Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I like that with no irony whatsoever the spokesman described the project as 'well executed'.
    I did think it was nice of the local artist to go out and finish their slogan for them and send it to the relevant media

"No Repeal" being the message here I think
    Last edited by Guest; 17-05-18, 13:59.

Comment

Thanks for explaining it to us twice m8
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Thanks for explaining it to us twice m8
        Channeling my inner Stewart Lee, a good punchline needs repeating, might do a call back to it in about 27 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Reminds me of a hotel in tramore I was at years back, the majestic hotel. There is a car park opposite it, and the words IN and OUT are written on the relevant spots at the entrance/exit. However, the N on IN is written backwards, so that from outside, where you should see IN, you see I and a backwards N. From inside though it says NI. Very Monty python. It's still visible on Google stretview in case anyone wants to laugh at waterford.
          Nee.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            I did think it was nice of the local artist to go out and finish their slogan for them and send it to the relevant media

"No Repeal" being the message here I think
            See.... the mountain is stating it's view which is no, fair enough, mountains are old and tend to be stuck in their ways

But the jumper says Repeal... cause you can tell by the lack of strain on the neck, cuffs and the clean colour of the jumper, that it is a fairly young jumper and has not gone through the grind of the wash too often... therefore has not yet become cynical and worn down by age

NOW, if she was facing the mountain, her message would be NO! Repeal!
            ... as in, no you are incorrect mountain, you must move with the times and repeal

But because she is facing away from the mountain, what she is actually saying is...

Comment

Reminds me of a hotel in tramore I was at years back, the majestic hotel. There is a car park opposite it, and the words IN and OUT are written on the relevant spots at the entrance/exit. However, the N on IN is written backwards, so that from outside, where you should see IN, you see I and a backwards N. From inside though it says NI. Very Monty python. It's still visible on Google stretview in case anyone wants to laugh at waterford.
              Icarus doing his FAS painting course that week I guess.

Comment

That enough times now Eamon?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  A higher up suit said it was in bad taste so they took it down.
                  Wow, of all the reasons that wasn't the one I would have backed!

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                  Had a look yesterday.

Imagine from a non Irish POV, trying to get your head around 1/100 Yes in most Dublin constituencies whilst 1/10 No in Roscommon, Donegal & Leitrim etc.
                  I guess it's like that in many places. I remember seeing the electoral map for Hillary vs Trump and it was pockets of blue on the coast and vast swathes of red in middle. 'Fields can't vote' as someone pointed out w.r.t Hillary scooping the popular vote.

Comment

Reminds me of 'The Bungalow' in Deansgrange. They misspelt it about 5 years ago, and just said fuck it who cares. https://www.google.com/maps/@53.2846...7i13312!8i6656

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                      Reminds me of 'The Bungalow' in Deansgrange. They misspelt it about 5 years ago, and just said fuck it who cares.

Think it might be closer to 10 years for that spelling

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Far too warm a hug from the eighty year old waitress on coming back to her restaurant. I feel I must have done something here last night. It was like she was greeting a long lost kid.
                          she was just squeezing your organs to see which ones were in good harvest-able nick
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

This is America
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                voting abstinence generally involves a decision based on not fully understanding consequences of vote or disengagement from civil process.
                                Option one is solved by researching your vote and what it means
                                handy guide;
                                https://refcom2018.refcom.ie/refcom-...18-english.pdf
                                How is option 1 solved by reading a 5-page pamphlet?

It is one of the most complex issues put to the electorate in my lifetime and I don't understand how reading a few pages and subsequently firing off a vote just to be part of the process helps the process be better. If I don't think that my vote contributes in a net positive way to an informed outcome then I think abstinence is a pretty reasonable position? Personally, I am aghast that in this day and age such a decision is left to a load of monkeys with typewriters.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                  Sick live cash game on twitch right now with a one million Euro minimum buying blinds are 2k 4 k with a 4 k ante. Playing 8 handed , Line up includes Ivey, Antonius, Koon, Phau, Elton. Dawn is on the waiting list. Already had a pot of just over 1.5 million.
                                  They are playing with a 10k ante at one point. I don't think Patrick has really been part of the crew grinding these huge games over the last few years. You can hear him talking in the background at one point about how he can't quite believe that this is real money involved in these games. A couple of 2m pots in the session. Kalas Kane sits in the game and looks like he is another crypto winner judging on the talk at the table and the huge jump in stakes he is now playing.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This is America
                                    Heard the ads being played on Newstalk but only caught the end. Didn't know if it was a satirical price or for reals. Oh dear.
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

three non-abortion questions for the sages of the BBV:
                                      1. Where can one buy nuts in bulk in Dublin? Supermarkets generally have small bags of dubious freshness, at high prices
                                      2. What do the cyclists of the BBV recommend in terms of a windcheater-type top that will keep you from being frozen by the wind but at the same time not a sweaty mess?
                                      3. What is the consensus in terms of pensions with previous jobs? Transfer to new scheme or leave as is in deferred status? Have a letter from old employer urging me to make my mind up. Like the idea of having all the loots in one place for ease of tracking and projections.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone know what price Salah was for top EPL scorer pre-season? Guesses are 33s to 66s

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Anyone know what price Salah was for top EPL scorer pre-season? Guesses are 33s to 66s
                                          Around 40/1 I'd guess.

