Live Irish Poker Rankings Discussion/Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Irish Poker Rankings Discussion/Queries

In the absence of any rankings this year these will be updated on IPB HERE for 2013.

Qualifying Games -
    Minimum buy-in of €200
    Minimum field of 25

Points calculated (Number of Runners x multiple of buyin)
    Last edited by Dice75; 28-01-14, 13:07.

Upcoming Qualifying Tournaments.....

Super Poker Event - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=15667

Fitz EOM - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4841

Norwegian Open - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16512

Paddy Power Irish Open - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=15956

Western Open - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16426
    Last edited by Dice75; 20-02-13, 14:36.

Comment

Thread title is very futuristic

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
        Thread title is very futuristic

Comment

Thread title fixed, might be a good idea to give a brief run down of this Ciaran? You are a crazy person to take this on
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Thread stickified

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Thread title fixed, might be a good idea to give a brief run down of this Ciaran? You are a crazy person to take this on
              TY. It's not a big job really, takes 5 mins on Excel after each weekend.

I'd estimate approx 100 qualifying games this year.

Open to any tournaments based on a minimum buyin of €200 and a minimum field of 25 runners.

Points allocated to try and reward consistant finishers throughout the year rather than just the big money winners (I'm sure they're happy enough).

Currently no prizes on offer (and there will be no cash involved) but might look at the possibility of trying to pull in some Tournament entries for next year over the next month to reward the top finishers, we'll see.

Any operators that have any upcoming games that I've missed that they want included, please feel free to post in here or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                TY. It's not a big job really, takes 5 mins on Excel after each weekend.
                But but but you made it simple..... it will never work

vwp

Comment

As it is called Irish poker rankings, and this is an Irish forum, it might be an idea to strip out the non Irish players from this list. Or does that complicate things too much?
                  Nice idea though and good luck with it.
                  http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
                    As it is called Irish poker rankings, and this is an Irish forum, it might be an idea to strip out the non Irish players from this list. Or does that complicate things too much?
                    Nice idea though and good luck with it.
                    Its a bit tricky as there will be a lot of non-Irish born on the list who do live here so trying to decipher one from the other would be messy.

I don't envisage a scenario where ,say, the Irish Open winner will automatically top the list, as, even based on last years numbers, the winner of the IO would only jump into second at the moment and its only mid-February.

Comment

Out of curiosity only Ciaran I have a few questions. No obligation to answer them of course.

Why are you doing this?
                      Is there anything for the winner(s)?
                      Are you doing it at the request of, or in partnership with anyone else, individual or club?

No harm to see it done anyhow, but I'm just nosy

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Out of curiosity only Ciaran I have a few questions. No obligation to answer them of course.

Why are you doing this? Dunno, its 5 hours a year work & a shame not to see it done?
                        Is there anything for the winner(s)? Yes, see post #7
                        Are you doing it at the request of, or in partnership with anyone else, individual or club? No

No harm to see it done anyhow, but I'm just nosy Did run it by Kev a few weeks ago
                        Last edited by Dice75; 06-04-13, 13:00.

Comment

I think this is a nice idea... We have several decent Irish players who are consistently going deep in these events, always cashing but rarely get an outright win; having a ranking system like this will bring more recognition, respect and pride to their game.

Comment

Confirmation of qualifying games in the Norwegian Open Festival in Citywest (full schedule in link above)

Last edited by Dice75; 22-02-13, 18:02.

Comment

In the absence of any rankings this year these will be updated on IPB in this thread for 2013.

Qualifying Games -
                              Minimum buy-in of €200
                              Minimum field of 25

Points calculated (Number of Runners x multiple of buyin)
                              Forgive my ignorance but how does it work in practice?

Say i come 2nd in a field of 100 with a buy in of €100. How are the points calculated?

Comment

Originally posted by joedolan View Post

Say i come 2nd in a field of 100 with a buy in of €100. How are the points calculated?
                                It wouldn't qualify as the buy-in has to be a minimum of €200.

