Looking to build a roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to build a roll

Hi I'm a relatively low stakes player looking to build a roll. Just wondering is there any advice out there in regards the best way to do this. What sites are best ie soft and good value in terms of new player deals etc.
    What type of games should I focus on mtt stt or sng's.
    I don't play cash btw so really focusing in tournaments here.
    I intend to start off with €200 so any advice would greatly help.

pokerstars.fr 100% first deposit bonus - there are enough low buyin mtts to grow a roll. the real juicy ones are 10e to 30e buyins you could dip into if you grow past 500 but there are enough 3e to 5e mtts. you'll get a lot of 100 -300 player mtts so less variance than the mega stars.com mtts and softer too.
    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

I can't access stars fr. Any other sites apart from them

Comment

Winamax - same applies. Its softer. If anything.

Comment

Play the 180 man's on stars if you have the head for them, I don't!!

Comment

Sorry to Derail, but can you transfer funds from stars.fr and normal stars?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
              No

Comment

Nope. Withdrawals only to your personal bank account by french law. Takes 3 working days.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                  No
                  Are you sure on that, because i'm almost sure i did it from my stars.com to my wife stars.fr
                  account.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                    Are you sure on that, because i'm almost sure i did it from my stars.com to my wife stars.fr
                    account.
                    Ye probably stars to neteller/skrill then into .fr You can get it in any way. Only one way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                      Nope. Withdrawals only to your personal bank account by french law. Takes 3 working days.
                      account.
                      Almost 100% sure you can't transfer from Stars.com to Stars.fr. You wouldn't be thinking of PokerStars to FUllTilt?

I've found the withdrawals to be really quick, they say allow 72 hours, but it's usually next working day in my experience.

+1 on PokerStars.fr, it's a bit of a pain to set up an account there but it's the best option.

As said already, I guess starting at the 2.50 180-mans is the way to go if you want to play on Pokerstars.com
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

On .fr could I play straight away and need verification for withdrawals or do I need to wait for the verification etc to play at all?
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                          Almost 100% sure you can't transfer from Stars.com to Stars.fr. You wouldn't be thinking of PokerStars to FUllTilt?
                          You can pair you pokerstars.fr account to your Full Tilt account. I've not done it myself, but if you can do that then you could probably go down the instant route of Stars.fr --> FullTilt --> Stars

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            On .fr could I play straight away and need verification for withdrawals or do I need to wait for the verification etc to play at all?
                            You have to wait a few days until you get the address code which is sent by snail mail. Your account gets locked if you try and play. Dunno why Winamax let you play straight away.

Comment

I've found the withdrawals to be really quick, they say allow 72 hours, but it's usually next working day in my experience.

+1 on PokerStars.fr, it's a bit of a pain to set up an account there but it's the best option.

As said already, I guess starting at the 2.50 180-mans is the way to go if you want to play on Pokerstars.com
                              It was from my stars.co to stars.fr well that was over a year ago tho i'm 100% on that

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                account.
                                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                You can pair you pokerstars.fr account to your Full Tilt account. I've not done it myself, but if you can do that then you could probably go down the instant route of Stars.fr --> FullTilt --> Stars
                                oh really? didn't realise that. I thought the French government was very strict (money laundering etc) so wouldn't allow that.
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I have tried to in the past but it tells me that i have already paired with my PS account, no option or mention of .fr

Actually come to think about it I did email them about it and there is no way of pairing with .fr if I remember correctly.

Comment

You can only pair stars and tilt or .fr and tilt asfaik

Comment

oh really? didn't realise that. I thought the French government was very strict (money laundering etc) so wouldn't allow that.
                                      Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                      I have tried to in the past but it tells me that i have already paired with my PS account, no option or mention of .fr

Actually come to think about it I did email them about it and there is no way of pairing with .fr if I remember correctly.
                                      Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                      Seems like it can't be done so! I just know i saw the option there but never tried it, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                        Handy way to withdraw from .fr as with them you have to withdraw to your bank account.

Comment

Grind the 45 man sng on stars best option with a limited roll and shouldn't be too hard to beat at the low stakes with lots of volume and study.gl
                                          “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

ty for all the advice. I currently play on stars and luckyacepoker but i find building a roll quite hard. ive gone through over $400 plus between both and im just looking for A CLEAN BREAK WHERE I CAN DEPOSIT AND START BUILDING. ID LOVE TO TRY BETFAIR OR MAYBE SOME OTHER SITE NOT ON IPOKER BUT AFFILATED WITH A GAMBLING SITE. ANY ONE HAVE EXPIERENCE OF THESE AND WOULD YPOU RECOMMEND FOR A LOW STAKES GRINDER OF TOURNIES

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzregular View Post
                                              ty for all the advice. I currently play on stars and luckyacepoker but i find building a roll quite hard. ive gone through over $400 plus between both and im just looking for A CLEAN BREAK WHERE I CAN DEPOSIT AND START BUILDING. ID LOVE TO TRY BETFAIR OR MAYBE SOME OTHER SITE NOT ON IPOKER BUT AFFILATED WITH A GAMBLING SITE. ANY ONE HAVE EXPIERENCE OF THESE AND WOULD YPOU RECOMMEND FOR A LOW STAKES GRINDER OF TOURNIES
                                              Grinding and losing are 2 different things.
                                              If your a losing player regardless of how many deposits you make you wll go broke.
                                              I dont know if you are or not.
                                              Betfair is on ipoker maybe some research would help.

Comment

Maybe you should give 888 Poker a go. Fairly soft and field sizes are very small compared to Pokerstars

Comment

If you wanna mix up the poker roll with general gambling roll then i presume ipoker remains your best bet. Having a roll segregated off is less temptation i suppose for me. Withdrawal options are efficent on .fr but presumably if the goal is to build a roll your first few binks will have to stay in there allowing you to play a wider schedule and the really juicy games.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X