Awkward River Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awkward River Spot

The hand is from a 4 max €20 tournament on Winamax. Mid way through the tourney so no bubble or anything to think about.

Reads on villain is that he's weak laggy/defending BB's a lot and generally pretty bad. We don't have much history but in the 50 or so hands we've played I'v been very active.

Hero (57k)
    Villain (55k)

Blinds 500/1000

Villain opens UTG to 2,000, Button folds and i make 5,555 with AA from the small blind, BB folds,and Villain calls.

Pot (12,500) Flop 8 8 j

I bet 6,555. Villain calls.

Pot (25,500) Turn 7

I bet 16,500. Villain calls.

Pot (58,500) River Q

I'm left with 28,000, Villain 26,000. I'v thought about the hand a good bit and still have no idea of the best way to play river. Interested to know what others think. Think sizing's ok up to that point but maybe not. Turn bet bigger?

Bumping this. Surprised there's been no reply.

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
      I'm left with 28,000, Villain 26,000. I'v thought about the hand a good bit and still have no idea of the best way to play river. Interested to know what others think. Think sizing's ok up to that point but maybe not. Turn bet bigger?
      I dont think theres much to do here,I guess you could fold and keep you 28k but Im firing again and if he's made it he's made it .... if you check and he shoves your prob calling any way. I think your in against a bad player who either has AJ or a flush having called twice to hit it. All in a find out lol
      Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Happy to make it bigger pre vs described opponent on winamax , in the region of 7.1k still seems fine OOP

Making some pretty big generalizations to give an answer.. It is pretty awkward on the river, he doesn't he gets there with anything he now turns into a bluff if you check so would be checking to check fold if he shoved.
        Boards so bad doubt if you shove you get called by any Jx.
        If you think he peels like KJo/QJo/JTo pre you might get away with betting something ridiculous like 7.9k and folding to a shove, fish make these crying calls all day. Could seem horrible with the odds you would be getting but if he has enough J in his range i think its ok to try squeeze some value considering he never bluff shoves over this, might be the only way you get value.

Comment

Working...
        X