Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything ok with Olerazz, long time no post?
    He'd like this sort of stuff at maudlin o'clock of a bank holiday.

Prefab Sprout's official music video for 'When Love Breaks Down'. Click to listen to Prefab Sprout on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/PrefabSSpotify?IQid=PrefabS...

Comment

ah a bank holiday, that explains why you are up so *late* m8
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Worried about oleras now m8s

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Worried about oleras now m8s
          it's alright m8, it's night time and wolves love nighttime
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Saw a part time job listed a few days ago for grave maintenance. Kicking myself now I didn't snap contact them, ad seems to be gone now. Would certainly be a talking point for an auld cv for a bit of thanks whoring on the fb. Now works as 'Grave Digger'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              A curry in Toughers about 6pm today. Beer for the rest

Comment

Met a load of dubs tonight. No banter. Fuck em. Couldn't take the slagging when they were giving it large.

#Kerry4Sam

Comment

Did anyone ever think Dub's were banterful?
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Top of the league when it comes to banter, us dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                      Woah, 3.9km swim after 18 months. Thanks for setting me a goal!! haha

I have gone around 5 times this week and can barely do half of the length due to lack of breathing so it's good to hear from others who were there recently. Did you go to private swimming lessons or what did you do? Impressive post there tbh
                      TBH once the breathing clicks and your technique is somewhat efficient you can do lengths all day. Stick at it and it will eventually click .

I had amateur coaching / mentoring / bullying from my brother who had completed a couple of triathlons. Signed up for the Swim A Mile programme which helped a lot and read a lot online (Swimsmooth very good). Would definitely recommend you get one on one lessons as it is so much easier to cut out bad habits now.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        Anyone here read the leaked parts of the David Drumm statement?

Former Anglo CEO David Drumm in 2008 This just in. David Drumm’s statement to the Banking Inquiry (or at least seven pages of it, more may follow although this batch apparently contains the &…

Probably a good thing he didn't give evidence. He would have destroyed the committee and made the Ahern / Cowen swatting of it aside look amateurish.
                        Read it last week. And then went back and listened to every single one of the Anglo tapes.

There are gaping chasms between elements of the written statement and of his private conversations on matters in the Anglo tapes.

Think that the pinch of salt needed to be taken with the statement might be too big to be worthwhile.

If he came back and faced the music first, and so wouldn't have to attempt to cover his ass, a statement after then might have some more weight. As is, it's extremely difficult to pick out what might be true unfortunately.

Comment

If you were living in Malta you could be basking in 38 degrees right now on the beach, enjoying the international plumage on display and sipping on a cold beverage of your choice as you wonder how everything just suddenly went so right for you.

but you're not. Instead you're stuck in a dreary 15 degrees with clouds and wind and rain and grey everywhere. The only plumage you're likely to find is through your browser, and that all gets tired after a while.

On the plus side, it's a perfect day to spend strategising for your Fantasy Football season. With the current raiser completed yesterday and Messrs Hazard, Fabregas & Costa falling flat on their face it might be time to be a bit creative in your thinking.

Of course if you don't sign up to the Fantasy Football league on IPB you have another 10 months of dreariness to look forward to without anything to distract you from it.

I think you deserve better than that, do yourself a favour and click on the link in my signature and say YES to excitement instead of boredom.

On a cold Tuesday night in November you'll wish you were looking forward to seeing Stoke get thumped!

Only 5 days left!!!!
                          Last edited by Iago; 03-08-15, 09:16.
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Read it last week. And then went back and listened to every single one of the Anglo tapes.

There are gaping chasms between elements of the written statement and of his private conversations on matters in the Anglo tapes.

Think that the pinch of salt needed to be taken with the statement might be too big to be worthwhile.

If he came back and faced the music first, and so wouldn't have to attempt to cover his ass, a statement after then might have some more weight. As is, it's extremely difficult to pick out what might be true unfortunately.
                            I agree with your sentiment regarding Drumm in that he's the definition of an unreliable narrator, but my point was more that the committee would not have had the wherewithal to pin him down and pick him apart and an appearance would only have served to throw a process that has been interesting up until now into disrepute.
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              I agree with your sentiment regarding Drumm in that he's the definition of an unreliable narrator, but my point was more that the committee would not have had the wherewithal to pin him down and pick him apart and an appearance would only have served to throw a process that has been interesting up until now into disrepute.
                              Meh, I'd rather see him asset-stripped and thrown in the clink rather than parade him in front of a meaningless political sideshow. The Banking Inquiry is a bad joke (just read Regling instead).
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Saw a part time job listed a few days ago for grave maintenance. Kicking myself now I didn't snap contact them, ad seems to be gone now. Would certainly be a talking point for an auld cv for a bit of thanks whoring on the fb. Now works as 'Grave Digger'.
                                If your a gravedigger then you can't be a full time mad bastard m8.

