This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
    Haven't posted in over two weeks as I have been in the states. I'm heading home tomorrow so relaxing tonight.

I'd like quick thoughts on the following incident at home.

My GFs mother was walking there 3 month old Yorkie poo on the beach on a lead! The puppy got set on by 7 dogs who were brought to the beach by there owner! The puppy obviously died.

The gardai were called and the man ( from a rough area of Cork) agreed to get the dogs put down and pay £300.

The GF does not want the dogs put down as you can't blame 7 dogs for a terrible owner. Is a conviction possible ?

We are a bit removed from the situation until we get home Friday but if any one has suggestions on how they think it should be handled if like to hear.
    Im sorry to hear about your gfs pup but putting down dogs that have been involved in violent attacks is not unusual. What breed were they? If you're talking about restricted ones like staffies etc then even more so.

Regardless of your gf's personal feelings, the dogs in question have demonstrated aggressive tendencies. What if they attack a child next?

A conviction might be difficult imo, I'm not sure on what grounds you could prosecute. Certainly a civil case via small claims court might work.

I say all this as a dog lover myself.
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
      fcuking cat just went into labour gonna be a long fucking night
      Is she standing in the next election? At least she didn't go into Fine Gael.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        What exactly makes it the owners fault. As that would decide if he could be convicted on something to do with the attack.

For example, if he was purposely breeding/training them to fight - he's probably broken the law, he's responsible for the attack and could be convicted I would imagine.
        On the other hand, dogs do occasionally fight, the owner can't always prevent it. Not saying that was the case here, I just mean in a general sense.

What breeds were the other dogs? I assume it wasn't against the law to have dogs off of a lease on the beach in general. But certain breeds must be kept on a lead and muzzled at all times. The usual suspects, pit bulls, pull terriers, staffs, Dobermann, German shepherd, ridgeback, Rottweiler, akita.

Other than that there's fines for not having a dog license and stuff like that.
        I like the dog license fine. I'm clueless on some of the things I heard lurcher/greyhound type dogs. We can't really prove that he is breeding them for fighting.

As to what makes it the owners fault. I guess as far as I'm concerned not having them on a lead if they are any little bit violent is a must.

We had a German Shepherd who would not harm a human but was aggressive towards dogs so we basically only ever went to a beach no one used and if there happened to be anyone there he stayed on a lead.

Realistically the Gardai won't want the hassle of a conviction even if it was possible. Who even agrees to letting their dogs be put down so easy? I know if it was my dog who somehow did it is protect him to the last!

I sort of suspect he is dodgy as there is not many late 20s men with 7 dogs.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Surprised to hear they were greyhounds tbh. I doubt he is breeding them for fighting. Possibly coursing/lurching. Not strange for somebody to have 7 in that was the case, but strange to agree to getting rid of them all imo.
          AKAIK, he is allow to let them off the lead on the beach. Most likely he'd argue that they were never aggressive to other dogs before, and bring up the fact the the pup was about the same size as a hare.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Take the money, have the dogs put down. Why would you ever contemplate getting in to a feud with someone from a dodgy area by bringing to court? If the dogs have killed a puppy they could kill a kid. Maybe with the exception of it not being intentional aggression on part of the dogs.
                Agreed, would only help fight for saving the dogs if the owner also wanted the dogs saved.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                  Not sure what kind of car SP drives, the display looks like a Peugeot or a Citroen. Their outside temperature sensor is mounted under the offside mirror. It measures the ambient air temperature but it can be affected by reflections from the road and car itself and generally works better when the car is constantly moving.
                  I notice he has his trip computer set in miles too, keeping it oldschool
                  Citroen C5 ldo. The soft suspension is good for SP's back.

Comment

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Leaving drinks in work today, finish on Friday, interview for the same job in 2 weeks...oh the ridiculousness of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                        Not sure what kind of car SP drives, the display looks like a Peugeot or a Citroen. Their outside temperature sensor is mounted under the offside mirror. It measures the ambient air temperature but it can be affected by reflections from the road and car itself and generally works better when the car is constantly moving.
                        I notice he has his trip computer set in miles too, keeping it oldschool
                        It went up to 33 on the Motorway near Athlone yesterday.

