, J (flush, Ace high).
                              Outcome: Hero won $114

My play really looks FOS, so I guess his call isn't totally terrible. It's easy for me as hes probably gonna have AK at best here and I had being taking a good few pots away from his with position and floating him a good bit but he never got to see what I had so felt it was a sick good spot for an overbet.

This hand I can probably put down to a cooler I guess. But I do feel that people never every mess with you on these picture card flops, with no draw out there and KK, QQ probably not in his range. I don't really want to flat here as I will have a monster more often than not if I do and a 9, J or A are really shitty cards to come. Probably overthinking this one really but here she is:

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($53.72)
                              Hero (CO) ($76)
                              Button ($128.05)
                              SB ($53.54)
                              BB ($54.99)
                              UTG ($252.13)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, 9
                              UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($6.50) 10, K, Q (4 players)
                              SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.50, Button calls $4.50, SB raises $13, 1 fold, Hero raises $70 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls $39.04 (All-In)

Turn: ($115.08) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($115.08) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $115.08

Results:
                              SB had A, J (straight, Ace high).
                              Hero had J, 9 (straight, King high).
                              Outcome: SB won $112.08

Overall though was another good day at 50nl, would be nice to keep this pace up:

Comment

Are you still offering coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                  Are you still offering coaching?
                                  To be honest I've only ever coached 2 students for a couple of sessions each. It's not something that I've really advertised. I would probably take on some more as I really enjoyed doing it at the time. If you are interested sure send me a PM.

Comment

Another solid day at this, played really well again. Was cursing that I was getting no action with AA so a tight enough player, 19/17 with 4% 3b popped up my UTG raise and I think I played the hand perfectly, T turn wasn't a great card for me but with his turn bet it looks like hes pot commited so I'm happy enough to just check raise allin here as I don't want any more scary cards to pop off. Pretty happy with my line here even though the result wasn't what I was expecting

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (MP) ($72.36)
                                    CO ($29.06)
                                    Button ($53.04)
                                    SB ($50)
                                    BB ($50)
                                    UTG ($27.67)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, A
                                    1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button raises $5.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.25) 6, 9, K (2 players)
                                    Hero checks, Button bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($23.25) 10 (2 players)
                                    Hero checks, Button bets $15, Hero raises $61.11 (All-In), Button calls $26.79 (All-In)

River: ($106.83) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $106.83

Results:
                                    Button had 8, 7 (straight, Jack high).
                                    Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                    Outcome: Button won $103.83

Got the Aces in preflop 2 other times today when it seemed like the more optimal play and was happy to see AK both times but again not a good day for the Aces as I lost both.

The hand below is the type of hands that put me on tilt. Not sure if I played this hand ok, I would really like to know what hes got here. I've seen him before be passive with TP hands and get very little value. His stats were like 30/11 with 2.3 agg but 38% agg freq. Obviosuly aggressive enough but I just don't see him overvaluing top pair hands here much. Hate these folds.

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($50.75)
                                    Hero (MP) ($50)
                                    CO ($53.25)
                                    Button ($50)
                                    SB ($71.09)
                                    BB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K
                                    1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 10, 5, 4 (2 players)
                                    SB checks, Hero bets $2.62, SB calls $2.62

Turn: ($8.74) 6 (2 players)
                                    SB checks, Hero bets $6.50, SB raises $13, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($34.74) 2 (2 players)
                                    SB bets $17.37, Hero folds

Total pot: $34.74

Results:
                                    SB didn't show
                                    Outcome: SB won $50.38

Below hand I'm not really sure about, probably pure spew. I think my line looks really strong here and I just don't see him having a big hand here much but saying its going to be tough for him to fold better. He plays 15/13 but any of his strong hands that are vunerable he plays fast. Like if he had a set here I think he raises because there its a drawy flop. I'm not sure how often these guys show up with a good A much here either. Blah its probably spew, thoughts appreciated.

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($51.14)
                                    UTG ($50)
                                    Hero (MP) ($50.75)
                                    CO ($60.75)
                                    Button ($61.33)
                                    SB ($103.07)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, K
                                    1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) A, 4, 6 (2 players)
                                    Hero bets $2, Button calls $2

Turn: ($7.75) 9 (2 players)
                                    Hero bets $5, Button calls $5

River: ($17.75) A (2 players)
                                    Hero checks, Button bets $12, Hero raises $42.25 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $41.75

Results:
                                    Hero had J, K (one pair, Aces).
                                    Outcome: Hero won $69.92

Last hand just was nice, it's just amazing how light I keep getting called and this isn't really an example of one but light enough none the less.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($37.68)
                                    UTG ($48.17)
                                    MP ($51.33)
                                    Hero (Button) ($57.92)
                                    SB ($51.79)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 10
                                    2 folds, Hero bets $1, SB raises $3.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) 8, J, 3 (2 players)
                                    SB bets $5.62, Hero calls $5.62

Turn: ($18.74) 9 (2 players)
                                    SB checks, Hero bets $12.50, SB calls $12.50

River: ($43.74) 7 (2 players)
                                    SB checks, Hero bets $36.30 (All-In), SB calls $30.17 (All-In)

Total pot: $104.08

Results:
                                    Hero had 8, 10 (straight flush, Jack high).
                                    SB had K, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                    Outcome: Hero won $107.21

Finally the graph

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

he has a set in the KK hand imo.

Comment

Got 2.3k hands in today but played pretty poorly. Was too aggro in a lot of spots, I did get quite a few 5b shoves through though today when I was bluffing so that was good. I notice people 4b bluffing when it just seems really obvious that they are. It's really annoying though that people don't snap call/fold which is more what I am used to. This timing all the way down with 88 and calling is really annoying but good for me I guess that they obviously don't have a clue what they are doing.

I was playing hu for a good bit today at a 200bb 6max table and lost a couple of buyins here by spewing a bit against this guy, would love to play him again though as I got some very nice bet sizing tells from him. Have no real interesting hands to post up from today. Today was my first losing session since starting this, ideally I would have liked to play on longer but United match came on so I left it. I'll get another session in tomorrow evening hopefully.

Comment

Digi just a couple of comments on the hands above.

AA is a 4bet for me - apart from deterring the BTN from 3betting you light. It will also induce spew shoves. Apart from all that though I hate calling 3bets oop. If its not a fish it just looks uber strong

KK is a good fold guy has a set

to me your line looks so FOS in the KJ hand. Id expect you to get looked up v v light in that spot

finally dont be surprised about getting called by J9 its just a product of villains being unable to fold top pair. a factor that needs to be considered when bluffing at 50nl

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                            Digi just a couple of comments on the hands above.

AA is a 4bet for me - apart from deterring the BTN from 3betting you light. It will also induce spew shoves. Apart from all that though I hate calling 3bets oop. If its not a fish it just looks uber strong
                                            Hmmm, I think calling 3bs w/ AA is good sometimes vs thinking players. I think it might even be more of a deterrent to a lot of guys to 3betting you light, in that postflop, they have it a bit tougher if you have a few AA in your range.

