Live MTT line check - 3 hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live MTT line check - 3 hands

The three hands below all happeend consecutively which is perhaps why I particualrly noticed losing them. To me, all seemed to be pretty much the same situation - I may be wrong on that- so thought I'd stick them up together to see if my standard line was okay?

Important to note that the central reason to the way I played all 3 hands was my stack size (in around 30bb), obv much less and it's an asy decision and much more all options become much more equal imo:

£100 live freezeout 200/400 (no antes) ~70/90 players left [10 paid]
    FWIW my image is agrro but very few hands had gone to show down - lost all chips gained in one hand, flopping top set 3 way after 3 betting JJ but having to fold river]

Hand 1:
    Preflop:UTG+1 (~25k) opens to 800 - folds to me in BB (13k, ~32bb) with AQ off.
    This guy had just been moved to the table so was first hand I'd seen him play which also imapcted my decision.
    Thoughts? -I called.
    Flop: TJ7r I check, UTG bets 1200 - thoughts? I call - tobv have overs and gut hsot but also want to see what he does as I may have best hand plus can barrel river to get him fold all medium pairs if he checks turn trying to get to showdown.
    Turn: 8 I check fold to a ~3k bet.

Hand 2:
    Preflop:
    UTG (so same player, now with ~ 27k) opens to 800
    Folds to me in the SB with KQ suited (now with ~11k, ~27 bb) thoughts? - I called
    BB also called
    Flop: A99 - I check, BB checks, UTG+1 bets we fold.

Hand 3:
    Preflop: UTG (different player) open to 800, 2 calls in MP, I have 66 on the BTN (now playing ~ 10k, ~ 25bb) I thought about shipping but really felt that like with most live local tourneys 20-25bb is super playbale against mainly weak players so didn't want to flip verus AJ/AQ(whihc would call imo :/) - I called (again) - BB called. (safe o say all other players covered or were similar)
    Flop: High cards, some one bet, I folded.

I felt I played tehm so passively, esp the AQ, but wasn't sure if they were just awkward spots or if actually played all/any of them bad??

Cheers for input

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post
    The three hands below all happeend consecutively which is perhaps why I particualrly noticed losing them. To me, all seemed to be pretty much the same situation - I may be wrong on that- so thought I'd stick them up together to see if my standard line was okay?

Important to note that the central reason to the way I played all 3 hands was my stack size (in around 30bb), obv much less and it's an asy decision and much more all options become much more equal imo:

FWIW my image is agrro but very few hands had gone to show down - lost all chips gained in one hand, flopping top set 3 way after 3 betting JJ but having to fold river]

Hand 1:
    This guy had just been moved to the table so was first hand I'd seen him play which also imapcted my decision.
    Thoughts? -I called.
    Flop: TJ7r I check, UTG bets 1200 - thoughts? I call - tobv have overs and gut hsot but also want to see what he does as I may have best hand plus can barrel river to get him fold all medium pairs if he checks turn trying to get to showdown.

Hand 2:
    Preflop:
    Folds to me in the SB with KQ suited (now with ~11k, ~27 bb) thoughts? - I called
    BB also called

Hand 3:
    Preflop: UTG (different player) open to 800, 2 calls in MP, I have 66 on the BTN (now playing ~ 10k, ~ 25bb) I thought about shipping but really felt that like with most live local tourneys 20-25bb is super playbale against mainly weak players so didn't want to flip verus AJ/AQ(whihc would call imo :/) - I called (again) - BB called. (safe o say all other players covered or were similar)

I felt I played tehm so passively, esp the AQ, but wasn't sure if they were just awkward spots or if actually played all/any of them bad??

Cheers for input
    Hand 1 is fine

Hand 2 is bad although KQs plays well post flop u are too shallow to be smoothing and playing post just fold.

Hand 3 same thing too shallow to smooth imo, extra implied odds given additional callers etc, however you are not closing the action. In bb it would be fine, if utg is aggro and opens light and callers are weak tight a jam is fine but folding is best too.

Just to say none of the spots are that badly played but hands 2 and 3 are just a bit too fishy.

Comment

Might 3b/f hand 2, probably just folding pre-ante, don't like calling. Flatting the 66 pre IP is just about ok if you know the players behind are gonna play super-straightforward (i.e. rarely squeeze, often call).
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Hand 1 - I probably just let it go on the flop. Have no problem flatting with your stack preflop and is the line I'd take most of the time with an unknown.

Hand 2 - I'm calling this with 27BB in a live tourney. Plenty of good flops to CR.

Hand 3 - Close between shoving & folding. If I'd been quiet for a while I'd shove but since it could look like you're trying to win back chips I'd let it go. Lookiing at the other responses its probably a mistake for me to lean to calling in hand 2 but not considering it for hand 3, even though they are similiar positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post

Hand 1:
          Thoughts? -I called.

Hand 2:
          Preflop:
          BB also called

Hand 3:

Cheers for input
          Hand 1: You can flat or 3bet (make it chunky if 3betting 2.7x). I would probably flat too. On this type of flop its ok to lead out as this hits your calling range right on the money. Check calling is ok too but you can blead lots of chips playing wait and see so I like a lead out here to go after the pot. It's hard for him to call a double barrel from you with a 1pair hand that's if he doesn't just give up on flop. As played you only have two options, fold or raise.

Hand 2: 3bet/fold

Hand 3: Set mining is perfectly fine imo, your reasoning for doing so is correct. 25bbs live is like 35bbs online.
          Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Anything to be said for a fold pre in hand 1? There's not a lot of great spots u can find urself in post flop but there's plenty of shitty ones.

I'd prob fold hand 2 too. If someone else had I flatted I prob call.

Hand 3 I think a call is ok. Shoving is prob +EV too.
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
              Anything to be said for a fold pre in hand 1? There's not a lot of great spots u can find urself in post flop but there's plenty of shitty ones.
              dont ever fold here
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                dont ever fold here
                ya just realised how bad considering folding is. Didn't click with me it was only a min-raise too for some reason.
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

hand 1. check shove the turn

hand 2. possibly fold pre otherwise play as is

hand 3. perfectly fine imo
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                  X