Is it possible to change the trip computer to Km and Km per Litre?

I've never found a way to do it, I thought it was a bug in the software that it wouldn't let me.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I haven't had a drink since Dec 30th of last Year. At what stage do I become a Non drinker as opposed to somebody who is off the Drink?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                            I haven't had a drink since Dec 30th of last Year. At what stage do I become a Non drinker as opposed to somebody who is off the Drink?
                            1st February imo

Comment

Get through a family wedding without having a pint.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                Get through a family wedding without having a pint.
                                Was in Spain at a mates wedding for a week at the start of June and stayed dry. Does that count?

Comment

Interesting question.
                                  I think a point arises when you realise that instead of it being something you are just not doing at the moment it becomes something that you would rather not do again.

Comment

I read that as 'Motorcyclist saves cop' and i was waiting for some sort of altercation!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Interesting question.
                                      I think a point arises when you realise that instead of it being something you are just not doing at the moment it becomes something that you would rather not do again.
                                      Interesting way of looking at it.

I currently am trying to not drink. Not for any other reason than I dislike the hungover feeling, I get hungover on any amount of alcohol really and tbh would just prefer not to drink.

The above vigorously wrestled with the fact that good stuff happens when drinking and my utterly utterly rubber elbow when it comes to going out with the lads.

Balancing act imo.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Was in Spain at a mates wedding for a week at the start of June and stayed dry. Does that count?
                                        Fair play, not easy to do. Any particular reason you gave it up? Is it for a set amount of time or just indefinitely?

Comment

Yeah very difficult at a wedding tbf. Any reason in particular why you are giving up?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                            Fair play, not easy to do. Any particular reason you gave it up? Is it for a set amount of time or just indefinitely?
                                            2010 and 2011 I'd say I easily drank 300+/365 days. Just boredom sitting around the house on my own so I'd head to the local for 4 or 5 midweek and then have a normal weekend.

Last Year I regulated it and said on 1st Jan that I'd allow myself 50 days of drinking throughout the Year. It worked well If I had something on where I would be drinking for a 3 or 4 days I'd have to save the days from the following weeks so I was having long periods without it so it balanced out. (Essentially I was just drinking like a regular person)

This Year I thought I'd do the same but with 20 days but at this stage I am just don't have the inclination to have a jar . I don't think I'll never drink again but my attitude to drinking has just changed dramatically.

I can still go out and have a good night without it. I find other people have more trouble dealing with me not drinking than I do. Most people assume I cant drink for medical reasons.

Comment

2010 and 2011 I'd say I easily drank 300+/365 days. Just boredom sitting around the house on my own so I'd head to the local for 4 or 5 midweek and then have a normal weekend.

Last Year I regulated it and said on 1st Jan that I'd allow myself 50 days of drinking throughout the Year. It worked well If I had something on where I would be drinking for a 3 or 4 days I'd have to save the days from the following weeks so I was having long periods without it so it balanced out. (Essentially I was just drinking like a regular person)

This Year I thought I'd do the same but with 20 days but at this stage I am just don't have the inclination to have a jar . I don't think I'll never drink again but my attitude to drinking has just changed dramatically.

I can still go out and have a good night without it. I find other people have more trouble dealing with me not drinking than I do. Most people assume I cant drink for medical reasons.
                                              I'd say I've drank 10 days out of the last 5 years, although I have drank twice in last 2 weeks. Does that make me a casual drinker

Comment

I never drank for a few years between like 18 and 21, it was just because of training and the bolded is exactly my experience too. Once your mates get over the initial shock it's fine.

Comment

I know I make a load of paleolol jokes but two weeks ago I gave up chips/chrisps/bread/pasta.

Not giving up dairy though.
                                                  Last edited by Zod; 10-07-13, 10:24.