Comment

Hmmm, I think calling 3bs w/ AA is good sometimes vs thinking players. I think it might even be more of a deterrent to a lot of guys to 3betting you light, in that postflop, they have it a bit tougher if you have a few AA in your range.
                                              Against thinking players who will assume you are decent what hands can you have that call a 3bet oop that aren't redic strong. personally I think its more +EV to 4bet here.

Comment

I don't think in the 10k hands or so I have played so far that I have "seen" someone 5b me light yet. They have KK+ or AK nearly everytime. I have seen quite a few 4b light bluff though and to really bad sizes like 30bb and stuff. I don't mind calling here with AA as I call with weaker hands here as well stuff like AQs, AQo and sometimes other random hands if they are making it a small size were I think I can call.

The KJ hand I had kinda forgotten about, probably terrible. Just had a feeling he was very weak at the time by the way the hand was played out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  Against thinking players who will assume you are decent what hands can you have that call a 3bet oop that aren't redic strong. personally I think its more +EV to 4bet here.
                                                  So you advocate never calling a 3bet and 4betting really wide? That seems like what your posts logic implies.

Comment

KJ hand looks beyond bad

Comment

So you advocate never calling a 3bet and 4betting really wide? That seems like what your posts logic implies.
                                                      against someone decent 100bb deep i have a pretty narrow range for calling a 3bet - obv im not saying i never do it just that its a very rare occurrence

edit Im just talking about oop here

Comment

Another decent session this morning. Actually played fairly well right up until I was closing down all the tables when I got stacked a couple of times with needless aggression but still happy overall, just should have shut down the tables a few minutes earlier. I did get into some very fun battles with some of the more aggro regs in the games. Actaully will post up 1 hand that was fairly fun. This guy is just a total aggro tard and can't fold TP at all which is pretty nice.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($50.75)
                                                        Hero (SB) ($138.11)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, K
                                                        Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 5, 8, 5 (2 players)
                                                        BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BB raises $6, Hero raises $12.25, BB raises $43.25 (All-In), Hero calls $34.75

Turn: ($101.50) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($101.50) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $101.50

Results:
                                                        Hero had 5, K (full house, fives over Kings).
                                                        BB had 9, 10 (two pair, nines and fives).
                                                        Outcome: Hero won $100.50

Came out of a few battles with this guy on the right side. A couple of the other regs as well were trying to outplay me quite a few times which is fun. I've being flatting some more 3bets which is working out well as I'm getting a couple of streets with their air hands. The hand below I flat QQ because the UTG opener is super tight and the SB is the guy from the hand above who 3bets 10% and squeezes a lot too. He didn't bite this time though. Also his 4x open utg is pretty strong looking and I don't want him folding the hands that I crush either. The river is a strange spot as my hand would look a decent bit like 9x and I might be able to get him to fold TT-AA, on the other hand he may call with these hands, I guess if it was an 8 high board with 8 river I can put 99-AA in his range and its probably a value bet then. I'd say I value town myself here more often than not.

Villan is like 15/11 with 71% cbet and 60% turn cbet (5 samples) but its only over 450 hands. FWIW hes opened 3% of UTG hands, obviously the sample size is bad here but it just shows how tight he is.

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($49.57)
                                                        Hero (CO) ($86.70)
                                                        Button ($50)
                                                        SB ($123.99)
                                                        BB ($58.57)
                                                        UTG ($63.47)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
                                                        UTG bets $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 3, 9, 5 (3 players)
                                                        BB checks, UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($15.25) 8 (2 players)
                                                        UTG bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50

River: ($36.25) 9 (2 players)
                                                        UTG checks, Hero .....

Just found one more hand, this is one of the really aggro guys whos being playing back at me a lot. Seems to be flaoting me quite a bit, earlier I sqzd with 99 and he called with AQ and jammed over my cbet on 335 flop. He plays 29/23 with F3B of 48% over about 3.2k hands. I'm pretty sure I'm good here once he checks back turn and I think there is definete value on river. What do people do here, check or bet?

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($51.25)
                                                        Button ($55.15)
                                                        Hero (SB) ($76.90)
                                                        BB ($50)
                                                        UTG ($120.27)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
                                                        1 fold, MP bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50, Hero raises $6.25, 1 fold, MP calls $5, 1 fold

Flop: ($15) 7, Q, 2 (2 players)
                                                        Hero bets $5, MP calls $5

Turn: ($25) 10 (2 players)
                                                        Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($25) 6 (2 players)
                                                        [color=#CC3333]Hero.....

Graph below:

Comment

Good 1 hour of 14 tabling, finding it pretty ok to 14 table now. Will probably try and get it up to 16 so I can get as many hands in as possible as I'm finding it very tough to get time to play during the week. Weekends I can normally get a couple of hours in each day unless very hungover but so far I'm doing well if I can play more than 2 hours during the week.

The biggest difference I see from 50nl and 100nl+ is that people call very very light in really bad spots. Like someone 3bets me with AKo, I call with AJdd, they bet the 923dd flop, check/call 8d turn and then call my river shove on a 9. I've no idea whey they think they are beating but its pretty nice. I'm probably pretty lucky in that I'm making enough hands were they will call me. Also have seen quite a few trying to trap me with monsters but I'm not biting to much so far, very few people are bluffable in these games so I'm just value betting as light as I can.

No hands of huge interest so just a graph from today:

Comment

1 hour session today was all I could manage, won about 6buyins so wasn't bothered in playing any longer. Probably missing out on some great games but a huge lack of motivation I guess is a problem. Only way for me to grind out a lot is to lose. Started off like a total spew monkey this session, got it in with 20% preflop 3 times in the first 2 mins but won it back pretty quick. Hopefully can manage another couple of thousand hands tomorrow. I should be playing as much as I can as I am running pretty well at the moment and every reg just paying me off with very poor hands. But anyway, graph of today below:

Comment

Played a very long day yesterday, had a nice first session but then played really terrible in the 2nd session. Played very aggro and nothing was working out right at all. Ran into AA so many times preflop when I actually had a big pair. Considering I was playing 16 tables I was playing too loose so half way during the 2nd session after losing 14buyins or so I sat out of every table and closed down any of the ones that had no fish and loaded up more to just have 12. This worked out well and won a few flips to get back up to winning 1 buyin again. These type of sessions are so much better than ones were you win a lot. Just getting back to even is the greatest feeling after being down so much. This will also work out well for the rakeback as I got in over 5k hands with over $300 in rake so was a reasonably profitable session.

I probably have enough to take some shots at 100nl now but I think I will wait until the end of the month or when the rakeback comes in as I will just try and play every currency to make up enough tables. I don't like mixing stakes as it's to confusing so I will just wait it out and play a few more sessions before then. Not going to play any cash today as I'm pretty hungover after the ipb beers last night. A nice looking graph from yesterday

Comment

Didn't get to post up on Monday evening after my session as there was a power cut and next thing I knew was my 16 tables that took me about 25minutes to get all going all disappeared into the blackness of 2 dead moniters Anyway I won about $140 in those 400 hands or so.

