X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€250,000 gtd Ladbrokes Irish Poker Festival-Day 2

Hello everyone.

We're up and running.

We started back at 1pm, and no sooner do I start writing this but the clock has gone on the blink and I can't see the numbers remaining.

There's a satelite to the 275+25 side event on at the moment and at 9pm there's a VIP single table charity tournament with various rugby/celebrity players.

Chip counts as follows

and the clocks are back. We have 264 left, we're on the 500-1000 with 100 ante.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Whats the Sat for the SE?
    STT or MTT?
    To lazy to walk down & findout

Edit - fkn fire alarm going off down there? - again too lazy to move
    Last edited by Dice75; 01-10-11, 12:42.

Comment

Guy in 4th Niall Smyth think might be the IO winner from this year, Barry McGleenon came 3rd in this last year, Lars Torngren won this last year, Paul Lucey was 2nd last year also.
      Last edited by tylerdurden94; 01-10-11, 12:50.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        STT or MTT?
        single table sats, there's a 65 quid turbo on later also, not sure of start time.

And get up out of your scratcher.

Comment

satnav is looking hot today, wouldnt mind a piece

Comment

Morning Folks,
            just got here after some much needed over night sleep.
            they are hald way thorugh the first level of the day which is 500/1000 100 ante.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              satnav is looking hot today, wouldnt mind a piece
              Get off Zods machine ScatNav

Seriously though, is there a fire in the hotel or is it just my alarm going off?

Comment

Nicky Power seems to be the first casualty of the day.
                just saw him across the room and he said AK v JJ and he is gone.

Comment

STT or MTT?

Edit - fkn fire alarm going off down there? - again too lazy to move
                  Go down and play the SE you lazy bollox, I found it much more fun than the ME last year

Comment

Seriously though, is there a fire in the hotel or is it just my alarm going off?
                    Where r u. Come down for a sec. Need to ask u something
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Well done lads on the updates, best of luck to all IPBers left in the event

Comment

I'm joining fianna Fail now I'm an Irish citizen.

Comment

No, just your alarm.

It is indeed Niall Smyth the irish open winner.

Maddogg has dropped down 10k to about 23k.

tony has chipped up a little to 28k

and mfoleyAA is on 115k.

Comment

almost 40 players gone in the first level, we're on 233 remaining.

Comment

obviously the sausage bap didn't repair my ability to spellcheck, so if a friendly mod could fix the title for me that would be most appreciated

Comment

Noone have a camera for wimmin pics?

Comment

obviously the sausage bap didn't repair my ability to spellcheck, so if a friendly mod could fix the title for me that would be most appreciated
                                  Done.

Comment

Mark McKeever is up to 120k according to his facebook and Maddog doubled up to KK vs 1010 is seems

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                      Where r u. Come down for a sec. Need to ask u something
                                      In bed, not moving

Comment

In bed, not moving
                                        Invitation sent.... awaits MSN response

Comment

Some chip counts:

Kieth O'Brien 40K
                                          Paul Lucey 26K
                                          Nick Newport 66K
                                          Newapproach 35K
                                          AnymoreJokes 30K
                                          Noel McMahon 220K

Comment

Keane would you ever get yourself down here and have a drink with Satnav, she's like a lonely puppy at the moment.

Comment

Dimoxinil, Valerie is on 55k

Comment

Keane would you ever get yourself down here and have a drink with Satnav, she's like a lonely puppy at the moment.
                                                He didn't make it back home this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  He didn't make it back home this weekend.
                                                  You mean from Thu night?

Comment

players are droping rather fast.
                                                    i think they have lost abt 80 players or so in the first almost two levels.

we have another 15 minuts left in current level(600/1200/100).
                                                    players are then going on a 20 min break.

i will try and get uptodate stack counts for some IPB heads.

Comment

Niall Smyth on 98k,

Maddogg doubled up Kk over 11 to 42k

Mike Foley still up and down, on 119k

New approach on 27k.

anymorejokes is still about, was chatting to him but forgot to ask his chipstack.

Comment

Flushdrsaw All in...

Tony moves all in for 18K from the button and gets called by SB.

Tony As 8c
                                                        SB Ad 7c

Flop was a bad Jh 9h 4d to give two over cards to the two of them ,making it the split more likely.

turn was a 6h and a beatiful 2d on the river gave Tony the pot.

he is now sitting pretty on close to 40K and i would imagine is delighted.

Comment

Bust first level today. Never recovered from a hit I took to mfoley yesterday and was short for the rest of the day. Gl to ipbers still in.

Comment

sitting on about 85k atm.

Comment

players are now on 20 minut break.
                                                              Flushdraw is at our table having a bit of grub.

some chip counts:

MFoleyAA 130K

Paul Lucey 20K

Mick Mcouskeoy 50K was down to 23K

NicoSanty 50K was up to 70K

Georg McKeever 200+K

Flushdraw 40K was down to 18K

Anymore Jokes 68K

Bready23 53K
                                                              Last edited by Gholimoli; 01-10-11, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                sitting on about 85k atm.
                                                                can you please come over to the blogging desk and say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                  can you please come over to the blogging desk and say hello.
                                                                  on my way!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                    on my way!
                                                                    man forgot to ask you what table you on?

