Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

odds of about 4/1 in a nine runner non handicap racing against a 1/4 shot with the market being 33 bar..... Well we can all dream ( and scale our expectations downwards.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    every one is different but I will happily back EW at prices as low as 5/2 and sometimes even 9/4.
    will you GTFO
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I remember backing a 9/4 shot ew once, cant remember the name of the horse but I still maintain it was one of the best bets I've ever placed.

Godolphin had a 1/2 fav, first run in 10 months or so, the horse I backed was in good form, improving, and only about 4lbs out on official figures with the fav. Betting was something like 20/1 bar 2, 33s+ bar 3. 8 runners obv.

He hacked up. If I think of its name ill post it

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        will you GTFO
        I got banned from a bookies last Monday for attempting to have €20 e/w on an 11/4 shot in a 7 runner race. Not optimum but it was 40/1 bar 2. Fav was 1/3 ( 1.05 Fontwell Monday )

The gimp behind the counter who until recently was on 96FM giving tips ( Paul Cashman CEO of Cashmans bookmakers ) told me that HE wasnt doing each way on the race and when I said youre having a laugh ( and kinda pointed at his rules )told me to just leave if that was my attitude. Told him he was a joke and his reply was basically fuck off..

Of course the horse won easy, but the top two were 30 lengths clear jumping the 3rd last...

If bookies are running scared on these bets it because with the sp place terms they know the odds are against them. Id imagine on the place only and the w/o fav market this horse was at most 1/5 if not a 1/8 shot and youre nearly getting 3/4 for the place when backed e/w.

There is normally a couple of these bets every week and hopefully this thread will highlight them..

Remember backing each way is something you do on 5/2 to 4/1 shots ideally in 9 runner NON handicaps... The win bets should be kept for 12/1 shots in 13 runner handicaps AND not vica-versa
        Last edited by Deep Throat; 30-01-10, 07:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Throat View Post
          I got banned from a bookies last Monday for attempting to have €20 e/w on an 11/4 shot in a 7 runner race. Not optimum but it was 40/1 bar 2. Fav was 1/3 ( 1.05 Fontwell Monday )

The gimp behind the counter who until recently was on 96FM giving tips ( Paul Cashman CEO of Cashmans bookmakers ) told me that HE wasnt doing each way on the race and when I said youre having a laugh ( and kinda pointed at his rules )told me to just leave if that was my attitude. Told him he was a joke and his reply was basically fuck off..

Of course the horse won easy, but the top two were 30 lengths clear jumping the 3rd last...

If bookies are running scared on these bets it because with the sp place terms they know the odds are against them. Id imagine on the place only and the w/o fav market this horse was at most 1/5 if not a 1/8 shot and youre nearly getting 3/4 for the place when backed e/w.

There is normally a couple of these bets every week and hopefully this thread will highlight them..

Great idea.

Never used Cashmans but that is a joke. 20ew

Comment

first winner at chelts today 420s

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
              first winner at chelts today 420s
              And Twiston Davies just had the first winner at Uttoxeter. Horses obv running well. Doubt whether Knowhere or Ollie Magern are good enough to win the Cotswolds though.

One horse crying out to be backed today is Katchit, 8/1 and bigger is massive. It's the worst Cleeve Hurdle I can remember, Katchit loves Cheltenham, and Kings horses are really coming into form. I can see it being between him and Mr Thriller, but 8/1 Katchit is a great price

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                And Twiston Davies just had the first winner at Uttoxeter. Horses obv running well. Doubt whether Knowhere or Ollie Magern are good enough to win the Cotswolds though.

One horse crying out to be backed today is Katchit, 8/1 and bigger is massive. It's the worst Cleeve Hurdle I can remember, Katchit loves Cheltenham, and Kings horses are really coming into form. I can see it being between him and Mr Thriller, but 8/1 Katchit is a great price
                looks wide open, i was thinking fair along each way, but not having a bet, GL with yours.

Comment

Nicholls is going to take all the gold cup prize money back to ditcheat

Comment

Some training performance from Nicholls there getting Taranis to hack up after that long a lay off

Comment

fck it - hope they go gold route rather than ryanair again. anyway - think he is flattered by that run, they went silly up front and were racing from too far out in thet ground.
                      What race did you watch, there were not going that fast at all and they only really raced from 2 out.

Comment

fck it - hope they go gold route rather than ryanair again. anyway - think he is flattered by that run, they went silly up front and were racing from too far out in thet ground.
                        Thing is though when you would have expected him to blow up he was able to quicken. Now maybe he wasn't quickening, rather the leaders backpedaling, but it would be harsh to knock that run imo. And fwiw I think they should go for the Ryanair.

