Exposed card and signifcant action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposed card and signifcant action?

Ok so, 2 players to the flop, it's dealt, player A accidently exposes one of his cards, dealer doesnt notice, A bets, called by B, turn card and then player A raises the issue, TD correctly says that A shouldn't be allowed to bet, only call after exposing his card. he then returns the bets on the flop to each player. A however argues that significant action had taken place and bets should remain in the pot. Who is right?

Money in the pot stays in the pot imo
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Can’t take money out of the pot.
      How did TD (or anyone) know that A’s card was exposed prior to betting on the flop and not after.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        Can’t take money out of the pot.
        How did TD (or anyone) know that A’s card was exposed prior to betting on the flop and not after.
        Player B pointed it out, Player A accepted that he had exposed it

Comment

Originally posted by RossiesAbu View Post

Well that changes the situation entirely compared to what you said in your OP which is "and then player A raises the issue". So player B actually raised the issue?

You can't take money out of the pot anyway, so TD made a good ruling by saying player A can only call from now on in the hand but TD made a mess of it by fiddling with the pot.

Money stays in the pot, A can only call should be the correct ruling.

Comment

Player B pointed it out on the turn. Player A accepted he had exposed his hand. All clear there.
            But how does player Player A know he exposed it on the flop? Did B say it was?

Two options come to mind. Either player B seen it and said nothing until the turn. Or Player B is backdating it.

In either case I can’t see why A should be penalised.

Comment

Player B pointed it out on the turn. Player A accepted he had exposed his hand. All clear there.
              But how does player Player A know he exposed it on the flop? Did B say it was?
              A accepted that he had

Two options come to mind. Either player B seen it and said nothing until the turn. Or Player B is backdating it.

In either case I can’t see why A should be penalised.
              Maybe B had seen it and said nothing i dont know. But should A not be penalised for exposing a card?

Comment

A accepted that he had

Maybe B had seen it and said nothing i dont know. But should A not be penalised for exposing a card?
                So B seen the exposed card on the flop. Said nothing, and flat called A. Turn is dealt out then B raises the issue. Whereby A can no longer bet.

B is pretty much angle shooting. Even more so if the turn favoured A. A shouldn’t be on punished because B tried to angleshoot. B was happy to call on the flop. Money stays in the pot.

Comment

The situation you described is definitely not easy because the accidental disclosure of a card can have a significant effect on the game. Generally, when a player reveals a card, the dealer should stop the game and deal with the situation. This is to prevent any unfair advantage the player may have gained by seeing the revealed card. Before starting the game, it is always a good idea to read the tournament rules. Online gambling sites like Ufabet have rules and regulations that players must follow. It is good to see that players participate in such discussions and work to ensure a fair and enjoyable game.
                  Last edited by Guest; 18-01-23, 11:47.

Comment

Working...
                  X