Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bankroll Challenge

    So I always felt this forum was a bit dead, wondering why its rarely any poker talk or blogs of people playing poker so I thought, sure I may aswell make my own!
    I'm a young student, and I've recently deposited £100 into a new poker account, aiming to reach £2k by the end of June. I'm aiming to build enough money to take a year or two out of life and play poker/travel the world.
    I'll also be aiming to get my fitness back in check, since going to university I've definitely let myself go, so aiming to get into a strict exercise schedule which I'll work out soon.

    I rarely play live events but any I play I'll also keep updated on this forum, I had a nice run at the IPO this year and aiming to do well at the Irish Open. There's also a student event or two coming up within the next few months so they should be tournaments that I'm realistically aiming to win!

    I'll keep this updated as best I can, so quick checklist which I am aiming to have completed by 30th June 2016:
    - Reach £2k online bankroll
    - Deep run in live student events
    - Play the Irish Open (€1100 buyin, aiming to win an online satellite)
    - Run 5km in 23 mins (the last run/walk I did this in 43 mins)

    #2
    Good luck with this. Lots of online / live sats for IO so I shouldn't see why you couldn't. You could even focus on io sats as second ticket is awarded in cash

    Comment


      #3
      Gl! What do you plan on playing?

      Comment


        #4
        Gl man take care with BRM!

        Comment


          #5
          Yeah second this, attacking IO sats might hinder your plan if working out of $100 BR, if you can spin up from microstakes to say 500/600 then maybe start playing the IO feeders but would discourage you starting both IO sats and your grind at the same time. GL and keep us updated

          Originally posted by EVinfiinity View Post
          Gl man take care with BRM!

          Comment


            #6
            Best of luck with this.

            Comment


              #7
              can u reload if u bust the 100?
              im afraid u can forget about io sats even with 2k (if exercising correct brm)
              imo its the classic mistake of searching for that one big score instead of just grinding out small wins ,tiny wins with 100
              gl

              Comment


                #8
                I think they have 1 and 2e feeders but it would take a couple of rounds to get into the main qual. Definitely grind micro stakes cash and run it up. I think 500/600 to grind the sub feeders but hard to get the volume of these in


                Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                can u reload if u bust the 100?
                im afraid u can forget about io sats even with 2k (if exercising correct brm)
                imo its the classic mistake of searching for that one big score instead of just grinding out small wins ,tiny wins with 100
                gl

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah the more I think about it stick with your 2k goal from grinding micro cash or micro mtts. If you get ahead of your goal then the sats are worth a go but your best of going for your original goal on its own and get some coaching to help you along the way. GL

                  Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                  I think they have 1 and 2e feeders but it would take a couple of rounds to get into the main qual. Definitely grind micro stakes cash and run it up. I think 500/600 to grind the sub feeders but hard to get the volume of these in

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Appreciating the support already guys!

                    Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    Gl! What do you plan on playing?
                    Cash games are probably best at the minute for my schedule, I can start/stop as I please to fit in with university life/exams

                    Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                    can u reload if u bust the 100?
                    im afraid u can forget about io sats even with 2k (if exercising correct brm)
                    imo its the classic mistake of searching for that one big score instead of just grinding out small wins ,tiny wins with 100
                    gl
                    I don't plan on busting the 100 even if I have to move to lower stakes but I can always restart if necessary! No harm in failing the first time.
                    I may not use my bankroll to satellite into the IO, I havn't really thought about it but I may keep them separate as I really want to play it. Live poker is so much easier than online and I love playing live tournaments.

                    Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                    Yeah the more I think about it stick with your 2k goal from grinding micro cash or micro mtts. If you get ahead of your goal then the sats are worth a go but your best of going for your original goal on its own and get some coaching to help you along the way. GL
                    Thanks for the advice! I'll probably keep them separate, without taking away too much time from my cash games I'll see how I get on.
                    As for learning, I use a few different forums some of which have free content and I have a good group of friends who are all really into the theory of poker and I can discuss hands/poker related things with them. But if anyone's interested learning together they're very welcome to send me a PM

                    Comment


                      #11
                      So I havn't played regularly online in a while so I just played 1k hands to get back into the swing of things. Started off pretty steady and then ran into a few coolers/bad hands and had a roller coaster for the next 500 hands. I tagged a few hands I've to review but I feel pretty happy for the most part and I'm pretty happy with my mental game so tilting is a minimal factor.
                      I couldn't get my HUD to appear for the first few hundred hands so sort of felt I was playing in the dark!
                      I'm pretty happy with my red line and its a tiny sample size to even think about much!

                      Can anyone advise of a way to attach graphs within the text/make them easier to see?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by buttonboy; 30-12-15, 22:51. Reason: trying to edit graph

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by buttonboy View Post
                        So I havn't played regularly online in a while so I just played 1k hands to get back into the swing of things. Started off pretty steady and then ran into a few coolers/bad hands and had a roller coaster for the next 500 hands. I tagged a few hands I've to review but I feel pretty happy for the most part and I'm pretty happy with my mental game so tilting is a minimal factor.
                        I couldn't get my HUD to appear for the first few hundred hands so sort of felt I was playing in the dark!
                        I'm pretty happy with my red line and its a tiny sample size to even think about much!