Comment

oh yea they should obv go the ryanair route but ive already backed poquelin and never considered that taranis would be back or even a contender for the race. havnt looked yet but i suppsoe there will have been a mad overreaction to that run and he is a 4's shot now or something.
                          Yeah obv there will be the usual overreaction alright. Also the dreaded bounce factor might put a few people off but theres enough of a break till Chelt that I doubt it will have a bearing.

the ryanair is an early closer and Taranis doesnt appear to hold an entry.
                          Just checked, and it is early closing, but he could be supplemented for ÂŁ11.5k if they so wished.

Comment

Glad I wasn't punting Today, had all the hallmarks of a day I do my bollox, without really fancying anything.

Comment

Taranis goes straight to the Gold Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                Taranis goes straight to the Gold Cup
                                thats what i love about racing nicholls said he hadnt a chance 2day lol.
                                location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Disgusted when Private Be got beat today. Had him at 13/2 and thought he had it coming to the last.

Went off in a huff to play football. Came back to check my dockets/results and realised I had The Sawyer in a patent (small) with Arctic Magic (8s). Got more than I would have got for Private Be !!!

Gambling - mugs game.

Comment

Seems like all the decent punting was to be had at Hereford today.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        From the facebook Post Racing guy. Looks convincing to me!
                                        He's 11/8 I was hoping for something like 7-1/8-1 for an each way.

Comment

novice event, in the muck, fell last time, 5/4

hardly a value proposition (may well win but still!)

Comment

glad i didnt bet on this came 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              novice event, in the muck, fell last time, 5/4

hardly a value proposition (may well win but still!)
                                              <pat on the back>

Comment

Comment

Lol at EW thieves ITT
                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Tchios Polos generally 7/2 against Punchestowns in the 2.35 at Sandown.

Fell at the last when had the only other contender for 2nd (Pocket Aces ) stuffed at Kempton.

Front Runner who could put Punchestown's jumping to the test.

Powers are quoting him at 1/4 w/o the favourite, so 7/8 for a place has to be value.

Comment

Any thoughts on Leopardstown today, headin over. Notre Pere @ 11/2?

Comment

Dunguib... emm, wow

Comment

Comment

Anyone remember that horse in Leopardstown today that ElS got the tip for?

Think it might be Kilflora in the 3:10.

In which case its 3/1 to be placed, 16/1 to win. Worth a bit of speculation?
                                                            yea thats the horse alright, its tipped on atr, will throw a few quid on it myself, nothing big though.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              Dunguib... emm, wow
                                                              Odds on for the Supreme now

Comment

Anyone remember that horse in Leopardstown today that ElS got the tip for?

Think it might be Kilflora in the 3:10.

In which case its 3/1 to be placed, 16/1 to win. Worth a bit of speculation?
                                                                can't win them all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    Dunguib... emm, wow
                                                                    Did he really do anything you didnt expect today apart from jump badly?
                                                                    Dont know how he shortened after todays race.
                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                      Did he really do anything you didnt expect today apart from jump badly?
                                                                      Dont know how he shortened after todays race.
                                                                      while I agree with you that his jumping left a lot to be desired, you have to be impressed by the way he never came off the bridle for the entire race. Believe it or not but they were fairly good novices that he trounced. Fionnegas is highly regarded by Mullins as is Some Present by his brother.

I know a lot of the good form readers on here will be laying him at the price (and it is short for a 22+ runner race at high speed) but if he jumps adequately at Chelt he could be the greatest certainty since Istabraq (when he won his second).

the crowd today was totally excited by him and I for one can't wait til the 16th.

Comment

I disagree they were good novices, the have posted career best performances over hurdles of 138 and 137, not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination and would have no hope of being placed in a Supreme Novices.

Menorah who looks like being the main challenger to Dunguib has already had a 153 figure compared to Dunguibs best of 154 (admittedly looking like he has a hell of a lot left in the locker) so a lot more will be required at the festival.

With a possible 20 horse field, an inexperienced jockey round Prestbury Park, jumping issues and 4 wins against not great oppostion on bottomless ground i think to be odds on at this stage is silly but each to their own.

He certainly is a very exciting prospect and i cant wait to see how he does at the Festival but hes a lay at current prices imo.
                                                                        Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 07-02-10, 19:07.
                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Ive only just had a chance to look at this race from Saturday and I am absolutely buzzing afterwards - 25/1 is available with B365 for the Blue Square Gold Cup. This is a price to be getting excited about. The 3m 4f is 100% perfect for him and it will be pretty much the first time since going over fences that I can say he 100% has the trip that he requires. Everything about his running suggests that 3m 4f is the job, hopefully the ground will be half way decent and this lad rates as one hell of a bet. He is thrown in off 130 in that race.

Chaaaaarge people, chaaaarge... This is a once every couple of years sort of situation and a must get involved race! I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to a race as much as this one. I might even take a day trip to Haydock.
                                                                          Tell your colleagues across the corridor in Paddy towers that your uncle is the owner and that the horse is being stopped to get a better mark for Cheltenham.

Retire on the 50/1 winnings

Simples!

