WSOP ME Syndicate interest/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSOP ME Syndicate interest/discussion thread

Event #46: $5,000 No-Limit Hold’em Main Event, $25M GTD – The Biggest Online Poker Tournament Guarantee EVER

Originally posted by Opr
    Seeing as it is going to be the biggest online poker tournament in history. Would there be any interest in forming some kind of syndicate to stick someone into it for a sweat? $5k buy so 1% = $50. We could do something fun like for every one percentage a person takes they get a ticket into the draw. Whoever is drawn out plays the event. Maybe do $55 a % so the person playing gets a bigger percentage for themselves. Any interest?
    So potentially 90 shares at the 55 which would give whoever plays the 10% freeroll plus whatever they buy themselves. Open to suggestions on whether others think should bump it to 60 to give the playing player more of a freeroll?

Just want to see if there is interest enough. So if people could post % they want and if they would want to play/not play.

If anyone has any other ideas around the whole thing please post them too.

3%, In for lottery if that is the route that is decided rather than getting someone who is good at tournaments.

Comment

It might be asking a bit much but it would be fun if the player who plays agreed to stream it on twitch.

Comment

I can't get involved as I work with GGPoker BUT if this does get any traction I should be able to sort out some WSOP sat tickets for those who are getting involved, on either side of the staking action.

BTW the way the staking works is the account that plays the event needs to front up all the cash to register for the event, only then can they sell stakes. But since the system is totally integrated at GG it works very smoothly.

Comment

Would be interested in staking 2% but no chance I would play
          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
              I can't get involved as I work with GGPoker BUT if this does get any traction I should be able to sort out some WSOP sat tickets for those who are getting involved, on either side of the staking action.

BTW the way the staking works is the account that plays the event needs to front up all the cash to register for the event, only then can they sell stakes. But since the system is totally integrated at GG it works very smoothly.
              I presume we would be going the route of collecting the money here and transferring the lot to the horse to register?

Would take a couple %s

Think the better route would be picking someone (id have a few in mind) but in for lottery either.

Comment

in for 2%, happy for Dice to choose our horse
                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                  in for 2%, happy for Dice to choose our horse
                  Oh no, I'm not picking! Would be happy to put a few suggestions forward if nobody suitable wants to apply. Or just go the lottery route amongs investors for the fun.

Comment

...Will definitely buy some %, but zero interest in playing as wouldn't be good enough, plus couldn't have the time for it... Will take 3% for now for the interest...

Comment

I'd probably take a point or two for the craic if there was enough interest

Would probably be best to pick the horsey first is it one shot or reentry?
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I presume we would be going the route of collecting the money here and transferring the lot to the horse to register?
                        Yeah, I thought you could put up a tournament to sell on the client and people could buy pieces. I didn't know you had to buyin directly before selling the pieces. It just would have made things much smoother as the client directly pays out the money after the tournament and would have been no collecting involved but I doubt too many people have 5k lying around on GG to buyin for that to happen so likely we would need to organize the fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          I'd probably take a point or two for the craic if there was enough interest

Would probably be best to pick the horsey first is it one shot or reentry?
                          Someone might correct me here but there are 20 different day ones Each day is a freezeout but players can enter multiple day ones up to a certain maximum number of I think three?

Comment

Ill take 2%, no interest in playing.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Someone might correct me here but there are 20 different day ones Each day is a freezeout but players can enter multiple day ones up to a certain maximum number of I think three?
                              Yeax max of 3 entries, every day 1 is a freezeout.

Comment

I'll def take 1%-2%. Happy to lottery, play or get an online MTT wizard whatever the consensus is.
                                Last edited by Irisheman; 09-07-20, 10:08.

Comment

In for 3%. I am ok with all options.
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'll donate 2%. I've nowhere near the skill level required to play the event and happy to go with whatever people decide on picking the horsey. Dice probably has a good insight into people with the right skill set, if they are up for it of course.

Comment

I'll stick in 3%
                                      happy for lotto or whatever
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I would do 3%
                                        No interest in playing

Comment

I'd be in for 2% if going ahead happy to go with either option

Comment

I would take 2% no interest in playing, don't mind how player is picked.

Comment

Would be in for 1%

Comment

I'd take 2%. The GG makes this very easy to buy/sell shares within the client, it would save a lot of admin work.
                                                "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                                                  I'd take 2%. The GG makes this very easy to buy/sell shares within the client, it would save a lot of admin work.
                                                  It would be easier to go that route and people can take their own shares on GG and get insta paid but as pointed out the horse would need to have the $5k up front on GG to buyin themselves before this could happen.

That said if we could attract a horse (preferably an IPB poster) who wanted to go that way it may be a good idea. Seems to be already aprrox 40% there already.

OPRs baby but if we arent going the lottery option we might be able to attract a few decent options (posssibly by PM to help attract more and maybe then a few people make a decsion).

Anyway no panic yet.

Comment

I am more than happy to go the horse route if you have someone in mind who you think would be up for it reach out and see what they think.

Comment

We could ask Doke if he could have a word with Mr Negreanu and see would he be interested in playing for the syndicate

Comment

I'll take a %

Comment

Will take 2% - obv nobody should stake a donkey like me so would take my name out of the lottery if that’s the route we go.