                        Can anyone advise of a way to attach graphs within the text/make them easier to see?
                        Gl buttonboy.
                        What site sites you playing on?
                        If playing micro cash the rake can be a killer.
                        A sign up and rake back deal could be the difference between winning and losing.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I'm playing on Ipoker, I've a rakeback deal up to 30% depending on my VIP level on the site. So the higher my level, the better conversion rate I receive for store points to cash.
                          I've played around 10k hands and have basically broke even so far without rakeback. I found my graph was like a yo-yo and was -5BI and then +3 and back and forth. So I reduced tables I was playing from 6 to 2 and found this really helped improve my game and allowed me to concentrate more on hands I was playing.

                          I'm also discussing with a few friends about prop bets for running 5km in X minutes, if anyones any decent ideas please let me know! The last time I did this was in 43:43 but I wasn't exactly aiming for my best time.
                          Also heading to the All Ireland Student Championships on the 17th, which I doubt will be well attended as I've talked to other students and societies throughout the country and none seem to be attending due to not being aware of the event and not having enough time to prepare! But I'm heading down with a few friends for the weekend and beer. It'd be nice to start this log with a live win which is obviously seperate from my online bankroll.

                          I'll play a few more thousand hands and get some profit before I add in some graphs!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hi as your a micro grinder be very hard for you to get to a top tier of vip @30 per cent. If you sign up at coral through rake the rake you get a flat 40percent 200percent bonus up to 200 pounds sterling bonus clears at about 25 percent and a rake race which will get you a few quid at the end of the month. Betfred also do unlimited reloads and points for cash which works out better than 30 percent

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                              Hi as your a micro grinder be very hard for you to get to a top tier of vip @30 per cent. If you sign up at coral through rake the rake you get a flat 40percent 200percent bonus up to 200 pounds sterling bonus clears at about 25 percent and a rake race which will get you a few quid at the end of the month. Betfred also do unlimited reloads and points for cash which works out better than 30 percent
                              It says I have to earn 5k points per month to reach the highest VIP level to receive the best rakeback and in 8/9 days I've earned 2.3k so I think I can reach it okay!
                              Also forgot to mention I'm in a monthly rakerace, I earned $20 last month and think I played maybe 2 days! So this month I'll hopefully earn $75+ through it!

                              Comment


                                #16
                                You can do it man! I have 100 percent faith in you.

                                Also, no hate, but 5km in 43:43 is really, really slow. Any bit of training at all and you could surely shave at least 5 minutes off this time in 6 months, you could probably realistically shave off 10, but I don't know your situation.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                  You can do it man! I have 100 percent faith in you.

                                  Also, no hate, but 5km in 43:43 is really, really slow
                                  It was more of a go for a run/walk.. oh, it took me 43 mins. Realistically I'd say I could do it in 35 mins if I pushed myself.
                                  I've a bet with a friend, I had 10 weeks to get it down to 21.30 for a 5km run. And I've 8 weeks left! I'm confident if I push myself I can do it!

                                  So due to exams/job interviews I didn't get playing as much as I wanted to. Then my HUD database crashed/stopped working so I sort of reset my database and the challenge!

                                  Played 3,440 hands so far - current bankroll: £126.
                                  I'll add rakeback at the end of the month probably when I cash it all in/include rakeraces.

                                  Very happy so far, I'm also into phase 2 of a UKIPT sat with an above average stack on Sunday which would be nice to bink!

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Graph
                                    Attached Files

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      If you want to run a fast 5k, you need to run a test over the weekend, flat out and build from there. You will see great improvement over a small amount of work, but the most important thing is to get on the clock now.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                                        If you want to run a fast 5k, you need to run a test over the weekend, flat out and build from there. You will see great improvement over a small amount of work, but the most important thing is to get on the clock now.
                                        Unfortunately the pokers going much better than my running so far! But I'm forcing myself to get out tomorrow and get a realistic time which I can build on!
                                        Student event was fun, I was one of the chip leaders with around 13-15 left but went from hero to zero pretty quick! There's the EPT U21 event soon, so I'll definitely be wanting to play it for the craic! Horrible structure but it's my last year I'm eligible!

                                        Bankroll is at £158 over 8.6k hands, not including rakeback. Nearly 20bb/100 so can't really ask for much more, can't wait to move up the stakes though! So many goddamn limpers at these tiny stakes.
                                        Attached Files

                                        Comment


                                          #21


                                          Finally worked out how to upload my graph properly!

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            GI! Good look with your goals! I'll hope to see my bankroll grow to, but im not that good of a poker player. Hope to learn from you guys on this forum

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by buttonboy View Post

                                              Bankroll is at £158 over 8.6k hands, not including rakeback. Nearly 20bb/100 so can't really ask for much more, can't wait to move up the stakes though! So many goddamn limpers at these tiny stakes.
                                              Learn to love the limping, its always a good game if people are regularly open limping

                                              Comment

                                              Working...
                                              X