X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rake in a Cash League final

Is this the norm?

you might need to expand a bit what structure is used for the final
    Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantispoker View Post
      you might need to expand a bit what structure is used for the final
      Not sure what you mean tbh, players started with different stacks depending on hours/points earned. Blinds started at €1/€2 and increased every 25 mins i think it was

Comment

What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by chandler7 View Post
          What are you talking about?
          Great first post. You'll be some addition around here

Comment

Hi Rossies,

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like the Cash League Final was played with Cash chips?

If so, that seems very odd. Any cash league final I've played in is done so with chips that you use in a tourney.

So, for every hour you've played, you get (for example) 100 chips. The lad that has played 60 hours starts off with 6000 chips, person who played 90 hours of cash gets a starting stack of 9000 chips and so on.

It's then played like a normal tournament starting with 25/50 blinds and working right through the levels. Same as any tourney, there is no rake as the chips don't have any monetary value until you bust in the top 10% or so of finishers or win outright and then you claim your share of the Cash League fund which should have been made up of some part of the rake taken over all the Cash games.

What you are describing sounds very unusual to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              Hi Rossies,

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like the Cash League Final was played with Cash chips?

If so, that seems very odd. Any cash league final I've played in is done so with chips that you use in a tourney.

So, for every hour you've played, you get (for example) 100 chips. The lad that has played 60 hours starts off with 6000 chips, person who played 90 hours of cash gets a starting stack of 9000 chips and so on.

It's then played like a normal tournament starting with 25/50 blinds and working right through the levels. Same as any tourney, there is no rake as the chips don't have any monetary value until you bust in the top 10% or so of finishers or win outright and then you claim your share of the Cash League fund which should have been made up of some part of the rake taken over all the Cash games.

I cant figure out how the tournament ends. Either one player or the house has all the loots?

Comment

maybe something like
                £2 per hour spent on cash table accum over a month
                all monies played for on 1st of month,
                cash out at 4am or six people left,

still no idea how rake works? is there even rake on a cash league final?

Comment

Hi Rossies,

Ok then how the hell does the final as described above by you actually finish?

And the one im talking about, players did receive actual cash chips and played until there was 6 players left at which stage any player could cash in or play on, up to him

Comment

Originally posted by RossiesAbu View Post
                    Ok then how the hell does the final as described above by you actually finish?

And the one im talking about, players did receive actual cash chips and played until there was 6 players left at which stage any player could cash in or play on, up to him
                    It finishes the exact same as every tourney finishes, when one person wins all the chips or people do a deal when they are 5/6 handed to divvy up the money.

Genuinely never heard of a cash league final like the one you describe

Comment

It finishes the exact same as every tourney finishes, when one person wins all the chips or people do a deal when they are 5/6 handed to divvy up the money.

Genuinely never heard of a cash league final like the one you describe
                      Ah so the prizes are determined beforehand as in a normal tournament? Ive never heard of cash league final played like that either tbh

Comment

What tour describing doesn't make sense as a cash league final and is the first time I have ever heard of cash chips being used in this way. Cash league finals are structured as any tourney with the fitz for example 100hrs would get you 10000 chips. Top 40 are paid out of the 40k prizepool. It is important to note the way you are describing is double raking which sounds very iffy. You don't rake a cash league final.

Comment

Just because it's unusual doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. Fairly early to understand - you get given chips with a direct monetary value. Play for either a fixed amount of time or down to a fixed number of players, then everyone cashes out their stack.

In fact I'd say it makes more sense than running a standard tournament - at the end of the day the players are there due to playing chase which is a different discipline to tournaments, and there is an effort being made to make the cash league final as 'cashgamey' as possible.

Comment

In saying that, I don't think it should be raked!

Comment

Assuming a reasonably small max rake per hand then all tables should go all-in pre every hand quickly reducing it to 6 or less remaining who immediately cash out. Then they split the money as per original stacks of all participants.
                              Impossible to organise obviously.

But slowly playing it out means the rake is going to kill the payouts.

Comment

"The league final will just be a cash table with "lower" rake which was 4%. Cap at 5er. Have to stay at least 2 hours to cash out.. But the blinds go up! 1-2 to then 1-3, and stop at 2-5, every half an hour."

Apparently.

Comment

Where did this take place?

Comment

Working...
                                  X