Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of having sexual activity with a girl under 16.

The best sports coverage from around the world, covering: Football, Cricket, Golf, Rugby, WWE, Boxing, Tennis and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeRight
      I bet paddy is on the range right now working on a swing change

Comment

That's one way to hit the word count

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur
          If anyone is in town and can make the gaiety for 7:30, and is interested I have a free ticket for the Martin McDonagh play The Pillowman.

My number is 0876103765 if interested.
          Damn I'd have tried to make it if I saw this earlier. Enjoy
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If anyone is in town and can make the gaiety for 7:30, and is interested I have a free ticket for the Martin McDonagh play The Pillowman.

My number is if interested.
            Let me know what you think of it, I'm going Saturday week. PS did you catch Underneath, thought it was very enjoyable but reckon I'm a bit easier to please than your good self.
            Last edited by mcnugget; 03-03-15, 00:57.

Comment

@ Lazare, if u see this, did you have that stag weekend in Westport yet. We are off this weekend but feck all sport on the TV Saturday so wouldn't mind something different to do to pass the afternoon other than sitting in the pub so if you came across anything worthwhile lemme know

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

going to Pho Viet at the w/e, moar byob

expecting Big Things
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

My number is 0876103765 if interested.
                      dammit would have gone with you and bought you buckets of Jameson in return

review please, Mrs DIII is mad into her fellow Galwegian
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Dobby is a free elf!

Comment

> ------ <
                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 02-03-15, 21:41.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            @ Lazare, if u see this, did you have that stag weekend in Westport yet. We are off this weekend but feck all sport on the TV Saturday so wouldn't mind something different to do to pass the afternoon other than sitting in the pubso if you came across anything worthwhile lemme know
                            Unfortunately that's exactly what I did for the whole Saturday.

Bonkers weekend, really put the body through the ringer.

Arrived at about 6 on Fri and sessioned until about 7am. Got up at about 11, had an hour in a jacuzzi then got back on the horse until about 5am.

Still not right after it. Some craic though, place is full of hens. Back room of Matt Molloys was hopping both nights, great live music, great beers, just deadly craic.

Are you staying in the Harbour Mill apartments by any chance? Seems most people I've spoken to since have stayed there.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Unfortunately that's exactly what I did for the whole Saturday.

Bonkers weekend, really put the body through the ringer.

Arrived at about 6 on Fri and sessioned until about 7am. Got up at about 11, had an hour in a jacuzzi then got back on the horse until about 5am.

Still not right after it. Some craic though, place is full of hens. Back room of Matt Molloys was hopping both nights, great live music, great beers, just deadly craic.

Are you staying in the Harbour Mill apartments by any chance? Seems most people I've spoken to since have stayed there.
                              Staying in a hotel, Court something, not sure as didnt book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Staying in a hotel, Court something, not sure as didnt book it.
                                You'll definitely enjoy it, really great town for a session, people are super friendly and it really buzzes at night.

Normally do something other than getting smashed the Saturday of stags, go karts, golf or something but the session was far too much fun to abandon.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Harrington must be out on the range now trying to rebuild his swing.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      I bought a yoga mat today, and running shoes, and a pull up bar... Also got some sadist foam roller, looks like it will kill me.
                                      Solid start imo.
                                      People spending €€€€'s on treadmills or worse home multigyms are only burning up cash and space.
                                      Imo ideal beginners set up is a mat, foam roller, pull up bar, kettlebell and a resistance band. €100ish for the lot. If you added the KB and the band you'd be fairly set.
                                      I think there some home workouts posted in the fitness thread.

Comment

Prob the only Sap in the world that enjoyed fifty shades of grey

Ignoring the sex bits I thought it was quite a good story.

