This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
    what time is the ball in the air in the morning emmet?
    9:30am my Angry Angry friend

Comment

on tom dunne show on news talk at 10.30 to promote outbreak
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
        on tom dunne show on news talk at 10.30 to promote outbreak
        Why the thumbs down?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          9:30am my Angry Angry friend
          ahh good, its not the early match
          who is playing before that? might get up for it if it is going to be a good one

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Sonny Bill Williams is a joker.

That was outrageous

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              Where to they find all the planes with windows clean enough to get a good photo from
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Why the thumbs down?
                if you pronounce thumb down in a SA accent it sounds like Tom Dunne.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Where to they find all the planes with windows clean enough to get a good photo from
                  Aer Lingus apparently.

Comment

Sonny Bill Williams is a joker.

That was outrageous
                    They really have to stick him in somewhere, one of the best players at this WC

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                      They really have to stick him in somewhere, one of the best players at this WC
                      New Zealand have
                      2 scrum halfs
                      1 out half
                      4 centres

as their back line right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Why the thumbs down?
                        reverse psychology in action
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Japanese scrumhalf looks like an excellent player. Whips a pass out

Comment

The NZ HC has moved to -72 in play. I still think that there's value there!!
                            never in doubt
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              never in doubt
                              Slade missing about 10 points and handing the Blossoms 7 wasn't too helpful for the HC though!

Comment

Why have i let myself be talked into getting collected tomorrow morning at 8am to go out and watch Ireland ? Its only a group match, if it was a semi or even a final i would say something.

I predict bed by lunch time tomorrow !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I love Japan's attitude. They never give up and play attacking rugby all the time.

Comment

Spoke very well Zuroph, WP
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                      Why have i let myself be talked into getting collected tomorrow morning at 8am to go out and watch Ireland ?
                                      because they're not going to make the final stages so you may as well

Comment

Originally posted by Rasher View Post
                                        I love Japan's attitude. They never give up and play attacking rugby all the time.
                                        absolutely, they weren't bad. That'll be tough to qualify considering the scoreline, but they looked pretty ambitious with the ball and weren't afraid to try things.

Last time they played NZ it was 84-3 at half time.

Comment

I just ate one of the pears off my pear tree, it felt good till i bit into it, it was so hard
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                            I just ate one of the pears off my pear tree, it felt good till i bit into it, it was so hard

Comment

dont get it
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

dont get it
                                                Me neither, spit it out Mr.Barrett.

Comment

dont get it
                                                  Your post had a hint of a double entendre about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

in your endo

Comment

@Kayroo: Put this together a couple of days ago, sorry I wasn't online all day yesterday as promised, had an emergency and wasn't near a computer till late last night.

Warning, detailed and probably boring post about the backs vs forwards mini-game on Sunday:

SPOILER
                                                      1. Tom Sullivan - Diarmuid Connolly

Tom Sullivan is the master of looking like he's passed it until it really matters. I've heard a quote about him before something to the effect of "the closer it gets to the All Ireland Final, the closer Tom Sullivan gets to his man".

Diarmuid Connolly on the form he showed against Tyrone will give Sullivan plenty of it, but if he's anywhere but at his absolute best Tom will chew him up and spit him out IMO. A very interesting matchup, because it's almost a microcosm for the game as a whole - the past master versus the new kid on the block - and which of these two players looks sharper and hungrier in the first ten minutes will tell us a lot about the two teams as a whole IMO.

2. Marc O'Sé - Bernard Brogan

Flip a coin. The classiest back Kerry have possibly ever produced against Dublin's undoubted number one forward. Marc has owned Bernard in the past, but Bernard has gotten the better of Marc as well.

An issue for Dublin is that I don't think they've gotten the best out of BB this year so far. He has a reasonable tally of 23 points so far this year, but of those 13 have been frees, and in games where it's been in the balance (Kildare, Wexford, Donegal) he's only managed three points from play, with two of those coming against Wexford.

Of course, a chunk of the frees he's converted he would have been fouled for himself, but there's no question his form has dipped a lot from last year, and I'd question whether Dublin's system this year has gotten the best from him.