Comment

Ive only just had a chance to look at this race from Saturday and I am absolutely buzzing afterwards - 25/1 is available with B365 for the Blue Square Gold Cup. This is a price to be getting excited about. The 3m 4f is 100% perfect for him and it will be pretty much the first time since going over fences that I can say he 100% has the trip that he requires. Everything about his running suggests that 3m 4f is the job, hopefully the ground will be half way decent and this lad rates as one hell of a bet. He is thrown in off 130 in that race.

Chaaaaarge people, chaaaarge... This is a once every couple of years sort of situation and a must get involved race! I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to a race as much as this one. I might even take a day trip to Haydock.
                                                                            Funnily enough a mad keen punter has been following this horse in my workplace and mentioned it to me. Few quid stuck on e/way at 25's

Comment

#39
                                                                              16/1 best price across the board now (according to the RP odds comparison page anyway)

the weight of the BCB millions has eradicated the valoooooooooooo

Comment

#40
                                                                                http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...quare-gold-cup

25's still available. You must have been looking at According To Pete who is in the same race

now if I said I had just stuck 50 e/w on the wrong horse, would you laugh your hole off? Hypothetically speaking of course

Comment

#41
                                                                                  is his name John?
                                                                                  No it is Pete, El S is a good friend of his.
                                                                                  Last edited by Jackyback; 09-02-10, 17:03.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    what time is according to john racing? or is it finished?
                                                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                      what time is according to john racing? or is it finished?
                                                                                      They are not pricing him at 25's *and* giving him a week and a half head start or we would all be as excited as Gimmeabreak. It's on Saturday week.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Meh, 30 and 32 on betfair, but no place market yet

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Last of the Bunch looks nailed on for a place and has a good chance of beating the fav who is carrying a penalty. The rest seem fairly mediocre

2.10 Carlisle Last of the Bunch e/w 7/2 generally

Frameit 1.25 Lingfield. should be placed and with normal improvement from first time out should be close enough to win. Ran very green that day. 2 unraced horses and a once raced a/w debutant ahead of him in the betting mean that there has to be a question mark about being certain to be placed ,but imo backing a/w debutants is a bad move. and backing racecourse debutants on the a/w is even worse, so at 8/1 should be worth a €10 e/w €5w bet

Comment

#46
                                                                                            one of my horses to follow for the season, New Leyf, runs in Kemption tonight. I doubt the 3/1 will be available for long.
                                                                                            Was just about to post this. I ont think they'll be able to hide him in this one
                                                                                            Sneaky each way bet at 3's imo
                                                                                            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

#47
                                                                                              unfortunately there is a non runner and its now a 7 runner race. If they go fast enough he wins, if they crawl he gets chinned.
                                                                                              Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....Might try squeeze a bit outta the place market on BF then so.
                                                                                              I'll be investing in Raihana 5.05 meydan and with a bitta luck i`ll reinvest d profits on New Left.If not i`ll put d case money and head to tescos for noodles for the rest of the week if that fails.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                i got a tip for joncol few days ago came in and all forgot to say it here next time i will

david
                                                                                                David.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Tips in grade 1 races make baby jesus cry.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Anyone following the racing at Meydan this evening. Was watching the last couple, am gonna have plunge on his one. The winner of the last beat Pan River by 1/2 length when they met. Indian trained, I think its way overpriced at 9s currently.

Edit: Turkish trained I meant.
                                                                                                    Last edited by eagle eye; 11-02-10, 18:52.
                                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone following the racing at Meydan this evening. Was watching the last couple, am gonna have plunge on his one. The winner of the last beat Pan River by 1/2 length when they met. Indian trained, I think its way overpriced at 9s currently.

gwan ya good thing.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        cheers Eagleeye ,nice one.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Went off at 6s I think, sweeet.
                                                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

gwan ya good thing.

got on at 8 to 1, doubled him also with my bbv comment. good lad, you are indeed an eagle eye.

ah nice profit. I owe ya a beer.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Solskjaer; 11-02-10, 19:08.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              one of my horses to follow for the season, New Leyf, runs in Kemption tonight. I doubt the 3/1 will be available for long.
                                                                                                              Easssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy...2/1 returned...

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                First chance i've had to log on and say N1 got on at 5/2. Good work

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Just looking at Gowran Park 4.20, I haven't been following the racing today due to the rugby but I think this P'tit Fute is worth a small flutter in a beginners chase. It was a very good hurdler and he is entered for Cheltenham, first time out over the bigger obstacles. Nice price at 6/1 on Betfair.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    A couple of tipsters have pointed her out as well, BCB. Lumping on ATM.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      War Of Attrition - not a dry eye in the house. I love that horse.
                                                                                                                      Was in the car so had to listen to it on the radio, but I think I'm hoarse .
                                                                                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        available @ 2/1. I am failing to understand how they have priced up this race as is. the jolly is a front runner which is even better for my bet imo.
                                                                                                                        mugged by mccoy...ugh..ul

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X