Got in another 900 hands this evening and still running really well. Got paid off a lot today and people still snapping me when they obviously shouldn't be. I guess one kinda interesting hand today that popped up where I guess its pretty close between a all the decisions really. My stats are in the graph below, the UTG player is pretty tight at around 18/15, the backraiser is 24/20/2.5 with a 3bet of 5% over 5k hands. I really wasn't too sure whats the best play here tbh, probably arguements for all 3 cases. I doubt this guy is making a move here ever, I think its just a question of what pairs he calls with and what ones he backraises with and how he plays AK.

saw flop

SB ($49.50)
                                                                Hero (BB) ($76.58)
                                                                UTG ($55.19)
                                                                MP ($50)
                                                                Button ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                                                UTG bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises $5.75, 1 fold, MP raises $12.50, Hero calls $7.75

Flop: ($29.75) Q, 6, 10 (2 players)
                                                                Hero checks, MP bets $13, Hero ...

Other hand is from a aggro 24/19 player, utg is a tasty fish at 78/26. Anyone fold the river here?

SB ($50.25)
                                                                BB ($54.41)
                                                                UTG ($57.67)
                                                                MP ($53.10)
                                                                Hero (Button) ($50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, J
                                                                UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 10, 10, 8 (3 players)
                                                                BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.68, BB calls $4.68, 1 fold

Turn: ($15.61) A (2 players)
                                                                BB bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($31.61) Q (2 players)
                                                                BB bets $39.73 (All-In), Hero ......

Nice blue line today which will complement my red line at the end of the month I hope!!

Comment

Another winning sessions, really getting to like this. Got myself stuck a bit today but go it back pretty quickly. For some reason I tend to always spew more at the $ tables compared to the € and £ ones. I know I definetly get it in lighter at the $ ones so its probably down to that as well. This hand for example was a mistake I made, was playing too many tables I guess and didn't realise we were as deep as we are. This guy was pretty aggro and would be happy to get it in pre 100bb deep at a 4handed table but I just after realised that I shoved that we were about 140bb deep and I'm just never getting it in ahead here.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($50.50)
                                                                  UTG ($88.25)
                                                                  Hero (Button) ($68.60)
                                                                  SB ($101.89)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 10
                                                                  UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises $4.50, 2 folds, UTG raises $11.50, Hero raises $64.10 (All-In), UTG calls $55.60

Flop: ($137.95) 3, K, 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($137.95) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($137.95) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $137.95

Results:
                                                                  Hero had 10, 10 (two pair, Kings and tens).
                                                                  UTG had Q, Q (two pair, Kings and Queens).
                                                                  Outcome: UTG won $135.95

This hand is just hilarious. Gotta love his snap call here

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($59.48)
                                                                  Hero (CO) ($60.25)
                                                                  Button ($43.23)
                                                                  SB ($30.69)
                                                                  BB ($50)
                                                                  UTG ($27.89)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, A
                                                                  UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero bets $2.25, Button raises $4, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.50, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($12.75) 5, K, Q (3 players)
                                                                  UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets $12.75, 1 fold, Hero raises $56.25 (All-In), Button calls $26.48 (All-In)

Turn: ($91.21) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($91.21) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $91.21

Results:
                                                                  Button had 9, 4 (one pair, tens).
                                                                  Hero had 6, A (one pair, tens).
                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $105.23

Graph below:

Comment

There is something about Saturdays were I seem to get stuck quite a lot playing poker and then spend the rest of the day trying to win it back. Good thing is that I get in quite a lot of hands but a lot of stress trying to get even. I ran really bad at the start of todays session just losing hand after hand and getting it in pretty poorly.

This hand was a bit annoying, I think its pretty standard and I should get him to fold quite a lot of hands by the river. He tank called on the end but it's not going to be a call that will make him much money imo.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) ($91.52)
                                                                    Button ($31.37)
                                                                    SB ($60.54)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J
                                                                    1 fold, SB bets $1.25, Hero raises $4, SB calls $3

Flop: ($9) 8, 2, 10 (2 players)
                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB calls $5.50

Turn: ($20) K (2 players)
                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB calls $13

River: ($46) 7 (2 players)
                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $68.52 (All-In), SB calls $37.54 (All-In)

Total pot: $121.08

Results:
                                                                    SB had Q, A (high card, Ace).
                                                                    Hero had Q, J (high card, King).
                                                                    Outcome: SB won $119.08

This was a nice hand, his play is fine. I'm not to sure about my turn bet, I like the flop checkraise as there are a lot of cards that give me a lot more equity. Plan was to fire on all of these and also go all 3 streets some of the time as well.

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (SB) ($75.05)
                                                                    BB ($111.94)
                                                                    UTG ($57.91)
                                                                    MP ($49)
                                                                    CO ($14.75)
                                                                    Button ($52.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 10
                                                                    1 fold, MP bets $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($4) 5, J, 7 (2 players)
                                                                    Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero raises $8, MP calls $5

Turn: ($20) 3 (2 players)
                                                                    Hero bets $12.50, MP calls $12.50

River: ($45) Q (2 players)
                                                                    Hero bets $33.75, MP calls $26.75 (All-In)

Total pot: $98.50

Results:
                                                                    Hero had Q, 10 (one pair, Queens).
                                                                    MP had A, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                    Outcome: Hero won $102.50

Probably my sickest graph to date, bankroll up to €2.8k now so hopefully I don't collapse now before the end of the month. Will probably play 1 or 2 more sessions before then, ideally I would like to get to €3k but won't worry to much either way as I've a nice bit of rakeback due in for this month which will bring me over the €3k and I'll start playing all the $€£100 games then.

Comment

February's done

My month is now done. i had an hour session this morning were I won about $250 or so which brought my account just over the €3k mark which was my target for hitting $100nl. I still have a nice bit of rakeback due in. Looking forward to $100nl now, hopefully I can run/play as well next month. I think my next target is going to be €8k before I move up to €£$200nl.

Graph for the month is below, it's probably one of my best months in terms of actual buyins at any level I've ever played. 35 buyins in total which I am pretty happy with or even hourly for that matter worked out at $113/hour which is extrememly solid for $50nl

Comment

First day of the months are usaully really bad for me but thankfully was able to get off to a good start today. I made the move up to the 100nl tables on all currencies. I had no hand histories on most of the players but recognized quite a few names. Either I played them at 100nl before or some of them have moved down from 200nl. I did find the games a lot more aggro than before. I went for a couple of 3 barrels today that didn't work out so well.

