Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games

Old 30-11-19, 21:16   #681
BennyHiFi

Did the Clontarf half in 2:18 today.

Felt a lot slower so was happy to break 2:20 with a shoulder that needs physio and generally unhappy running disposition (heavy legged, blustery wind, general feeling of fatigue/ennui)

Got my total for the year up to 900Km though so if all stays good i should manage the last 100km in Dec.
BennyHiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-19, 22:03   #682
Solksjaer!

Did 6k earlier and slogged the last k. As I finished I was wondering how far I'd be behind myself from when I was superfit. FML
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 06-12-19, 22:33   #683
The Aul Switcharoo

All set for the Waterford AC half in the morning Strewelpeter? It's going to be a slog for me. 3 weeks in NY/All inclusive poker gig in Bahamas took its toll so won't be near any PB but looking forward to the hat.

Anyone else lurking for it?
Old 07-12-19, 00:44   #684
FeetMagic

Signed up for the Squamish 50 mile in August 2020. Not quite sure why, of all the options, I had to go for this fucker:

Quote:
Between the relatively flat first six miles and final mile, youíll find over 3350 m /11,000 ft of climbing jammed into the remaining 43 miles of terrain. Your largest individual climb is 760 m / 2500 ft. This is an exceptionally difficult course made tougher still by the technical nature of a majority of the terrain. Throw in the fact that the back half runs much more difficult than the front half and you have yourself a nice little day of suffering. Thankfully weíve made every effort to distract you with incredible scenery at every possible turn.
FeetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 07-12-19, 12:27   #685
Lazare
GFML

Shiny new pb at Jingle Bells 5k this morn.

19:51.

Delighted with meself.

Good luck in the half today lads.
Old 07-12-19, 14:22   #686
ionapaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazare View Post
Shiny new pb at Jingle Bells 5k this morn.

19:51.

Delighted with meself.

Good luck in the half today lads.
Well done Conor - great time!

Parkrun #157 for me this morning, at the old reliable Marlay Park. Still slowly recovering from my achilles problems of earlier in the year. Last week ran in Avondale Forest parkrun in deepest darkest Wicklow, it was pure cross country course after 24 hours of rain, mucky forest trails which were extremely slippy, almost ended up on my arse many times! Think I'm now up to 31 different parkrun locations ran, 100 is the target so a long way to go.
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 16:16   #687
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
All set for the Waterford AC half in the morning Strewelpeter? It's going to be a slog for me. 3 weeks in NY/All inclusive poker gig in Bahamas took its toll so won't be near any PB but looking forward to the hat.

Anyone else lurking for it?
Was watching out but never saw a bit of you.

The change to the course was grand until we hit that insanely cruel climb at 19K

Other than that it went fairly well, I got a bit of a bang and a cut on one of my calves about ten days ago and the physio wasn't able to do much about it and both calves got very tight at about 10K but that stopped me pushing any harder which I might have otherwise as other than them I was feeling fairly good in myself. Weather was perfect and a low level head cold that I'd been fighting off all week just disappeared for the morning.
I'm happy to have got around in 2:27 a half an hour outside my best, the other two lads I was with were just either side of the 2:00 balloon but I'm carrying 12Kg more than I did when I was

Some crowd and such a well organised event 10/10 to all involved.
I think the route changes caused a bit of mayhem with the traffic, I really enjoyed jogging up that long hill passing all the traffic that was being held up and laughing at all the thickos who had ignored the signs and got stuck behind us

All about the hat

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 07-12-19 at 16:19.
Strewelpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 08:55   #688
BennyHiFi

Here's a great Longreads reading list about running.
BennyHiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 08-12-19, 20:54   #689
The Aul Switcharoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Was watching out but never saw a bit of you.

The change to the course was grand until we hit that insanely cruel climb at 19K

Other than that it went fairly well, I got a bit of a bang and a cut on one of my calves about ten days ago and the physio wasn't able to do much about it and both calves got very tight at about 10K but that stopped me pushing any harder which I might have otherwise as other than them I was feeling fairly good in myself. Weather was perfect and a low level head cold that I'd been fighting off all week just disappeared for the morning.
I'm happy to have got around in 2:27 a half an hour outside my best, the other two lads I was with were just either side of the 2:00 balloon but I'm carrying 12Kg more than I did when I was

Some crowd and such a well organised event 10/10 to all involved.
I think the route changes caused a bit of mayhem with the traffic, I really enjoyed jogging up that long hill passing all the traffic that was being held up and laughing at all the thickos who had ignored the signs and got stuck behind us

All about the hat
I was looking for you too and had no phone on me. Ah well

Finished it in 1.57. Basically took it as a training run. Didn't want to risk not finishing by trying to keep the pace up. Done 18 miles total since Dublin so it was nice to get out again. Legs aren't too bad either and I'll prob get out Tuesday for a run. Glad to be back in action tbh. Holidays/poker are a killer for turning into a lazy git

That was a doozy of a hill alright. The legs were pumping on that one! Nice downhill finish though so could get an auld sprint for the crowds 😂

Couple of nice blaas and a feed of pints after were nice too🍺🍺
Old Yesterday, 12:23   #690
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post
Feel like Iím plateauing around 23mins at the moment, did 23.03 and 23.09 yesterday and today so Iím going to burst out tomorrow and see what happens...! I still canít believe I did a 21.12 only 10months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post
22.05... think I just need to do more max work, seems Iíve been coasting.
Came in at 21.13 today, my PB is 21.12... my first km was 42 seconds slower than that PB so much better pace for the remaining 4km. 4:23 was the slowest km, and definitely feel more comfortable around the 4:10 pace now, so a 20-handle should be possible I hope.

Sucks that after 10 months of running, Iím still one second slower than January, so Iíll have to go nuts in December to beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyHiFi View Post
Did the Clontarf half in 2:18 today.

Felt a lot slower so was happy to break 2:20 with a shoulder that needs physio and generally unhappy running disposition (heavy legged, blustery wind, general feeling of fatigue/ennui)

Got my total for the year up to 900Km though so if all stays good i should manage the last 100km in Dec.
Thatís great going for the year, fair play! Iím about 68km short of 500km which was one of my targets so Iíll have to give that a go I think.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games