Comment

Good guess, he was 33/1

Comment

I would be surprised if you couldn't have gotten him on exchanges at around 100. I'd guess probably 66-80 with the bookies. There was little to suggest he was capable of posting close to such numbers prior to this season.

Opr

Comment

Click all history

Comment

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/premier-leagu

Bet365 had him at 40's according to this.

But I'd say he was double that on exchanges.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    Computer says no
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                      They are playing with a 10k ante at one point. I don't think Patrick has really been part of the crew grinding these huge games over the last few years. You can hear him talking in the background at one point about how he can't quite believe that this is real money involved in these games. A couple of 2m pots in the session. Kalas Kane sits in the game and looks like he is another crypto winner judging on the talk at the table and the huge jump in stakes he is now playing.

Opr
                                                      No patrick hasnt been playing much the past few years fell out of love with the game and to much traveling, but has been playing a good bit recently including a final table at the Ept fina land said he hopes to keep it up.
                                                      Yes Kane and a couple of other players have appered at the nose bleeeds and are putting it down to crypto.
                                                      Ivey looked like playing with his last buyin was quite strange, he looked out of depth(then again no sample size to really have a proper opinion), even seen Phau needling him a few times and asking would he like another loan. He ended the biggest loser at close to 800k.
                                                      Everything Dawn suggested or did was aggreed to and he seemed to be the centre of all the conversations at the table, was clear to see he plays very regularly.

Comment

Computer says no
                                                        click on all history, its there at 66s

Comment

Computer says no
                                                          Get a better computer then. Works for me.

Comment

I've seen a couple of slips from before the start of the season posted on LFC pages and both are 33/1.

Comment

Get a better computer then. Works for me.
                                                              Oh well my phone I meant. Computer got smashed. Waiting for new one to be delivered
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                No patrick hasnt been playing much the past few years fell out of love with the game and to much traveling, but has been playing a good bit recently including a final table at the Ept fina land said he hopes to keep it up.
                                                                Yes Kane and a couple of other players have appered at the nose bleeeds and are putting it down to crypto.
                                                                Ivey looked like playing with his last buyin was quite strange, he looked out of depth(then again no sample size to really have a proper opinion), even seen Phau needling him a few times and asking would he like another loan. He ended the biggest loser at close to 800k.
                                                                Everything Dawn suggested or did was aggreed to and he seemed to be the centre of all the conversations at the table, was clear to see he plays very regularly.
                                                                I can't imagine Ivey is anything other than hugely wealthy from playing with these guys for the last few years. It would be extremely hard for him to be losing.

I would guess Dwan is liked because he gives so much action. These guys are obviously all huge sickos and Dwan has always played in a way which is high variance which these guys obviously appreciate. They seem quite aware of the dynamic and even refer to themselves as the VIP/Fish when discussing players coming in and out of the game. They probably don't mind losing money so much to pros who are in there gambling it up and making the game fun for them to an extent. It was Dwan who suggested kicking the game up with the 10k ante. On the other side, you can see they are keen to get rid of Antonius due to how much he is perceived to be nit-ing it up in the game.

Opr

Comment

1. Where can one buy nuts in bulk in Dublin? Supermarkets generally have small bags of dubious freshness, at high prices
                                                                  2. What do the cyclists of the BBV recommend in terms of a windcheater-type top that will keep you from being frozen by the wind but at the same time not a sweaty mess?
                                                                  3. What is the consensus in terms of pensions with previous jobs? Transfer to new scheme or leave as is in deferred status? Have a letter from old employer urging me to make my mind up. Like the idea of having all the loots in one place for ease of tracking and projections.
                                                                  No. 2 have this endura jacket, good for the commutes

Post reminds me must check my pension!

Comment

Question 1 : Try Nutty Delights in Georges St Arcade.

Comment

Q3
                                                                      Obv better placed people than me could comment but Janine bits and pieces of pension here and there is a big pain in the arse.
                                                                      Always sounded like the big plus of prsa idea was that you could bring it with you wherever you go, not sure that it quite worked out that way though.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

I believe the advantage of keeping the different pensions separate is the ability to cash them in at different times, which may be more or less useful depending.

I reckon Strewel has inadvertently revealed the name of his mistress there, say hi to Janine for us.

Comment

Check the fees on your current and past pension structures. I like the flexibility of a few pension pots so you can stagger the retirement and the tax free cash drawdowns but people do seem to prefer to have it all in one place.

For example if you early retire one previous pension pot at age 50 say and use the tax free cash to pay off part of a mortgage or something, the balance will probably go in an ARF and you won’t drawdown until you actually retire. ARFs are generally more expensive than a corporate pension plan so a level of flexibility with a partial retirement of the overall pension assets might be better.

It does depend on your circumstances though.

