Hand from ipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand from ipo

Was a handy enough table with the two other good players to my left villains stack to my left is 70 k and mine is 50 k blinds 200-400 I make it 800 on the hj with kq of clubs co 3bets to 2k gets back to me he had been 3 betting a lot so I 4 bet to 4500 he flats flop comes 10 10 8 I cbet 3800 he flats turn a j I bet 6400 he flats river was a 6 I tank bet 13.4k and he tanks me of Ak he said only reppin jjs full personally the value table is wee bit wider aa kk or qq could take same line and a Hand I have that is bluffing could be beatin his sometimes just want to know your thoughts. Sorry bout the layout on my phone
    Last edited by denchhhh; 19-02-14, 10:22.

Don't mind what he said after the hand. His comment of putting you on JJ or a bluff has gotten to you. He's just saying that in hindsight as it makes him look better. Just focus on your own play. FWIW I don't think QQ or KK are value betting three streets on a paired board with 8,10,J down there as they are most likely to be the scare cards for an overpair.

I'm not sure what the best line would be once we get to that flop OOP with KQs. I'd probably c-bet the flop and check the turn. If he checks behind then I'll have a bet on the river trying
    to make it look like value bet. If he still calls then fair play, wp, etc. If he bets turn I'd check-raise it more often than not to put him to the test. Think how you played it will work quite a lot of the time too tho so just say "nice call", mean it, and move on the next one.

Comment

Preflop I would either flat the 3-bet or 4-bet a little more. Folding to the 3-bet is exploitable, but not out of the question if the table is as soft as you say.

Post-flop I would look to get a check-raise in on the flop or turn as opposed to barelling 3 streets, especially if you know your opponents tendancies after a few hours of play

As played since by the sounds of it you have a line of 3 aggressive players in a row, you have to shut down on the river. By the river AK, AQ, and KQ are all in still in your range [especially sine the Jack hit the turn], as well as some random airballs.
      Last edited by colm_leche; 19-02-14, 16:51.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I like the 4 bet size tho looks strong ah ya I like the idea of check raising the turn I hat the idea on the flop I got heroes like the table was lol bad but yes two good players to my left prob can fold pre as he is a good player and their is easier chips on the table

Comment

I presume he must have been 3betting you a lot seeing as you 4 bet him with KQ. So just flat the 3bet. We're 120bb deep, with suited broadways. Presuming he's been 3betting you a lot so you dominate quite a few hands in his range and can dominate some his draws also.

If you 4bet anything make it bigger this deep 5-5.5k. As played flops fine but that is the worst turn in the deck for your range. Betting there is just lighting money on fire. You have so few Tx hands in your range compared to him. You can't possibly have a boat. What hands can he possibly have that 3bet,call a 4bet and then call on TT8 that then fold on a J turn. I don't think you should bet with anything worse than AT on the turn. Everything else should just be checking IMO.

River bet is too small if you want to bet probably just go around 18ish. After betting turn you have to follow through now I guess and try get him to fold QQ and KK if he gets to the river with them. Although really should never be in this spot seeing as we block the hands we are trying to get him off. All we really rep is AA sometimes but a lot of guys won't bet 3 streets here with that and some random Tx hand that you decided to 4bet with.

I don't like his play at all. He has the easiest turn raise in the world with his exact hand.

Comment

Why would he raise the turn wouldn't make sense he ha some showdown value plus I'm reppin strong it's either an air ball from me or I'm pretty strong ah I think aa can bet all 3 streets ah and also can I never have jjs think is in m range a decent amount of the time was a weird hand tho I like when I look back it is lie 8 k on river looks like betting for thin value or like 23 k reppin a house

Comment

Originally posted by denchhhh View Post
              Why would he raise the turn wouldn't make sense he ha some showdown value plus I'm reppin strong it's either an air ball from me or I'm pretty strong ah I think aa can bet all 3 streets ah and also can I never have jjs think is in m range a decent amount of the time was a weird hand tho I like when I look back it is lie 8 k on river looks like betting for thin value or like 23 k reppin a house

He can raise the turn because think of all the hands he can have compared to you. When you bet the turn you have overpairs the majority of the time. The very odd Tx hand that you 4bet preflop. I wouldn't expect JJ to be a 4bet pre this deep. As 4bet folding JJ is not very good normally and you need to all be going pretty crazy for it to be good to 6 bet jam.

You aren't really repping strong because of the board run out its not all that possible for you to be strong. I would expect to have 0 showdown value with AK here in his spot after you bet the turn (obviously I'm wrong on this though)

I'm presuming here he has been 3betting you a lot based on you 4betting KQ. He can have every Tx from T8s+ already. Every house that's possible. He can also have AA himself and raise turn for value if he doesn't expect you to fold overpairs to a raise.

Ok you have AA instead use the same bet sizing as in the hand he makes it 16k on the turn. What do you do? What are you doing when he jams 100% of rivers when you call?

Comment

Originally posted by denchhhh View Post
                Was a handy enough table with the two other good players to my left villains stack to my left is 70 k and mine is 50 k blinds 200-400 I make it 800 on the hj with kq of clubs co 3bets to 2k gets back to me he had been 3 betting a lot so I 4 bet to 4500 he flats flop comes 10 10 8 I cbet 3800 he flats turn a j I bet 6400 he flats river was a 6 I tank bet 13.4k and he tanks me of Ak he said only reppin jjs full personally the value table is wee bit wider aa kk or qq could take same line and a Hand I have that is bluffing could be beatin his sometimes just want to know your thoughts. Sorry bout the layout on my phone
                I'm not really replying about how you played the hand,[i think you played it well btw]just if you have identified 6 weakish players at the table why would you want to play a hand like that oop against a strong player.

Comment

Working...
                X