That said, Brogan's best day this year came against a Tyrone team playing a similar defensive style to what I'd expect Kerry to employ, when he was marked by one of the McMahon brothers who - similar to Marc - are not the world's tightest markers .

3. Killian Young - Alan Brogan

Alan Brogan has been pretty good this year, but I think he's been pumped up a bit in the media by virtue of the fact that he's been the best of what has been - besides the Tyrone game - a bad bunch in the Dublin forwards this year, particularly against Wexford, where they would have lost without him.

Interestingly, Killian Young is against the grain in the Kerry backline, in that he is by far the youngest of them. In a backs vs. forwards line where most of the Dublin forwards will hope to be faster, fitter and stronger than their marker, this trend will be reversed in the case of Young vs. Brogan, where it's Young I expect to have the best side of the physical battle.

Young, again, is not a tight marker, but this should be offset by the fact that Alan is not the most clinical. If Alan goes deep looking for ball, he'll have to be very mindful of where his man is, as Young is great at getting forward and will relish throwing off the shackles of corner back, where he has been stuck all year.

4. Tomás O'Sé - Bryan Cullen

This is the biggest mismatch in this backs vs. forwards lineup IMO. Cullen is a decent player, and is certainly a good athlete, but he's coming up against one of the GOAT half backs, who has been close to his best since coming back from his early season red card IMO.

This is a vital matchup for Kerry, because it's one which we can use to disrupt Dublin's game plan in a major way if we win it decisively. As we know, Dublin's half-forward line like to drop deep when the opposition has possession. This has been an effective tactic in stifling opposition forwards, but Dublin have yet to meet a defence as adept at attacking as Kerry's. Tomás, having scored in both the QF and the SF, will be looking to get on the scoresheet from deep early in the final, along with Brosnan, Sheehan and Young (assuming a marauding Alan Brogan) which will force the Dublin blanket to push out, leaving vital space for the Kerry full forward line to exploit.

In any case, I expect Tomás to be too good for Cullen and to have a big impact on the game, I'd suggest he could be worth an interest in the MOTM market.

5. Eoin Brosnan - Barry Cahill

This is one of those matchups where you could see both guys playing well. Assuming they are one another's direct opposition for much of the game I would expect Cahill to do well for Dublin defensively, while Brosnan should be fairly effective at starting attacks from the back.

Cahill does most of his good work for Dublin acting as an auxiliary defender/midfielder, which will be fine by Kerry considering how badly Brosnan was exposed by the attack-minded centre forward play of Kevin McMenamin in the league.

As above with TOS, Brosnan will be very important in disrupting Dublin's gameplan with us needing him to threaten from deep.

If, as expected, Dublin play with men behind the ball when Kerry are in possession, expect to see Brosnan picking up whichever attacker is furthest forward, with Tomás O'Sé operating in the same free role he played to such good effect in the SF against Mayo.

6. Aidan O'Mahony - Paul Flynn

Flynn is probably the one Dublin forward who you could say you'd fully expect to have too much for his opposite number. Mahony has been only ok this year, while Flynn is having his best year ever for Dublin.

You would expect Flynn to be a fair bit more athletic than Mahony, although the latter will be hoping to use his experience to cope with that challenge.

The silver lining for Kerry in this position is that Flynn - despite landing an important goal against Kildare - doesn't have a great scoring rate, having only managed 1-4 so far this year.

Overall, you would expect the shape of the Dublin attack to be something along the lines of Connolly and Bernard Brogan as a two man full forward line, Alan Brogan ranging between midfield and the full forward line, with Cahill dropping deepest of a half forward line that will all tend towards their own backline.

The questions this will pose for Kerry will be whether Marc O'Sé and Tom Sullivan have the athleticism necessary to cope with their two opponents, and how best to offer them some degree of protection.

My gut feeling is that one of the Kerry half backs - most likely Aidan O'Mahony - will be briefed with dropping back in front of Connolly and Brogan to restrict the space they will have, expecting a combination of midfield & forward tracking back as well as the fact that Dublin's half forward line is not super-offensive, to allow them to cope with whoever that leaves loose.