Comment

I don't think I'll never drink again but my attitude to drinking has just changed dramatically.
                                                    I'd still think just like that after it must be nearly 25 years but still any time I even consider it my attitude has changed so much that I find it just about a wholly negative prospect.

I find other people have more trouble dealing with me not drinking than I do. Most people assume I cant drink for medical reasons.
                                                    That's the weirdest thing and it still goes on for me. There were a lot of people I knew who were completely unable to handle the concept of me not drinking without having been a raging alcoholic or whatever. In the main they turned out over the years to be people who were not really in control of their own drinking.

Comment

I think they should get rid of drinkaware and replace it with tours/footage of town on a fri/sat night.

Comment

Youth Defence investigation by Hot Press from 20 years ago, republished.

Mick McCaughan's 1992 report from inside the controversial organisation, originally published in Hot Press Vol 16 No 22, it's republished for the first time ...

Mick Haughey has the solution for difficult occasions like the UCD debate. "You just go up to the abortionists, and say listen, when your mother gave birth, she had a huge shite - the baby died and the shite lived."

Tom is studying the latest Trinity College Student guide book, which contains information on safe sex. Tom is disturbed by the information in the guide. "It's disgusting," he says, as the guide is passed around the car. "It's promoting homosexuality."

"Shouldn't be allowed," says Mick Haughey, blaming 'that fag Norris'. "Queers should all be shoved off the side of a cliff."

"It's a perversion of nature," says Esme, who comes across as a liberal in this company. Talk turns to sex. "The hare Krishnas have the right attitude to sex," says Tom. "They sleep with each other only for procreation purposes, then they sleep apart other times. It helps control the urges."

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          Yeah very difficult at a wedding tbf.
                                                          IMO there is nothing that will turn you off drink more than a traditional Irish wedding.

Comment

I'd still think just like that after it must be nearly 25 years but still any time I even consider it my attitude has changed so much that I find it just about a wholly negative prospect.
                                                            I don't know how I coped with the hangovers before. I get majorly down for a few days after each session of booze. I just see it all as a downside now whereas before I lived for a few pints and didnt really mind the hangovers.

That's the weirdest thing and it still goes on for me. There were a lot of people I knew who were completely unable to handle the concept of me not drinking without having been a raging alcoholic or whatever. In the main they turned out over the years to be people who were not really in control of their own drinking.
                                                            There have been a few times that I actually felt rude turning down a drink. I am sure its just the Irish mindset of our social lives centering around drink but People can make you feel bad when you don't have a Pint with them to celebrate their occasions.The amount of times I have heard "Sure would you not have one and see how you get on" over the last 6 1/2 Months is ridiculous.

Comment

IMO there is nothing that will turn you off drink more than a traditional Irish wedding.
                                                              Plenty of situations which display the worse sides of alcohol, sadly those occasions are often the most popular for excessive drinking.

Comment

I have 2-3 bottles of beer or a glass or two or vino at least 5 days a week..Only go above this about 5 times a year though!

Comment

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Strewelpeter;722763]It went up to 33 on the Motorway near Athlone yesterday.

Is it possible to change the trip computer to Km and Km per Litre?

I've never found a way to do it, I thought it was a bug in the software that it wouldn't let me.

Yes you can, if it's a Peugeot it's usually with the menu buttons on the radio. Press and hold the menu button iirc then scroll through, you should have 3 choices between MPG, KPG or LP100KM

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        I think they should get rid of drinkaware and replace it with tours/footage of town on a fri/sat night.
                                                                        or this..... nsfw

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                          fcuking cat just went into labour gonna be a long fucking night
                                                                          thought this was gonna go tits up when the first kitten came out stone dead, thank fuck the other 4 came out healthy dont think the missus would of been able handle it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            I know I make a load of paleolol jokes but two weeks ago I gave up chips/chrisps/bread/pasta.