First one is against a really decent winner who was starting tables so I sat in to get some games going. I think I should probably just give up on this river, it's going to be pretty tough to make him fold an A here give its HU and I am pretty aggro. I did think about overbetting the river but really don't think it will do much difference in the amount of folds I get and if it does it's probably about the same EV as betting what I did.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($100)
                                                                        BB ($207.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 4
                                                                        Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 6, A, 7 (2 players)
                                                                        BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50

Turn: ($15) Q (2 players)
                                                                        BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB calls $12

River: ($39) 4 (2 players)
                                                                        BB checks, Hero bets $31, BB calls $31

Total pot: $101

2nd one well I'm obviously trying to get a Q to fold here. I can rep plenty of different value hands here. I think I can get him to fold most Qs as I can represent plenty of hands here from a Tx to a straight to sometimes a thin bet with AK.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($33.54)
                                                                        UTG ($100)
                                                                        MP ($99.50)
                                                                        Hero (CO) ($152.25)
                                                                        Button ($105.14)
                                                                        SB ($162.21)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 9
                                                                        2 folds, Hero bets $3, 1 fold, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9) 10, Q, 10 (3 players)
                                                                        SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7, 1 fold

Turn: ($23) 6 (2 players)
                                                                        SB checks, Hero bets $16, SB calls $16

River: ($55) K (2 players)
                                                                        SB checks, Hero bets $42, SB calls $42

Total pot: $139

Results:
                                                                        SB had K, Q (two pair, Kings and Queens).
                                                                        Hero had 8, 9 (one pair, tens).
                                                                        Outcome: SB won $136

Graph is below:

Comment

Shortish session tonight as I still seem to be having broadband troubles with UPC. My broadband seems to disconnect for about 10s or so which throws me off all my tables. I reconnected and was able to open up all my tables again, thankfully there were no pots over 20bb being played at the time.

Hand 1
                                                                          Time for some marginal bordering on spewy hands tonight. Calling the 3bet pre is a bit loose really but I do feel that I get 3b an awful lot and I don't want to be folding everytime. I always feel people have AQ and AK when they make this move, it's nearly always that hand anytime I see them checkraise with the lead in 3b pots on low flops. I hate the way he made his raise so big as I've obviously little to no fold equity now but I think with my live cards and a gutshot I can shove here.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($221.60)
                                                                          Hero (Button) ($101)
                                                                          SB ($100.50)
                                                                          BB ($100)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, 7
                                                                          1 fold, Hero bets $3, SB raises $9.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($21) 2, 3, 5 (2 players)
                                                                          SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB raises $40.50, Hero raises $80 (All-In), SB calls $50 (All-In)

Turn: ($202) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($202) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $202

Results:
                                                                          Hero had 6, 7 (one pair, sixes).
                                                                          SB had A, J (high card, Ace).
                                                                          Outcome: Hero won $200.50

Hand 2
                                                                          Again I'm 3bet from the blinds and I peel another flop. Very nice flop for my hand and I go for the induce raise but he didn't bite, he did snap very fast on the turn though. I think on this flop I can get it in very good against his range of hands, obviously I will value town myself against AQ+ some amount of the time but there are also a lot of pair+straight draws and flush draws that will get it in here which I dominate. I also have a J that I can hit here just incase.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($101)
                                                                          Hero (Button) ($109)
                                                                          SB ($100.50)
                                                                          BB ($100)
                                                                          UTG ($115.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, Q
                                                                          2 folds, Hero bets $3, 1 fold, BB raises $9, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($20.50) Q, 9, 10 (2 players)
                                                                          BB bets $12, Hero raises $26, BB calls $14

Turn: ($72.50) 4 (2 players)
                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets $73 (All-In), BB calls $64 (All-In)

River: ($200.50) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $200.50

Results:
                                                                          Hero had K, Q (two pair, Queens and nines).
                                                                          BB had A, 10 (two pair, tens and nines).
                                                                          Outcome: Hero won $206.50

Hand 3
                                                                          No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($119.10)
                                                                          Hero (SB) ($105)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 4
                                                                          Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) Q, 5, 2 (2 players)
                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50

Turn: ($15) 6 (2 players)
                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB raises $37, Hero raises $85.50 (All-In), BB calls $60.50

River: ($210) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $210

Results:
                                                                          Hero had A, 4 (high card, Ace).
                                                                          BB had 5, 6 (two pair, sixes and fives).
                                                                          Outcome: BB won $209

This hand was kind of annoying I have soooo much equity on the flop vs anything and even on the turn I still have a huge amount. I'm not really sure what is the best play here, guy was playing 15/9 with a high agression factor and also a CR of 50%, albeit this CR sample was 6 hands. I think calling IP is probably best here as its costing me $25 to call into a $64 pot with about $60 behind. I really expected to see a set here once he calls, I really didn't have any 2pair hands in his range at all.

Graph of the day:

Comment

Highest winning day since I started the log, was a bit swingy as I got off to a bad start then when I crossed the $1k mark and about to quit I got stacked a few times in very quick succesion. I really wanted to have a $1k day as its seems like forever since I had one so I played on until I got there!! A couple of the more interesting hands

Hand 1

No-Limit Hold'em, £1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (£144.15)
                                                                            SB (£44.88)
                                                                            Hero (BB) (£105)
                                                                            UTG (£125.70)
                                                                            MP (£35.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3
                                                                            2 folds, Button bets £3, 1 fold, Hero raises £8.50, Button calls £6.50

Flop: (£19.50) 2, 10, Q (2 players)
                                                                            Hero bets £12, Button calls £12

Turn: (£43.50) Q (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, Button checks

River: (£43.50) 2 (2 players)
                                                                            Hero bets £13, Button raises £50, Hero calls £37

Total pot: £143.50

Results:
                                                                            Button had K, J (two pair, Queens and twos).
                                                                            Hero had 3, 3 (two pair, Queens and threes).
                                                                            Outcome: Hero won £140.50

I felt this guy had a hand like AJ and figured I would get some thin value on the river. Once he raises its a Q or nothing and I really think a Q will bet that turn as the board is very drawy so I snap him off.

Hand 2

Next on is my hand of the year I would say, I took a very passive line with this hand till the river. When deep against fishy players I try not to build big pots OOP as they don't like to fold. This guy had a very low cbet but once he bet he fired all 3 streets so that's why I went for the CR on the river, I don't expect to get called all that much but to my amazement he popped it up and unlucky for him to get a bit of a cooler

No-Limit Hold'em, €1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (€273.24)
                                                                            SB (€230.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 10
                                                                            SB bets €2.50, Hero calls €2

Flop: (€6) K, J, 5 (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, SB bets €3, Hero calls €3

Turn: (€12) Q (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, SB bets €7, Hero calls €7

River: (€26) Q (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, SB bets €13, Hero raises €65, SB raises €152.75, Hero raises €195.24 (All-In), SB calls €51.55 (All-In)

Total pot: €460.60

Results:
                                                                            SB had Q, J (full house, Queens over Jacks).
                                                                            Hero had 9, 10 (straight flush, King high).
                                                                            Outcome: Hero won €502.54

Hand 3

This hand I somehow managed to fold trips which is not something I can bring myself to do too often. Worst thing is I'll never know if it was good but I felt good about it at the time. Villan was unknown to me but with the spades getting there and a gutshot getting there on the turn. I guess its also possible that he slowplayed something here.

