Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Padraig Parkinsons Blog Updates: Nero fiddles. Rome burns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padraig Parkinsons Blog Updates: Nero fiddles. Rome burns.

Vegas is very quiet .So quiet if you listen real hard you can hear the poker Gods laughing. They’ve kicked ass again. The road to the airport is littered with shattered dreams. It’s always been like this.

Heading to the airport doesn’t mean you’ve escaped. Avner was taking Surrinder to the airport a couple of days ago. They stopped at the Gold Coast to collect a phone from Scof. When they asked him what was the best way to get to the airport, he told them to go down the street, do a u-turn and they’d be fine. When I asked him after they’d gone if that was the u-turn he’d got a $250 ticket for performing not so long ago, he said it was. It’s a tough town!

I’ve just come from the Rio. There’s a couple of dozen guys left in the main event. I’d like to tell you how great the atmosphere felt. I’d love to tell you the place was on fire with sheer excitement. But I can’t. There was no buzz in the air. There was more excitement in the buffet when the lady brought out the freshly cooked bread pudding than in the poker room. That’s what they’ve done to it. With their shades and timewasting every single hand. They’ve made the game we fell in love with into a shadow of what it should be. What it could be. It’s like watching the Titanic speeding towards the icebergs. After you’ve seen the movie.

I don’t know if God has sleepless nights, but he must have had some doubts when he created Galway. That it might be too good. That the Galway Races might be too much craic. That a two week poker festival at the same time would be ridiculous. He can at least console himself with the fact that the Galway lads and Helping Hands have teamed up to raise money for Brother Kevins Capuchin Day Centre, Galway Simon and Positive Mental Health. The event is 100+20+10 NLH tournament on Aug 7th, right before the main event. It will probably be way more fun than the Rio!

0 Comments - Leave a Comment

More...
Working...
X