Not giving up dairy though.
                                                                            I'm having great fun/a nightmare with this.
                                                                            I keep trying to introduce it into the Parrot household but Polly parrot keeps diverting to
                                                                            Rice=Healthy
                                                                            Pasta=Healthy
                                                                            Brown Bread=Healthy
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

How much would someone like this have to pay in costs for their failed bid to sue Coppers? (they have to pay costs of Coppers too):

Would it be maybe €50k?

(can just imagine her sinking feeling when that other person lost the Coppers case two weeks ago)
                                                                              lol "Ciara O'Connell (33), a sales representative, was dancing backwards to a Shakira song with a male work colleague when the incident happened at the Harcourt Street venue in 2006."

Grindin up on him I know someone who sued coppers and I think the place settled altho they had a proper case unlike those two muppets. I imagine Coppers costs would push it towards 50k

Comment

Neighbours about 200 M away have gone off on holiday and left their cat behind. Apparently someone is coming over to their house and feeding it while they are away, that hasn't stopped the fecker actually moving into our house for the duration
                                                                                Its a huge overfed yoke, not sure but I think its a Tom. It comes in any open window, demands food, wants to rub up against you and then sneaks off onto any bed or sofa it can find to sleep. Sick life!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  I keep trying to introduce it into the Parrot household but Polly parrot keeps diverting to
                                                                                  Rice=Healthy
                                                                                  Pasta=Healthy
                                                                                  Brown Bread=Healthy
                                                                                  I'm allowing myself a little rice now and again. Found I've more energy about me in the evenings. Not even weighed myself in years, so no idea if any change there.

Also, next time she questions your dietary habit ask her if she even lifts. This wins all arguments ever.
                                                                                  Last edited by Zod; 10-07-13, 11:39.

Comment

I reckon I'm drinking Mega's share of alcohol due to the fantastic deals of diceys . We really need to get a MJH night going, the man was on fire last night!! (not literally but if we paid him enough he would)
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How much would someone like this have to pay in costs for their failed bid to sue Coppers? (they have to pay costs of Coppers too):

Would it be maybe €50k?

(can just imagine her sinking feeling when that other person lost the Coppers case two weeks ago)
                                                                                      Would it be no win no fee?

Comment

Still has to pay other sides costs.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                            I reckon I'm drinking Mega's share of alcohol due to the fantastic deals of diceys . We really need to get a MJH night going, the man was on fire last night!! (not literally but if we paid him enough he would)
                                                                                            You boasted about drink driving before, right? If so, your opinion is invalid.

Comment

...

Comment

good sweat ongoing:

I had a couple of interviews over the last two weeks for a job that ticks pretty much all my boxes. After the second one last week, the recruiter rang me and said 'congrats, you've got the job and they're giving you the top end of your salary range'. Excellent says I and, on the strength of this, I turn down one solid offer and one other final interview that I was confident of getting an offer out of. Recruiter rings me back the next day then and says, 'btw, you still need to do one more interview but it's a pure formality - don't worry about it'.
                                                                                                Have been waiting for this for a week now, finally got the call to do it when on the beach this morning - 'eh, this mightn't be such a formality - he's the managing director'

Just off the phone to this MD (based in NY), officially using my One Time for the year here. If not, I will be using it for my murder trial of the recruiter.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

onto more important matters; Australia starting well at Trent Bridge, par would look to be 380-ish so a long way to go for England. Need Trott to bat all day.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone got Cliffs on this ?

"Having Played Day 1c and not being allowed to play Day 2b Jason Tompkins will be upset to hear that he has been blinded down to 4K as there is a chip count listed for him at the end of Day 2 report?"

From this report

Comment

"Having Played Day 1c and not being allowed to play Day 2b Jason Tompkins will be upset to hear that he has been blinded down to 4K as there is a chip count listed for him at the end of Day 2 report?"

From this report
                                                                                                      Saw this exchange on FB earlier

Cahal Heapes
                                                                                                      Jason Tompkins you are listed on wsop.com report as having bagged 4K in Day 2b, I thought you played Day 1c?

@Sluglife87 Marc MacDonnell goes on charge to finish Day 2b on 230K - WSOP 2013 ME | Pokerpalz -...