Comment

It wouldn't qualify as the buy-in has to be a minimum of €200.
                                  Thanks smaratarse

Ok 2nd in a field of 100 with a buy in of €200

Comment

Originally posted by joedolan View Post

Minimum Buy-In is €200
                                    Minimum Field is 25

Points calculated by multiplying number of runners by a multiple based on the buyin fee*

*Max Ceiling of Points set at 1600 plus Bonuses for any Tournament.
                                    *To include (as accurate as information allows) Irish / Irish based players only.

Example -
                                    500 runners / 2250 buyin

1st place = 1500 points
                                    2nd place = 1499 points
                                    50th place = 1450 points

Then there is a bonus applied of -
                                    1st +10%
                                    2nd +7.5%
                                    3rd +5%
                                    Rest of Top 10 + 2.5%

I felt this gave the best balance when it comes to trying to keep it even with regards to larger buyins vs larger fields. I set the €200 Minimum buy-in based on how i perceived the year in Irish Poker would pan out with regard to trying to keep it to roughly 80-100 qualifying events in this calender year as I felt this would be the right amount of Tournaments to base a ranking system on. If it were lower (ie €100-€120) you could have 500+ games and it would be unmanagable imo.

As I said before it is set up (I hope) to reward the consistant players in the €200+ Tournament market in Ireland.

Hope this helps & feedback always welcome.
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 30-10-13, 19:39.

Comment

I think in interest of fairness there should be a ten million dolla prize for anyone who wins ten in a row or twenty overall tournaments.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

I see the current leader is on the feature table on the stream in the Super Poker Event & third in the rankings is current 3rd in chips in the same event.

Comment

123 David McAndrew - 230 points
                                          232 Dave McAndrew - 38 points

To be merged this week when inputting Super Poker Results

Comment

Liam Chevalier is also down twice 91st ukipt cork 731points and 127th IPPF 221points

Comment

Just a note to say that there will be some sort of Tournament Package Prize for the winner of the rankings this year.

Hope to have it finalised by the weekend & will post here as soon as it is.

Comment

Well done Ciaran for taking the ball on this one and running with it
                                                My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Twitter Account up & running @IrishRankings (Follow & RT please )
                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 13-03-13, 10:12.

Comment

Good Luck to No.17 Andrew Sweeney (ULDuffer) chip leader coming back tomorrow of 28 in WPT Cyprus.

Comment

Fair dues Dice just gave the thread a little bump on our Facebook page.

Comment

Great job Ciaran.
                                                        Have now put a link to this thread in a prominent position at the top of my website.
                                                        http://www.pokerinireland.net
                                                        http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
                                                          Great job Ciaran.
                                                          Have now put a link to this thread in a prominent position at the top of my website.
                                                          http://www.pokerinireland.net

Ty Mick, expect to see you climbing the ladder as the year goes on

Good Luck to No.17 Andrew Sweeney (ULDuffer) chip leader coming back tomorrow of 28 in WPT Cyprus.
                                                          2/8 on FT tomorrow with over €100k up top. glgl.

Comment

Points updated to include February Fitzwilliam EOM & Super Poker Event from Citywest.

Next events for accumulating points are part of the Norwegian Open Festival in Citywest run in association with JP Poker starting on Friday week (15th March). All details above in post #16.

Comment

Have you thought about using Google docs with a weblink so people can browse the sheet to see where they are on the rankings? For example the one I used from the Deepstack HERE and set it that only you/people you give access to for permissions to change it.

Comment

Have you thought about using Google docs with a weblink so people can browse the sheet to see where they are on the rankings? For example the one I used from the Deepstack HERE and set it that only you/people you give access to for permissions to change it.
                                                                You can also embed it into the thread ( he might need a mod to enable this)

Comment

Might look into it, but if it doesn't have a search function it seems pretty much the same as above, no?

Comment

Might look into it, but if it doesn't have a search function it seems pretty much the same as above, no?
                                                                    Ah I did not know you were doing that

Comment

Confirmation of qualifying games in the Norwegian Open Festival in Citywest
                                                                      Norwegian Open Festival starting this coming Friday, see below.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16748

Qualifying Games for Irish Rankings in quoted post above.