The issue for Dublin is clearly a lack of scoring power up front:

For all the talk about Diarmuid Connolly in the wake of his admittedly excellent performance against Tyrone, he has failed to score in three out of five championship games this year. That's bad, and if he expects an easy day to pick his scores like he did against Laois and Tyrone from Tom Sullivan, he'll be in for a rude awakening on Sunday.

I've mentioned my doubts about Dublin's ability to get proper service to Bernard Brogan already, so I won't repeat that except to reiterate that if he does get the service he will score.

Alan, if he roams out the field as I expect, will be less of a threat than he would be closer to goal, as his long range shooting is woefully inconsistent. Unfortunately for Dublin, they will probably need him to play out the field if they wish to exploit their superior pace in the full forward line.

In the half forwards, Bryan Cullen has scored a point in every game, which is impressive. Paul Flynn has scored 1-4 over three games and Cahill - having only started at centre forward for the QF and SF - has chipped in with a point. That's 1-10 in total from the half forward line I expect to start on Sunday this season, and it doesn't look too bad at that, but consider that Kerry's half forward line that will start on Sunday has 4-26 between them this year, scoring nine points between them against the All Ireland champions in the Munster final.

Dublin's half forward line will need to do better on Sunday IMO.

Comment

Sigh, everyone should be aware of Thats what she said.

How you finish up last night?

Comment

requesting BBV name change to SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS tia.
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

New Danish Prime Minister

She's no Helen Mirren but she's no Mary Harney either

Comment

New Jersey Shore
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Bull, meet red rag

by Jim-Jim Nugent & Pat Gill. UP THE DUBS! FM104.The Strawberry Alarm Clock..

Comment

Comment

Sigh, everyone should be aware of Thats what she said.

How you finish up last night?
                                                                    Less sighing.

2nd

That goddam injun is some luckbox

Comment

Less sighing.

2nd

I'm still loving the instacall with the 10,2 off after my shove. Nice result there sir

Comment

Less sighing.

2nd

nice result all the same.
                                                                        I'm in dire need of some run good in those games

QQ < A5 all in preflop at 150/300
                                                                        77 < A5(again) all in preflop same level (berated by A10 next to me for not flat calling the all in as he would have won)
                                                                        AK chop vs K6o to get me back in the game
                                                                        A9 vs A6 vs AJ in on a 927 flop Jack on the river
                                                                        gone by 200/400
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          nice result all the same.
                                                                          I'm in dire need of some run good in those games

QQ < A5 all in preflop at 150/300
                                                                          77 < A5(again) all in preflop same level (berated by A10 next to me for not flat calling the all in as he would have won)AK chop vs K6o to get me back in the game
                                                                          A9 vs A6 vs AJ in on a 927 flop Jack on the river
                                                                          gone by 200/400
                                                                          ah, classic Molloys!

Comment

ah, classic Molloys!
                                                                            Was going to say the same. I'm pretty sure I know who said that too lol

Comment

if its like the one in Dundrum, it's fucking gorgeous.
                                                                              Same chain afaik, will have to try it sometime so.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                              Eaten in both the Suffolk place and in Dundrum a few times, best burger place in Dublin IMHO, better than Jo Burger by a ways.
                                                                              Cheers, whats a Jo Burger by the way?

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                              this is exceptionally NWS. in fact, it's not even mind safe.

a belated 3000 post special.

SPOILER
                                                                              You be a strange strange dude.

as everyone is freaked out by Zod's pic
                                                                              here is something a little easier on the eyes

NSFW obv

SPOILER

She is incredible well done sir.

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              You lie Deadwood doesn't have a bad episode Really looking forward to Luck the new show from Milch which will premiere in January 2012.

Never heard of suits but going to give it a go as that's a mad high score for what sounds like a fairly formulaic kind of show.

Really looking for to fringe returning.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                              Beg to differ, was very hesitant of this show and put it off for a long time finally got to watching it and really enjoyed Season 1 got to Season 2 and thought it wasn't the best in parts got to the point where I still have the final two episodes to watch but I just can't bring myself to watch them.

