Boyle Poker Player Blog: Been a While

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyle Poker Player Blog: Been a While

I haven't blogged in a while, mainly out of laziness, I haven't been playing online much but it's not like i haven't been at my computer 80 hours a week! A good bit's been on lately, the Norwegian invasion and the Irish Open being the highlights. The Vikings visit was a little disappointing for me, I was kind of hoping for bigger games, there was loads of 1-2 and some of them really kicked off but I seemed to run bad when they did. We were hoping for some juicy 2-5 and 5-10 games but these never materialized. You have to say fair play to them though, they really know how to have a good time, all of them boozing hard and gambling even harder. There was one time I was in a game and a 5er chip just bounced in the middle of our table and hit a guy. He just laughed and fucked it back across at the table who was cracking up across the room. It was really like a Viking Jackpot!Anyways onto the Irish Open, it started nicely with winning a ticket in the live satty the night before. That was the end of my luck though as not much went for me in the main. I got bluffed in a couple pots where I think I was right to fold, then ran QQ into AA, was pretty happy to only lost 1/4 of my stack there. Not as good when I ran JJ into QQ to send me to the bar, which is not a bad consolation prize as it's always so much craic in the bar.It certainly didn't disappoint with a great crowd down there for most of the weekend, there was lots of laughs but one I remember was when John was asking about a Spanish bet. He was on Getafe but pronunciation was never his strong point, so he asked 'How's Gaddafi looking?' to which Jim wittily replied 'dead!" I had a pretty ill sweat for my few Masters bets on the Sunday, I think I had 7 bets and ran ridiculously hot in them. I ended up with 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th! Pretty absurd stuff, like how can I have 4 of the top 5 and not the winner! I still won as I was betting each way but Bubba's joke shot cost me about 2k. I also ran good in the footy the last couple weeks, and had a winning Sunday. Well, I don't think I could call it a Sunday, I late reg'd one turbo at 1am and chopped it for € 2250. He had me out-chipped 2 to 1 and offered an even chop, finally my rep paying some dividends!The last thing I had a chuckle at over the IO weekend was when I went to the jacks. There were 12 lads lined up taking a piss, every single one of them wearing blue jeans and the Soul Survivor jackets. I considered taking a pic, but thought better of it, coulda been a bit weird if they turned around! It was pretty funny looking anyway and I can imagine the paddy power marketing team masturbating over it!

More...
Working...
X