Comment

Satelite this Wednesday (13th) for the JP Masters Main Event (€550 - 22/03/13)

5 Tickets Guaranteed

Satelite in The Village Green Card Club, Tallaght.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16838
                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 10-03-13, 22:33.

Comment

Fitzwilliam Card Club EOM Ticket (€270) added to winners prize.
                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 12-03-13, 16:02.

Comment

List of Current April qualifying games...........

Fitzwilliam EOM....
                                                                            http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4841

Cavan Masters....
                                                                            http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16898

Ned Kellys, Tramore.....
                                                                            http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16883

Western Open....
                                                                            http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16426
                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 04-04-13, 10:04.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Satelite tonight Wednesday (13th) for the JP Masters Main Event (€550 - 22/03/13)

5 Tickets Guaranteed

Satelite in The Village Green Card Club, Tallaght.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16838
                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 13-03-13, 10:47.

Comment

#40
                                                                                March/April Qualifying games updated to include Cavan Masters.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Dont forget - Norwegian Open Festival kicks off in Citywest later today....

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...027#post682027

1st Ranking Event is the €250 6 Max tomorrow at 4pm.

GL all.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Should be plenty of Ranking points available at the JP Masters (€550) in Citywest @ 8pm tonight. GL all.

Perfect poker weather for the weekend

Comment

#43
                                                                                      This weeks games......

Will have Norwegian Festival results updates as soon as I have them.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Results updated with Leader John Keown extending his advantage by taking down the Fitzwilliam EOM game last night (still scratching my head about that one ). WP John.

Still awaiting Norwegian Festival results - first 2 games are included above, waiting on 9 more. (*cough JP*).

GL to all playing in the Burlington this weekend.
                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 29-03-13, 11:59.

Comment

#45

Still awaiting Norwegian Festival results (*cough JP).
                                                                                          Reminded him about this last night, I'll make sure you get them later today.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by JPPoker-Christine View Post
                                                                                            Reminded him about this last night, I'll make sure you get them later today.
                                                                                            Takes a woman to sort things out

I'll text him my email address now, thanks Christine.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Rankings updated to include Norwegian Festival in Citywest results*

*Due to the unique nature of this Festival, only Irish results at the festival have been included to avoid an overload of one off ranking scores. All results have been saved and should they be required to be added to any future scores this year they will be.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Ciaran, you are doing a brilliant job with this on very limited resources, fair play
                                                                                                My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Irish Open Festival results updated in Rankings.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Updated to include Cavan Masters from the weekend.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Updated to include Tramore €1k shootout from the weekend.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        April/May confirmed games....

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          April/May confirmed games....

You can add Wednesday 15th May
                                                                                                          €250 with €50 scalp included
                                                                                                          €10,000 GTD
                                                                                                          Village Green Card Club
                                                                                                          €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                                                                                          Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                                                                                          €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                                                                                          CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
                                                                                                            You can add Wednesday 15th May
                                                                                                            €250 with €50 scalp included
                                                                                                            €10,000 GTD
                                                                                                            Village Green Card Club
                                                                                                            Done, good luck with the new game.

€10k Gtd too.

Last edited by Dice75; 19-04-13, 12:49.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Hi

Thank you for sharing such good information with us.
                                                                                                              casino online|uk casino|european roulette|casino game

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Fitzwilliam April EOM results updated.

Western Open this weekend http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16426

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Western Open Results updated.

May Tournaments.....

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Rankings updated to include Sky Poker Tour @ Sporting Emporium.

JP's new monthly Scalp game tomorrow night (Weds) is next up.

(€250 inc €50 Scalp - €10k gtd)

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=17123

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Updated with Village Green Card Clubs Mid_Monthly Scalps game.

Next up is Star Casino Bray's €220 game this Sunday (19th)

http://www.starleisure.ie/index.php/...er-star-sunday

.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 16-05-13, 10:40.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Results updated to include Star Casino Bray €220 game.

Congrats to the winner, one of IPB's own.

Upcoming games.......

Fitzwilliam EOM -
                                                                                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4841

Northern Open -
                                                                                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...049#post708049

Village Green CC -
                                                                                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=17123

Eglinton -
                                                                                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...935#post705935
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 17-06-13, 11:11.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X