No-Limit Hold'em, £1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (£198.35)
                                                                            SB (£172.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 3
                                                                            SB bets £2, Hero calls £1.50

Flop: (£5) 9, 5, 5 (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (£5) 7 (2 players)
                                                                            Hero bets £4, SB raises £16, Hero calls £12

River: (£37) 10 (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, SB bets £27, Hero folds

Total pot: £37

Results:
                                                                            SB didn't show
                                                                            Outcome: SB won £63

Hand 4

I was trying to get some deep tables started and some reg sat in. He had being 3betting a lot so far so went for a 4b bluff. IP I'm never going to mad in this spot as the pot gets big very quickly. I went for a large bet on the river as I think he will call me lightish enough which luckily he did

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($412)
                                                                            Hero (SB) ($299)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, J
                                                                            Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $10, Hero raises $29, BB calls $21

Flop: ($64) 9, 5, J (2 players)
                                                                            BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($64) Q (2 players)
                                                                            BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($64) 6 (2 players)
                                                                            BB checks, Hero bets $48, BB calls $48

Total pot: $160

Results:
                                                                            Hero had 8, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                            BB had 9, K (one pair, nines).
                                                                            Outcome: Hero won $159

Hand 5

One last hand just to remind myself to fold in these spots. Villan is a huge fish, hes going to have QT probably 95% of the time here and I still can't fucking fold. Was pretty pissed off after this hand.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($83.97)
                                                                            Button ($114.25)
                                                                            Hero (SB) ($137.23)
                                                                            BB ($101.70)
                                                                            UTG ($96.75)
                                                                            MP ($109.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A
                                                                            UTG calls $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 1 fold, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4, UTG calls $4, CO calls $4

Flop: ($20) J, 6, A (4 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($20) 9 (4 players)
                                                                            Hero bets $14, 2 folds, CO calls $14

River: ($48) K (2 players)
                                                                            Hero bets $29, CO raises $58, Hero calls $29

Total pot: $164

Results:
                                                                            Hero had Q, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                            CO had Q, 10 (straight, Ace high).
                                                                            Outcome: CO won $161

Graph for the day:

Comment

#39
                                                                              Not one hand that was anyway interesting today at all. Was up earlish for a Sunday and got an hour in playing as many tables as I could get going. Wasn't really in the mood to play so shut down all the tables that had no fish on and just played 4 tables for an hour. Was a nice rest from lots of tables. Graph for the day below. I just realized that all the graphs are taking a bit fof time to load the page!! So going to start putting up thumbnails instead.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Up until today I had 13 winning days on the trot but that came to and end today, I had a chance to make it 14 as I was up $10 and just about to quit after being down $700ish. I made a very sick call against a huge fish when we were 300bb deep. Bu then I went on to try bluff a fish and then made a seriously bad call verus another fish. 2 hands are below, I insta quit after it as its about the worst call I could ever make even if I was right. Every single straight draw got there and 2pair draw etc if he already didnt have a set.

Hand 1

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($281.65)
                                                                                UTG ($381.70)
                                                                                Hero (MP) ($420.12)
                                                                                CO ($322.75)
                                                                                Button ($295.50)
                                                                                SB ($305.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7, 7
                                                                                1 fold, Hero bets $3, 2 folds, SB calls $2.50, BB raises $19, Hero calls $17, 1 fold

Flop: ($43) 4, 3, 3 (2 players)
                                                                                BB bets $43, Hero calls $43

Turn: ($129) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                BB bets $218.65 (All-In), Hero calls $218.65

River: ($566.30) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $566.30

Results:
                                                                                BB had K, A (one pair, threes).
                                                                                Hero had 7, 7 (two pair, sevens and threes).
                                                                                Outcome: Hero won $563.30

Hand 2

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (MP) ($193.15)
                                                                                CO ($101.50)
                                                                                Button ($98.50)
                                                                                SB ($100)
                                                                                BB ($146.99)
                                                                                UTG ($129)

1 fold, Hero bets $3.50, 3 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) K, 9, 7 (2 players)
                                                                                BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB raises $12, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($31.50) J (2 players)
                                                                                BB bets $15.75, Hero calls $15.75

River: ($63) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                BB bets $63, Hero calls $63

Total pot: $189

Results:
                                                                                BB had 10, 8 (straight, Jack high).
                                                                                Outcome: BB won $186

Probably won't play now until maybe Friday as have something on every night this week. Might do no harm as today was a very spewy session. Graph below:

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Played a short session this evening, a lot of it was short-handed play as I was trying to get on tables as soon as I coud so quite a few interesting spots came up with 2 against this guy.

Hand 1

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($193)
                                                                                  Button ($100.23)
                                                                                  Hero (SB) ($108)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 6
                                                                                  1 fold, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $8, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($18) 4, 3, 6 (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($18) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero bets $14, BB calls $14

River: ($46) 4 (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero bets $85 (All-In), BB calls $85

Total pot: $216

Results:
                                                                                  Hero had 9, 6 (two pair, sixes and fours).
                                                                                  BB had A, 7 (one pair, fours).
                                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $214

Hand 2

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($133.20)
                                                                                  Hero (BB) ($130.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                                                                  SB bets $2.50, Hero raises $9, SB calls $7

Flop: ($20) 4, 2, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero bets $12, SB calls $12

Turn: ($44) K (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($44) J (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero bets $33, SB raises $111.20 (All-In), Hero calls $75.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $260.50

Results:
                                                                                  SB had 4, 9 (two pair, fours and twos).
                                                                                  Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
                                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $259.50

Same guy in both hands, calling the 3bet OOP is not going to be a hugely profitable play but against this particular player if I flop any pair or draw I am going to be happy getting it in vs him on the flop as he was 3betting very light and also calling 3bets extremely light. In hand 1 I basically know hes going to have an Ax hand a large % of the time and the way I have being playing I know hes not going to give me much credit for this overbet shove given the low/straight draw board. He's definetly not expecting me to shove this thin as he probably thinks I have got a 5 or nothing and in fairness my calling range pre is not going to contain a lot of 5s!!

2nd hand I figured hes going to be a bit tilted as it happened shortly after hand 1 and I know he is going to be capable of floating the flop but I expect him to bet any K on the turn, raise any flush draw on the flop so I don't give him many value hands here, I expect it to be some random spazzing quite a bit so I called pretty quickly as I knew I was calling before I bet.

Short session overall but very happy with it as I don't normally play so many short-handed tables and its a chance to LAG it up a bit and get into some fun spots and try out some new stuff.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Shortish session today but I should have plenty of time to play at the weekend. I had planned to be playing golf at Druids Glen but I sprained my ankle last night at astro turf so I can barely walk today. Was a nice session today, I was in experimental mode again today. I tried out a few different things that I wouldn't normally do. One was floating a guy in a 3bet pot that was smallish as I had minraised the button. I flopped a backdoor flushdraw but he cbets flop and turn a very high amount but gives up a fair bit on river quite a bit. The plan was to call the flop, if I turned the backdoor flushdraw I was either betting if he checked or calling/think about shoving if he bet. Anyway he bet the turn and checked the blank river and I shoved and took it down.

I also tired a few overbets today as well, in different spots.