Comment

I am more than happy to go the horse route if you have someone in mind who you think would be up for it reach out and see what they think.
                                                            I kinda had one lad who posts here a small bit in mind but have no contact deets for him bar PM here. Or we could just throw it out there via Twitter and see what comes back......

I suppose give it a week and see what sort of numbers we have first
                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 11-07-20, 22:17.

Comment

I'd take a couple of % here if this goes ahead

Comment

Oh how the world has changed since the days when there would of been a boatload of wannabees sharing gamed sharkscope graphs and telling us how they wouldn't eat or wank before playing so they'd be more on their game
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just wondering if there if there is any interested for an official WSOP Online thread this year? It would be interesting to have it as I guess many IPBers will play this year and can be used as a reference to buy/sell pieces (easily through the client) and share a sweat if someone goes deep in some events.
                                                                  "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                                                                    Just wondering if there if there is any interested for an official WSOP Online thread this year? It would be interesting to have it as I guess many IPBers will play this year and can be used as a reference to buy/sell pieces (easily through the client) and share a sweat if someone goes deep in some events.
                                                                    Build it and they will come.

Comment

10% if lottery, 2% otherwise
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm interested . How much and to whom please.
                                                                        2% .

Comment

Build it and they will come.
                                                                          Great, done! https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...-online-thread

Comment

Interested for 1-2%

Comment

#39
                                                                              In for a %. Few bottles of captain and let the Diceman loose!

Comment

#40
                                                                                We are close to having a house built here. Dice can you reach out to some Player X's?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  ...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Okay. Let's make it work Opr!
                                                                                    It should be pretty nailed on to go ahead at this stage. The first flight doesn't start for another month so we have plenty of time to fill up. We don't even need that many more people if everyone who posted still wants in. Just about figuring out who is going to play. I think Dice has a few in mind so lets see what he comes back with.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I'll take 1% if this goes ahead although no time or interest in being the horsey.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        I can send out a few feeler messages or might just stick it up on Twitter and see what comes back. OPR can you just confirm what we are offering to any potential horse so I am clear (i.e in terms of figures)

By my count above we have c50% committed?

Are we looking for someone buying in themselves on gg so we can take pieces or sticking a horse in with our own money?
                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 22-07-20, 08:27.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Alright, I haven't actually been doing a running count. I thought it was more. We need a fair bit more commitment. So I have been bluffing without even knowing it. We aren't that far away though. Let's give it another week I suppose and see if we have any more takers.

I have never been involved in the world of staking. So I have no idea what is or isn't fair in regards to terms for a player. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could chime in with what these kinds of deals usually entail? I see some old sicko's logged into these boards at times. If anyone wants to pitch themselves in here please do as well.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Alright, I haven't actually been doing a running count. I thought it was more. We need a fair bit more commitment. So I have been bluffing without even knowing it. We aren't that far away though. Let's give it another week I suppose and see if we have any more takers.

I have never been involved in the world of staking. So I have no idea what is or isn't fair in regards to terms for a player. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could chime in with what these kinds of deals usually entail? I see some old sicko's logged into these boards at times. If anyone wants to pitch themselves in here please do as well.
                                                                                            Yeah no panic, give it a week or so. I personally think trying to collect the full 90-100% loots together and get them to a horse to register might be a bit of a nightmare.

IMO the best route is to try find someone (ideally someone with a link to IPB) who is on the fence about playing moneywise who would like to register and sell 50-60% on the GG Client but wasnt sure if they would sell, we have a readymade market for them here.

For those here who dont use GG Poker the horse can buyin on the client (with their own funds) and set up the sale their prior to the Event and all money is payed in/out on the client independent of the player. People who dont have/want any account on GG to do this can obv use myself or OPR or whoever to buy their pieces for them.

Now depending on any interest, some players may feel they are worth x markup so this would need to be considered too.

I've attached a pic from a random tourney on at the moment showing the staking section on the left.
                                                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Yeah no panic, give it a week or so. I personally think trying to collect the full 90-100% loots together and get them to a horse to register might be a bit of a nightmare.

IMO the best route is to try find someone (ideally someone with a link to IPB) who is on the fence about playing moneywise who would like to register and sell 50-60% on the GG Client but wasnt sure if they would sell, we have a readymade market for them here.

For those here who dont use GG Poker the horse can buyin on the client (with their own funds) and set up the sale their prior to the Event and all money is payed in/out on the client independent of the player. People who dont have/want any account on GG to do this can obv use myself or OPR or whoever to buy their pieces for them.

Now depending on any interest, some players may feel they are worth x markup so this would need to be considered too.

I've attached a pic from a random tourney on at the moment showing the staking section on the left.
                                                                                              100% that would be my preference. The idea of collecting money and distributing payouts is nightmarish. If we were going to go down the lottery route I was going to ask if ionapaul could set up a private tournament where everyone buys in for the required amount. Do flips or something till we have a winner and then that person would have the monies to buyin.

Getting someone who can stump up the buyin and having pieces taken on the client would be a perfect scenario. I doubt anyone expects someone decent to play without some markup. It also reduces the % we need to collect.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Interested in 1 or 2 % depending on format for selecting the horse. Will probably take 1 regardless or two if my preferred option on is the chosen option.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  If someone wants to take this on and run with it then please do. I'll prob take a piece in the client if something comes of it but I don't want to be involved in organizing and promoting it. I have had so many issues with the site and the support is beyond terrible that any enthusiasm I had for organizing this is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                  X