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                              Danny, you wanted a trip report.... Went to flannerys for the first time, it was shite. Scored Phil Coulters daughter in coppers but she fooked off so im in the jackpot now. I'll report back later.
                                                                              Awesome man well done, sits in for a little while before going back out on the booze flops middle set against bottom set against top and bottom pair and all the loots goes in on the turn for a pretty hefty pot, please dont tell me you dumped it all off in the Jackpot?

Some good tunes in the SE last night Eoghan singing his heart out did you have it in that hand against Kev?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                Same chain afaik, will have to try it sometime so.

Cheers, whats a Jo Burger by the way?

You be a strange strange dude.

She is incredible well done sir.

Beg to differ, was very hesitant of this show and put it off for a long time finally got to watching it and really enjoyed Season 1 got to Season 2 and thought it wasn't the best in parts got to the point where I still have the final two episodes to watch but I just can't bring myself to watch them.

Awesome man well done, sits in for a little while before going back out on the booze flops middle set against bottom set against top and bottom pair and all the loots goes in on the turn for a pretty hefty pot, please dont tell me you dumped it all off in the Jackpot?

Some good tunes in the SE last night Eoghan singing his heart out did you have it in that hand against Kev?
                                                                                FML in a hoop today on the way to Banna in Kerry for the weekend.

Yeh I did dump most of it back in the JP. 300 BB pot.... I have 6c7c in a raised pot on a 4c 5d 8c flop. All the plots go in on an ace of spades turn and he has 85o and rivers the 8. Sickness.

Yeh I had it against Kev.

Whoever posted that pick of coults daughter yeh that's her, she's gamey as fook I could tell you a few stories but that wouldn't be very gentleman like!!

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                                  Thanks Midnite!

Just after having a few cans to destress over todays mauling on the virtual felt and bought the book after reading a few of his articles. I liked this one http://jaredtendlerpoker.com/wp-cont...-Need-Rest.pdf.

I go on these runs where I play mistake free poker non stop for 4 or 5 days and I feel if I stop now I'll lose all momentum but then boom one silly mistake and 5 hours later Im 8 buyins down from tilt... Basically taking breaks when your playing well is no bad thing.. When you get into that zone where you start to think "wow, if i can keep this up for the rest of the month I'll make X amount of dollars", you should probably take a break.. I know as thats exactly what I was thinking last night and then today went tits up..

How long did it take for the book to arrive by the way?
                                                                                  came from uk so just 2/3 days, maybe take that breather while your waiting

Comment

FML in a hoop today on the way to Banna in Kerry for the weekend.

Yeh I did dump most of it back in the JP. 300 BB pot.... I have 6c7c in a raised pot on a 4c 5d 8c flop. All the plots go in on an ace of spades turn and he has 85o and rivers the 8. Sickness.

Yeh I had it against Kev.

Whoever posted that pick of coults daughter yeh that's her, she's gamey as fook I could tell you a few stories but that wouldn't be very gentleman like!!
                                                                                    You can always PM a few of them stories

Can't believe Glyn didn't jump into the game last night, probably still fuming over getting the salt rubbed into the wounds by that aul dude.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      Can't believe Glyn didn't jump into the game last night, probably still fuming over getting the salt rubbed into the wounds by that aul dude.
                                                                                      I was escorting a lady home

Comment

Give us an example of a story about Mrs. X that is no relation to this dame instead.

Comment

You've changed Raoul...... You used to be cool.

Comment

That dude was pretty big chip leader when I was leaving with 3 players remaining he is lolbad.

Comment

Give us an example of a story about Mrs. X that is no relation to this dame instead.
                                                                                              Well on a totally unrelated note another girl was said to utter this great line.....

Whilst sitting in a field after a night out with a mate of mine her reply to the suggestion of some tomfoolery on the nearby muck patch was this famous line....

"just let me finish this smoke and take off my tights." stay classy.

Comment

Rumours of Pocock being a doubt for Aussies tomorrow. Really really hope its true.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                  Rumours of Pocock being a doubt for Aussies tomorrow. Really really hope its true.
                                                                                                  back strain apparently. Won't know will just before KO.