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($58.90)
                                                                                    UTG ($96.50)
                                                                                    Hero (MP) ($114.70)
                                                                                    CO ($102.55)
                                                                                    Button ($111)
                                                                                    SB ($201.11)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, J
                                                                                    1 fold, Hero bets $3, 1 fold, Button calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 5, 2, A (2 players)
                                                                                    Hero bets $6, Button calls $6

Turn: ($19.50) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                    Hero bets $16, Button calls $16

River: ($51.50) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                    Hero bets $89.70 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $51.50

Results:
                                                                                    Hero had K, J (one pair, fives).
                                                                                    Outcome: Hero won $138.65

Don't like the above so much as I am really only repping a house but I do think its going to be very hard for him to call me here with a hand like AJ or so as he seen me do the hand below just a few minutes before:

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($153.23)
                                                                                    Hero (MP) ($155.74)
                                                                                    CO ($117.67)
                                                                                    Button ($126.15)
                                                                                    SB ($139.06)
                                                                                    BB ($114.30)

1 fold, Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) 7, J, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                    Hero bets $6, Button calls $6

Turn: ($20.50) 3 (2 players)
                                                                                    Hero bets $15, Button calls $15

River: ($50.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                    Hero bets $64, Button calls $64

Total pot: $178.50

Results:
                                                                                    Button had 6, 7 (three of a kind, sevens).
                                                                                    Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and sevens).
                                                                                    Outcome: Button won $175.50

I rather this one much more as I think I will get called pretty light quite often here with my image.

Last one, I'm going to have to think a bit more about these hands as I'm not sure how good any of them are. Hopefully chat to a few people online about them and see what people think. I could easily just be running good and people were folding for me. If anyone has any thoughts feel free to post.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($54.50)
                                                                                    MP ($97)
                                                                                    Hero (Button) ($101.70)
                                                                                    SB ($49)
                                                                                    BB ($192.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 6
                                                                                    2 folds, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 3, A, 10 (2 players)
                                                                                    BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

Turn: ($10.50) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                    BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB calls $8

River: ($26.50) K (2 players)
                                                                                    BB checks, Hero bets $38, 1 fold

Total pot: $26.50

Results:
                                                                                    Hero had 7, 6 (high card, Ace).
                                                                                    Outcome: Hero won $63.20

Graph of today:

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I played the last 2 days, 2 winning session despite running very bad. I didn't play well today at all, just wasn't able to win pots and made far too many poor calls against fish who have it far too often in the places I was calling.

I played a couple of tournies today as well, I won a €2k package to a tournament in Czech Republic on the border with Germany. Trouble is it's on next weekend but I'll give it my best shot if I head over.

Saturday graph

Today's graph

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Some intesting enough hands today, I was playing at the 300bb deep table. To be honest there was no real fish at it. There was one guy who was down 150k on PTR and maybe people thought he was the fish or else they thought it was me because these games don't normally run unless there is a fish sitting. I start one of these every session as sometimes you get lucky and a game runs. And I don't mind playing them either when well rolled as they are generally better regs playing them and its good for getting better. There was one fish sitting for a while but I think he must have been sitting out during this hand.

Hand 1

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($300)
                                                                                        BB ($364)
                                                                                        Hero (UTG) ($452.65)
                                                                                        MP ($354.50)
                                                                                        Button ($243.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
                                                                                        Hero bets $3.50, MP raises $12, 1 fold, SB raises $40, 3 folds

Total pot: $28.50

Results:
                                                                                        SB didn't show
                                                                                        Outcome: SB won $57

Now the guy who 3bets me is the guy who is down 150k and hes only being at the table 13 hands but is playing 67/67 with a 3b of 75%. He was also on about 5-6 HU tables from 2knl - 5knl with stacks on them all so this is like play money to him. I was going to 4b this guy and probably not folding to much at any point during the rest of the hand unless the baord runs out really bad. Anyway it never got to that as the BB 4b really big and I insta folded. With the size of his 4b I don't really see what else I can do. Fair play to him if hes bluffing. I would probably flat KK here or maybe even fold it, it's just a spot were I am going to get into a very marginal spot for a huge pot and I was at the end of my session and was up $200 so wasn't going to risk it all there and then be pissed off for having a losing session. Sometimes this can be more important than the expected return in this hand which is going to very minimal anyway. Also if I flat KK here the other guy could come along which is less than ideal as well. BB is just an average breakeven TAG fwiw.

Hand 2

Next hand I've JJ and I rarely ever 3bet anything this deep against a reg. This deep I get called far too often and being OOP without the nuts when deep can be a real pain in the ass so for that reason I rarely 3b. If I was 3b I would rather have AK or a suited A, something that is more likely to make the nuts because when the money goes in 300bb deep even a set of Js is not the nuts on a lot of boards.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($313.10)
                                                                                        Button ($364)
                                                                                        Hero (SB) ($345.65)
                                                                                        BB ($305.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
                                                                                        UTG bets $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50, BB raises $12, UTG calls $10, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($39) K, 8, K (3 players)
                                                                                        Hero checks, BB bets $22, 1 fold, Hero calls $22

Turn: ($83) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero checks, BB bets $61, Hero calls $61

River: ($205) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero checks, BB checks

Total pot: $205

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had J, J (two pair, Kings and Jacks).
                                                                                        BB had 4, J (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                        Outcome: Hero won $203

The villan is the guy whos down 150k on PTR, if he fires the river here well I am in a world of pain. I don't even know now after a couple of hours thinking about it what I would do!!! Probably call depending on bet sizing/timing/feel etc. Pretty happy with how it played out.

Hands 3&4

This 2 hands below are against a very fish reg. I'm pretty happy with my play in both hands. Not to many guys I raise this flop against in the first hand but there is just a ton of value in it against this guy as you will see from the 2nd hand.

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($66)
                                                                                        BB ($100)
                                                                                        Hero (UTG) ($100)
                                                                                        MP ($100)
                                                                                        Button ($122)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, A
                                                                                        Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, 1 fold, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($11) 4, 9, 7 (3 players)
                                                                                        BB bets $9, Hero raises $24, 1 fold, BB calls $15

Turn: ($59) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                        BB bets $72.50 (All-In), Hero calls $72.50 (All-In)

River: ($204) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $204

Results:
                                                                                        BB had 8, 9 (two pair, nines and sevens).
                                                                                        Hero had 9, A (two pair, nines and sevens).
                                                                                        Outcome: Hero won $201

This hand I flat just so he can spazz out on the turn, shoving just gives him a chance to fold his air

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($45.33)
                                                                                        UTG ($90.50)
                                                                                        Hero (Button) ($226.10)
                                                                                        SB ($152.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
                                                                                        UTG bets $4, Hero raises $11, 2 folds, UTG calls $7

Flop: ($23.50) 3, 3, 4 (2 players)
                                                                                        UTG checks, Hero bets $10, UTG raises $30, Hero calls $20

Turn: ($83.50) A (2 players)
                                                                                        UTG bets $49.50 (All-In), Hero calls $49.50

River: ($182.50) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $182.50

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and threes).
                                                                                        UTG had 2, 7 (flush, ten high).
                                                                                        Outcome: UTG won $180.50

Hand 5

Last hand was kinda interesting as I made a note on this guys overbet, he procedded to do it twice afterwards but just had quads and the other time made a very sweet value bet on me. Fair play him, I was happy to give it to him in the 2nd overbet as it's something I would have been proud off.