Comment

Ugh forgot how sh1t working on a Bank Holiday was. Cunce!

Watched that Glasnevin doc which was recommended in here, was class tbf so hat tip to whoever mentioned it.

Kind of want to do that tour now, anyone done it? May go to the Botanic Gardens while I'm there, worth a look?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Watched that Glasnevin doc which was recommended in here, was class tbf so hat tip to whoever mentioned it.

Kind of want to do that tour now, anyone done it? May go to the Botanic Gardens while I'm there, worth a look?
                                    Pop into Lottie for T m8

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                      If your a gravedigger then you can't be a full time mad bastard m8.
                                      You get great pints though

Comment

botanic gardens is a grand aul spot when it's sunny, few squirrels bitta grass

Comment

What's the best way to get rid of old couches? I'm getting rid of a 3 and 2 seater fabric couch, in decent condition, except that the 2 seater has a sag on one side. They are too big to get out of the apartment as is and without ruining them I have no idea how to take apart and put back together again, and I have no way of transporting them myself either. Is there anywhere that will come and take them away without charging a silly price? About €70 is the best I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Meh, I'd rather see him asset-stripped and thrown in the clink rather than parade him in front of a meaningless political sideshow. The Banking Inquiry is a bad joke (just read Regling instead).
                                            I think its value will be as an illustrative historical resource. The structure of it mitigates against it producing a fully authoritative analysis but the value is in pulling all the key players in to provide public testimony. Contributions that can be archived / accessed for the duration of the state.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

You could put them up on one of those freebie pages on Facebook , I got rid of two couches this way last year. Everyone wins, you get rid of them for nothing and someone gets a free couch!

Ah, just realised the bit about them being to big, scratch that so.
                                              Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 03-08-15, 11:43.

Comment

The Tour is very good,... They have done a grand job on the museum/visitor centre.Coffee shop there too for a bit of lunch afterwards. Lots to see in the museum. Followed up by a few pints in the Gravediggers afterwards is a grand way to spend an afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  What's the best way to get rid of old couches? I'm getting rid of a 3 and 2 seater fabric couch, in decent condition, except that the 2 seater has a sag on one side. They are too big to get out of the apartment as is and without ruining them I have no idea how to take apart and put back together again, and I have no way of transporting them myself either. Is there anywhere that will come and take them away without charging a silly price? About €70 is the best I've seen so far.
                                                  Throw them up as a freebie on adverts (there's a section). Within 10 minutes you'll have a pile of cunce wanting to collect, even if they are big, cunce with vans n all. Also jumbletown.ie, same deal.

Don't spend 70 quid on hetting rid of them, you could buy a decent train set, a conductors hat and a pint for me with that kind of wedge.

Comment

€500 for digging a grave. Lucrative business.
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

For 500 I'll kill them and fill the hole back in too.

Comment

That's pretty cheap m8

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                          The Tour is very good,... They have done a grand job on the museum/visitor centre.Coffee shop there too for a bit of lunch afterwards. Lots to see in the museum. Followed up by a few pints in the Gravediggers afterwards is a grand way to spend an afternoon.
                                                          Heard of this before but never knew where it was. Just took a spin up just there after reading this!.

Comment

Throw them up as a freebie on adverts (there's a section). Within 10 minutes you'll have a pile of cunce wanting to collect, even if they are big, cunce with vans n all. Also jumbletown.ie, same deal.

Don't spend 70 quid on hetting rid of them, you could buy a decent train set, a conductors hat and a pint for me with that kind of wedge.
                                                            I'll look into that, thanks. I don't generally like dealing with a pile of cunce though.

Comment

I'll look into that, thanks. I don't generally like dealing with a pile of cunce though.
                                                              People that want stuff for free are generally the worst type of cunce as well.

Comment

you can donate it to st vincent de paul and they will come around and collect as opposed to having randomers calling over and casing your house for what else is not a freebie

Comment

Make a fort out of it obv. You're married now, you don't need to impress anyone.

Comment

job done
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is England 90.

Trailer for Shane Meadows' 3rd TV spinoff from the 2006 movie This Is England. 4 episodes to be aired in september 2015, on Channel 4 (UK).

Opr

Comment

That's pretty cheap m8
                                                                        Putting you out of business m8

Headed to Prague in a couple of weeks, hit up the bank for cash (will probably need to give them notice?) or withdraw from an atm over there? Which is best?
                                                                        Wot say you bbv?

Comment

You might end up in a grave yourself m8

Comment

You might end up in a grave yourself m8
                                                                            Is that a threat m8

Comment

Is that a threat m8
                                                                              I'm saying nothing m8

Comment

I see riggs still can't shift that Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo, 1987: Rovers last ever game at Milltown match programme
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

When you're stuck in a day that's gray, and lonely...Just stick out your chin, and grin,and say...everything looks sexier in red.Based upon Marvel Comics’ mo...
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

How are Liverpool going to line up this year?