Thought it would have been way more dirtier tbh.
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            The wife was asking on that front: are the scenes cut in any way for the Irish version? Apparently the torrent copy is.
                                            It said it was 2 hours long but I noticed the music in the sex scenes was deffo cut. Its worth a watch. Its a nice different story imo but shur my opinion here is just LOL
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

The wife was asking on that front: are the scenes cut in any way for the Irish version? Apparently the torrent copy is.
                                                Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                It said it was 2 hours long but I noticed the music in the sex scenes was deffo cut. Its worth a watch. Its a nice different story imo but shur my opinion here is just LOL
                                                Definitely cut. Any time a scene was going below the waist it changed straight away. At one stage they were standing undressing each other and literally one second later they were on the bed with the music changed like SatNav said.

I just felt there was no real story to it. Nothing about yer mans business and yer wan is a virgin but 2 days later she's into bondage and shite. Herself thought it was a bit boring too. Worth a watch to see what all the fuss is about but I won't be going to see the next one.

Comment

I went to see it last week.
                                                  The story is so-so. Sex scenes are about as dirty as I'd expect in a hollywood movie.
                                                  But the dialogue is terrible. I'd assume is mostly down to lifting dialogue from the book. But it sounds like it was written by some horny nerd on a fanfic forum.
                                                  No idea why they didn't get their writers to give it a once over.

It was also incredibly strange feeling 100s of women acting completely childish. Nervous giggles before it even started. And erupting at the slightest provocation. I'd assume being single at valentines was the catalyst for that.

Comment

Fresh Off The Boat has a small bit of potential based on the first two episodes. Could go either way though.
                                                    I really enjoy it, the mother is gas craic.

Very similar to The Goldbergs, growing up in the 80's etc.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      Solid start imo.
                                                      People spending €€€€'s on treadmills or worse home multigyms are only burning up cash and space.
                                                      Imo ideal beginners set up is a mat, foam roller, pull up bar, kettlebell and a resistance band. €100ish for the lot. If you added the KB and the band you'd be fairly set.
                                                      I think there some home workouts posted in the fitness thread.
                                                      Will check out the thread cheers. Never seen/used a resistance band. Maybe amazon will have these things.

this kinda thing? http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Pre...sistance+bands

not sure about weights for kettlebell so didnt pull the trigger yet

Comment

Rugby Superleague try of the week. Not quite sure how he did it, possibly doesn't know it himself.

Josh Griffin's Try for Salford Red Devils against Hull FC is the winner of the First Utility Super League Try of the Week for Round 3

Comment

Just watched the BBC coverage of Ireland England there.

Inverdale post match "A wonderful six nations weekend with three games which could have gone either way"...Err not really no John.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                            Seems to be some legs growing on the Tiger Woods whispers.

http://thegame730am.com/pga-golfer-d...trong-of-golf/
                                                            He has now retracted his statement.

Olsen, an East Lansing native, on Monday retracted statements suggesting Woods has been suspended for a failed drug test and that he may be using illegal equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Shite

I've just calmed a row by saying we could use it
                                                              Wedding booked for the day of the referendum and people involved in the campaign having a hisssy fit because they will be missing a couple of hundred votes.
                                                              If I lose the bet by a few hundred votes, you owe RDIII a hundred yo yo

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              going to Pho Viet at the w/e, moar byob

expecting Big Things
                                                              Full trip report please, haven't been yet but have heard good things

She's now heavily pregnant, and found her to be an even more fckable proposition than ever. Am no stranger to dodgy thoughts and aspirations in the sexual sphere, but this seemed like a new one. What would pop-psyc say about that?
                                                              Meh, I've always had a massive horn for pregnant women, something about them is very, very sexy

Comment

Met a woman today who I've always had a thing for. Anyone would tbh. Have withdrawn her image and persona from the mental wankbank atm a fair few times over the last year or so. She's now heavily pregnant, and found her to be an even more fckable proposition than ever. Am no stranger to dodgy thoughts and aspirations in the sexual sphere, but this seemed like a new one. What would pop-psyc say about that?

/ potentially irrelevant additional info: she also has same first name as my wife and is from the same country...
                                                                Soemething about your mother.