Comment

189 players left and 57 get paid.

players are now back from the break .

Blinds 600/1200 Ante 100.

Shuffle up and deal.

Comment

i am not saying it went off while having a crafty fag out the window and not saying i crapped myself and started flapping pillow at the sensor and am sure if that did happen then it would have been Just a coincidence

Comment

any update on dave brady(brady23) thanks

Comment

Sitting beside MFoleyAA on table 31, he has ~140+.
                                                                            Just for the West Cork lads, as usual I'm nursing a small 40k.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Noel McMahon is a run good machine(like the rest of the Fitz gang).

he accidently opens from the button to 15K where he trows in 3 5K chips instead of 1K chips.

SB shoves for another 7K and obviously he has to call.

Noel 89o
                                                                              SB QQ

Flop is 7 8 2 and another 8 on the turn leaves SB needing a two outter.

the run good brings a 9 the river to give him a full house for good measure.

Comment

#40
                                                                                the 300 side event is about to kick off.

12K starting stack with 40min clock.

over 100 have registered already.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Tony still abot 45k
                                                                                  Ray Maddog 40k
                                                                                  Conor 40k
                                                                                  anymorejokes on about 55 after A9<A5

not a huge amount of interesting hands happening at the moment, most of the tables appear to be playing pretty tight with alot of players floating in the 40k range.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    165 left, about to go into level 13 1000-2000 witha 200 ante.

I'd expect a lot of players down in the next 2 hours before the dinner break as alot of players reach the 20bb level.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Mark McKeever and Bomber updates please

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Quoted from danutpeddlar's TR;
                                                                                        Egg chks, Harold shoves, Egg folds showing q7 with no clubs and goes in a mad bogger accent "any jack any 6"

This should be your new sig Tom. Funny on so many levels.

GL to Mark McKeever, Dave Brady and all the other IPB'rs

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Flushdraw is chiping up nicely.

got to the table on the river and Tony having a 11K bet in front of him.
                                                                                          there was about 20K or so in the pot already.
                                                                                          the board was:

Jc 9h Th 5h Js and villain took a few minuts before calling and Tony takes the pot tabeling AhKh for the nut flush.

he is on 70K now.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Noel McMahon's run good continues...

i get to the table where he calls a 5.5K raise from the BB with Q9 and they see a 3way pot.

FLop: K Q 9 rainbow and Noel leads for 7.5K .
                                                                                            preflop openner folds but he gets a from the button.

Turn: 6h putting a flushdraw there and action goes check check.
                                                                                            River is As and Noel check calls a 15K bet and his hand is good V Ax of the button.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                              Mark McKeever and Bomber updates please
                                                                                              Bomber was gone on day 1.
                                                                                              i will try and get updates on Mark for you.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                130 left, with 10 minutes in the 1000-2000 level still to go.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Ruby Walsh, Paul Carberry, several rugby players will be playing the charity event.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Some chip counts:

Newapproach 97K

Paul Lucey 65K gets lucky when he gets it in with A5 v JJ and hits two 5s.

Keith O'B 60K

Ray Masters 50K was up to 90K but runs a set of Qs into a set of As.

FoleyAA 55K

Flushdraw 100+K

Nick Newport 105K

Val 70K

Noel McMahon 300K

Maddog 58K.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Players falling very fast it seems.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        I have to say, the tournament has run very smoothly from what I've seen. Well done to Connie et. al for an excellent job.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Just an update on the€275+25 side event.

Over 180 players so far registered and with a while left to re-register they're expecting over 200.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Zod; 01-10-11, 16:47.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            deffo and i'm not complaining either

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                              deffo and i'm not complaining either
                                                                                                              Just reading these now it popped into my head the first year had was it 830 or so then 750 the following then 633 last year and now 569 for this year, sign of the times I suppose its definitely tough out there.

Shame thou I have been twice and it always seems like there is some great craic at it, hopefully keeps going as Connie and his crew put a lot of hard work into it.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                hi again
                                                                                                                any chance of chipcounts for
                                                                                                                kyle johnston table 38--5
                                                                                                                padraig murphy 31--6
                                                                                                                and crazzzzy barry mcgleenon 5--7

thanks

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  niall smyth is on about 150k, and is counting the minutes down until the break so he can get something to eat.

After dropping about 50k in the first level, he's chipped back up and says this last level is "killing him" after a long day yesterday.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by THE_GEEEZER View Post
                                                                                                                    hi again
                                                                                                                    any chance of chipcounts for
                                                                                                                    kyle johnston table 38--5
                                                                                                                    padraig murphy 31--6
                                                                                                                    and crazzzzy barry mcgleenon 5--7

thanks
                                                                                                                    table 38 has been broken and there is women seating on table 31--6 so i assume Padraig Murphy is busto.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      there is 18 minuts level before the 1 hour dinner break.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        been trying to catch a couple of hands to report on but havent seen any.

most hands end pretty much pre-flop and a few on the flop.
                                                                                                                        most remaining IPB heads have a decent stack with 120K+ and not short.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X