Would be a big plus for us, but still don't think it'd do much to stem the inevitable unfortunately.

Would be happy with a performance that means we're able to win a QF vs the Boks though. Result not so important in that regard, because Wales have the measure of us better than the Boks have.

Comment

watched this movie last night.
                                                                                                    Bunraku

something between Sin City and Kill Bill.

pretty cool.

Comment

Well, if he's not playing surely it gives us more of a chance. A much bigger chance really.

Surely it means we wont need to overcommit at the breakdown like we would if he was playing. Means we'll actually have the option of getting it wide. I dont think there'd be as much worry of turnovers or giving away silly penalties either. O'Brien will be freer to run with it too.

Also, without him the ball might not come back as quick, we wont have overcommitted so we should have a solid defensive pattern to combat the two boys genius.

I think he's possibly the best player we could have asked for to get injured (I still think he'll play though).
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Why do Rugby teams name their starting line up days before a match?
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Why do Rugby teams name their starting line up days before a match?
                                                                                                          why not?

@Steve, yeah he's one of their most important players in the context that we don't have an active 7 there who's game is spoiling ball. But we'll go from being murdered at the breakdown to achieving parity at the breakdown, and Aus are simply better than us everywhere else on the park too!

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Losing Pocock makes taking -11 less tempting, doesn't make backing Ireland to win anymore tempting though.

Comment

Ah pfft. Get out of that. We are better in the centre. Bod and an admittedly out of form Darce but they've been playing together donkeys years and have a super understanding. The Aussies in McCabe and Faingaa havent got even nearly that game time together. Nothing like it. AND we have BOD.

I'm confident with Sexton in there two. If we can get attacking and Cooper is at full back he'll cave.

I WANT to believe so shut up.

Comment

God I'm so hungry right now! Heading to the Silver Tassie in lovely Loughlinstown for lunch though, a nice carvery to be had. Will certainly be sleepy for the afternoon but should be able to dive out of here fairly early today, given the times we live in!

Started playing Portal 2 last night, seems like an absolutely fantastic game, an improvement (if possible) over its amazing predecessor. I highly recommend it.

Speaking of games, it turns out I've a spare copy of Half Life 2 that I can gift to anyone on Steam who doesn't already have it (it is a bit old by now but still awesome, played through it early last year and was tonnes of fun). Let me know if interested.

Comment

why not?
                                                                                                                    Would it not be more benificial to leave your opponents guessing instead of letting them know who they'll be facing? Surely different players in the same position posess different qualities/ challenges to opponents. Just don't see any positive in naming early and not keeping cards close to chest.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

NOPE T Shirts @ http://www.ojaitaxidermy.comThis commercial was created by YouTubers Rhett and Link (http://youtube.com/rhettandlink) as part of their TV sho...
                                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        Ah pfft. Get out of that. We are better in the centre. Bod and an admittedly out of form Darce but they've been playing together donkeys years and have a super understanding. The Aussies in McCabe and Faingaa havent got even nearly that game time together. Nothing like it. AND we have BOD.

I'm confident with Sexton in there two. If we can get attacking and Cooper is at full back he'll cave.

I WANT to believe so shut up.
                                                                                                                        Oh I believe. By 9am I'll have completely forgotten about all sense of rationality and I'll be screaming for SOB to run through Genia like a floppy western saloon door.

McCabe is on a different planet to D'Arcy these days unfortunately. Wallace/McFadden are most people's preferred choice at inside centre. D'Arcy hasn't had much luck in attack the past few seasons, but his defence has been exceptional and allows BOD & the Back 3 more space to try things. However this season he's been found wanting a fair bit. His ability to push us over the gainline is invaluable, but again hasn't been a strong point this season.

Unfortunately I think the same can be said of BOD, his defence unquestionable, but his pace and creativity have been tapering off this season.

I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong though!

Comment

Any of you horse racing types got a suggestion for the 2.15 at Listowel?
                                                                                                                          Just lump on the favourite?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X