Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

% sale discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    WOW. The price of success. Tough situation on both parties imo. Interesting read. Everyone loves a bit of controversy and it's a real eye opener in terms of selling %s . This thread will probably save a lot of similar situations from occurring. Fair play to Jason for doing the business in San Remo that caused 2% to be worthy of such discussion.

    Comment


      Congrats again on the result Jason, hope you make many more Major Event final tables and bink your fair share of titles.

      Fantastic gesture to Rebel and the charity although it was crystal clear to me that he had accepted losing out on the % after he missed the deadline.(imho)

      VWP

      Comment


        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
        well played Jason - I think you have showed a lot of class.
        +1

        I did not get involved or offered an opinion as it was not my business but an interesting discussion all the same. One thing you have shown is that there is still a bit of honour and decency left in the game which is something that was missing a lot in my last few years of playing. Good karma for you next time around hopefully

        The other thing i also learnt is that you folks love a good drama

        Comment


          one thing that still gets to me is with all this money on the line why doesnt he get a family member or close friend to access his account on IPB and do the responding for him, are phones band over there to ?

          Comment


            real life superheros ITT wp jos great offer

            Originally posted by FlushNut12 View Post
            one thing that still gets to me is with all this money on the line why doesnt he get a family member or close friend to access his account on IPB and do the responding for him, are phones band over there to ?
            whats the rush? he dosent have to do that at all imagine trying to explain to someone where to even start. clearly he hasnt even seen the offer yet

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
              +1

              I did not get involved or offered an opinion as it was not my business but an interesting discussion all the same. One thing you have shown is that there is still a bit of honour and decency left in the game which is something that was missing a lot in my last few years of playing. Good karma for you next time around hopefully

              The other thing i also learnt is that you folks love a good drama
              +2,well said sir,fwiw i'd ask jt to hang on to the money and use it for future stakes,(say 2%)until the 1700 euro was spent,could be free rolling big score.nice offer well done.
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

              Comment


                Originally posted by FlushNut12 View Post
                one thing that still gets to me is with all this money on the line why doesnt he get a family member or close friend to access his account on IPB and do the responding for him, are phones band over there to ?
                Perhaps it's not as much money to him, perhaps he doesn't want to explain to a friend or family what's at stake. From his POV he has no responding to do, he figures he's done all he needs.

                Comment


                  Yeah i mean the way i see once you have sent the money to the person and the exact amount is in thier stars a/c via transfer from a SN you have sent them money form on numerous occasions in the past.... there can only be one outcome especially considering the unusual circumstances of working in the middle east and not having access to poker websites and the fact that the transfer was not shipped back before the start of the event. Also I would add that there is nothing in the sticky rules about having to confirm the purchase of a % after you have shipped the money to the person..........
                  Last edited by B8kedbean; 21-10-12, 17:05.

                  Comment


                    Hi All,

                    I am pleased to announce that after a couple of pm's, Rebel has accepted my offer/gift. We can all move forward now by learning from and putting this unfortunate situation behind us.

                    Today is a good day for Poker.

                    (Sorry to those who wanted a popcorn thread )
                    Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

                    My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                    My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

                    Comment


                      Ahh Bollocks....

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                        Hi All,

                        I am pleased to announce that after a couple of pm's, Rebel has accepted my offer/gift. We can all move forward now by learning from and putting this unfortunate situation behind us.

                        Today is a good day for Poker.

                        (Sorry to those who wanted a popcorn thread )
                        I see he doesnt air his own laundry in public just other people`s

                        Comment


                          Glad to see it got resolved amicably. Surprised Kayroo did not post here but if he did I'd imagine something like:

                          Initial staking post by Jason = invitation to treat
                          Rebel booking 2% = offer
                          Rebel shipping 2% = valid consideration
                          Jason seeking confirmation, not getting it and specifically canceling prior to the event starting = No acceptance on his part that he had a valid contract with rebel

                          I know that contract law does not apply here but I think that if it did, Jason is totally vindicated subject to shipping back the stake. the other argue,nets made on both sides, while well intended and interesting are not really relevant to whether here was a valid, binding agreement in place between the 2 parties.

                          Oh - WP Jason - some score all the same

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X