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($57.43)
                                                                                        Button ($117.87)
                                                                                        Hero (SB) ($190.15)
                                                                                        BB ($120.15)
                                                                                        UTG ($100)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, Q
                                                                                        3 folds, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 5, 6, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50

Turn: ($15) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero checks, BB bets $8.25, Hero calls $8.25

River: ($31.50) K (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero checks, BB bets $39, Hero calls $39

Total pot: $109.50

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had 6, Q (one pair, sixes).
                                                                                        BB had 3, A (high card, Ace).
                                                                                        Outcome: Hero won $106.50

Graph of the day:

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I played yesterday for a while. I thought I would try and get a 1 hour session in before I went out. The plan was to go for a meal at 8 but I started playing at 6 so in heinsight this was a very bad idea because I knew if I got stuck which I inevitably did I would want to keep playing. I just hate having losing sessions so as I was down about $160 or so I knew that 1 allin win at a £100 table would get me unstuck.

I was just basically gambling when I played this session and spewed quite a lot. I made some real horendus plays and ended up down over $700 which is not good. I was kinda playing on tilt in the 2nd half of this session just trying to get back to even.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            oops
                                                                                            Last edited by ikilldurrr1; 17-03-11, 17:14.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I don't want a thread starting into speculation of my SN, can you please remove. Thanks

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Short little session today, wasn't really in the mood to play as I was a bit hungover and the games were terrible also. Might play a couple of tournaments later on to practice for the weekend. I played very loose today and won tons of small pots by taking them down on the flop or the turn, but no hands of any interest today at all. Graph for the day:

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  A couple of interesting hands today. In this hand the villan was unknown to me playing about 35/22 over 70 hands. He snapped called my flop CR and my turn bet. I should probably give up on this river. Some players will fold here but just his timing and with everything missing it is probably not the best idea to jam here give its 70bb to win 82bb. I could just be results oriented and would probably not have looked at this had my shove got through.

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) ($140.30)
                                                                                                  UTG ($104.50)
                                                                                                  Button ($110.75)
                                                                                                  SB ($238.78)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K
                                                                                                  1 fold, Button bets $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) 7, J, 10 (2 players)
                                                                                                  Hero checks, Button bets $4.87, Hero raises $14, Button calls $9.13

Turn: ($34.50) 4 (2 players)
                                                                                                  Hero bets $24, Button calls $24

River: ($82.50) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                  Hero bets $99.30 (All-In), Button calls $69.75 (All-In)

Total pot: $222

Results:
                                                                                                  Button had J, A (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                                                  Hero had Q, K (high card, King).
                                                                                                  Outcome: Button won $220

This hand I got to the flop and I wasn't really sure how the action had went pre so I started off by checking. By the time iy came to the turn I realised I had 3bet pre and wasn't going checking twice. Anyway I was just hoping he bets the river as its really hard to see him having hand that beats me here.

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($97)
                                                                                                  Hero (BB) ($202.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J
                                                                                                  SB bets $1.50, Hero raises $7, SB calls $6

Flop: ($16) 8, Q, 4 (2 players)
                                                                                                  Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($16) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                                  Hero bets $11, SB raises $29, Hero calls $18

River: ($74) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $60 (All-In), Hero calls $60

Total pot: $194

Results:
                                                                                                  SB had J, A (high card, Ace).
                                                                                                  Hero had Q, J (one pair, Queens).
                                                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $193

Last hand I went for a flop check, no real reason for it against this guy but just don't want to be cbetting all the time and have some strong hands that I can check back as well as people often fire the turn with air. River raise I wasn't expecting to get called too much to be honest but I think some people will look me up light enough here and I think hes got 88-TT quite a bit as well.

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($109.65)
                                                                                                  BB ($113.77)
                                                                                                  Hero (UTG) ($110.15)
                                                                                                  MP ($192.57)
                                                                                                  Button ($48.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7, 6
                                                                                                  Hero bets $3, 3 folds, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) 5, 7, 4 (2 players)
                                                                                                  BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                                  BB bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: ($14.50) J (2 players)
                                                                                                  BB bets $10, Hero raises $35, BB calls $25

Total pot: $84.50

Results:
                                                                                                  BB had K, J (two pair, Jacks and sevens).
                                                                                                  Hero had 7, 6 (three of a kind, sevens).
                                                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $81.50

Graph for the day below:

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Glad you didn't post that hand v me. Spew call pre by me 3 handed? Is that your standard 4b size?

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
                                                                                                      Glad you didn't post that hand v me. Spew call pre by me 3 handed? Is that your standard 4b size?
                                                                                                      It pretty much is to be honest when I'm IP, depends on the player really. I don't blame you for calling the 4b OOP tbh. Flop you should just have CRAI.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Yeah i would have crai if you cbet bigger but i thought it would have been a bit of an overshove and turned my hand face up as flushdraw enabling you to make some light calldowns. Nh though.

Glad to be up a couple of buyins today after big downswing this week. Was up e1600 at one stage this month but my 200nl shot went bad. Now up a buyin or so but happy to have stemmed the bleeding. Had kk v aa about 10 times. Few spewy river call downs from tilt too.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          I think you can and should bet the turn bigger in hand 1 (KdQd)

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                            I think you can and should bet the turn bigger in hand 1 (KdQd)
                                                                                                            Yeah, $29 would have been better. My sizing is better for 100bb stacks but didn't adjust it for being slightly deeper.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Was away at the GCOP in Czech Republic as the weekend so didn't really play much poker over the weekend. I couldn't remember my password for my ipoker account so I played a little on PS at 100nl instead. I 6 tabled it as I was on my laptop in the airport but got a couple of decent sessions out of it. The games on PS seem a lot more aggro preflop, I was playing pretty loose at around 32/29 with a high 3bet but my opens were 3b about 23% where as on ipoker its about 17%. This obviosuly makes the games much tougher to play in, but I did also think that there was quite a lot of fish on PS as well. Overall when you take into account the rakeback deals on ipoker I think I will be staying there for the time being.

I had quite a few interesting hands on PS, would appreciate any comments from anyone on them, I might cross post them in the theory section anyway.

Villan is a big winner on PS at 100nl - 400nl. He plays about 22/18 with 9% 3bet. We have tangled quite a bit so far. Turn is a meh spot, he is definetly capable of bluffing here from what I have seen of him so far but it's just a really shitty spot for me.

