Basic HU Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic HU Spot

I haven't played very much for the last month and this pretty basic spot really confused me last night.

Just curious what people would value bet as villain here on the river? Image wise I'm not quite sure exactly how he would view me. We were on the same table around the bubble when I had heaps and was splashing around a tonne, going to war with everybody.

Since the FT started I had been pretty short for the majority of it and just had to be fairly nitty. I'd imagine he would view me as a reg but possibly a touch stationy post flop as we played a few hands during the FT where I stationed off with weak bluff catchers in possibly bad spots.

He has played really well. Had the CL for the whole FT and just generally won the majority of hands with SD. He is capable of value betting thin as he bombed 2 streets pretty massive with bottom pair on 2494Q after I checked back flop.

This is only the 6th or so hand of HU, nothing too exciting has happened. I have opened every btn and defended every bb.

I don't feel my hand is too relevant but mainly curious about what people would value bet here and/or expect the villain as described to vbet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 30 Tournament, 7,000/14,000 Blinds 1,750 Ante (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Hero (BB) (t685,815)
    SB (t1,054,185)

Hero's M: 27.99

Preflop: Hero is BB with
    SB raises to t28,000, Hero calls t14,000

Flop: (t59,500) A, 4, 5 (2 players)
    Hero checks, SB bets t21,000, Hero calls t21,000

Turn: (t101,500) 6 (2 players)
    Hero checks, SB checks

River: (t101,500) 8 (2 players)
    Hero checks,

I don't know what you have but I would raise

levels

Comment

Your range looks like weak TP/PP or a trappy low connected type hand that improved turn/river, doubt you're folding much. Would expect villain bets 7x, 86,85,84, flushes. Not much Ax after turn check, shouldn't vbet 99+,8x or worse since you're more likely to 3b than flat pre with the random unconnected 4x/5x/6x he wants a call from but idk, might give him 20% 1P 8x combos. Flushes can be slightly discounted.. overall expect he's somewhat value-heavy when he bets river.
      Last edited by Winning!; 03-09-13, 17:47.
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

i would only value bet the very top of my range on the river based on the hand in the info.
        when he checks behind the turn ,he has some show down value but wants to keep the pot small.
        he thinks of you as a bit of a station ,so he bets turn for value for sure .
        on the river everything got there ,all the draws he could have picked up on the turn (that would check behind turn) so there is no point in value betting thin as he folds or his made hands are all strong.

i would only value bet here with close to nuts and i would check fold pretty much anything but as well.

i havent played in years though and prob should have said that at start

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
          Your range looks like weak TP/PP or a trappy low connected type hand that improved turn/river, doubt you're folding much. Would expect villain bets 7x, 86,85,84, flushes. Not much Ax after turn check, shouldn't vbet 99+,8x or worse since you're more likely to 3b than flat pre with the random unconnected 4x/5x/6x he wants a call from but idk, might give him 20% 1P 8x combos. Flushes can be slightly discounted.. overall expect he's somewhat value-heavy when he bets river.

At the time I expected him to bet Ax for some reason. I had a flush and was trying to c/r but he tank checked back 86. Really surprised and confused me.

Comment

Working...
          X