Goodnight gents. I hope to play more tomorrow.
                                                                Leave some entertaining light entertainment for me to browse as I wake up.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                  Let me know what you think of it, I'm going Saturday week. PS did you catch Underneath, thought it was very enjoyable but reckon I'm a bit easier to please than your good self.
                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  review please, Mrs DIII is mad into her fellow Galwegian

The Pillowman is an extraordinary play. I have never seen anything quite like it. Dave McSavage makes his theatre debut and underwhelms until the latter stages where he has more comedic lines. He looked nervous early on, but I just checked there and it was opening night so that's fair enough, it also explains why the President was there and we were asked to stand up before the start to welcome him.

It is the darkest play I have ever seen. Which suits me just fine, and is equal parts hilarious, fascinating, and just plain wrong. I loved cracking up at stuff that was so black that maybe 1 in 5 around me would be laughing at. Leave any thoughts of linear narrative at the door and just strap yourself in for the surreal, Kafkaesque ride. Reminiscent in some ways of The Weir due to plenty of stories being told.

As for Pat Kinevane's Underneath. Well, I went with expectations which were sky high. Silent is one of very favourite theatre pieces, and I love Forgotten too, so I was hugely looking forward to his 3rd piece. I don't think it stands up to the quality of the other 2.

If I had never seen Silent I would have liked Underneath more. But it has such an identical structure in every respect that, frankly, I was disappointed at the lack of creativity and originality from him structurally. He wanted to create a new character and issue but use the exact same structure and devices, and I'm not sure why he chose to do that.

The theme itself was very strong and affecting, but I think he broke away from it a bit too much this time with the other stuff. Too much relief this time. Also I think the important scene from her teens when she went to meet the guy for the train needed to be rewritten as I found it didn't have the devastating effect it should have had - at least not for me.

But he is still Ireland's most compassionate voice in theatre, and I love the themes he tackles and the heart and humanity he brings to his work.

Also caught the horror film It Follows, a film about death and trying to avoid it by procreating and passing it on to them. Some incredibly effective images in it, and worth catching for the first half alone.

Comment

Will check out the thread cheers. Never seen/used a resistance band. Maybe amazon will have these things.

this kinda thing? http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Pre...sistance+bands

not sure about weights for kettlebell so didnt pull the trigger yet
                                                                    Yeah that kinda band. I'd go for a black one there, 25 to 65 lbs. It's a decent mid range.
                                                                    For the kettelbell I'd say a guy should go with 16kg starting out.

This is another good set. A bit more robust.

This is a similar filled plastic type to the one you posted. Suspiciously cheap tough.

Comment

Awesome thanks, will get that band and the 16kg kettlebell for 30£ (thought they would be cheaper!), the other one is cheap because it is shit it seems, cheers.

Edit: feckers wont deliver to ireland
                                                                      edit: my first plastic one will deliver, but is huge compared to iron ones

I guess this one
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 03-03-15, 01:07.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                        For once the Commentators on sky were right. He should have nuked a 6. Anywhere but water was ok. Takes double out of play and 18 on in 2. I blame the Caddy.
                                                                        Great to seeing Harrington win today, the Poults meltdown was fun too.

It's generally just Mark Roe who's wrong, but he's wrong so often it feels like they all are, the mans an imbecile. I think Tim Barter is exceptionally good at what he does and very unusual for a golf hack never swerves the awkward questions. Nailed Dustin on the drugs while going over his round at Pebble a two week ago.

Comment

SA win the toss and will bat.

Wegoagain

Comment

Maiden over to start. Don't think we'll see too many of them in this SA innings.

Wp Mooney, sporting his fine headband again

Comment

That's a pretty good option, ugly but compact.
                                                                              a bit expensive for a lump of metal. But it will not break and it holds its value.

If you were able to pick up from Dublin City, these ones are good. Again, would hold their value well.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              SA win the toss and will bat.