Pokerpalz - Free Online Social Community for Poker Players
                                                                                                      Like · · Share · 3 hours ago ·

Dara O'Kearney Thats definitely a mistake. Jason back tomorrow with 41k
                                                                                                      3 hours ago · Like · 2

Dara O'Kearney Some mistakes in those counts too based on what John told us at end of play and himself and Eoghan tweeted
                                                                                                      3 hours ago · Like

Cahal Heapes Cheers Dara, makes sense, hope they didn't open his bag for him and blind him back to 4k!
                                                                                                      3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Cahal Heapes Happy to amend based on first hand information, pm, dm, text, tweets all acceptable
                                                                                                      3 hours ago via mobile · Like

Dara O'Kearney They all look right except John and Eoghan who tweeted in last hour. John also tweeted there's an 8th Irish survivor from today, don't know who that is. Michael O'Dwyer (who I knew by sight) introduced himself to me at start of day and was still in, but short
                                                                                                      3 hours ago · Like

Cahal Heapes Ok thanks, btw, we got the numbers from the end of day reports and not from the updates in running which are way behond the times...
                                                                                                      2 hours ago via mobile · Like

Cahal Heapes Looks like they left out the 1 before the 21k I reportes Eoghan Dea on which makes him much healthier!

Cahal Heapes And just saw John's tweet, thanks Dara

Comment

From this report
                                                                                                        Apologies for any confusion, was being facetious as knew Jason wasn't playing Day 2a/b having played Day 1c, backfired I guess...
                                                                                                        sigpic

PokerPalz available for free download from App Store and Google Play with live geo-located listings for cash games and tournaments from across the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          good sweat ongoing:

I had a couple of interviews over the last two weeks for a job that ticks pretty much all my boxes. After the second one last week, the recruiter rang me and said 'congrats, you've got the job and they're giving you the top end of your salary range'. Excellent says I and, on the strength of this, I turn down one solid offer and one other final interview that I was confident of getting an offer out of. Recruiter rings me back the next day then and says, 'btw, you still need to do one more interview but it's a pure formality - don't worry about it'.
                                                                                                          Have been waiting for this for a week now, finally got the call to do it when on the beach this morning - 'eh, this mightn't be such a formality - he's the managing director'

Just off the phone to this MD (based in NY), officially using my One Time for the year here. If not, I will be using it for my murder trial of the recruiter.
                                                                                                          AIPF. You're holding AA v 77. Flop is AT9. People start congratulating you. Turn is a 6. A slight shiver goes down your spine. HOLD you silently shout.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Are ye well?
                                                                                                            Yizzar lookin' well.

Didn't even realise the IPB game is this weekend, who is in charge of promotions?
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Satnav but she's done an awful Shite job
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Neighbours about 200 M away have gone off on holiday and left their cat behind. Apparently someone is coming over to their house and feeding it while they are away, that hasn't stopped the fecker actually moving into our house for the duration
                                                                                                                Its a huge overfed yoke, not sure but I think its a Tom. It comes in any open window, demands food, wants to rub up against you and then sneaks off onto any bed or sofa it can find to sleep. Sick life!
                                                                                                                SP's adopted cat's diary.

The diary of sad cats everywhere :(Tweet This :: http://bit.ly/1a8AnDP (you can add text !)Post To FB :: http://on.fb.me/19wNCLyMusic : http://bit.ly/1479bzw...

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                  Are ye well?
                                                                                                                  Yizzar lookin' well.

Didn't even realise the IPB game is this weekend, who is in charge of promotions?
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  Satnav but she's done an awful Shite job
                                                                                                                  Game moved to Waterford, Ireland's oldest city, now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Rice=Healthy
                                                                                                                    Pasta=Healthy
                                                                                                                    Brown Bread=Healthy
                                                                                                                    She's correct.

Comment

Any of those tv streaming sites streaming TMS?

Comment

If you can't trust a pyramid then what can you trust?

Comment

Time for Mickey d to step up, quite literally in his case, and call a national holiday.that includes closing airport
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X