Comment

I see riggs still can't shift that Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo, 1987: Rovers last ever game at Milltown match programme
                                                                                      Didn't lay my hands on it actually.

Think chad is threatening me.

Comment

How are Liverpool going to line up this year?
                                                                                        I'd imagine
                                                                                        ----------- Mignolet
                                                                                        Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
                                                                                        ----------- Lucas
                                                                                        Milner-Henderson-Firmino(or lallana)-Coutinho
                                                                                        ----------- Benteke

For the first few games at least.
                                                                                        Ings, Lallana, Lovren the people pushing for places
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone wanna take Stoke Vs Swans for 50? I want swan's.

Comment

Wot say you bbv?
                                                                                            atm over there, but withdraw a decent amount out of it, not repeated trips for ~€50 at a time.

Comment

booked

Comment

I'd imagine
                                                                                                ----------- Mignolet
                                                                                                Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
                                                                                                ----------- Lucas
                                                                                                Milner-Henderson-Firmino(or lallana)-Coutinho
                                                                                                ----------- Benteke

For the first few games at least.
                                                                                                Ings, Lallana, Lovren the people pushing for places
                                                                                                Ibe pushing for a place imo
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Ibe pushing for a place imo
                                                                                                  Yeah was reading that myself, just can't see him starting many games with that midfield being there. He'll come on from the bench in most games I'd imagine but that's just shite for fantasy
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Benteke, Ings, Origi, Balotelli, Borini...

Can moving into midfield. Ibe pushing for a place.

Comment

Yeah was reading that myself, just can't see him starting many games with that midfield being there. He'll come on from the bench in most games I'd imagine but that's just shite for fantasy
                                                                                                      Allegedly first game will be:

--------Mignolet------
                                                                                                      Clyne--Skrtel-- Sakho--Gomez
                                                                                                      -------Henderson--Milner------
                                                                                                      Ibe-----Lallana----Coutinho----
                                                                                                      -----------Benteke---------------

Lallana/Coutinho might swap around though.

Comment

--------Mignolet------

Where do Ings and Origi fit in? Will Can be a midfielder?

Comment

--------Mignolet------

I kind of thought Lucas might get pushed out tbh, but did not expect Gomez to be starting over Moreno. Should be very interesting to see!
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Millner isn't starting as CM. I think regular game time (and just as importantly in the CM) is why he wanted to leave city.

Comment

Post reminded me of a great piece I read a while back on Swansea's current preparation for the coming season which I thought a few here would find interesting.

At Swansea City, Garry Monk has fully embraced high-tech as he prepares for the new season, with fitness, fartleks and 40 winks all under the microscope

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                Enlighten us all with some stories of your cycling days, how you got into it etc?
                                                                                                                Meant to reply to this earlier. No real story, a local club was set up by some lads so a few of us joined up for the summer to see what it was like. I got a bad football injury at the start of the next season which scuppered any chance of going further so stuck with the cycling for a while.

Eventually raced for 3 seasons - U16 & 2 x Junior (U18). I did the Junior Tour both years which was an 8 day stage race around Ireland & pretty tough with more internationals coming in from abroad to do it. The first year was pretty cool as it went from Dublin up around the North/Donegal/Sligo but one of the lads on our team of 4 was Jim Mitchell's (TDs) son & Jim drove the car around behind the peloton for the week with all the gear so it was a good insight into the life of a TD when we'd be out for grub etc in the evenings as he would have been pretty well known so we were treated like rockstars (or so it felt).

The second year I was in college up in Dundalk so training for the JT only really got going after exams but i trained full-time for that summer but was beginning to lose interest as tbh I was never going to be competing at the very top. Unfortunately, that winter I took the stupid option of just stopping dead which i really regret, and never got back into it as the following summer was USA, World Cup, beer & women. My racing weight was 10.5st, if you sawed me in half now i'd struggle to hit that

Keep up your own good work.

Comment

I kind of thought Lucas might get pushed out tbh, but did not expect Gomez to be starting over Moreno. Should be very interesting to see!
                                                                                                                  Lucas going to be in for the first few games I reckon, Can expected to ease in after a short preseason because of the under 21s. Gomez looks a likely starter for the Stoke game which I would have been amazed with a few weeks ago but he's been super in preseason and all for £3million. We'll see how he can cut it in the prem but the lad isn't short on confidence.

Comment

If Mario stays at Liverpool this transfer window, what odds a Rodgers vs Mario last longest? Be a laff.

Comment

If Mario stays at Liverpool this transfer window, what odds a Rodgers vs Mario last longest? Be a laff.
                                                                                                                      I'll take rodgers
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Dr. Dre dropping his first new record in 16 years this Friday.

This has the potential for much intrigue & drama.

I can't wait to hear what it sounds like but i'm not hugely optimistic.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 03-08-15, 21:12.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X