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($102)
                                                                                                              Hero (MP) ($134.80)
                                                                                                              CO ($215.50)
                                                                                                              Button ($200.05)
                                                                                                              SB ($126.30)
                                                                                                              BB ($100)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
                                                                                                              1 fold, Hero bets $3, CO calls $3, Button calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($10.50) 10, 3, 4 (3 players)
                                                                                                              Hero bets $7, 1 fold, Button calls $7

Turn: ($24.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                                              Hero bets $16, Button raises $36, Hero calls $20

River: ($96.50) K (2 players)
                                                                                                              Hero checks, Button bets $47, Hero folds

Total pot: $96.50

Results:
                                                                                                              Button didn't show
                                                                                                              Outcome: Button won $140.50

Next hand me and this guy have got into a few spots, I 3b him from the BB with 64s and he called with 55, he flopped a set and I turned a straight and he jammed over my bet. I got TT in vs him on a 783 flop in 3b pot vs his QQ, and I got TT in pre vs his AK. I would normally 3b this hand pre in this spot but I rarely ever fold BVB when I'm in BB, I think its a great spot to win money vs the SB with the positional advantage. I raise flop to try make him fold his air/weak hands that he will probably fire again on the river and I don't want to have to call down against him so I turn it into a bluff on a turn card that I think I can rep quite a lot of hands with. I don't expect him to fold all the time on the turn, but I've a nice river bet size lined up here to make sure he folds there I wasn't really all the happy calling the river tbh but don't think it can be a fold either

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($108.35)
                                                                                                              Hero (BB) ($134.80)
                                                                                                              UTG ($139.40)
                                                                                                              MP ($198.95)
                                                                                                              CO ($104)
                                                                                                              Button ($101.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2, Q
                                                                                                              4 folds, SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6) 7, 2, 4 (2 players)
                                                                                                              SB bets $4.40, Hero calls $4.40

Turn: ($14.80) 3 (2 players)
                                                                                                              SB bets $12, Hero raises $34, SB calls $22

River: ($82.80) Q (2 players)
                                                                                                              SB bets $66.95 (All-In), Hero calls $66.95

Total pot: $216.70

Results:
                                                                                                              SB had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                                              Hero had 2, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
                                                                                                              Outcome: Hero won $213.70

Anyway, graph/stats of last couple of days below:

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                A lot of hands this evening, played for just under 100mins and got in over 1.8k hands. I was obviously stuck a decent whack after running terribly for the first hour. Was just looking at my peak hands per hour and it works out at about 1350. But because it takes so long to get 16 tables up and running you need to be playing almost 30mins to get them going. Anyway had a few sweet hands this evening. It's not often in a single raised pot you can 3bet the flop with a pair, fire turn and river and get called by worse. But from what I had seen from this guy he was probably not folding a pair and I wanted to get as much money in before some scare cards come off.

No-Limit Hold'em, £1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (£417.55)
                                                                                                                Button (£100)
                                                                                                                SB (£100.50)
                                                                                                                BB (£101.50)
                                                                                                                Hero (UTG) (£198)
                                                                                                                MP (£101.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
                                                                                                                Hero bets £3.50, MP calls £3.50, CO calls £3.50, 3 folds

Flop: (£12) 4, 2, 6 (3 players)
                                                                                                                Hero bets £9, 1 fold, CO raises £18, Hero raises £40.50, CO calls £31.50

Turn: (£111) 9 (2 players)
                                                                                                                Hero bets £81, CO calls £81

River: (£273) J (2 players)
                                                                                                                Hero bets £64 (All-In), CO calls £64

Total pot: £401

Results:
                                                                                                                CO had Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
                                                                                                                Outcome: Hero won £398

Next hand was fun and he fell right into my trap

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($35.89)
                                                                                                                SB ($130.25)
                                                                                                                Hero (BB) ($187.20)
                                                                                                                UTG ($110.65)
                                                                                                                MP ($114.70)
                                                                                                                CO ($96.46)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, Q
                                                                                                                4 folds, SB bets $3, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($7) 6, 5, A (2 players)
                                                                                                                SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($19) 9 (2 players)
                                                                                                                SB bets $17, Hero calls $17

River: ($53) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                                                SB checks, Hero bets $23, SB raises $103.75 (All-In), Hero calls $80.75

Total pot: $260.50

Results:
                                                                                                                SB had K, 9 (one pair, nines).
                                                                                                                Hero had 8, Q (straight, nine high).
                                                                                                                Outcome: Hero won $257.50

Graph for the day below:

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Out of the poker loop at the moment but good to see some hard graft being rewarded, hopefully the move to 100nl and beyond goes well.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Didn't really play today, logged on and seen a fish waitng for me to take his money. I done that and then went to see Limitless in the cinema. I thought I would have liked it much more than I did but was very disappointed, especially with the ending.

Anyway, I won 1 big hand with AK in 3b pot were the fish called all 3 streets with AJ on a scary A high board and I took his stack there. Worked out well as I did't have the time to play but when a fish is on its hard not to sit. Also I gotta be proud to play 65/59 at a 6max table 1 tabling FTW

Graph for the day:

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Decent enough session apart from when I started off and donked off about £300 at a fishy table but managed to win it all back later. Played a decent bit of HU while me and another reg were trying to get tables started but no one joined us for over 200 hands and he won a bit of me. Only time all the money went in pre was my JJ against his QQ, rest of the match was pretty standard. No hands of real interest today. Only one I guess which I thought villan was going for thinish value with a pair and I turned mine into a bluff. Trying to rep a flopped flush is probably not a great idea!

Pot-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($100)
                                                                                                                      SB ($142.50)
                                                                                                                      Hero (BB) ($100)
                                                                                                                      UTG ($126.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 5
                                                                                                                      1 fold, Button bets $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 8, A, Q (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, Button bets $3.37, Hero calls $3.37

Turn: ($11.24) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, Button bets $8.43, Hero calls $8.43

River: ($28.10) 3 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, Button bets $14.05, Hero raises $70.25, Button calls $56.20

Total pot: $168.60

Results:
                                                                                                                      Button had 8, 8 (three of a kind, eights).
                                                                                                                      Hero had A, 5 (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                                      Outcome: Button won $166.60

Graph for the day:

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        The run good came to an end on Friday evening, I blaming my new Ipad2 for this as I bought it that day and thats when it all went wrong!! But I had a pretty good look back at the hands that I played over the weekend and to be honest after losing $1.4k on Friday evening I seem to have played tilted for the rest of the weekend just doing my absoulte bollix and losing all my winnings for the month. There was easily 15-20 pots ranging from 100-200bb that I should never have happened and wouldn't have earlier in the month. It wasn't all total spew as I did run into the top of everyones range when I was either bluffing or making thin value bets and also a number of coolers/suckouts that lead me to tilt in the first place.

Yesterday evening I put $100 on a new site to try it out but lost that quickly enough but I'll probably give it another go when I my rakeback comes into my MB account next month. The plan now is to tigthen up, play less tables, have short winning sessions for the next couple of days and try and get a bit of confidence back into my game again as I'm basically back to were I started the month now. Which is very annoying as a few days ago I was thinking that I will be very close to the €8k that I wanted for 200nl.

Now that I am so far away from €8k again I have been starting to wonder about making it so high. I might revise this down to €6/7k at the end of April seeing how I get on there but for now will hopefully stick at 100nl.

I did have a short session this evening winning $200 so left it at that. Certainly played a lot better and stayed out of some marginal spots just to keep down the variance. Anyways graph below is from the weekend, it really is not for the faint hearted. Also one other annoying thing was that on Friday I had finally gor the steadie eddie badge on PTR but needless to say they took that away from me pretty quickly, was also in the top 3 winners at 100nl on ipoker as well for March but thats well gone now too!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X