Cheapest place for nuts in bulk is the Asian supermarket.
                                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 17-05-18, 23:24.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Word to the wise - someone on boards is saying he was able to purchase VT Vanguard ETF on Keytrade lately despite the lack of PRIIPs KID documentation. As I speculated a few months ago they seem to have implemented some sort of box to tick where you say you are experienced in purchasing ETFs and don't need to read any extra documentation.

Hopefully DeGiro and others are able to follow suit in the not too distant.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                I can't imagine Ivey is anything other than hugely wealthy from playing with these guys for the last few years. It would be extremely hard for him to be losing.

I would guess Dwan is liked because he gives so much action. These guys are obviously all huge sickos and Dwan has always played in a way which is high variance which these guys obviously appreciate. They seem quite aware of the dynamic and even refer to themselves as the VIP/Fish when discussing players coming in and out of the game. They probably don't mind losing money so much to pros who are in there gambling it up and making the game fun for them to an extent. It was Dwan who suggested kicking the game up with the 10k ante. On the other side, you can see they are keen to get rid of Antonius due to how much he is perceived to be nit-ing it up in the game.

Opr
                                                                                Pretty fascinating watch. Im always skeptical that stakes this high can be real. Clear that a big part of playing this high is keeping the variance down, or trying to. 56hh on 78hh board was pretty interesting. Also AQhh hand where he folds pre.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  Word to the wise - someone on boards is saying he was able to purchase VT Vanguard ETF on Keytrade lately despite the lack of PRIIPs KID documentation. As I speculated a few months ago they seem to have implemented some sort of box to tick where you say you are experienced in purchasing ETFs and don't need to read any extra documentation.

Hopefully DeGiro and others are able to follow suit in the not too distant.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...#post107025400
                                                                                  I was just about to upgrade myself to 'experienced investor' on my Degiro acc so will report back.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Are we happy having a decent sum of money with degiro? Once you buy company shares the money isn't actually with them, correct? So if they go TU all you would lose is the cash in your account?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                      Are we happy having a decent sum of money with degiro? Once you buy company shares the money isn't actually with them, correct? So if they go TU all you would lose is the cash in your account?
                                                                                      I've opened an account with them in the last year and have €5k sitting unused in my Degiro account in recent months, waiting for an opportunity - happy enough to have it sitting there, I presume (like Davys, etc...) it's sitting in one of their cash funds and pretty damn safe.

Comment

Was the mental midget schmozzle between Waters and Dunphy played out on radio or TV?

Are we really that messed up as a country that those kind of assclowns are what passes as public intellectuals?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Was the mental midget schmozzle between Waters and Dunphy played out on radio or TV?

Are we really that messed up as a country that those kind of assclowns are what passes as public intellectuals?
                                                                                          Dunphys podcast.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Jack will enjoy this, girl i know (very vaguely) posted a gofundme on facebook

It took me a while to swallow my pride and post this but with just over a week to go there is no room for egos

Originally I thought I wouldn’t be eligible to vote as I’ve been living in London for quite some time, but when I check the register on a wim low and behold there I was! By this point the cost of flights had skyrocketed to over £300 and unfortunately I just can’t afford to pay that much to fly #hometovote so here I am

The Repeal of the 8th Amendment is something that I feel is vital for the future of women’s healthcare and rights in Ireland and for that reason I feel it’s imperative that any eligble YES vote is cast, including my own

So if you can spare a couple of euro to help contribute towards my flights I would be endlessly grateful

Comment

Jesus - is anyone giving her the cash? That's mad, I'd never have the balls to ask for people's help in that spot and I'd judge harshly anyone fool enough to give her a hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Jack will enjoy this, girl i know (very vaguely) posted a gofundme on facebook
                                                                                                That's a pure cheek. I bet she'll get the money she wants too.

Comment

Yeah it was a mix of people mocking her, and people giving her money. She's nearly at the target.

Comment

Sail rail €33 London to Dublin or GTFO

Comment

Clearly not that unusual, I know someone too. Different amount so not the same person. I had a look on GoFundMe and there is quite a lot of returns for HometoVote, all seem to be Yes voters as expected

Comment

NSFW audio

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"checked the register on a whim" was my favourite line. She'll be on the beer for the weekend.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

oooh its worth a listen, Dunphy was asking when life starts, asked about morning after pill and boom

una mullally for the yes side (haven't listened)

In fairness he picked the hardest voices on both sides

Comment

...

Comment

Una Mullally would make me vote no
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

John Waters always comes across as one of life's natural losers. At least Dunphy had something back in the day. Remember being taught his short stories in school.

Dunphy podcast is decent, odd one where he clearly hasn't read up first and waffles a bit but usually worth a listen, ignore the football ones though

Comment

Una Mullally would make me vote no
                                                                                                                    Been listening, she is on her best behavior thus far

Comment

...

Comment

Not sure if she fully counts as black, but presume Meghan Markle would be first black royal that Europes had?
                                                                                                                        Why would you presume that?

Comment

"checked the register on a whim" was my favourite line. She'll be on the beer for the weekend.
                                                                                                                          Wim Low and behold

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X