Wegoagain
                                                                              How long does a game of stickball last?

Comment

How long does a game of stickball last?
                                                                                Should end about 11.30 our time if both teams bat 50 overs.

SA a man down already. De Kock out

Comment

Should end about 11.30 our time if both teams bat 50 overs.

SA a man down already. De Kock out
                                                                                  So that's 10.30 tonight local. 8 hours a game, shit.

Comment

Will likely be all in vain but that's a class first five innings from Mooney.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Its times like this i wished i knew wtf was happening in a cricket match.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        Will likely be all in vain but that's a class first five innings from Mooney.
                                                                                        One bad drop and one not so bad but still a chance have damaged us. That and poor bowling from the non Mooney end

Comment

Its jbravado that's in Switzerland yeah ?

After several beers Saturday night it made perfect sense to book flights to Basel to see The Waterboys in Zurich in September.

Would people have any preference to either city ?

I was going to do 1 day in Basel and 2 in Zurich.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            Its times like this i wished i knew wtf was happening in a cricket match.
                                                                                            I've been slowly picking it up from a english ex-pat here in oz.

Cricket Ol'boys are snooty, so they use funny terminology to confuse the Hoi polloi. But its really simple.

You have 50 overs to score as many runs as possible.
                                                                                            Who ever scores the most runs wins. (an over is the unit for a game period, but it sounds like a score unit to throw you off. Snooty bastards)
                                                                                            When you get a batsman out its called a wickets. If they get 10 wickets before 50 overs, you stop there, and that's your score.

Only the runs really count per the scores. The wickets and overs are more a mark of how close to finishing their go they are.

A score looks like
                                                                                            xxx(Runs)/x(Wickets)
                                                                                            Overs: xx.x

Kev, How did I do?
                                                                                            I literally knew none of this nonsense last month.
                                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 03-03-15, 04:48.

Comment

SA keeping up a decent run rate AND keeping wickets in hand. Our lads could be chasing a massive total. Even if that ends up being the case the batsmen just need to play their own game

Comment

Kev, How did I do?
                                                                                                I literally knew none of this nonsense last month.
                                                                                                Jolly good old chap

Comment

Uh oh, SA beginning to kick on early. 24 off the 24th over. Sorenson has gone for 51 in just 4 overs. Ireland in all sorts of bother here. Huge total on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL
                                                                                                    Pay no attention to it. The 8 an over gives a better idea but even that is on the conservative side
                                                                                                    Can you explain why?
                                                                                                    Does the RR pick up as it progresses. Why is that?
                                                                                                    Better batsmen in reserve prehaps?

Comment

Can you explain why?
                                                                                                      Does the RR pick up as it progresses. Why is that?
                                                                                                      Better batsmen in reserve prehaps?
                                                                                                      Wickets in hand mean they will take more risks later. Ball getting older, another power play to come. One AB De Villiers to bat at 5. Our weak ass death bowling lineup

Comment

Screw your 400+, I've no clue what I'm doing, but i'm gonna call it at 387

Comment

Screw your 400+, I've no clue what I'm doing, but i'm gonna call it at 387
                                                                                                          Well a positive about about these 2 staying out there means no AB

Comment

Scrumping good strategy from the boys, who haaa

Comment

You're getting the lads hows up in the other thread with your typo btw.

Comment

KOB clean bowls Faf, end result is AB moved up the order and in at 4. Eeeek

Comment

jaysus

Comment

Amla dropped on 10 goes on to make 159. 3 wickets down

Comment

Amla dropped on 10 goes on to make 159. 3 wickets down
                                                                                                                      Now AB gone for 24 (off 9 lol). 2 wickets in this over for mcbrine

Comment

280-2 after 40
                                                                                                                        323/4 after 43
                                                                                                                        lol at the last 3 overs,

Comment

323/4 after 43
                                                                                                                          lol at the last 3 overs,
                                                                                                                          Standard enough in this situation really. That's how the game is now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X